[Drama 2008] Painter Of The Wind 바람의 화원

Guest azzuri

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Whenever people tell me they don't understand the YB/JH couple:

Yes. They were just gal pals. Mm hm. The best gal pals. They could have a gal pal marriage and it'd still be all in Friendship. One of them could be stripping herself naked telling the other she wants to sleep with her, and it'd still be Friendship. They could be thinking of each other and how they fell in love with each other, at the same time, finishing each other's sentences in their thought, and it'd still be because of The Best Friendship Award.

Oh gal pals. 

(On another note: just finished the drama. Wow. I'm impressed. It was a very good drama. Also, bisexual protagonist represent -- it was truly a beautiful drama..)

• 1 month later...

This thread is dead by now but whatever: just finished watching the entire drama last week, and as expected my grades were as horrible as the drama's ending when I got my report card today. Sighs. Look what you've done to me, drama!

Okay maybe the ending wasn't as bad as my grades, but I'm still slightly bitter about it. 

Show was awesome for the first half, and then sort of lost a little bit of steam. Still entertaining though, until the last two episodes which seemed like a thick muddy stomach revolting concoction that was conjured up 2 minutes before airing. 

SPOILER

I knew what we were set up for from the very start, but I just wished Yoon-bok had at least ended up with Jeong-hyang. But then I realised Yoon-bok wasn't the 'Painter of the wind' for nothing. But think of the lost opportunities that could have been! It could have easily been the best drama of the year had the ending been more well executed. 

END OF SPOILER

Geun-young's Daesang was well deserved though. I'll admit I was indifferent to her as an actress, partially because of Cheongdamdong Alice. But here, WOW. I would never have though that MGY was capable of being so emotive, indeed one of the best actresses in SK. If only her subsequent drama choices did her justice. BTW, everytime Jeong-hyang and Yoon-bok appear together I'd be screaming like a mad woman because they just electrify my screen and burn all of the other different-gender couples to ashes. Seriously! 

I enjoyed the drama overall though, (I've even become a MGY fangirl!) especially the first half.

Some of my favourite scenes: 'Lovers under the Moon' - oh the FEELS, 'self hand-crushing', 'Yoon-bok's execution' and all 5 coins scenes in general.

Also, I cringe everytime I see Yoon-bok with a gache. It's not that MGY looks horrible, but it's like the exact same feeling I get when I see a boy crossdressing. (Is this a compliment?) And the promotional posters just HAD to plaster Yoon-bok in female garb right smack in the middle of it. SBS did us dirty. 

Finally, would love to recap the entire series. So far I've found some in Indonesian, but my Bahasa Indonesia is really lacking, so I was thinking of doing it myself. That takes a lot of time and effort, and it's really not an easy thing to do. Mad props to those who do it regularly - especially those awesome people at Dramabeans. 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2008] Painter Of The Wind 바람의 화원

Archived