[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

Guest Jinny617

Good luck on your exam!!!!! I'm sure you will do well. I'll be sending all of my "4.0 4.0 4.0 4.0 100%!!!!!!" mind waves to you. Hahaha.

But you have to promise to start sending me good waves starting in two days T__T I have tests starting Friday till next Wednesday ----and then SUMMER!

<3 But...gyaaaah, I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, and I should be studying instead of thinking about this!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shuky

He basically told her it was because she had potential. <3<3<3 It was like what we were talking about a few pages back, how at the beginning of this episode he sort of frowns on the idea of being an anchor because it seems like anchors are being turned into celebrities, as opposed to any real journalists.

And so when she asks him why he's so opposed to her audition, he says, "Because you have potential." Or I guess the literal translation is the "possibility to bud" like a flower, but it's not...that kind of tone in Korean, so saying it that way sounds a lot more flowery-speeched. Haha.

<3 But basically he thinks she has the real potential to be a great reporter, so he's giving her a hard time and he wants to make sure she stays a journalist as opposed to becoming another "almost celebrity - not quite journalist" figure instead. CUTE.

Ah....I see the light now!!! Thanks Jinny617 for the translation. "possibility to bud" like a flower......haha *slaps hand on forehead!

=====

Here's more tidbits on episode 6, for those who don't mind being spoiled (SPOILER ALERT):

The role of GBS anchors:

From what I've gathered after watching episodes 5/6, GBS anchors don't do reporting. SWJ's mom was lamenting the risks involved as a journalist when she was waiting for news about SWJ's safety in the newsroom. Rookie LSC quipped that he had always assumed that SWJ wanted to be an anchor(seems SWJ was an anchor in her college broadcast station), implying perhaps that the job didn't require news gathering outside the newsroom, hence, less risky. OTS alluded to the same in his sarcastic remarks to SWJ at the lift lobby at the end of episode 6. He said that he didn't understand how for some people who had gained some popularity, they would prefer to be an anchor and no longer use legwork to gather news. In the training session to be anchors, the trainer highlighted the important role played by anchors. They were to collate and organise the information gathered (by journalists) before telling the news to the viewers. Because they were presenters, they were also closest to the viewers. In the past, female anchors played a supporting role to their male counterparts. Today, they could be said to be on par, if not more important. Of course we know by now that the President of GBS had every intention to make SWJ a star, a celebrity anchor to bump up ratings. SWJ already had the making of of a star. Her face was plastered on yet another magazine cover (from office gossip by political editor Mr Jung, not sure of the spelling of his name though) and she was the major talking point in town.

The new department that OTS was assembling

This is based on the conversation between the station chief and OTS in his office. The station chief remarked that ever since OTS took over as cap, ratings had gone up by 1.2%. The boss wanted to expand investigative news. The original idea was to have 1 min 30 sec pieces to wrap up the news bulletin. He thought about lengthening it to 4 mins to give news more depth. OTS was of the view that even 4 mins would not be enough as in terms of depth, they would never be able to beat the print media. The chief agreed and said that was precisely why he wanted to hive off investigative news and turn them into a separate, 30 min weekend programme called "Digging Deeper" (sounds strange, maybe my translation here is iffy!!!ok, don't laugh at me :)) As OTS had always wanted such a programme, he would lead a new team working on it. The chief gave him a free hand to cherry pick his team members station-wide.

What was OTS quibble over SWJ's story about the old lady (in the editing suite)?

He wanted to can her story as she didn't have footage of the old lady, no interview of her to speak of. His point was that if the story was all about this lady, it didn't make sense not to have footage of her. SWJ's counter argument was that she wanted to respect the lady's right to privacy (she was a very private person, going about her charitable work without any media fanfare). OTS pointed out that she could at least try getting her to do an on-camera interview and they could mosaic her face later to protect her privacy (pixelated effect). At least the viewers could hear her voice. To salvage the story, SWJ must get an interview with the old lady. While she didn't get a camera interview, her ability to empathise with the family moved them somewhat. In episode 7, we saw the lady's caregiver giving a voice recording of the lady to SWJ, which she eventually used in her story (with footages of her in hospital bed and the funeral wake plastered over it), touching many hearts in the newsroom. We could see that OTS was very proud of SWJ at that moment.

Ok...got to go....can't wait for episode 8 and our Spotlight's version of the Powerpuff Girls (Guys)!!!!

Good luck on your exam!!!!! I'm sure you will do well. I'll be sending all of my "4.0 4.0 4.0 4.0 100%!!!!!!" mind waves to you. Hahaha.

But you have to promise to start sending me good waves starting in two days T__T I have tests starting Friday till next Wednesday ----and then SUMMER!

<3 But...gyaaaah, I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, and I should be studying instead of thinking about this!

LOLLL i am sending u all the good vibe right now {받아여ㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕ}

ok let me know whe u receive it LOLLLL

juz got home from my exam yahOOooooOOOooo. itz O-V-E-R. muahha.

okay i shall update u babes when the paid preview is out LOLLLLL

sidenote: spotlight is too interesting to resist LOLLL i watched live yesterday despite my exam LOL

Let's flash back to SYJ's great dance (credit: DC)

Oh Ya.... while watching online.. I was giggling with OTS too :lol: :lol: faintz ... just wondering... is this an old clip of SWJ like what those freshmen have to go through?

Guest ys_jen

JJH was soooooo cute today!! I was smiling and laughing so much the whole episode... and I also like how the writer continues to question what a 'good reporter' really means. Looks like next episode will be really interesting too!!

Oh Ya.... while watching online.. I was giggling with OTS too :lol: :lol: faintz ... just wondering... is this an old clip of SWJ like what those freshmen have to go through?

LOLL yeapz at the end of their internship they have to do a song / dance routine LOLL for their seniors who taught them things LOL

lol this drama making all of you not concentrating for your exams ^. good luck for your tests!^

LOLL yeapz at the end of their internship they have to do a song / dance routine LOLL for their seniors who taught them things LOL

then can someone find what did OTS did for his senior haahhaha ...

captures from DC

1E07080604HDTVXViD-MOOHAN10364212-2.jpg

1E07080604HDTVXViD-MOOHAN10394112-2.jpg

Guest markho826

then can someone find what did OTS did for his senior haahhaha ...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

That's how 'Cap' calls someone else 'Cap'.

cap.gif

Guest shuky

LOLLL i am sending u all the good vibe right now {받아여ㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕㅕ}

ok let me know whe u receive it LOLLLL

juz got home from my exam yahOOooooOOOooo. itz O-V-E-R. muahha.

okay i shall update u babes when the paid preview is out LOLLLLL

sidenote: spotlight is too interesting to resist LOLLL i watched live yesterday despite my exam LOL

WooHoo!!! The dancing girls and guys in Soompi Spotlight News will now do the SWJ dance to celebrate your freedom. Jinny617, when your exams are over, we will do the rookie LSC dance!!! Pssst, does that mean you will watch episode 7 more than 10 times??? :lol:

Guest shuky

News Flash.....episode 8:

OTS is worried about SWJ and he is jealous (potential competition in the picture, engineered by some bad guy SWJ was investigating)

No preview but a flashback of OTS and SWJ moments...the type to show how the leading man and lady have fallen for each other...I sure hope!!! (*desperate)

ahhh gah i only caught the middle part coz my tv ants kept buffering non stop.

taeseok and woojin decides to check up this particular case - no idea what but probably involving money and illegal stuff.

and taeseok told woojin to keep it a secret, they gonna both do it together. woojin agreed

and then buffering.

until woojin kept getting threats. and one of the illegal guys i guess went to her house along with his wife.

when wojin refuses to back down, the wife wacked her up by pulling her hair o.0 and scratch her across the face.

woojin's parents were horrified and asked her what was woojin doing/checking ?

woojin's mum called taeseok and complains to him that her daughter got hurt.

taeseok was like WTH how badly.

her mum told taeseok thatz itz not how much she got hurt that is important but the fact that she got hurt.

and her mum asked taeseok what the hell did he asked her daughter to do to deserve a bashing.

and the mum hung up on taeseok

the next day taeseok heheheheh touches woojin on the face and was like GOD ur face.

(it was juz a scratch dude)

and woojin was like lowering her head. down down down.

taeseok roared:' shouldnt you report to me when this kinda thing HAPPEN!!!!!! ROARS

THEN

mr "evil not as hot as JJH-guy" senior appears out of the blue and pretend that he actually HAPPEN to see woojin at the gbs building where she works

woojin was pleasantly surprise and told taeseok to go up first.

LOLLLL did everyone see the J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y

ON HIS FACE

MUAHHAHA

Guest markho826

Just miss the on-line episode by inch.

I arrived home when the episode ended.......................................

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :tears:

Guest puela

not responsable if fake.. sorry guys cant control *itchy ppl playing nasty with the links

08-0605-2155-고화질] 수목미니시리즈 '스포트라이트'.avi (578.95MB) <U>저장</U>

Just miss the on-line episode by inch.

I arrived home when the episode ended.......................................

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :tears:

LOLLL roars at least u didnt have to handle buffering. i was like almost smacking my computer.

puela.: dont u hate those people STABSSSSS

Archived