[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

Guest ys_jen

I've done a translation of the free preview.. the audio is indeed terrible, so I hope I understood everything right.. and there's a few voices which I can't recognise, but I tried my best:

OTS: "What do you mean, I was charged with threatening (Lawyer Cho)?"

(OTS was released, and he and SWJ looked at each other)

Mr Ahn: This was something that was intentionally planned by them!

A voice (maybe OTS's dad?): Was it you?

The NIS man, to SWJ: What do you want?

A voice (maybe YW Construction's president to OTS's dad?): I'll help you.

SWJ: Please release reporter OTS.

A voice: The only thing left is for GBS to fall.

OTS: Seo Woo Jin..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shuky

I've done a translation of the free preview.. the audio is indeed terrible, so I hope I understood everything right.. and there's a few voices which I can't recognise, but I tried my best:

Yeah!!! Thank you all for the translations....am really hallucinating!!!! Liquidfir, it's disappointment

level 1!!! hahaha....

Guest kanshu

Episode 14: Part 1 (based on c-subs. All mistakes on parts lost in translations are all mine)

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

There's a possibility here that OSW was framed by YWC for corruption, ending his political career prematurely with his conviction and imprisonment. As pointed out by SWJ, OSW discovered something was not quite right with the study which obviously clashed with the interests of the money men. There's hope perhaps that OSW would go to the rescue of oTS??

Be back soon with part 2.......

Wow. Thanky ou for the recap, it's very much appreciated. And oh the irony, should it really turn out that OTS got his father imprisoned over some fake data... i.e. after OTS has it happen to himself now... I think that OTS will never forgive himself if what WJ hints at should proove true. I wonder if he will ever again trust his insticts as a reporter... if it's true, that might be very well mean the end of OTS as a reporter... :crazy:

Or SWJ wanna tell OTS in person ;)

So, YWC's way to keep OTS quiet is simply to let the stupid police play a kids' game with him...... :blink:

HAHAHAHAH i HOPEEEE

---

yea i find it such a stupid way to temporarily stop OTS. in tmr's episode they will probably let him go.and ts would probably get even more fired up to expose them. stupid i say.

but at the same time, this might ruin ts's clean cut reputation in the reporting world because of his father's case

Guest kanshu

For the memory card (should be memory card, right?), OTS wanted to trace where it came from and to whose hands it passed on with its serial number...

That should be difficult, unless the entire lot was sent to a specific place. If, for example, the memory card was bought in your regular shop, that's about as far as you can trace the thing. Unless, of course, the serial number is somehow recorded on sales bills. But if the chip was part of a batch sent to department X of the Ministry for Game & Fishing, then recorded in the inventory and handed over to employee Y, you can trace it.

Guest markho826

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!!!!!!!!!ys_jen, my walking JJH encyclopedia!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

HAHAHAHAH i HOPEEEE

---

yea i find it such a stupid way to temporarily stop OTS. in tmr's episode they will probably let him go.and ts would probably get even more fired up to expose them. stupid i say.

but at the same time, this might ruin ts's clean cut reputation in the reporting world because of his father's case

Hope that his father will try to help him clean everything up.

:huh:

Guest acemaverick

after keeping quiet for so long, i've decided to post something.

after watching romantic comedies for quite a bit, i was kinda getting very tired of the romance factor.

since this show has only 2 more epis to go, i think it is almost impossible that a love relationship occurs between SWJ and OTS.

this is so far, if i didn't recall wrongly, the ONLY k drama which i watched which has ABSOLUTELY no romance factor in it. (not counting the fact that Lee Sung Choel has something towards SWJ)

i totally applaud the PD and the whole production team for making the show work, for i think nowadays, maybe it;s the norm but usually without a little romance in it, the show may not be that bearable for some? or should i say majority? even Air City and Lobbyist, which i consider more or a action pack show has some form of romance in it.

i don't know about the ratings but this show definitely has my support.

and i certainly hope that in the last 2 epi, the PD don't pull some stunt and suddenly decide to put some kiss scene or some romance in btw the two leads.

after watching this show, it really goes to show how hard reporters work and the immense pressure they have, esp if it's in the area of politics. you want to report the truth and yet you're tied down by the political pressures.

i guess no matter how much freedom of speech a country has, ultimately the main press papers and still a little controlled by the government somehow.

well, this is my two cents worth. solely just on my opinion.

Guest Akombakom

this is so far, if i didn't recall wrongly, the ONLY k drama which i watched which has ABSOLUTELY no romance factor in it. (not counting the fact that Lee Sung Choel has something towards SWJ)

That is far from the truth, since OTS and SWJ have glances and gestures towards each other that tell more than words. But of course everyone sees what they want to see.

I still hope today's episode will not cut off this budding romance.

But... no matter why someone likes the show, the main thing is that they like it.

Another thing... I don't know that much about Korean film culture, and I haven't been able to watch too many dramas and movies (maybe that's why I yearn for action, romance and interesting topics as well in one production), but there's one thing I don't understand:

JJH left out 3 years from work, right? This is the first one after 3 years and they are in a hurry like hell. I mean... does the production team have such a narrow period of time? Is film-making in Korea like a hasty conveyor belt in a factory? Good for you, if it's true, because in our country, such a few films are made per year... :tears:

Guest kanshu

Another thing... I don't know that much about Korean film culture, and I haven't been able to watch too many dramas and movies (maybe that's why I yearn for action, romance and interesting topics as well in one production), but there's one thing I don't understand:

JJH left out 3 years from work, right? This is the first one after 3 years and they are in a hurry like hell. I mean... does the production team have such a narrow period of time? Is film-making in Korea like a hasty conveyor belt in a factory? Good for you, if it's true, because in our country, such a few films are made per year... :tears:

You might find this article interesting: http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/05/behind-the-k-drama-scenes/

It's mostly abut "Fantasy Couple", but it gives some interesting insights into production during the interview part.

Guest markho826

Just drop by to relax the tense atmosphere here while we are all waiting for tonight's episode. :D

Spotlight's "fantasy couples"...... (credit: DC)

ccc.jpg

ddd.jpg

aaa.jpg

bbb.jpg

eee.jpg

And...OTS' wristwatch.

watch.jpg

tag-heuer-GRAND-CARRERA-CAL8-klein.jpg

TAG Heuer Grand CARRERA Calibre 8 RS Grande-Date GMT

Guest shuky

Just drop by to relax the tense atmosphere here while we are all waiting for tonight's episode. :D

Spotlight's "fantasy couples"...... (credit: DC)

Hahahaha....Reporter Kim and CME....that's a match made in heaven....much better than reporter Kim and LSC...poor guy :lol:

How can they pair SWJ and JJG ??? hohohoho :D

But I simply love the cap of OTS and SWJ sleeping.......they really look good together, much photoshopped ??? Silly me...it's from their "first date" watching Iron man!!

BTW, do you know if JJH is watching the finale with his fans tomorrow???? Or will he be busily filming like one hour before broadcast??? How about SWJ????

Gosh...it's the last but one episode in less than two hours.....

Guest markho826

But I simply love the cap of OTS and SWJ sleeping.......they really look good together, much photoshopped ??? Silly me...it's from their "first date" watching Iron man!!

BTW, do you know if JJH is watching the finale with his fans tomorrow???? Or will he be busily filming like one hour before broadcast??? How about SWJ????

I also love that cap.

Yes, it's photoshopped. Indeed, OTS should be on the SWJ's left side when they watched 'Iron Man'.

I don't think JJH will watch the finale with his fans tomorrow.

According to my walking JJH encyclopedia, the production team managed to film the last scene of Episode 14 (i.e. when OTS was caught by the Police in a cafe) two hours before that episode was aired.

Hope that he can watch the finale with his family. ^^

I learnt from a Japanese article that a group of his Japanese fans will fly to Korea from four different countries in Japan to meet him on the coming Saturday.

But I don't know if this is going according to schedule or not...

Guest kanshu

I don't think JJH will watch the finale with his fans tomorrow.

According to my walking JJH encyclopedia, the production team managed to film the last scene of Episode 14 (i.e. when OTS was caught by the Police in a cafe) two hours before that episode was aired.

Hope that he can watch the finale with his family. ^^

Heh, at the rate they are filming, the final scene will probably be a live-airing directly from the set... with some reporter talking to the audience on how the drama spotlight successfully finished shooting.... <_<:unsure:

Though it would kind of fit the entire theme of the show. :sweatingbullets: Shesh, just two hours between filming and airing, that's tough!

sorry babes i juz got home LOLLL i need to download before i can give any preview what is going on now

lol nothing really happen at the dinner .apart from him asking her to eat and call for a soju .lol but i do love how their eye exchange at the first instance .when she went to see him .and he was taken out by the officer .....*did i mention i am so in love with ji jin hee .~~ .sigh why cant i met him before his wife

btw ..i think the matter is really hard to resolve ..they even have GBS reporting department under investigation ..even when they release Cap

hmm i really dun know whose side his father is on .....the way it ended .he have a certain information that seem pretty critical .and have his name on it too .i mean his father

.the friend whom Cap had relied on ..er i dun know why after that memory card incident he still trust that person ? ...he has the information intially and i think he was suppose to met with either Cap or his father ......at the airport but he meet Cap 's father before Cap and Woo jin come to the airport ....Cap's father give him an airport ..implying him to be away from korea for a while .but he refuse ..though Mr Oh told him not to worry about what is going to happen next

oh Cap called the man but he didnt pick up the call .anyway ..Cap and Woojin didnt manage to met him nor get the information .the moment they were out of the airport ..they are surrounded by MIB again .........tsk

Guest shuky

I choose to pick up on the romance bit........selective viewing... hahaha...actually those were the parts I could understand!!!

OTS and SWJ's dinner happened when he was released from the police lock-up. OTS remembered a small detail (I think SWJ prefered to eat the soup with some paste???, a reference to their meal after the helicopter ride to work on the script for MS Daily, if I remembered right edited: hahaha...I defer to Chief Shirley's recap...gosh...what a world of difference between soju and bean paste!!!...aigoo...) and asked the ajummoni for it. SWJ was slightly taken aback that he remembered.

In the lock-up, OTS was thinking about SWJ, at least that was how the editing suggested. SWJ missed cap and sat on his empty seat, going through his notes on the desk.

On a lighter note, LSC gave SWJ the sun screen he was fourced to buy for his girl friend as he didn't want to let slip more info on YWC when he was out with SC and his rookie. LSC threw in a perfume as well, only because SWJ's his schoolmate.

Guest markho826

I'm a bit lost after watching today's episode...

I'm wondering if Cap's father is on the good or evil side...

Will he try to help his son with those materials he got in the airport?

No idea who those MIB are...

I think I've got a real hang-up about that.

The scriptwriter is so successful...hanging everything in the balance...

I choose to pick up on the romance bit........selective viewing... hahaha...actually those were the parts I could understand!!!

lol at least i think he called for soju ~~

1. Cap was taken in by the NIS

2. GBS got news of his arrest .and the station was in chaos .i think there were some negative feedback from the news they reported ..there seem to be protestors outside GBS

3. Woojin was shocked to hear of Cap 's arrest ...

4. Woojin and Soon Chul did attempt to find evidence to prove his innocence and i think the tape at the elavator when Lawyer Cho was in the station .was evidence enough .that Cap didnt have a chance to be near him or something

5. anyway Woojin took the tape and went to met with that officer from NIS . seem he was also speechless to rebute the evidence .?

6. er ..but then i wasnt sure why Woojin went to meet with the YW constuction guy .

7. Cap was eventually released

8. But the moment he was back at GBS , the station was put under investigation by authority .all documents and files taken for inspection

9. i think the Director of GBS talk to Cap and perhaps hint to him of the seriousness of the matter ? did he ask Cap to resign perhaps ?

10. Cap wasnt defeated by all these ...he still found evidence to expose the special ecomonic zone scandal with Woojin and Soon Chul to help him

11 his father and the YW construction gang met ...the Senator Kim seem to asked Mr Oh for something ?

I'm a bit lost after watching today's episode...

I'm wondering if Cap's father is on the good or evil side...

Will he try to help his son with those materials he got in the airport?

No idea who those MIB are...

i still have a slight hope perhaps the father does have a certain plan .er otherwise it is really too much to do that to your son and ruined his career ..he does seem to want to make amends ? but just the way he was behaving .seem abit werid .hmm but maybe he is secretly trying to gather information to expose the entire scandal .--;; i think the YW construction guy was telling Senator Kim .that Mr Oh is still Oh tae Seok father and should be wary of him or something .but the boss doesnt seem to heel his advice

Archived