[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest jiwoneex3

i don't want this drama to end now!

LOL, i'm sad that it's finally coming to an end.

what a long way we all came.

i haven't seen any of the previews yet,

but gosh,i'm so curious about the last two episodes.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is going to be DW also. In the press conference DW said that we would understnd how he comes around in the last two episodes. DW is going to find out how DC was framed and how STH used him. He will rush to help them and get killed in the process. It will be making up for the misery he caused DC...his debt will be paid in his eyes. Since this is sorta kinda like the Steinbeck novel someone had to die. Also because this is a Kdrama. They can't kill DC or the Japanese fans ( since it is being shown there next)will not be happy as SS is their idol...(mine also) so handsome. WE are all going to feel bad if this happens because we badmouthed DW and then he becomes a hero. You have all been so great and I have enjoyed this so much....obcession is the better word...My next one is Caine and Able..hope my heart can take that one also. Lets still hope for birds, sunshine as well as flowers tomorrow.

Guest kchild702

on mbc website some people think DC some DW will die.

DW more they said kuzz from the looks of it............. the baby thingy is DW's fantasy.

they viewrs r worry it's DW's fantasy.

which possibly means DW might die.

some think is DC's fantasy after saving DW, DC gets killed and is thinking about happy family.

Guest fjkuan

Thanks for posting the pix for Ep56 preview..

I'm happy that we're gonna see a baby for YR & DC, I was waiting this moment, it seems the bed scene wasn't for nothing :phew::P

In that case then it's true that the ending will be a happy one. Nobody will die. Maybe DC has to go to jail for a while and when he gets out, he joins the family for dinner. That's why DW says "welcome brother". DC is happy DW is back to his old self and they are true brothers again. But if that picture is in episode 55, there's still episode 56 to end the drama. Episode 56 might be short so they show the tow episodes back 2 back. just a guess.

Guest kchild702

hey guys read some of the stuff they wrote on mbc.

the viewers mainly girls think they're life is over now kuzz DC and the drama ended.

hey guys read some of the stuff they wrote on mbc.

the viewers mainly girls think they're life is over now kuzz DC and the drama ended.

it will be sucks ending if they kill either DC or DW. I want them to live together, clear all the missunderstanding, the hatred, jealousy between them and live forever as one family. To see JH accept MH as her beloved husband and DW and JH realized there is no special feeling between them anymore except as in-law. and between YCH and JH ... no hate, no grudge. and between MH and DW .. they are "brothers" now. with or without bloodline .. both man are love by DC so much.

for over 54 episode we were given tears, hates and sorrow .. i hope this will be great happy ending. I still believe in Park Hae-Jin's (SMH) words in his interview .. he said EoE will have happy ending. :) *cross fingers*

Guest kchild702

it will be sucks ending if they kill either DC or DW. I want them to live together, clear all the missunderstanding, the hatred, jealousy between them and live forever as one family. To see JH accept MH as her beloved husband and DW and JH realized there is no special feeling between them anymore except as in-law. and between YCH and JH ... no hate, no grudge. and between MH and DW .. they are "brothers" now. with or without bloodline .. both man are love by DC so much.

for over 54 episode we were given tears, hates and sorrow .. i hope this will be great happy ending. I still believe in Park Hae-Jin's (SMH) words in his interview .. he said EoE will have happy ending. :) *cross fingers*

yea i dont want to see DC die kuzz he lived a hard life.

lots of guessing in this drama. here what one person wrote from mbc. this person wrote a long one but i'm cutting it short.

다들 동철이가 안보이고

동욱이가

형어서와

하는 대사에

동욱이가 상상하는 것으로 걱정들 하시는데

동철이가

힘들게 세상을 살아 왔는데

죽으면 안될것 같은데요

all of us are seeing..... DC is nowhere to be seen

and DW is welcoming hyiung (DC)

it seems like it's DW's thinking of the happy family. this is causing us to worry.

DC lived very harsh life and it wouldn't be right if he dies

like i said on earlier post it looks like a fantasy as well.

it seems way to fast to kiss and make up for what DW has done.

YR is blaming DW for her dad's death so on. i just dont see it.

Guest savingwork

I love reading all of your insights…I guess this will be the last time to get all excited about another EOE episode… :D but even a good/tiring trip has an ending.

DC escapes jail to rescue YR, just to be finally killed rescuing his younger bro DW! or failed to?

I'm sure many will agree that the key to the mystery “Who is Dying?” is in the last shot of family gathering.

If that image is not a dream: A truly happy ending… with everyone breathing/and singing happy birthday.

If the image is someone’s imagination/desire as he takes his last breath: either DC or DW is gone.

But I find the first option highly likely with all the “happy ending rumor”, as well as that I’m convinced for some reason that the last image is REAL. I hope I don’t feel like a fool later. :sweatingbullets:

Let’s hope for the best: DC & DW alive, we see people repenting/forgiving, a year or so past and everything naturally goes back to normal.

As for STH:

I am kind of bothered with the image of STH drinking and secretary around him…Could it be that Rebecca paid mister Secretary to “poison” STH…but no news related the death of STH, so probably highly unlikely plot.

But I have a feeling that STH might go to jail because the DA are still working on his case, right? Maybe STH will go voluntary to the DA and confess all of his crimes freeing DC and DW.

Rebecca needs to be put in a mental institute or at least jail to pay for her crimes as well. <_<

like i said on earlier post it looks like a fantasy as well.

it seems way to fast to kiss and make up for what DW has done.

YR is blaming DW for her dad's death so on. i just dont see it.

The writers and PD already choosed their the best and great ending. so i hope it will not dissapoint us and leave us in delusion with a double meaning endings. *cross fingers* with any come out and conclusions for EoE.

and for STH .. i don't want to see his tears but I want he sentence for life in jailed. and get rid that smirk smile from his faces. it's so irritate me so much. ~ sigh

Guest kchild702

The writers and PD already choosed their the best and great ending. so i hope it will not dissapoint us and leave us in delusion with a double meaning endings. *cross fingers* with any come out and conclusions for EoE.

and for STH .. i don't want to see his tears but I want he sentence for life in jailed. and get rid that smirk smile from his faces. it's so irritate me so much. ~ sigh

for STH's crime in korea it's a death sentence for what he had done. geezzzz the guy did so much dirt...... hez trully "Axis of evil"

SENDING OFF EAST OF EDEN

March 9th, 2009 // by javabeans

edenend01.jpg

With East of Eden finally heading to its close this week — Tuesday will broadcast its final episode — the drama’s stars Song Seung-heon and Yeon Jung-hoon gave a closing press conference on the afternoon of Monday, March 9, at Seoul’s Lotte Hotel.

edenend14.jpgedenend13.jpg

Song Seung-heon said that he’d like to try a villain role at some point. As for his character, he admits that the role didn’t show that much range or change, and that “I felt my own limitations.” He recalls feeling a strong impact when watching Choi Min-shik acting in Oldboy, “that when I look back at myself wondering whether I could take on a role like that too, I feel a little embarrassed.” Song feels he’s gotten better at understanding and analyzing his characters, “but I’m still lacking in how I express that.”

(Perhaps the uproar over his shared MBC Daesang award embarrassed him too, because he has said that he doesn’t think he deserved it, either.)

Meanwhile, Yeon Jung-hoon admits that after living as his Dong-wook character for so long, “My throat hurts a lot from all the crying and shouting.” (LOL.) He hasn’t lined up a new project yet, but says, “For my next project, I’d like to leave Lee Dong-wook behind and take on a light, sweet love story.” (Perhaps with wifey Han Ga-in, maybe? That could be cute.)

edenend02.jpgedenend05.jpg

Regarding some of the harsh criticism leveled at East of Eden, Song admitted, “It’s true that there was some sharp criticism for the flawed parts. Some people pointed out it was boring, while others called it stylized new wave drama, but I think we were able to express the essence of love.”

Song also admits, “It would be a lie to say I wasn’t aware of the ratings numbers. We had gotten higher-than-average numbers, but in the latter part, they went down. I felt myself that the bloodline dispute got too drawn out.” About timeslot rival Boys Before Flowers, Song said, “It’s based on a famous original manga, and I think the rookie actors took on their roles wonderfully. However, we were diligently working on our own filming, so I don’t think it was that much on our minds.”

Monday’s episode of East of Eden was pre-empted for a baseball game, so Tuesday will actually air both the 55th and 56th episodes.

edenend19.jpgedenend20.jpg

Via Segye, E Daily

Wow..SSH sounds so honest and humble. I think not many great stars can come outright and admits there is limitations.

SENDING OFF EAST OF EDEN

March 9th, 2009 // by javabeans

With East of Eden finally heading to its close this week — Tuesday will broadcast its final episode — the drama’s stars Song Seung-heon and Yeon Jung-hoon gave a closing press conference on the afternoon of Monday, March 9, at Seoul’s Lotte Hotel.

Song Seung-heon said that he’d like to try a villain role at some point. As for his character, he admits that the role didn’t show that much range or change, and that “I felt my own limitations.” He recalls feeling a strong impact when watching Choi Min-shik acting in Oldboy, “that when I look back at myself wondering whether I could take on a role like that too, I feel a little embarrassed.” Song feels he’s gotten better at understanding and analyzing his characters, “but I’m still lacking in how I express that.”

Via Segye, E Daily

OMO i'm sure that the baby thing is just an illusion. And ppl will die and i'm hoping that its the most evil person in this drama that is STH. Anyways i'm hoping there is a happy ending for the GUKJA couple. I can't believe that this drama going to end today. Thanks to everyone who shares the summary, the lovely cap ( Luv) and everyone who contributed in this thread. All this drama of LDH leaving and ect, and now this drama going to end. And lastly to WITH S2 subbing team who continue to sub this epik drama. thank you so much for the bottom of my heart :)

:angry: there are so many haters on dramabeans, most of them stating "east of eden is boring...lee yeon hee is the worst actress ever!"

gwen jan ha yo (it's ok)

at least we all know where they're located ;)

------------------------------

SSH admitted that EOE isn't perfect like we've all here already pointed out numerous times in this thread...but everyone have performed superbly to the best of their ablities and made the drama the best that it can be under the circumstances...

regarding the actress LYH...i fully disagree that she's the "worst actress ever!" she's a talented actress

the truth is she can't win every Kdrama fans out there...thus she's human...

Guest celena8899

i thought EOE was 56 eps?

it's only 55?

because on viikii there's only 54 eps uploaded.

i really want to know what will happen to DC and will YR end up with him or not.

Episode 55 didn't show last night due to a game. So tonight we have back to back episodes of 55 & 56 together.

Don't know if DC & YR will end up together. So far the speculation of the ending is either all live happily or DC dies , or DW dies.

Well even if DC dies at the end, I am sure his heart is with YR forever and will be her guardian angel.

Live broadcast starting soon so we will know the answers in a few hours. Hope for the best :)

i thought EOE was 56 eps?

it's only 55?

because on viikii there's only 54 eps uploaded.

i really want to know what will happen to DC and will YR end up with him or not.

Episode 55 didn't show last night due to a game. So tonight we have back to back episodes of 55 & 56 together.

Don't know if DC & YR will end up together. So far the speculation of the ending is either all live happily or DC dies , or DW dies.

Well even if DC dies at the end, I am sure his heart is with YR forever and will be her guardian angel.

Live broadcast starting soon so we will know the answers in a few hours. Hope for the best :)

where can I watch the live broadcast?

Archived