[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest lOveKorea

Sorry havent watched the last episodes yet..I have a question..

Anyone know did they mention who is JH's biological father at the end? :unsure:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greenrose934

Criminal , illogical , murderous actions ,sad ending, shouldn't watch epi56 and

shouldn't buy and rewatch this drama ,The writer in his head full of dirty look ( towards society)

Sorry for him ( the writer ) :sweatingbullets: He did kill DC , that's the same he killed himself ...

Guest kchild702

Not only is DC dead,

YCH had a heart attack and dies, DW kills himself from the guilt of killing his own brother.

The last image of one big happy family is so fake, and I can say confidently it’s only DC imagining/dreaming of what things supposed to be , just like Guk imagine DC/YR wedding.

The writer though she could get away <_< with her ridiculous ending by giving us a smiling DW, a seemingly happy widowed YR and a united family!!! :blink:

the family secene is 1000% fake. sure it is all imagination of DC.

sure the baby guja is cute and happy family............some of u want to leave it this way so ge it.

Guest selvaspeedy

Not only is DC dead,

YCH had a heart attack and dies, DW kills himself from the guilt of killing his own brother.

The last image of one big happy family is so fake, and I can say confidently it’s only DC imagining/dreaming of what things supposed to be , just like Guk imagine DC/YR wedding.

sure the baby guja is cute and happy family............some of u want to leave it this way so ge it.

guys, please tell me you're kidding :sweatingbullets: I don't think it's fake, and even if it was, I will think of it as a real scene not just an imagination -_- if it was indeed an imagination, then what's the point of DC sacrifice?! So yeah, please it's not fake :sweatingbullets:

You all are right !!!!! I just rewatched it again and hopefully the last time not even subbed and yes, it is his imagination. If I was YR I wouldn't be sitting at the table with DW who killed her father on the road and got DC killed. The sisters husband (don't know his name} is probably in jail for a bit. DC mother is probably devasted beyond words and why wouldn't they still be after Grace? So GUK dies with the promise DC will take care of Grace and they get sloppy to end the story and kill DC with a 80's type ending. Wow now this makes me less sad more angry. I am glad SSH is really going on tour and the others are scampering out of the country...they must be pissed and happy it is over. Well except for the last couple of episodes it was good.....I will redownload and watch it...just not the end bits.....but it still was great to watch STH face and his secretary even though the ferrit guy got away with the money. You guys are brilliant.....

before everyone is moving out of this board, I like to thanks to all who had join into this discussion with me, it was a great presure meeting you all, this was my first time joining a discussion board about k-drama, the experience had it's moments. And it really did change my point of view about k-drama, again::::::NICE MEETING YOU ALL

Guest amylai

Its finally the end for East of Eden, after half a year. Its really a sad ending, i really want dong chul and grace to be together, they went through so much. That's the bit i hate about it, no fairytale ending. One thing did impress me though, dong wook knows how to speak English, his pronunciation is really good, i guess his educated in English. Just wanna thanks all for the screen caps and updated news posted for the pass half years. Thanks, although i hate the ending, i still like dong chul and grace.

Guest lucky_moon

Maybe the writer want to have EOE2 & this time with LDC son to avenge his father death :lol:,

I think that it's just a circle with no ending, it came to my mind what if DC son grow up to avenge his father death then there is no ending for EOE & the generations will keep watching it.. :phew::D

Guest savingwork

Sorry havent watched the last episodes yet..I have a question..

Anyone know did they mention who is JH's biological father at the end? :unsure:

It was never mentioned who JH father was. So, we don’t know.

But you might ask: why then did STH say something about JH’s mother? I am not really sure, but there might be two reasons: either

1-The writers tried to show that STH had a “human” side even if he is all devilish.

Or

2-STH’s a lying ******? who wanted to gain JH’s affection after he had thrown MH out of his house. Proof: remember he admitted that he used TH name to control JH who had great ambitious to inherit TS. STH also used DW’s ambition and loneliness to manipulate him. And while JH knew she had MH to rely on, DW felt he could not trust anyone (Thanks to psych manipulator STH). :lol:

Could STH be JH’s father?

I wonder… Why would STH give money to any lonely girl he sees at the station? Is it because she reminds him of his childhood?? I really don’t know. But once again, either the writer was trying to convey to us-the viewers-that even an evil man can have a human side but choose to suppress it, or

STH was truly JH’s father. He gave her the money because he felt some affection towards her and so allowed MH to send gifts for little JH. :blink:

But if we argue that STH is JH’s father, how did he allow JH-MH to get marry?

One explanation is that I think the writers are saying, just like Guk said before,

“STH is the true devil/evil man”. He decided to use JH, his own daughter, as a shield against the Lee brothers.

Could a father do that to his son (MH) and daughter?

With the way the writer have depicted STH’s character in these later episodes, my perception of STH is: a completely dark, evil person with no sense whatsoever of guilt or right and wrong.. STH proved himself over and over to be a man who would do anything!! :vicx: to achieve his goals. Even this late in age, STH still had no problem in attempting to murder DC and YCH while innocently claiming to DW that he did not kill LKC??! :wacko: STH soul never changed.

I think the writer and actor JMK did a great job in depicting STH character as a person in complete denial of his actions leading to false justification and committing whatever crime without remorse, or

STH had a spilt personality. :lol: :lol:

Or this is an over analyzing and the writes just showed us the “STH-JH talk about mother” so that viewers will get all excited and hyped for…well nothing, just another false hope. Who knows? :sweatingbullets:

………..

By the way MH/PHJ looks so young to be a father of a 10 year old boy.^_^

Even Grace/LYH look so young to be a mother. ^_^

The pictures are still cute though…we wished them a glorious future with their own kids, one day.

e56117.jpg

200903110029051020_1.jpg

01_oIOmm3ihmbQj.jpg

Guest savingwork

Maybe the writer want to have EOE2 & this time with LDC son to avenge his father death :lol:,

I think that it's just a circle with no ending, it came to my mind what if DC son grow up to avenge his father death then there is no ending for EOE & the generations will keep watching it.. :phew::D

Is it a boy or a girl?I cannot believe I still don't know yet. :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest lucky_moon

Is it a boy or a girl?I cannot believe I still don't know yet. :sweatingbullets::lol:

hahaha, the baby looks a girl from her traditional clothes..

Guest kazenai

*cancel order for boxset *

To be honest , I though the writer was creative but now ...all I want to do is swear at her =( She just wanted to lead us into a tragic fate .

I hope she never writes again due to her complains...lol kiddin'

The drama never ever re-stated where East Of Eden is ...it was only in the first ep or something in the salon ... but the garden of Eden is clearly not functional =(

DW was the one who should have been killed , they paid SSH a lot therefore he shouldn't have died after 56 episodes of filming :) !

YR as a widow again :( gee EoE was a highlight in my media viewing life but now , I'd rather forget about it . I HATE THIS , I didn't even watch it yet but am completely pissed

Guest AS1AND0LL

I watched this only until the 7th episode >.< it's soooo long and I ditched it for BOF lol, I'll return to it after BOF is done airing.

Yes it is just DC wish in this life.That is my take on the ending when I first saw it on tuesday nite.Luthien puts it very nicely at HJH thread and confirms it for me.It is just DC illusive wish for his family before his crossing over to the other side just like GUK's last wish before he dies.Just didn't want to bring it up because it will disappoint more viewers.

What is real is he found a family for YR , the one she really wanted.Again with her mental history, I am not sure whether her will power to live on is still there since he is the sole reason for her existence..It is open ended.

Realistically,there will have to be lots of emotional adjustments and healing period for alot of characters that survived these ordeals.Maybe down the road in the distance future there is still the light of hope and happiness for all in DC family when every characters comes to term within themselves to let go and forgive.For me,I like to believe that there is a ray of sunshine at the end of the tunnel.Whatis clear is the writer did not intended this to be a fairytale ending but one that will probe deeper thinking and discussions thru its controversy and shocking ending which propel its rating back to 30% .

At worst it will be remembered for its controversy and inconsistent plots and what it could have been!.

Guest aidaa

I think so too that the last part is DC's illusion. I don't think YR will live without DC, based on the earlier episodes. But any case I did not disappoint with the ending. Maybe I like these kinds of ending. When I think about it now all my favorite shows (MISA, WHIB etc) ended with deaths. :rolleyes:

Had a pleasure watching this show. Hope to see more projects from EOE casts in the future.

Guest yc630621

*cancel order for boxset *

I believe there will be enough complaints to make the production team and MBC realize their mistake.

But may be they do not care anymore, this is done. Changing anything will not not hurt their %.

However, I hope more people would cancel their orders to make it really hurt.

Someone made a comparison with Sad Love Song, I could not agree more. People died unnecessarily.

At least, we knew it was supposed to be a sad drama.

There are other drama that is sad but viewers (like me) would accept the outcome.

For example, in "the Devil", both main characters died, but you get the point and understand why that happened.

About the ending, in addition to all the great points already made, I felt it was really unnecessary to kill LDC.

What point was the writer trying to make?

The storyline tried too hard on "Blood is thicker than water". I do not buy this.

LDW was raised in a different way, there is just no way he would change so abruptly.

I have not seen the final 2 episodes yet, but if he was the cause of his brother's death (knowing his brother saved his life more than once),

any decent human being will not be able to face himself, forget about be part of that family happily.

They could have made the storyline more sophisticated and interesting by portraying more on LDW's struggle

between how he was raised and the temptations from his bloodline father.

LDW gave up too easiely and changed too unpredictably. His changing back was not plausible either.

I will be more careful to watch any ongoing drama from now on.

THis had so much potential but the writer had definitely ruined the end.

Archived