[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!!

I'm new to this thread haha been lurking around here for about a week ^_^ EOE has been on my list to watch over winterbreak but I had stuff to do so I push back on it and when class started it has been hectic but my classes were schedule apart so I decided to start on EOE and I'm totally hook on it already! haha I'm just barely up to episode 28 but I sorta like to read spoilers cause I can't wait to watch more. I usually stay up till 4 in the morning to watch it and get in trouble with my dad haha. It has been a while I even watch kdramas probably about 2 or 3 years and I have to say this is probably my last kdrama too :P

I also want to thank you guys for providing awesome caps! hehe im way behind but hopefully i can catch up soon :P and so far my favorite character gotta be DongChul haha and of course I love him with Young Ran their totally my favorite couples now! I think I got the EoE syndrome now. My lil sis says its getting worse since usually when I'm suppose to read my textbook I read and watch an episode the same time

Even though I'm wayyyy behind from the caps you guys made, it looks like DongWook seems to show his evil/anger side more and more. I wonder if he's gonna turn into like his father? For some reason... I don't get how the priest sorta fit in to the show? I know he has been there for the characters and all but so far what I watch up to he seems not fitting in though he rarely appears

Guest savingwork

Some thoughts on ep 43… “spoilers alert..”

This episode was kind of boring for me (maybe because I could not understand a single word).

If I did not miss anything, the episode began with STH torturing a tied Rebecca; she told him that she called DW, his son to the scene (I guess she had everything planned).I must say that this was the first time I admired Rebecca! I mean I thought she was pretty smart calling DW in advance to catch STH in the act! :ph34r:

Afterwards, we see DW driving STH; I don’t know where to (?). Inside the car : I was tortured by the “long” conversation between STH and DW (well, it was mostly STH blabbering non stop, which was very very annoying because 1-I did not know what he was saying 2- poor DW looks to be suffering more and more with every breath STH takes).

Then, as expected DW did indeed get angry at STH and just left him and drove off alone!!?? :blink:>< WHAT/? (I asked myself why didn’t he drive him to the police station and prosecute him for torturing Rebecca. After all, this was his opportunity-unless for certain I missed something). I guess we have to wait for the subs in order to fully understand. (any help someone?!)

When STH returned home, where MH, OYH and JH were gathered, he shouted at and disowned MH. Basically, he does not want MH to inherit TS, as he has no blood ties he declared. MH goes up to his room and cried to his son. He is a very pitiful character as many would say. I admire PHJ acting in this scene. The way he burst crying is like he has been holding all his sadness/weakness inside of him trying his best to show a strong face in front of STH. But it all crumbled as always in front of his son, alone.

finally, :sweatingbullets:

STH is a confusing character. Just when I was about to declare him 100% evil, he gives me that confusing look in the morning when TH ran crying to his grandpa telling him MH has left. Was STH actually feeling guilty for scolding MH/for MH leaving? Did he harbor some love for MH as a father (despite not being blood related, he did raise MH for more than 30 yrs.)? Many questions unanswered, which shows how complex some of the characters in this show are-which is an interesting way to make viewers wanting to watch more and more in hopes of grasping what is deeply hidden in each of the character’s mind and heart. ^-^

Guest savingwork

Hi, does anyone have any idea/or know what was the conversation between STH and DW at the beginning of the episode 43? Why did DW look unusually sad and dispirited in front of STH? Where/why has he lost his confrontational attitude?

Thanks

^ mysoju just links it off of Viikkii.... but better in the sense that there's a link for the next part where as.. Viikkii..for whatever reason took away that..and you have to always go back to main page to find the continueing part...

Guest savingwork

did the nurse rebecca.... die? did STH kill her? thank you.

Nurse Rebecca is safe and sound (for now at least) as DW and one of his coworkers rescued her from STH. It was then that STH and DW had their first face to face meeting as father and son. hope that helps ^-^.

Does Hwang Jung Eum appear in ep 43 or 44 at all? I don't see her in the caps or preview. Thanks

You are right; she did not make any appearance in ep 43.

Guest bless_u

I read in this page saying that episode 43 rating is 17% and BOF is leading 2%! Woow...

but it getting more interesting... and I'm hoping for more of gukja couple!

Guest edenlove

I read in this page saying that episode 43 rating is 17% and BOF is leading 2%! Woow...

Due to the holidays, all top 20 ratings fall below 20%.

Daily TV Rating - [Monday 2009-01-26]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 7 (KBS2) - 19.5%, 19.1%

2. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> episode 43 (MBC) - 17.5%, 17.8%

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

1. East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> episode 43 (MBC) - 18.6%, 22.1%

2. Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> episode 7 (KBS2) - 18.1%, 17.4% (#3)

Thanks Luv for ur caps! :wub:

Do you guys know where we can watch EOE with subs aside from ViiKii ?

I think viikii is the fastest side where makes the English sub. :wub:

Yesterday and today are Chinese New Year, so i think they don't have time to do the sub. We have to wait. Be patient. :P

"I'm sorry .. i'm sorry .."

He (SMH) kept reapeating the words to YCH before he collapse .. Those sad memories he had about YCH's family has burden him so much. For not able to feel the real love his father (LKC) and for those bad words he said to YCH and family. really tortured him so much. Especially after STH throw him away from the house.

Where should he go now?? Who should he called Father and Mother? and the most important is "Who is he??"

He tried to find the answer behinds his tears.

"I'm .. not Lee Dong-Wook .. I'm Shin Myung Hun ..."

"I don't need anything now .."

It's really break my heart when LDW said this to LDC. He so freaking sad/upset after he saw SMH in their rooms. Rooms that only he and LDC shared together. It feels like .. ".. it not my house since I'm sth's blood" ..

"Please take care JH and TH for me .."

"Appa ... don't go .. I wanna go with u too .."

:tears: . . he (SMH) handed grandpa (President Oh) and asked him to take care JH and TH for him. and now it's his (LDW) duty to complete the funeral. :tears: .. what should we do now?? I thought they can have good ending for this? but i really cannot hold my tears fall. neither to control the sorrow, and hurt feeling i feels now.

Guest nice2008

2 MVs of Lee Tae Ho

Hope everyone to be relax ! :)

Lee Tae Ho - MV1

Song "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" By Celine Dion

The Lyrics :

The first time ever I saw your face

I thought the sun rose in your eyes

And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave

To the dark and the endless skies, my love

And the first time ever I kissed your mouth

I felt the earth move through my hand

Like the trembling heart of a captive bird

That was there at my command, my love

And the first time ever I lay with you

I felt your heart so close to mine

The first time ever I saw your face

Your face, your face

Your face

MV1.jpg

Lee Tae Ho - MV2

Song "The Gift" By Jim brickman ft. collin raye & susan ashton

The Lyrics :

Winter snow is falling down

Children laughing all around

Lights are turning on like a fairy tale come true

Sittin' by the fire we made

You're the answer when I prayed

I would find someone and baby I found you

(Chorus)

And all I want is to hold you forever

All I need is you more everyday

You saved my heart from being broken apart

You gave your love away

And I'm thankful everyday

For the gift

Watching as you softly sleep

What I'd give if I could keep

Just this moment if all of time stood still

But the colors fade away

And the years will make us gray

But baby in my eyes you'll still be beautiful

Chorus

Repeat Chorus

Can't find the words to say

Thank you for the gift

mv2.jpg

Lee Tae Ho - Pretty Boy

I made the 2 new MVs for the replacement "Lee Tae Ho - Pretty Boy" because YouTube have a strict copyright of the song "Pretty Boy By M2M" and now the old MV can't play.

If someone want to watch the complete version, Please Download ! :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/48r0c9

The lyric of song "Pretty boy" By M2M :

I lie awake at night

See things in black and white

I've only got you inside my mind

You know you have made me blind

I lie awake and pray

That you will look my way

I have all this longing in my heart

I knew it right from the start

Oh my pretty pretty boy I love you

Like I never ever loved no one before you