What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Finished reading a few of the books in the "You Wouldn't Want to Be..." series to see if I can use them in the classroom as unit openers.

• You Wouldn't Want to Be an American Colonist: A Settlement You'd Rather Not Start
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an Aristocrat in the French Revolution!: A Horrible Time in Paris You'd Rather Avoid
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Civil War Soldier: A War You'd Rather Not Fight
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Victorian Mill Worker!: A Grueling Job You'd Rather Not Have

Wonderful books with fun illustrations and historically accurate tidbits of info! Definitely going to check out the rest of the books in this series.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Myss Blewm

"The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan

The first book in quite some time that has brought me back to having my face glued to a book. <3 It's a kids' action book but I really like the books Riordan writes. He has a great grasp of action and mixing mythology/ancient folklore with modern civilization. This book isn't quite on the Percy Jackson level of awesome, but I blame that on the fact that it's written in third person narrative running off on the points of views between three main characters and both the Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicles books are in first person (PJ only with Percy's point of view whereas KC goes between the two siblings; and maybe it's because the action isn't as super awesome as the Percy Jackson books so far. But it seems to be building up to some epic stuff later in this book and hopefully in the later books in this new series, so I'll hold out. It's still really good, though, so I'll give Riordan that. As always, I love the humor in this book. I should really get around to picking up his Tres Navarre books, because I heard they're super good too.

Guest torteca

Just finished Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Currently starting on The Remains of the Day by the same author.

read Nocturnes by K.I. too and I must say I do enjoy his works.

Just finished Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Currently starting on The Remains of the Day by the same author.

read Nocturnes by K.I. too and I must say I do enjoy his works.

If you do, I definitely recommend Ishiguro's A Pale View of Hills. It's his first novel and personally I think it's quite underrated. Very beautiful and subtle, yet very powerful.

Guest teruteru_chan

Jon M. Huntsman - Winners Never Cheat {Everyday Values We Learned as Children But May Have Forgotten}

awesome, powerful and interesting book for business students ;D

Guest duckbutt'

Just finished Club Dead

I should read the next book, but I think I'll wait, and read The Girls of Gettysburg instead. (:

Maybeee. That or the book my friend got me for Christmas.

Guest wonbin091

Torment: Lauren Kate

I loved the fisrt book Fallen but the second one is dragging

a bit for me. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Matched: Ally Condie

I'm totally loving this book. I'm really loving the characters and setting genre of

a dystopian love story and society. Love it.

Guest rainbowartist

I'm currently reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I can say the movie version helps me to imagine every scene pretty well.

i just finished the room by emma donoghue.. wow. it's a really easy read, it's through the 5 year old's perspective and he's been living a captive in garden shed with his mom all his life. the author based it off the "monster of austria" if anyone's familiar with that case.

and i immediately moved onto roses by leila meicham, so far so good

btw, a little curious. do the majority of leisure readers here read physical copies or do you guys have ereaders?

Archived