Guest azzuri

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest code537

So I just recently caught on to Painter of the Wind. It's the 4th anniversary....

About the "open" ending that's been buzzing in every search results online...

First of all, I think that if the producers wanted to ship the SYB/KHD relationship, they would've blatantly done so...despite their BIG age difference, the teacher-disciple trust, the uncle-niece thing "you're my best friend's daughter", and YB openly admitting her love for a gisaeng. So yeah, I wasn't disappointed when YB took the first boat outta there.

In fact, I think that the netizens at the time were so fascinated and supportive of the Dan Nyang storyline, the producers were probably fearing for their lives if they weren't careful in how they handled their relationship. I kept watching the clip of the SBS Best Couple Awards where MGY and MCW took the first female-female couple prize in SBS history... Heck, I think Korean TV broadcast history!!

It's a shame... What a mess this became. Anyhow, I managed to buy the last copy of the DVD at a local Korean book store since they're all out of print online. I sigh each time I stare at the DVD on my shelf. Shame on those bastards who had hands in this conspiracy....

Over and Out~~

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I'm new to this thread, annyong-haseyo...!

I'm watching this beautiful drama these days and I must say I'm mesmerized. I'm on episode 11, in which the young painter and his/her master are coloring the King's portrait.

This drama is probably now one of my favorite ones, ever! (and I've watched a lot of them, hehe)
It's like the essence of it is the same as that of the musician's character (Jeong Hyang), played by Moon Chae Won... simple, elegant, gorgeous...!

• 3 weeks later...

My heart is broken! I jut finished watching TPOTW and I will miss them so much! The three wonderful painters: Daewon, Hyewon and Chewon! :-) I doubt I will ever encounter such a subdued, intelligent, unassuming and beautiful drama. Unless they make a POTW 2. Nah. Some things are better left like this wonderful little drama: simple, unique, like a true work of art, a master piece.

Guest angelmoon

Wow its been long time this drama is over but this thread is still alive kekeke..one of my favorite MGY drama..soooo love it!her acting there was just Amazing..she deserved that DAESANG and the youngest ever to win that..she's making history of her own..

• 2 months later...
Guest step04

I want to read more of MGY and MCW fanfics and I wish there were lots of inspired writers out there!

Guest step04

tumblr_mmdwioHzFq1ro4xe8o1_1280.jpgtumblr_mmdwioHzFq1ro4xe8o2_1280.jpgtumblr_mmdwioHzFq1ro4xe8o3_1280.jpgHaha I photoshoped this pictures of Moon Geun Young, adding a stubble…does she look cute?

• 1 month later...
Guest leah odyssaaquino

Hi. I'm just new at this site and I've just recently watch The Painter of The Wind (Yes I know I'm centuries late from all the fun :'( .. ) and I came across Obsidian Gryphon's fanfic, "Of Ink and Song," and instantly loved it. However, as I was reading OG's another fanfic entitled, "The Lonely Road" I found out that it was incomplete at the site where I'm reading it (moonsclub.com). Does anyone know where I can read the whole story or how I can contact the author?
Thank you in advance to that someone who can help me. I really really really really really really really really want to read it :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest მარითინაშვილი

its 2014 but i found this drama now :D  i watched it and cried like a baby. its old drama maybe but became my N 1 . it made me to translate Yoon Boks biography into my vernacular. yeap they are five coin couple love them so much . i want to read   Painter Of The Wind Sequel (re-edited English version but there are only few chapters :( where can i read others ? ended chapter 3 and cant find 4 .someone please help me please please guys :) thanks from europe

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know this is absolutely late but I just found out about this awesome show and honestly, the ending left me going eh.... 
But I can't seem to access the translated fanfics of YB Heart by Sue of Baidu on the first page, can anybody please help with that? 
Thank so much 

• 5 months later...
Guest RainaV1430294157

Hi everyone!
  I'm a late comer to this series even though it came out in 2008. I actually just finished this like two weeks ago and am debating to rewatch it or not. Do anyone here know where I can get the English edition of the POTW novel? I would like to read it and I've read pretty much all the fanfics that's out there. In case I don't check this forum often, please reply at raina.tran09@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance now!

• 7 months later...

I know it's a shame for me.. I just now watched this AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL historical k-dorama! >< I totally fell in love! I have now after finishing it such an mix of feelings and it totally messed me up down! For long time I haven't felt like this >< 

uh I totally loved sceneries, the story, dialogues full of meanings, magnificent music, great actors and their portraying of characters, story line and growth of every chara.. uh this is jewel of k-dorama :3

I just can't describe how I fell in love with all actors portraying amazingly their characters! I love Bae Soo Bin acting he portreyed an amazing king! I must say I totally am crazy SHIPPING the best pair Hong Do/Yoon Bok, painters Dan Won and Hye Won.. such an story and great job actors making it feeling totally utmostly like it's before our own eyes.. I felt in love with such beautiful chemistry between them and actors did a great job both Park Shin Yang and Moon Geun Young! I usually don't like simple and borring romantic stories where girl is totally annoying at some point. But their romance was exceptional!

I haven't watched such an beautiful historical drama for ages and about art uhh!! I only DON'T like the ending! I liked acting of Park Shin-yang amazing job portraying such an cool man and painter as DanWon I also liked how Moon Geun Young portrayed a young boy painter she gave us the real feeling of girl who grew up as a guy. BUT ENDING WAS AWFUL for me! I

and I won't understand why so much shipping towards Yun Bok and gisaeng Jung-hyang.. O>o for the sake of people, it's like deep friendship. Poor girl didn't know what's that to have an good female friend and we girls know how much means to us to have good friend among the girls and it's also the hardest to find such friend who would really understand you without gossips and other stupid girly difficulties. But since Yun Bok grew up as a boy she just was misslead by that and mistaken feelings of love and respect and friendship. as for poor gisaeng she was just fooled and she just fell in love with an illusion which doesn't exist and I think she accepted Yun Bok as a girl later who totally understood her as an artist too. I would never shipp those two! It's like I am shipping two best friends T_T

as for Hong Do uhhhhhh <3 I totally loved his character! My 'dreamed man' ! Age gap doesn't hurt nor it's illegal nor it's something unaproved.

My parents are also gapped by 8 years so what? 

O.o
totally shipped those two and that age gap wasn't so much!  This love of Hong Do and Yun Bok was an real and best love stories I ever saw in korean dorama! It was mature, slow and pure and lovely as love should be along with respect understanding cheerishing both sides.. And for her after living such an life, he with such age gap is perfect match since he can feel her pain and make it easier for her alo make fun or laugh or teach and also understand her as a person growing up into boy but being girl (along with the circumanities he knows her and searched for her 10 years).she doesn't need some unmature drama boy ~ I totally loved Kim Hong Do's character < I totally felt their characters so it was such an disappointing thing at the end.. I rate the chemistry, and between those 2 it looked beautiful, so it was totally stupid and ungrateful from YB to leave by boat poor KD who just saved her richard simmons whole series and despite everything started to love her as a woman ><  Dan Won who sacrificed himself so much for her and at the end told her that he doesn't mind being left out of painter's world as long as he can be by her side and paint with her.. and she really did stupid mistake. but uhhh since the end seems 'OPEN'.. I think they met in the future.. uhhh so feeling heartbroken for ending still ><
Love doesn't need some borders also like art too, but it needs patience understanding trusting learning and just loving and going with the real flow of heart and for the lust or passon just~and this drama totally shows it! 
uhhh I SOOOOO totallly WANT for Park Shin Yang  to ACT IN MORE HISTORICAL DRAMAS!!!! it suits him so welll <3 ... <3

Archived