[info] Hollywood Bowl 2008 (korean Music Festival)

Guest khype

Guest Sherrane

And do the hosts speak English when talking to the audience?

Cause I don't understand Korean, LOL.

There are barely any english words spoken by anyone. Unless a performer adds a couple by themselves ;) The MC's talk mostly in korean too. I don't understand korean as well, but the concert was extremely fun nevertheless.

Holy canoly, I wish Tablo would MC this year. That would be siiiiicckk.

ohh -.- so the date isnt set.

so dbsk is really not going? T^T

We don't know if DBSK is going or not. The list surprises everyone every year ;) So don't feel disappointed or happy if someone tells us that a certain artist is going or not. Only feel that way when you hear it officially from khype/koreantimes/etc. 'Cause everyone last year was saying Big Bang was going and they ended up not coming to HB at all. That totally ruined my happiness. Lesson learned :)

QQ: For anyone who got front garden boxes, what did you do to get them? Like, did you call koreantimes and ask for them specifically? How long did it take for the front ones to be sold out?

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far: NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, including DATE, ARTIST, TICKET PRICING, etc..

LET'S ALL PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WAIT TILL FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

Whew! Thank you very much for the info, jekki2chipo (: I hope the HB2009 would be held sometime during the middle of May or something, just like last year's event.

Hmmm... The Garden Box seats sound more appealing ^^; I don't think I'm ready for the Pool Circle XD

Guest Jyezrah

but i just checked AP test dates, and may 9th is right in the middle of it!!

This is my first year in AP classes, soo... are they all given at the same time, nationwide? If so, my books are coming onto the plane with me, because there is no way I'm missing this!

I can't beleive that none of us thought to just straight up CALL the Hollywood Bowl, haha. THANK YOU SEOUL!

May 9th. I'm so stoked.

So far: NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, including DATE, ARTIST, TICKET PRICING, etc..

LET'S ALL PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WAIT TILL FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

-KHYPESTAFF

Although this is certainly true. Well, I'll just take it as a guesstimate then, and not spread it around, okay?

Guest oh`retro

OMG, MAY 9TH?!

THAT'S THE WORST!

Smack dab in the middle of AP testings!

What in the world.

OMFG.

Please don't make it May 9th!

Although my AP testings are all before that date, I'm going with my friend & her test is on the 8th.

And we're from the eastcost so we were planning to leave on Thursday.

-edit-

Oh good, nothing has been confirmed.

PLEASE don't make it May 9th.

Guest LAWLiETTA~

I've been lurking this thread for a while too; I'm planning on getting either Pool Circle or Garden Box with my friends. You guys have done a pretty great job answering my questions up to now so I haven't found the need to post anything, but with the (un)confirmed date, I just have to add in, May 9th would be AWFUL; it's, like others have said, smack dab in the middle of AP testing (esp Bio, that's like two days AFTER), and I'm 90% sure I wouldn't be able to make it. And I'm dying to go this year, with the likelihood of so many popular artists coming! :[[[

May 16th is far better than May 9th, I think that's what everyone would prefer. xO;;

And Memorial Weekend would be bad too, because that's FanimeCon, which a lot of kpop fans attend. >.<;

Guest doraemon555

It can't be May 9th...theres already an event there at Hollywood Bowl at 8PM..

It would have to be the 16th..which is completely blank...most likely the

date or the 30th with an event at 2..which is also unlikely since there

needs to be a rehearsal or something at 2pm wen the preconcert

starts..MOST LIKELY in my opinion it will be on May 16!!!!yay....no DBSK for sure..

they gots a concert in japanese..gRrrRrr.. at least some of the new boy bands come..

BIg Bang??/reallyy??? =]]] CANT WAIT!! wowww..SO excitedd..

I have APs too.. =]]] bio, us hist, eng lang..anyone hav some tips??

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

It can't be May 9th...theres already an event there at Hollywood Bowl at 8PM..

It would have to be the 16th..which is completely blank...most likely the

date or the 30th with an event at 2..which is also unlikely since there

needs to be a rehearsal or something at 2pm wen the preconcert

starts..MOST LIKELY in my opinion it will be on May 16!!!!yay....no DBSK for sure..

they gots a concert in japanese..gRrrRrr.. at least some of the new boy bands come..

BIg Bang??/reallyy??? =]]] CANT WAIT!! wowww..SO excitedd..

I have APs too.. =]]] bio, us hist, eng lang..anyone hav some tips??

If you're looking at the dates from the Hollywood Bowl website, there's no event at Hollywood Bowl on the 9th.

The event that is on the 9th and has a W is at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Events that have an H take place at the Hollywood Bowl.

There's a little note under the days of the week that show you what the little letters mean.

Guest jasminhd

Like many others here, I'm also hoping its not May 9th, even though it would be a great birthday gift for me (=DD), but it WOULD be right in the middle of AP testing (I have calculus, econ, gov, psych, english, AND bio =\).

I know its a lot to hope for, but it would be great if the concert was held in April. =D (Then DBSK might come! =D)

I've also been reading about what would be best, garden or pool, and I've decided that I want to get garden. I'm going to have to buy a whole box even though I only need two tickets, so I guess I'll end up selling them here on Soompi. =)

Thanks for the info everyone! =)

Guest doraemon555

If you're looking at the dates from the Hollywood Bowl website, there's no event at Hollywood Bowl on the 9th.

The event that is on the 9th and has a W is at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Events that have an H take place at the Hollywood Bowl.

There's a little note under the days of the week that show you what the little letters mean.

Ooo im srryy...i wish wat i said was true..i gesss...soo excitedd.. i dont want it to be on the 9th Im srryy

Guest adorkableheo

may 9th ?

meeting shinee and all those korean entertainers

after may 8th my ap exam hahah.

which is better though?

pool circle or the garden box?

cross fingers. shinee please come!

Guest zaizai00

that's the only thing about the hollywood bowl is that it's always in the middle or right after AP testing and if you're taking multiple AP exams, it's horrible because everyone crams in between the test dates for the next test... i heard that dbsk can only make it if HB09 is in april.... why?

so i play to go my senior year because I'm a junior right now. But i'm scared that if the artists that I want come this year, then maybe they won't show up next year...

Guest Seoul Survivor

Firetails, you are very welcome! Yes I did ask about ticket sales, and the person I spoke to, did not know. They are supposed to email me, (and if they do, I will immediately put the info HERE.) but "your mileage may vary". PLEASE keep up on this. Right NOW the day is the 9th, but let's keep a close eye on it, just in case. (oh yeah? Remember the Peace concert???)

Woah! A lot of AP testers, I see.

I also hope it's not May 9th, that's not ONLY AP testing, but that's also PROM T____T!!!

Hehe I feel your pain. I'm taking 2 AP classes: Physics and English Lit&Comp. But regarding prom, I've considered not attending mine. Since I've aleady attended my junior prom, I thought that prom expenses would only get in the way. Considering I also live in the east coast and will require a plane ticket, I'll miss senior prom just to see SuJu! [if not, then at the least, SHINee cos my sis would need me to accompany her. If not, I'll sell my pool circle ticket, that is if I manage to purchase one.]

May 16th is far better than May 9th, I think that's what everyone would prefer. xO;;

I believe so too.

I hope they are aware of certain circumstances. If the date won't be set on May 16th, then perhaps on April 11th or 18th? I don't know how others' schedules are, but I have spring break from 10th-19th. Well.. let's just hope for the best!

Thanks to everyone who update this thread=)

V They say the final list usually gets released a month before the event occurs.

Guest byebyebye33

I finally have permission to go!

But it won't be the same if DBSK isn't there.

Does anybody know when we know who will be there?

I need some info! :sweatingbullets:

I finally have permission to go!

But it won't be the same if DBSK isn't there.

Does anybody know when we know who will be there?

I need some info! :sweatingbullets:

well, it should be around march or april that the list of artists come out. we're all anxious as to see who is coming also, but all we can do is wait. ;]

that's the only thing about the hollywood bowl is that it's always in the middle or right after AP testing and if you're taking multiple AP exams, it's horrible because everyone crams in between the test dates for the next test... i heard that dbsk can only make it if HB09 is in april.... why?

so i play to go my senior year because I'm a junior right now. But i'm scared that if the artists that I want come this year, then maybe they won't show up next year...

DBSK might not make it to the Hollywood Bowl in May because they have their 4th Live Tour in Japan during the month of May. they are only free in April. hope that helps.

Guest byebyebye33

If DBSK comes, I'll get pool seats.

If not, probably behind garden with my guy friends who are in love with SNSD -__-

So if I wait for when the confirmation list comes out, would I still be able to get good pool seats???!!

I'm aiming for front row baby!

GRRR..

This is making stressed and it's like 5 months away!! :crazy:

Archived