[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is interesting,

how could MH do that, by leaving his family behind just like that,

I do understand that he is really tire but not like that, for what I know, he shouldn't be this weak. like what his grandpa said, he looks weak on the outside but inside he is really strong (what a controversy)

Hope he is just taking a break, and after his rest please don't give up on the family he got right now, espcially that little boy who needed his dad so much (remind me of DC and his dad, the attachment).

One thing I really admire the parenthood of MH and JH, they never brings the problem of their life into their childs life, no matter what happen they keep their image in front of their child. unlike YCH and STH who makes their kids to realize the true world at their young age.

this is interesting,

I do understand that he is really tire but not like that, for what I know, he shouldn't be this weak. like what his grandpa said, he looks weak on the outside but inside he is really strong (what a controversy)

Hope he is just taking a break, and after his rest please don't give up on the family he got right now, espcially that little boy who needed his dad so much (remind me of DC and his dad, the attachment).

One thing I really admire the parenthood of MH and JH, they never brings the problem of their life into their childs life, no matter what happen they keep their image in front of their child. unlike YCH and STH who makes their kids to realize the true world at their young age.

perhaps the reason why MH and JH don't try to poison TH's mind because they themselves are victims of overbearing parents (JH couldn't be with her first true love because of YCH's interference with DW and MH obviously because of STH).

I thought for one second that maybe JH's father is DW and DC's father Lee KiChul (especially back when YCH adamantly refused JH as a possible girlfriend for DW.) I thought maybe she did that because she knew that her husband is JH's father. (it seems like YCH was okay with all his affairs... he was pretty obvious about Kisoon's mom...) But then seeing as how STH agreed to let JH marry MH, I doubt that's true, since STH seems to know the back story behind JH's parentage.

Maybe JH's father is the priest/father? Maybe its like... the priest fell in love with a girl in the village, but according to his commitment to the church, he's not allowed to marry. But they were very much in love, so he sinned, and the result was JH? In order to keep it from the village JH's mother gave her to her grandfather to raise, and left...? Just a wild speculation.

Guest thienly

this is interesting,

As I said before that I feel more sorry for DW than MH because MH is just TOO HAPPY to accept the LEE family and leaving behind his grandpa and mom and so one while DW still in shock about his id ..

but it's not fair that he shouts at DW saying DW's father killed his father....wonder how did he feel when DW said exactly that to him years ago.....he must have felt the same way when he didnt know who his father was yet.....I meant he was the one that live with the killer up till now...and walk away free of attachment...doesnt his mom and grandfather love for him mean nothing to him?...and now shout at DW like that is just not fair for DW ..and forcing DW to realised his id and asking DW to leave behind a family he has ever had for 30 years is just TOO CRUEL on MH's part

Guest edenlove

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-01-27]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 27.0%, 26.4%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 8 (KBS2) - 25.9%, 25.3%

3. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> episode 44 (MBC) - 21.8%%, 22.4%

4. KBS 9 News (KBS1) - 17.3%, 15.6% (#5)

5. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 17.3%, 15.4% (#6)

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...46&p=newsen

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 26.2%, 25.8% (#2)

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 24.2%, 26.3% (#1)

3. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> (KBS2) - 22.6%, 22.1%

4. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 21.0%, 20.4%

5. KBS 9 News (KBS1) - 19.1%, 18.7%

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...06216&p=akn

Guest savingwork

Hehe...I'm sorry...I was really busy earlier...I'll post the rest of the pictures ASAP :)

Thank you very much Luv for the pictures :):P

No need to apologize, take your time. :D

Guest mikasaranghae

i don't understand this part: rebecca was shown to shoot STH in the end of espisode 42...then at the beginning of 43, they just showed STH beating her... how did she get there, being captured & all? when STH was the one got shot. i don't get it.

thank you for helping.

Guest savingwork

Its weird that this thread is getting more and more quiet. I've stop watching until episode 40 bcoz i was busy due to the holiday season but i've download the episode until episode 43. Hoping to watched everything by 2moro. Hopefully no one will come and visit my house 2moro. Thanks to cutegirl for the torrent link :)

I wish I had your patience!! :sweatingbullets:. You are so lucky to get to watch episodes 41-43 in one shot!!without the agony of waiting. Hope you enjoy your watching (very exciting episodes). :D

Maybe JH's father is the priest/father? Maybe its like... the priest fell in love with a girl in the village, but according to his commitment to the church, he's not allowed to marry. But they were very much in love, so he sinned, and the result was JH? In order to keep it from the village JH's mother gave her to her grandfather to raise, and left...? Just a wild speculation.

That would be indeed twisted :crazy: . Although I feel your idea maybe far fetched, anything could happen with eoe!! it just keeps us entertained with more and more speculations and predictions to be made. Lets enjoy the ride in these final episodes :) .

As I said before that I feel more sorry for DW than MH because MH is just TOO HAPPY to accept the LEE family and leaving behind his grandpa and mom and so one while DW still in shock about his id ..

but it's not fair that he shouts at DW saying DW's father killed his father....he must have felt the same way when he didn't know who his father was yet.....I meant he was the one that live with the killer up till now...and now shout at DW like that is just not fair for DW ..and forcing DW to realized his id as well just TOO CRUEL on MH's part

I have a lot to say about this subject (MH character change/character in general; DW position and reaction), but I m trying my best to hold back until I get a clearer picture next week! Currently I am completely in agreement with your thoughts. ( actually I am quite relieved that someone else shares my frustration in the situation ignited between MH & DW- both are pitful/suffering, but one is reluctantly bound while the other is luckily free). ^_^ Last thoughts: if there was anyone with bad luck, I would say DW has the worst-- finding out you're the son of the killer! :crazy::tears:

There's meaning the underlying story between the Lee's and the Shin's. Depending on how you want to interpret the story you could see biblical references or you could simply see some or most of the story as one of human nature at one end of the spectrum or you might see a strange corruption by power theme at the other end. People will see any number of themes in this show, which is one reason (at least I think) people find this show as amusing as they do.

properly your right, because this is the first time I ever join any discussion about a drama and it really surprise me how I reacted towards each episode. Ussually I got bored from drama once I can quest what would happen next, but this one is so out of expectation. I never know what would come next.

Guest savingwork

i don't understand this part: rebecca was shown to shoot STH in the end of espisode 42...then at the beginning of 43, they just showed STH beating her... how did she get there, being captured & all? when STH was the one got shot. i don't get it.

thank you for helping.

Hi mikasaranghae. You're right!! ep 43 started with Rebecca being tied and STH beating her. Rest assured you did not miss anything :sweatingbullets: . The transition between episodes 42 and 43 was abrupt and without further explanation on how STH captured Rebecca or anything else.It felt Quite annoying and unbelievable, don't you think? :blink: I guess you could blame the director for that :P .

Guest hafsa23

Can anyone summarize what happens between President Guk and YR? He seemed pretty upset.

Thanks.

i'm wondering the same thing.....help!! anyone....

Guest mikasaranghae

Hi mikasaranghae. You're right!! ep 43 started with Rebecca being tied and STH beating her. Rest assured you did not miss anything :sweatingbullets: . The transition between episodes 42 and 43 was abrupt and without further explanation on how STH captured Rebecca or anything else.It felt Quite annoying and unbelievable, don't you think? :blink: I guess you could blame the director for that :P .

thank a lot :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . i thought there was something wrong with my memory.lol

Guest edenlove

i don't understand this part: rebecca was shown to shoot STH in the end of espisode 42...then at the beginning of 43, they just showed STH beating her... how did she get there, being captured & all? when STH was the one got shot.

Rebecca is a woman and alone. STH got lucky and was only shot on the arm. Like what he told Rebecca, even the bullet will divert its direction away from him.^^

Obviously his secretary would have captured Rebecca and so on... the PD doesn't need to show every single detail. Back to Rebecca, I think her motive for asking STH out is not really to kill him, as she has informed DW to go to the villa and witnessed his father's evil deeds. Rebecca is prepared to be caught and tortured by STH.

Archived