Jyu Oh Sei

juhee

with Oguri Shun & Koichi Domotooh dear god i hope there isn't another thread with the same topic~!!
i looked at the official anime thread and i went back at least 10 pages...

Synopsis: In 2436 AD, 350 years since humans had terraformed the Balkan Star System, two young twins, Thor and Rai, living on the space station Juno, arrive home one day and discover that their parents have been murdered. For unexplained reasons, they are kidnapped and exiled on an uncharted planet named Chimera, also known as the "Planet of the Beast King" (Jyu Oh Sei). They must fight desperately for survival on this harsh world, infested with giant carnivorous plants and populated by outcasts and criminals from across the galaxy. Determined to escape at any cost, Thor sets out on a journey to become the "Beast King" (Jyu Oh), who is rumored to be the only person with a means to leave the planet.

imageimage
Thor ->Voiced by: Minami Takayama (Child), Koichi Domoto (Adult) [Yes from KinKi Kids]
Thor, the main character of Jyu Oh Sei, was abandoned together with his twin brother, Rai at Chimera. He adapts quickly to Chimera’s environment and fights for his survival on the planet. After many near-death experiences, he learned more about Chimera and the myth of the Beast King.

Rai ->Voiced by: Minami Takayama
Rai is Thor’s twin brother and was abandoned together with Thor at Chimera. He is the weaker twin, and Thor must go to great lengths to protect him.

Tiz ->Voiced by: Nana Mizuki
Tiz was originally the Second of the Sun Ring’s female clan. Immediately after meeting Thor, she takes a liking to him and tries to make him her mate, much to Thor's dismay.

Third ->Voiced by: Shun Oguri (YES THE ACTOR FROM HANA KIMI [japanese. ver] and Hana Yori Dango!)
He is known only as ‘Third’ as he was the third in command of Ochre Ring. It has been so long since he was called by his original name that he can no longer remember it. He acts as a supporter of Thor when he declares that he intends to become the Beast King.

Zagi ->Voiced by: Kazuya Nakai
Zagi is introduced early in the series as he saves Thor and Rai from a dangerous situation. He is very pragmatic and encourages Thor to abandon his brother rather than protect him due to his weakness.

Karim ->Voiced by: Romi Paku
Karim is a very beautiful woman, and acts as Blanc Ring's second in command. She appears later in the series but plays an important role.

Chen ->Voiced by: Rika Fukami
The leader of Sun Ring's clan. She is constantly hounded by Ochre Ring's leader to become his wife. Despite this, she is very enthusiastic and vocal about her love for his third in command, Third, placing both of them in danger.

credits: wikipedia
Jyu Oh Sei Opening: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LyejEXEes4
Volumes: 5 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=10474Published by: TokyopopAnime Episodes: 11

i loved this anime... i can't seem to find a manga around though.... hmm
and i couldn't believe that oguri shun is in this also!!!
i seriously recommend this drama to everyone~
i'll post pictures of the characters later...

Guest fruiteechi

i really liked this anime. i thought it was pretty interesting however it's a pity that it was so short. they could have made it 26 episode long and it would have made some nice character development. it's still good though and i highly recommend it especially if you're not looking for a long series to watch.

• 1 month later...
Guest Khikarugal

I never finished the anime even though it was only about 10 episodes long...never really got into it but nevertheless, I watched because of Domoto Koichi. He's so sexy :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AzNdAyDrEaMeR

my girlfriend showed me this anime and i was hooked, i couldnt stop watching until i finished and stayed up til 6 in the morning finishing it. i love anime's wher eyou get to see the character grow up and develop so seriously, but it is also always so sad to see the ending, you'd wish there were more to it sometimes

Archived