What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest towriteloveonherarms

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

By the way, does anybody know the name of this book?

I remember reading the description a person posted up and it was pretty interesting.

The book's about a girl who decides not to or is unsure about whether or not to get plastic surgery but her older sister did. Or was it the other way around. That's all I remember.

Guest Leopoldine

Put Antichrist on hold... I'm not even sure I'll ever finish it.

I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I'm into English literature these days...

Guest treezie

Henry Paulson's new (and only) book, On The Brink. Good book, but a little bit of tooting his own horn...but what do you expect from an autobiography.

Guest lampshade

I have to read Sophie's World for AP English. It's so boring and long. D:

I liked that book and it was mostly because of my growing interest in philosophy when I read it. Honestly, I wouldn't think that that was a good book for an AP English class to assign.

I am reading Heart of Darkness for my African novel project. I don't like having to juggle books gah.

Guest kyugaroo.

I am reading Heart of Darkness for my African novel project. I don't like having to juggle books gah.

Ah, Heart of Darkness was one of the books I read recently for my English Lit coursework! The other was Things Fall Apart, which is sort of like a response to HoD. Anyway, right now, I'm reading three books: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (really liking this), The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (LOVE THIS! SO INTERESTING!! And it makes me want to go to Istanbul), and My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier (Interesting so far, highly recommended by a friend, and I absolutely loved Rebecca by the same author).

A friend and I compiled this big list of books to read, totally exceeded 100! So, I'm trying to read as much as I can.

Guest MELOVESYOUU

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

By the way, does anybody know the name of this book?

I remember reading the description a person posted up and it was pretty interesting.

The book's about a girl who decides not to or is unsure about whether or not to get plastic surgery but her older sister did. Or was it the other way around. That's all I remember.

The Fold by An Na ???

Guest yanjing

Ah, Heart of Darkness was one of the books I read recently for my English Lit coursework! The other was Things Fall Apart, which is sort of like a response to HoD. Anyway, right now, I'm reading three books: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe (really liking this), The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (LOVE THIS! SO INTERESTING!! And it makes me want to go to Istanbul), and My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier (Interesting so far, highly recommended by a friend, and I absolutely loved Rebecca by the same author).

A friend and I compiled this big list of books to read, totally exceeded 100! So, I'm trying to read as much as I can.

Things Fall Apart was actually one of the few books I enjoyed reading in high school. You make me really want to read The Historian and My Cousin Rachel now. Right now I'm drowning in my assignments so I'm just doing light reading. Khalil Gibran was amazing and I can't believe I'm so stupid that I never read anything from him before. I just picked up The Prophet on whim and I really enjoyed it.

Guest yani-sakura

I'm currently reading Hard Boiled Wonderland and The End of The World By Haruki Murakami.

I'm making my way through all of his books, I love them.

Guest barverley

for some reason, i have a tendacy to read numerous books at the same time. i just finished percy jackson the lightening thief and sizzle. percy jackson: because i wanted to know what the hype was, and the fact that i actually recommended this book in the kid's department (though i never read it.) hahaha. sizzle, an adult fiction book - i wanted to see how her contemporary romance books were. prettty good, i like how she likes to extend her old characters lineage to her "present time" characters.

the ones i havent finished is, the other boelyn sp? gir and the brave story. the othr boelyn girl: different of the "romance" theme, but i like it very much. and the brave story is actually a japanese novel translated into english book. fantasy adventure book more for preteen. i loveee it. almost done with it. ;)

Guest vulgar812

I'm halfway through reading I, Claudius. (I felt determined to read it after watching HBO's Rome--one of the greatest television shows. I intend to watch the 1976 adaption of I, Claudius once I'm through with the book). Livia perplexes me. I wonder how much of the story is factual. How can a woman poison both of her husbands and her own son?. The things people will do for power.

It seems like a fantastic book so far. However, nothing beats the Song of Ice and Fire. Martin needs to get off his richard simmons and finish the series. It's been five years since A Feast of Crows. The release date have been pushed back further and further each passing year.

Archived