[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

excuse me, can I ask a stupid question?

At the beginning of the film, why did DC call YR as Gukja??? I missed that part

Sorry for the question :(

Is it because when Dong Chul asked how old is her age, Young Ran raised a soup ladle (Gokja - in Korean) and a chopstick. that's why he called her gukja .. ?? I kinda lost it too... But i love that part !

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest danceplaylove

^ Yeah. All I need is the pictures. & I request that you credit me somewhere in your signature, please.

Back on topic: I really think DC and YR compliment each other. They have to have that little conflict & teasing & interest in the the beginning. But with HR, there's just ... "Oh, I met you before! ..What about it?" type of thing.

Guest White Star

Is it because when Dong Chul asked how old is her age, Young Ran raised a soup ladle (Gokja - in Korean) and a chopstick. that's why he called her gukja .. ?? I kinda lost it too... But i love that part !

He asked her what's her name....she don't wanna to give him her real name....so she say gookja (meaning soup-ladle)....

this happen after they ate at his boat house....and he took her to her hotel..... She said she has a client to meet...DC ask "you're not a good girl aren't you?" "live you life righteously"

YR say "take care of your life first" "Thank you for the ride" She lean over a kiss him , DC is shocked, Yr say "don't worry i won't bite"

+WS+

courtesy repost from njs1005, TSH

[ from: krdrama

Ep 37 Highlights

진실을 알게 되어도 동생으로 받아 줄 수 없냐는 명훈의 물음에 동철은 지금까지 지켜온 질서를 하루 아침에 깰 수 없다며 자신의 동생은 동욱 하나뿐이라고 말하는데...

知道了真相也不能当成弟弟接受么 听到明勋的问话,东哲表示:到现在一直延续下来的秩序不能在一瞬被打破,自己的弟弟只有东旭一个...

MH asked DC why he could not accept him as brother after knowing the truth. DC said: What has been all this while can't be changed at once. My only brother is DW... ]

------------------------------------------

:tears: poor MH, his own brother do not have the heart to accept him yet....DON'T GIVE UP MH!!!!!

3 more days!!! :w00t:

*courtesy re-post from lilcrash, soompi

[ Ep 37 preview in words

동철은 명훈을 쫓아가 명훈이 한 말에 대해 다시 묻고,

그 사실을 말해 준 사람이 누구냐고 다그친다.

东哲追上明勋,又重新问起明勋说过的话,

追问是谁告诉他事实真相的.

DC went to MH again, asking him the same question.

DC keeps asking MH, who told him about the truth(about that he is his real brother) ?

한편, 국회장은 동철을 찾아와 영란이 끌려갔다고 말하는데...

另一面,国会长来找东哲说英兰被拽走了....

On the other hand Pres. Guk comes and find DC to tell him about YR, who got abducted/kidnapped.. ]

Ep 37 Highlights

진실을 알게 되어도 동생으로 받아 줄 수 없냐는 명훈의 물음에 동철은 지금까지 지켜온 질서를 하루 아침에 깰 수 없다며 자신의 동생은 동욱 하나뿐이라고 말하는데...

MH asked DC why he could not accept him as brother after knowing the truth. DC said: What has been all this while can't be changed at once. My only brother is DW... ]

:tears: poor MH, his own brother do not have the heart to accept him yet....DON'T GIVE UP MH!!!!!

3 more days!!! :w00t:

Are you sure that's how he replies to MH:

not quite understoodable, he could accept anyone, event the person who betrays him, but not the enemies son......

if that's the highlight, this is getting super exciting..

Guest LolitaMan

haha other missteps I noticed in the show....

The kid Ta Ho was awfully big to still be sleeping in that crib.

LDC's BMW... I swear those models with that type of headlights didn't appear until the 2000's correct??

I'm dying to see some all out tongue kissing!!! Is Korea in general against using tongue kissing in dramas? :P

LDC's BMW... I swear those models with that type of headlights didn't appear until the 2000's correct??

I agree most of the cars that the actors are using now seem out of place for Korea in 1993. The BMW's alone look more like 2004-2005 models if not newer.

yeah, it'd be hard for the production crew to prop up the drama of the exact car year for all the cars they used in the drama...although they did pretty good early early in the drama with the prop cars they use according to the timeline of the story...

my feeling is it's more of a hassle to find the exact year for a 1990-93 BMW or Hyundai than let's say newer versions which is everywhere in car dealerships currently...

Guest edenlove

He asked her what's her name....she don't wanna to give him her real name....so she say gookja (meaning soup-ladle)....

Actually Gukja means first name for Guk, but Gukja has the same pronunication as "soup ladle" in Korean.

does anyone know why grace was in the hospital where mike was feeding her? thank you.

the assumption was she was in a depressive state and slit her wrist after the force seperation from DC by her father on that beach scene...Mike brought her to Macau without her father's knowledge making him think that he's taking her all over Europe...

Guest mikasaranghae

the assumption was she was in a depressive state and slit her wrist after the force seperation from DC by her father on that beach scene...Mike brought her to Macau without her father's knowledge making him think that he's taking her all over Europe...

thank you very much.

Ep 37 Highlights

I think that Ep 37 preview in words is wrong, 2uss.. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

This is the right one. (Makes more sense with the Ep 37 preview that was just released)

Ep 37 preview in words

东哲追上明勋,又重新问起明勋说过的话,

追问是谁告诉他事实真相的.

DC keeps asking MH, who told him about the truth(about that he is his real brother) ?

另一面,国会长来找东哲说英兰被拽走了....

On the other hand Pres. Guk comes and find DC to tell him about YR, who got abducted/kidnapped..

this happen after they ate at his boat house....and he took her to her hotel..... She said she has a client to meet...DC ask "you're not a good girl aren't you?" "live you life righteously"

YR say "take care of your life first" "Thank you for the ride" She lean over a kiss him , DC is shocked, Yr say "don't worry i won't bite"

+WS+

Hmmm I was always thinking that Gukja is Gook (as in her first name) and Ja comes from Hwang Ja (as in princess) because she has always been like a princess

Wow...YR got kidnapped? Is this her last brush with death? Probably kidnapped in retaliation of Pres. Guk killing Mike's brother.

I think that Ep 37 preview in words is wrong, 2uss.. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

This is the right one. (Makes more sense with the Ep 37 preview that was just released)

Ep 37 preview in words

东哲追上明勋,又重新问起明勋说过的话,

追问是谁告诉他事实真相的.

另一面,国会长来找东哲说英兰被拽走了....

On the other hand Pres. Guk comes and find DC to tell him about YR, who got abducted/kidnapped..

Archived