What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest massive toene

The Carrie Diaries written by Candace Bushnell

The Story is about Carrie Bradshaw before "Sex and the City" when she was 17 years old and went to highschool.

It is really fun to read! :)

Guest oriental_blossom

Currently reading Fallen and All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris.

Reading her books are more my vice than watching Tru Blood series, it really killed this good book. <_< and if Fallen were to be made into a movie, I think I'll pass on it considering the let down I've had with most movies that's been made lol.

Guest yokemun

i'm stil stuck with Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

and i'm also reading One For MY Baby by Tony Parsons..love this...real funny!!

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. So far it's entertaining, but it's no Harry Potter (sigh, will I ever find something else like HP?)

Guest cherii2007

I just finished Lauren Oliver's debut novel "Before I Fall". Now I can't read anything, because I REALLY have to get started on school work and stuff. T__T

Guest starrie

Read The Hunger Games and After Dark in the last couple of days. Can't say I was satisfied with either, but After Dark had a cool ethereal quality about the writing... first book by Haruki Murakami I read.

Last 10 book: in descending order

High Heat (a baseball story about an angry teen who's life changes for the worst. at first he uses baseball as a weapon but then it saves him)

The Time Paradox (the latest Artemis Fowl novel. it wasn't the best. the romance was awkward. I was expecting more after The Lost Colony's ending)

The Love Slave (smut smut smut smut smut! but I still appreciated the storyline because the female protagonist was strong)

Keeper (ugh. a soccer novel that i had to force myself to finish. i would have appreciated the story if it weren't for the fact that a ghost taught the main character how to play soccer. at least the story had an ending/closure)

The Things I Did For Love (a very innocent novel about young love. the guy is a bad boy. she is a good girl who thinks she can accept him for who he is. the surprise is that he actually changes for her.)

Roomates Wanted: A Novel (had to force myself to read it. the characters were either bland or annoying)

The Earthborn (i was rereading this one. a sci-fi novel i read when i was younger and never forgot. very interesting. about a starship that left the earth on a planet colonizing mission 100 years ago but returned to earth when the plans failed. now the 3rd-4th generation of the original colonists are back on earth. however, they see the people who are currently living on earth (which is like a post-atomic bomb world) as vermin and want to eradicate them. the earthborn won't let them without a fight. the only bad thing is that the story has a sequel which is hard to find)

Airman (a pretty acceptable story, not the best. but it was okay)

How to Say Goodbye in Robot (this story was pretty fun to read. but it leaves you with a hole in your heart after)

The Making of a Gentleman (currently reading. not the best romance. very pious as well)

Looking forward to 4th Bartimaeus book and 3rd Hunger Games book.

I have to find better books. Recommendations? I like sci-fi, fantasy, and sarah dessen books (YA)

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire. Kind of weird. His writing style definitely reminds me of the Grimms brothers.

Guest snaeha_dalis13

I'm reading Life of Pi and not enjoying it >< Serves me right I guess for reading something on the bestsellers list and not in the usual genre I like >.>

im starting to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

im only 15 pages in so i can't decide whether its a good read or not...

also ive bought for later reads A Time to Kill by John Grisham and Clockwork Orange

Guest winnter

^me too. im also reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson but im like 16 pages in and its all corporate business stuff right now so im iffy about it.