[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Just adding my 2 cents hehehe!!!! Everytime I read somewhere that HR will be involved with her sister's lover....I just don't think that will be the case....The description I think was something like the guy will get into a dangerous love relationship with HR......I feel like it will be definitely 1 sided on the guy's perspective. I feel like it will be some sort of "fatal attraction or rather obsessive kind of love" for the guy. I just don't see HR purposely trying to seduce him, especially if he is DC's friend, because if she tries to seduce him and DC finds out how will he be attracted to such a conniving woman. I think that base on the description of the guy...he is the most sought after bachelor....from this, it means that women are falling over themselves trying to catch him but he chooses Hye-rung but here comes Hye Rin who is such an independent woman who barely even notices him much less falling over herself trying to land him. So he is intrigued by this amazingly different person which will lead him to try his best to make her fall for him but alas Hye Rin will fall for DC which may lead to this guy and DC friendship to crack or crumble. He might even be 1 of the reasons why Hye Rin and DC will break up. Who knows he might try the dirtiest trick and force himself on Hye Rin.....making Hye Rin to turn away from DC (aside from the fact that she will find out that DW and DC are brothers)....leaving DC will make her more focused on her ambition and try to be powerful enough so people like Baek Sung Hyun will never take advantage of her again and possibly or eventually use him also to do just that since he is the son of an influencial financial family.

Just my theory....... :blush:

Yea.. sometimes the character charts and descriptions might not be the real thing. They only give us a gist on what might happen. We will only know until we get to that part.. However, articles did hint that HR would turn somewhat evil later into the story.. and that's probably why we all speculated that she'd actually seduce PSW's character in order to climb up the company ladder, and to enhance her status in her family. (cos she's illegitimate).. All speculations only tho..

And about DC falling for HR.. I think it will probably happen after HR gets together with PSW's character? I mean, like you said, how on earth can DC be attracted to a conniving woman like HR? The only reason's that he probably would not even encounter HR before she gets together with PSH. Or the other likely reason, he can see thru her tough side.. and somehow feels that they both are able to connect with each other? Ahh.. all the useless speculations..:lol:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it about their president's speech?..i wonder what he was talking about..haha!lol..

anyway, i think 2 days of airing it is not much.. they should have air it 3 days a week..

^

haha! nope! EOE's length is 70minutes. according to MBC GLOBAL. :D but it is usually 1 hour.

mini dramas length is always 1 hour, i think dramas that are it's length is only 30 minutes are VARIETY dramas. :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 09-11-2008 17:04

Drama Sets in Suncheon: Journey to Past

By Brian Deutsch

Contributing writer

080911p14dramadw7.jpg

A drama set shows an instersection in Seoul in the 1980s. The set is located in Suncheon, South Jeolla Province. / Photo by Brian Deutsch

One of Suncheon's claims to fame is a set used for the filming of the drama "Love and Ambition,'' a soap opera that ran on SBS in 2006. As a matter of fact, the set has been labeled the "Love and Ambition Set'' on some signs around town. I also used to be able to visit and have it nearly all to myself. But that may change soon as officials in the South Jeolla provincial city are expecting business to pick up.

The local government expects not only to increase tourism there but also to attract more productions through a "Suncheon Familiarization Tour'' that will acquaint filmmakers and writers with not only the set but other local attractions as well.

The city has been promoting the set more heavily in recent weeks, featuring it more prominently on the Suncheon Web site and posting larger signs around town. This comes after other dramas and movies have used it recently to replicate older authentic scenes that are not so commonly found these days.

Parts of the much-anticipated new blockbuster TV soap opera "East of Eden'' were filmed on the Suncheon set, with scenes also shot in Hong Kong, Macau and Japan. The 50-episode drama, which is reported to have cost some 25 billion won to produce and debuted on Aug. 25, has thus far been one of the top-rated programs on TV. The story begins in the 1960s, and follows the lives of two men born on the same day at the same hospital and whose paths have become ironically intertwined. It is the biggest-name production ever to be filmed in Suncheon, though there has been plenty of other recent activity.

The movie "Sunny,'' released in July, shot some scenes in Suncheon as well. Set in the early 1970s, it is the story of a young woman who signs up as a troop entertainer to follow her husband to Vietnam. The film got mixed reviews in Variety magazine, and interestingly a photo still on the movie's official Web site reveals, unintentionally, that in spite of striving for realistic settings, the characters were anachronistically using American money from 2001 to bribe officers in 1971.

Other notable movies partially filmed in Suncheon include "Mapado 2'' (2007), "Once In A Summer'' (2006) and the as yet-unreleased "Story of Branch School'' and "Bloody Shake,'' filmed in May and July, respectively.

One of the earlier dramas to come out of Suncheon was "Seoul 1945.'' However, the first series was "Love and Ambition,'' and in fact, the set has heretofore frequently been labeled the "Love and Ambition set'' on promotional material. But the Suncheon set goes by many other names in Korean. Each promotional poster around town seemingly gives the set its own title, though any name will suffice for a taxi or bus driver.

It sits on roughly nine acres on the western edge of what is known as Suncheon's "New Downtown'' and is separated into three sections and three decades: Mock-ups of the 1960s' Suncheon-eup (a precursor to the current Suncheon-si or Suncheon city), 1980s' Seoul, and a generic 1970s' slum that is set on a steep hillside.

Almost all of the buildings are empty and unfurnished, although the street scenes are charming. There are some interesting differences between them, most of all the language used on the signs: Moving chronologically through the set means a shift away from Chinese characters, native Korean words and borrowed "hangeulized'' English. In the 1960s, a coffee shop even retains the Japanese pronunciation of "coffee'' on the window. None of the three neighborhoods would look terribly out of place in rural South Jeolla Province.

The Suncheon set is one of several such locations in the province, along with larger and more-visited sets on Wando Island and in Naju. Unlike the Suncheon set, though, which recreates mid-20th century scenes, the other two large sets are used for historical dramas and movies set in dynasties past.

Scores of films and soap operas have been shot in South Jeolla Province due in no small part to acclaimed director Im Kwon-taek, who was born in Jangseong county and who often films his movies locally. Scenic spots like the Boseong tea fields, the bamboo forest and Metasequoia Road in Damyang also show up on screen from time to time.

After arriving in Suncheon by bus or train, take local bus No. 777 to the set in Jorye-dong or take a five-minute taxi ride. The set is also a stop on both of the Suncheon City Tours, which shuttle guests around to major tourist attractions in the area. Walking through all three neighborhoods takes roughly an hour.

Admission is 3,000 won for tourists, though if you are interested in filming your own work there, the cost is two million won per day for a movie and 800,000 won per day for a drama. More information on the set is available on its Web site, in Korean, www.suncheon.go.kr/drama.

080911p14drama1no5.jpg

Guest Deedlith

X264 FILES

It's UP!!!

File size : 900Mo

Resolution : 912x512p

Codec: X264

Format: Mkv

Sound: AAC

Sound Bitrate : 192kbps

Video Bitrate: Below 1800 kbps above 1300kbps

Average time for encoding + uploading: 14 hours

Episode 1 Subs

Episode 2

Episode 3

snapshot20080911164859ky7.jpg

snapshot20080911164342uf0.jpg

snapshot20080911164247vm0.jpg

snapshot20080911164329bu4.jpg

snapshot20080911164438rm8.jpg

snapshot20080911164804ss6.jpg

snapshot20080911164533cr0.jpg

snapshot20080911164636fx7.jpg

snapshot20080911164917xe9.jpg

snapshot20080911164938hr1.jpg

snapshot20080911165042zh0.jpg

snapshot20080911165114vs9.jpg

snapshot20080911165213or9.jpg

Current status:

Episode 4: Should be encoded and uploaded tomorrow

Episode 5 and 6: Currently looking for 1,5Gb x264 files.

Some technical informations:

The bitrate for Won files is usually between 2900 and 3300 kbps. More

than the resolution the bitrate is what causes problems for most of the users [

quality around 0.222]. Just to give you an idea, the shinhwa ver

average bitrate used to be between 1200 and 1400kbps depending of the

episodes as for the x264 MOOHAN version average bitrate, it's usually

between 1400 and 1500kbps [quality around 0.130]. Since I chose a

resolution which is higher, I increased the bitrate compared to these

two versions in order to maintain a top notch quality [0.147]. It is said that the higher the bitrate is, the highest is the quality of the video, but I came across an awesome demo using the x264 codec with a bitrate of 500kbps and a resolution of 1280x720p, so you mustn't focus on that.

To make sure the quality of the pics were maintained, I applied 2 filters: 1 to make the images clearer and another concerning the luminosity.

PS: I'm for the SSH -LYH pair :rolleyes:

Guest imogene_af

I think the lovelines are a bit more complicated than what we have seen so far. Remember we have 50 episodes. It was explained Lee Yeon Hee will dominate the begginning, and Lee Da Hae's character will have more screen time later on and "take over"---whatever that means. I personally want HR to end up alone but have one vital love in her life. I ain't delusional that such a complex character will be singing in the merry meadows with anyone. :lol: I won't even leave Ji Hyun out for her own "twist".

Besides, one really doesn't think that LDH will just stand in the side lines pinning for both brothers. This is Lee Da freakin Hae here. hahaha. She'll have a bigger role, we still have yet to really see her interact much with anyone.

I really hope this thread VEERS away from the shipper wars so I request/I am saying please--- no voting or anything, I experienced that enough in the "Rivals" thread and it alwayssss turns sour. Besides EOE --- these relationships are only a micro to a much bigger/vast thing.

Guest Gummi Bear

well, PHJ is not like a really bad guy he' look is still a good guy and he is pitiful, he didn't do anything wrong it's just he's father's fault! haha! well, everything in the story that something bad will happen it's all STH's fault! haha! :P

aww. we didn't agree on SSH-LDH! :(

True true, PHJ in some ways is a victim of cruel fate and because of that and his obvious devotion to HJH makes him more endearing don't you think?

I could always change my mind later on about SSH and LDH later on as the story progresses :lol:

Guest doglover82293

OMG!!! They banned it from youtube! Now I can't watch it from youtube and I was on ep 6! ep 6 SSH actually came out and I couldn't see that! What is wrong with YOUTUBE!!!

Guest joenjwang

omg!! I just watched up to episode six so far and I have to say KIM BUM is such a good actor. he has improved alot from his high kick! days.

In fact, I felt kind of strange after kim bum's superb acting and then there was song seung hyun....is that his name lol? anyways. I just loved the child part. Usually I think they suck or are kind of corny. but man, that was so THRILLING!!! Also, the five year old of dong-chun...(or is it 'wook' sorry, on a drama high here) was a great actor. the first two episodes I cried soooo much. AHHH. I want to see 7 and 8 and ...all of them!! NOW!!

All characters are intriguing & complex. Hope actor/actress can act it out, same way as the young cast. Main story is about the 3 male leads but each love lines has story on its own. It's good to keep on guessing as story unfolds.

While it was revealed so many times that Ji Hyun will be first love of 3 male leads. I expected that DC's will be shown only in the kid/young cast episodes, no more in the later/adult episodes. I was surprised or did I miss it that there was no inkling about that fact yet & we're on episode 6.

So now my guess is that DC's love for JH will be revealed only towards the ending episodes. Not expecting many DC & JH scenes. My friend shared that JiHyun character was made more active & complicated when HJH took over the role.

DW & DC's angle shown a bit in last episode and expecting more of this when they go to same University. I wish it was not revealed that HR will not end up with either DW or DC, that she will choose her sister's bf in the end. Aside form the lovelines..looking forward to encounters of real brothers..and MH and her real Mom & DW & his real parents. so many angles to watch out for. not expecting any lead to have a happy love ending..though i wish i'm wrong.

just hoping no one will end up killing a blood kin :(

First time I watch LYH, she fits and acting out well her sort of innocent character.

Archived