[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

LEE DAE HEE FEELS RELIEVE AFTER LEAVING "EAST OF EDEN"

lee_da_hae_left.jpg

Following Lee Da Hae’s desire to quit “East of Eden“, her character has finally left the drama in episode 40, with the scriptwriter putting her on an overseas study to end it all. However, how does Lee Da Hae feel after completing all her responsibilities in the drama? “If I should use a sentence to summarize, that would be relieve and my reluctance to part with the crews. Without having to fret anymore for this character is like having a big boulder removed from my shoulder. But I couldn’t bear to leave the crew members,” Lee Da Hae said.

Yesterday (13th), Lee Da Hae accepted an interview by the Korean media. During the interview she expressed: “Initially, I entered the team with the mentality of portraying Hye Rin well. But now, having to leave just like that makes me feel a little ’sorry’ towards everyone. During this period, I have tied a strong relationship with them. So I do fell a little reluctant as today will be my last time appearing in the drama.”

“Compared to leaving the drama, I feel much sadder having to part with my friends. I hope that ‘East of Eden’ will be able to complete its filming successfully with the help of all the crew members,” she continued.

During the interview, Lee Da Hae also mentioned about her last scene shot on the 5th Jan. She said: “After completing my last scene, I smiled and bade farewell to all the crews. In order not to affect their emotions and disrupt the normal filming, I left the studio as usual.”

According to the news, Lee Da Hae will be having a temporary break while at the same time considering for her next project. In regards to this, she said: “I would really like to give the viewers a better performance. once there is any good project, I will be willing to begin my work immediately.”

From the interview, I think she must have felt pretty awkward leaving like this, especially when she mentioned that she had to leave the studio in order not to affect the crews. Anyway rest well, I will be awaiting for your next project.

Credit : Hanfever

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like your message ! thanks

look at this picture

East_of_Eden.JPG

Lee da Hae is the main cast why they kick her out too soon ? I'm not Lee da Hae 's fan , but I think may be something weird or conflict from the crew, the writer or someone else .....

If it's fair for LDC , He will meet some one simple , nice .. like his stepmother

I really do not like a married woman YR who has one hand with her husband and another hand with ex-lover ! jealous of other woman who close with her ex-boyfriend ! and trying with her tears making him going around around her ! like YR :sweatingbullets: I'm too tired of YR :sweatingbullets:

like a father Gook , like a daughter YR :sweatingbullets:

Nobody kick her out but she decides to leave by herself. :rolleyes:

Your opinion is same as mine! Thanks for that!

Lee da Hae is the main cast why they kick her out too soon ? I'm not Lee da Hae 's fan , but I think may be something weird or conflict from the crew, the writer or someone else .....

I like Da Hae, but i am also not her crazy fan. I like her acting in few dramas! Her performance was excellent. At first, I watched this drama because i wanted to see her excellent acting again. When i saw the poster, i thought that she must hold an important role which had something to do with Dong Chul and Dong Wook, and would be the lead actress in this drama. But week in and week out, the more i watched, the more i was disappointed. Her appearance was too little.

This drama has many stars, and i think all of them have the certain fans. I can see that Da Hae has quite a lot of fans, so that they watch this drama because of her, of course. At the end, this drama makes them disappointed so much!

I heard that Da Hae left because the scenario was not same as what she expected.

I really do not like a married woman YR who has one hand with her husband and another hand with ex-lover ! jealous of other woman who close with her ex-boyfriend ! and trying with her tears making him going around around her ! like YR :sweatingbullets: I'm too tired of YR :sweatingbullets:

That was why i said YR was selfish. She told DC to leave her like she was very generous, but her action was opposite. If she understood DC's character, she would know that DC would never leave her alone when she had problems. Well, she knew that, but she still called him. I still remember the time she got married and moved to Macao, as time passed, DC was almost recovered his pain and tried to forget her, but she suddenly called him and made him confused and worried again. :tongue2:

I am tired of her too. :sweatingbullets:

Although i don't like her, but i did hope that she would love Mike and had a happy ending with him. So sad that Mike left too soon. <_<

If It 's happened

It means LDC will take second-hand shoes from Mike ,No more shoes in this world ? and "buy one get one free ":blush: :rolleyes:

What a life :rolleyes: sorry for him :sweatingbullets:

If DC is just merely a man minding the “used shoe” metaphor, his humanistic build is not that solid after all.

Woman’s right is no property of others'.

Guest redzone85

I'm disagree with you all I want DC&YR end up together anyway I'm DC&YR shipper. :tongue2:

I feel bad for DC, nah.... i reckon his a moron to be honest. A truly stupid idiot, who cannot control his emotions with YR. Now even his uncle left him, because he sees no hope in DC.

YR isnt the only woman on this planet, theres plenty of prettier girls with a MUCH nicer personality. Why stick around a woman who got married, and got pregnant especially bearing the child of his once friend! Only chickens with headless head would do such a thing. Can you even imagine the reaction it will cause his mum? jesus!

^Maybe Dong Chul's love is unconditional. He will take her no matter what. That's true love.

LOL, and if YR really loved Dong Chul. SHE should leave DC forever, dont even bother calling him in worst case. Dont go close to him!~~ thats true love. DC should snap out of it, but emotions is a pinkberry... hoping he snaps out of it soon. YR is the type i wouldnt go near, she is more than dangeorus and will bring more trouble than Gook himself.

You can comment all you want about her. Has she had a role in anything yet or is this her first part outside of singing in Sugar (I think)?

the only drama i saw Hwang Jung Eum in was "Last Scandal" she didn't have an extensively long role there, i think she was ok, the story didn't focus on her thus i didn't pay attention to her character...

but in EOE she'll be an important character if earlier descriptions are to be true...so i'll hold my comment until we all see the episodes to come...

That was why i said YR was selfish. She told DC to leave her like she was very generous, but her action was opposite. If she understood DC's character, she would know that DC would never leave her alone when she had problems. Well, she knew that, but she still called him. I still remember the time she got married and moved to Macao, as time passed, DC was almost recovered his pain and tried to forget her, but she suddenly called him and made him confused and worried again. :tongue2:

Although i don't like her, but i did hope that she would love Mike and had a happy ending with him. So sad that Mike left too soon. <_<

i'd really like to comment the statements that are in bolds...

1. YR was selfish until she learned of DC's plight, the story of his life, the rough life he had lived thus far, in episode 22 as she was bout to leave with Mike, she saw a newspaper where DC was behind bars, YR ran away from the airport and went straight to the LEEs...she took refuged there for the night then she overheard DC's mom sobbingly commenting about DC's condition, he's rough life...YR shed tears when hearing that...she saw the whole reason, that everything DC did was for his family...as you remember the next day he was disowned by his mother then episode 23...YR said "i can, but you can't (she's talking about running away to live a life with each other) because you love your family, you have your father's dream that you want to accomplish..." from that statement YR wasn't selfish. and ever since then YR carried a burden of selflessness...a burden she's willing to go thru for DC...

a. Marriage - she married Mike w/o truly loving him, she was doing it so that her father wouldn't hurt DC.

b. 'New interest' - she confessed to Jaeng that DC has a new interest/woman (HR) and wish him well upon

knowing that DC will meet her again for dinner <-- well that didn't go far.

c. TS electronics - after 6 years...YR learned that her father still making DC doing dangerous errands,

she decided to act...upon learning that he's interested in TS electronics, YR did the unthinkable, she betrayed

her father in giving DC the bidding price thru Jaeng secretly.

d. 'I did it' - the confession to her father that she was the one that gave DC the bidding price at the moment

when it was clear that Guk had every intention to end the life of DC right there and then.

and finally to add thoughts of ironies...if indeed YR is pregnant with Mike's baby...then i believe Mike saved DC's life...the twist of irony and fate converged at that very hour, that the seed of Mike repaid the kindness that DC showed to Mike when he needed someone to be there for him...think about it...if DC, upon the collapse of YR didn't yell out "President, she's pregnant!!...with Mike's child" DC could have died...

Guest misspinky

i don't know if LDH's character's words have any more meaning than dialogue but she says "who knows, i just might come back" as always i might be overanalyzing as in real life she leaves the cast but no one knows except the screen writer what will happen but it's an interesting way to leave i guess.

Guest redzone85

Nobody kick her out but she decides to leave by herself. :rolleyes:

You dont have to directly kick someone out. Indirectly kicking someone out is just as bad, even worse because it messes with the persons feelings.

the adding another character is totally ridiculous. after THAT many years, DW wouldn't fall in love totally w/ HR (she was beside him all the time), he is still very longing for HJ, and now suddenly he will fell in love w/ some other girl...ridiculous. if they initially wanted DW and HR together, then there should not any hints to HR and DC, and just let HR and DW ends up together, which makes more sense. I see there is NO necessary for a new character. if HR was still in EOE, there would be no one for DW still, then when she is out, there should be no one for DW also...does it mean b/c of HR, DW couldn't have any other woman, and now she is out, he can have someone...RIDICULOUS...

You can comment all you want about her. Has she had a role in anything yet or is this her first part outside of singing in Sugar (I think)?

the only drama i saw Hwang Jung Eum in was "Last Scandal" she didn't have an extensively long role there, i think she was ok, the story didn't focus on her thus i didn't pay attention to her character...

but in EOE she'll be an important character if earlier descriptions are to be true...so i'll hold my comment until we all see the episodes to come...

She was in the drama The Person I Love with Kim Dong Wan (Shinwa) in 2007 as second lead heroine and what I can say is she was a good actress too..:)

I feel bad for DC, nah.... i reckon his a moron to be honest. A truly stupid idiot, who cannot control his emotions with YR. Now even his uncle left him, because he sees no hope in DC.

YR isnt the only woman on this planet, theres plenty of prettier girls with a MUCH nicer personality. Why stick around a woman who got married, and got pregnant especially bearing the child of his once friend! Only chickens with headless head would do such a thing. Can you even imagine the reaction it will cause his mum? jesus!

LOL, and if YR really loved Dong Chul. SHE should leave DC forever, dont even bother calling him in worst case. Dont go close to him!~~ thats true love. DC should snap out of it, but emotions is a pinkberry... hoping he snaps out of it soon. YR is the type i wouldnt go near, she is more than dangeorus and will bring more trouble than Gook himself.

You dont have to directly kick someone out. Indirectly kicking someone out is just as bad, even worse because it messes with the persons feelings.

Up to you I don't want to talk about it anymore because you and me are in the opposite that can make other

people had boring goodbye. :rolleyes:

the adding another character is totally ridiculous. after THAT many years, DW wouldn't fall in love totally w/ HR (she was beside him all the time), he is still very longing for HJ, and now suddenly he will fell in love w/ some other girl...ridiculous. if they initially wanted DW and HR together, then there should not any hints to HR and DC, and just let HR and DW ends up together, which makes more sense. I see there is NO necessary for a new character. if HR was still in EOE, there would be no one for DW still, then when she is out, there should be no one for DW also...does it mean b/c of HR, DW couldn't have any other woman, and now she is out, he can have someone...RIDICULOUS...

Change of screenplay writer, the dropout of main cast, and the unexpected extension. With 18 episodes to go, the production team probably has to stir more dusts than letting it settled.

I am not attached to LDH's performance but I do enjoy watching the on-screen casual chemistry between her HR character and YJH’s DW in recent episodes. The interaction is natural and matured – one nice thing if EoE gets to maintain and develop that. But at this point, it is no more a case.

Anyway, it seems DW is going to be very busy in the coming episodes.

Your opinion is same as mine! Thanks for that!

I like Da Hae, but i am also not her crazy fan. I like her acting in few dramas! Her performance was excellent. At first, I watched this drama because i wanted to see her excellent acting again.

<_<

i like ldh too..expcially MG. I dont watch her other drama bc it really streotype like what she did in "Miss .." But i start dislike her when some of her fans in this thread bad mouth some of others character but compliment their fav character instead (like she never done anything wrong -). Can u tell me which drama that show her excellent drama?..i think all her drama just so-so..^_^ + her shouting also annoys me!! :tongue2:

Although i don't like her, but i did hope that she would love Mike and had a happy ending with him. So sad that Mike left too soon.

u must've skip the drama..since u still dont know whats going on! :sweatingbullets:

why some people here still holding and complaining on to the love plot of DC when it's already made clear...

ep23: the confessions at the beach, both DC and YR confessed their love to each other...there will be no other woman in DC's heart now in EOE...it's made clear now ever since an actress decided to leave EOE...so there's no chance for another love plot for DC.

I don't get you. Why you are saying about the love plot? Anyone complaining that DC is not loving that woman? Nope.

Is their relationship dragging enough? Well you don't think so but there's ppl thinking so. I just wished the writer cut short on Guk (YR) -DC and let more time for the birth revelation and its impact. Now they are dealing with the two relationships, and of course, to continue the love plot focus they have to shorten the main plot. Don't you think that MH's struggle and the revelation to both families done too fast? In about 4 episodes every one knows.

I myself don't understand when there's people saying "why people think..." actually people are people so they have different thoughts. You are entitled to your opinion and people are entitled to theirs, I have seen many different opinions from mine here, this is the most controversial thread that I've been too and I get used to it. And it surprised me that you still are not. Well, you are still asking why people like this, like that :) ? I guess instead of talking about people, just say your thoughts/analysis and that's much better, oops but that's my opinion and of course you can do different.

JH-MH and DW fans are not here any more. Not saying about LDH fans. So you don't understand why there's different opinion (jk)? :) Maybe there's new members who don't find their camp yet, just be patient a little longer and they will flee away. Leave this place for DC-YR shipper.

Well, just as I can see, if this goes on, with the above kind of discussion then the thread can be closed any time. OOps I should stop too.

Guest edenlove

I still remember the time she got married and moved to Macao, as time passed, DC was almost recovered his pain and tried to forget her, but she suddenly called him and made him confused and worried again.

In that episode that YR called DC from Macao, she was only engaged to Mike NOT married.

(in EOE history, there were 2 persons who broke their engagement: MHR and her sister, both with Baek)

When YR was married to Mike, she has never met/call DC once during the six years.

Indeed... there are really two different versions of EOE.^^

if they initially wanted DW and HR together, then there should not any hints to HR and DC, and just let HR and DW ends up together, which makes more sense. I see there is NO necessary for a new character.

East of Eden Might Be Extended + Hwang Jung Eum Added

January 13, 2009 by coolsmurf

Hwang Jung Eum was also confirmed to be coming in as a replacement for Lee Da Hye’s character, Min Hye Rin who will be leaving in Episode 40 tonight.

According to earlier news in Korea, (as per the revised script) DW-HR supposed to get back together after DW knew about his birth secret. Unfortunately, the actress decided to leave the drama, hence the new character/actress added is to make up for that gap. No surprise at all for people who follow the drama news development.

Guest Lucy2009

DC & YR forever

YR knows that DC has his intension to revenge Shin Tae Hwan. So, she deals with her dad that she married Mike but he must take good care of DC. She wants to protect him.

Guest edenlove

I just wished the writer cut short on Guk (YR) -DC and let more time for the birth revelation and its impact. Now they are dealing with the two relationships, and of course, to continue the love plot focus they have to shorten the main plot. Don't you think that MH's struggle and the revelation to both families done too fast? In about 4 episodes every one knows.

There are also people complaining that the birth revelation is too draggy! Definitely hard to satisfy everyone.

It is about 2 episodes focussed for each main cast to know the secret, starting from Ep 33: MH/JH, DC/JJ, Mdm Oh. MH's impact started from Ep 33 and flowed through current episodes. If YCH, DW and STH all get to know it by next week, the whole birth revelation actually stretches for 10 episodes or more. The subplots of Guk/YR are actually very minimal and in fact do connect back to STH and DW as well. Not standalone subplots (or waste). Plus, screentime are also allocated to other characters like Rebecca and Priest Han being key persons to the birth secret.

The birth revelation IMO, is reasonably well paced and managed.

DC+HR shippers, u can say all u want coz we all know u guys are mad, hurt, and angry DC is not going to end with HR..

if DC still accept YR, that shows his love is even deeper than anyone (u guys) can imagine. he loves her despite of anything :)

Archived