Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@meelis yes! this is it. At least officially.

As for @lucy13880, The moment i found interesting when was during the 10 questions quizz, the reporter asked him to explain this answer

Q: Even though (people or something like that) found me handsome in general, i heard many people calling me ugly.

JJM: O (Yes)

He explained that it's more when he's on screen, his strong features and big nose make people reacting that way "Eww, how ugly!" and he laughed lol He even asked himself he should add some eyelashes to look kinder hahahah

The reporter reassured him that he's still handsome and asked him what was the part of his face he liked the most and he said his nose. He hurt it three times.

When they asked him if he wanted to become a singer, he answered, no. He explained that he can't sing, he was part of a band, loved playing guitar but just couldn't sing well.

Edited by salijoo
  • Like 6

Guest michyell409

is he by chance the main lead or a villain, in his next project?and the pic of him with the fish ,he's looking  good.

is he by chance the main lead or a villain, in his next project?and the pic of him with the fish ,he's looking  good.

There's no news about his next project. We are just speculating. 

About the interview JJM's baiduer is now working on the translation. He shared many stories about his student life. Will share it later.

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 4

Part of the Interview 

Start from about 5:00

MC: I heard you had trained hard for 4 months in order to shoot drama Punch.

JJM: Yes.

MC: Because of the drama.

JJM: If I haven't prepared myself well I would feel upset. I started training right after the casting.

MC: For 4 months? You are not learning easily but very hard I suppose?

JJM: At first I ran for about 5 to 6 hours a day for physical fitness training, then training with the coach. At last I went to the coach's gym to pair exercise with professional players while learning the boxing skills.

MC: (Towards girls surround) Have you watched the Drama Punch recently?

Girls: Yes!

MC: Is it fun?

MC: Long time no see Joo Jin Mo ssi. This time he's coming. Compared his image on screen, what about real Joo Jin Mo?

Girls: Very handsome!

MC;Is real JJM more handsome?

MC: Ya! People always love the handsomes.

Girls: Sign for us!

MC:Sign? Me?

MC: Please?

One girl: I am your fan. You are so handsome!

MC: Do you want to know something about JJM? What? What?

Another girl: Do you have girlfriend?

MC: Girlfriend? Anything else? Sign?

MC: Do you have girlfriend? (ask JJM)

JJM: Ssh

(Girls laugh)

MC: Contact methods? What about mine?

MC: Joo Jin Mo ssi's drama Punch indeed many people have watched recently. Do you have felt you received much love from people? How't the feeling?

JJM: Now I am feeling nervous/anxious/shaking.

• Like 5

Guest Chrrriiistinee

Part of the Interview 

JJM: If I haven't prepared myself well I would feel upset. I started training right after the casting.

JJM: At first I ran for about 5 to 6 hours a day for physical fitness training, then training with the coach. At last I went to the coach's gym to pair exercise with professional players while learning the boxing skills.

MC: Long time no see Joo Jin Mo ssi. This time he's coming. Compared his image on screen, what about real Joo Jin Mo?

(Girls laugh)

MC: Joo Jin Mo ssi's drama Punch indeed many people have watched recently. Do you have felt you received much love from people? How't the feeling?

Thank you so much Lucy for sharing all these n translation! Mwaah:wub: The second part of translation is in progress, will probably upload it today/tomorrow. :)

Edited by Chrrriiistinee

Part of the Interview (2003.10)

(Girls laugh)

More stories he shared in the interview (2003.10)

• He used to be track athlete in college. He had majored in 100m, 200m and high jump but gave up because he was not tall enough. (LMAO)
  • He dreamed of becoming a PE teacher when he was a student.
  • Nose is his favorite part in his face. He had hurt it three times, once in school twice in the army. The first time his nose got hurt in the army he back his nose to the original place by himself. But after one week the nose got hurt again then he was sent to the hospital. 
  • After getting a few drinks he took several buses from his hometown 일산 to Apgujeong. After discovering so many people beautiful and fashion while he himself wore sports shoes and was so outdated. He then went home with friends by several buses again.
  • He was the guitar player of their band during high school. They were quite successful at the time. One day, the lead singer left the band.  He had to replace him as the lead singer. "When the other guy was singing, there were usually about 500 people. When I was singing, only 50 people came. When I finished singing, there were only 10 people left." Then he said "I don't wanna do this anymore."

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 7

Guest Chrrriiistinee

[2/4]  Here we go the second part of JJM's interview in Feb 2000! Please enjoy and have a sweet weekend onniess! :wub:

Joo Jin Mo shows the public his perfect body figure and charisma through the movie “Happy End”

Joo Jin Mo has an athlete’s ideal body figure of 180cm height with 110cm chest.

Before shooting the movie “Happy End”, the director said to him “Do not work out from now on.” The director is worried over the possibility of female viewers’ antipathy toward Joo Jin Mo, having an over-muscular body figure like an athlete.

From the intimate scenes with Choi Bo-ra (Jeon Do-Yeon) in the movie “Happy End”, Joo Jin mo’s perfect body figure and body languages have drawn numerous female viewers’ attention. His sex appeal and Jeon Do-Yeon's nude appearance have both become a hot topic.

After Joo Jin Mo was acclaimed in his movie debut “Dance Dance”, he gets the opportunity to work with Jeon-Do Yeon and Choi Min Sik in his second movie “Happy End”. This proves that the movie industry is now paying further attention to Joo Jin Mo.

As Kim II-Beom, a Jeon Do-Yeon’s lover and Choi Min Sik’s rival, you must be able to deliver the message to the audience that your presence is strong enough as the two lead characters (Kim Bo-Ra and Seo Min-Ki). At the same time display his charisma that causes Jeon Do-Yeon falls into the affair situation. As for the production team, they believe this (Kim II-Beom) is a tricky character too.

The production team postponed the shooting with no hesitation to getting a right person for the character (Kim II-Beom) from candidates. In the end after seeing Joo Jin Mo’s performance, they are satisfied to sign the agreement with him. 

Joo Jin Mo has performed favorably in front of the seniors even though he is a rookie who has not much experience in acting. Even for the challenging bed scene, he does not act like a single man at all and had widely acclaimed for the perfect interpretation for the character. Except for Jung Woo-Sung and Lee Jung-Jae, basically no one is able to reach at this level. Because Joo Jin Mo has had an outstanding performance and owns a body n face with full of charisma, he was regarded as the possibility of becoming a superstar.

Generally, bed scenes will be shot at the end after all the other scenes are completed. But for the movie “Happy End”, the bed scenes were filmed at very first. To help with the actors (Jeon Do-Yeon n Joo Jin Mo) have a better interpretation/get into the mood of the affair relationship, Jeon Do-Yeon and Joo Jin Mo both had a cup of wine before shooting on that day.

Begin from morning till midnight; they spent about 10 hours on shooting the bed scene. Top Star Jeon Do-Yeon's nude appearance where every male is desire of, Joo Jin Mo was stressed indeed on shooting the bed scenes with her. Everything was overwhelming for him before shooting the scene because there were too many things that has to be considered, he felt like the brain is being ruptured.

The shooting has been deferred. Joo Jin Mo was captive with the director and Jeon Do-Yeon for 4 days. They were being together working hard for all day long to have an identical thoughts and feelings.

They were crazy drinking while discussing their respective experiences and the views for the project. However, Joo Jin Mo felt comfortable/relaxed instead during the actual shooting. Although the three bed scenes have to be done in once, but the atmosphere in studio was peaceful/relax from the beginning till the end therefore there was not much of NGs.  

After wrap up, Joo Jin Mo went to a movie theatre for 3,4 times and discovered an interesting phenomenon. “The theatre was filled with noise at the very beginning of the movie. However just after the name of the movie has been shown and the intimate scene between Joo Jin Mo and Jeon Do-Yeon began, the theatre becomes dead silence. After lights off for exactly 3 minutes, the audience in the theatre was all holding breath and staring at the movie screen with a look of shock.”

To Be Continue...

Coming up next:

Part 3During military service, the “You have become someone else’s woman” first love 

happyend.jpg 

Edited by Chrrriiistinee

Thank you Christine!

They were crazy drinking while discussing their respective experiences and the views for the project. However, Joo Jin Mo felt comfortable/relaxed instead during the actual shooting. Although the three bed scenes have to be done in once, but the atmosphere in studio was peaceful/relax from the beginning till the end therefore there was not much of NGs.  

After wrap up, Joo Jin Mo went to a movie theatre for 3,4 times and discovered an interesting phenomenon. “The theatre was filled with noise at the very beginning of the movie. However just after the name of the movie has been shown and the intimate scene between Joo Jin Mo and Jeon Do-Yeon began, the theatre becomes dead silence. After lights off for exactly 3 minutes, the audience in the theatre was all holding breath and staring at the movie screen with a look of shock.”

Yeah ten hours' bed scene shooting was crazy. :lol:

Guest meelis

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the translations, @lucy13880 and @Chrrriiistinee ! JJM's interviews are always so candid and he's like the coolest guy ever. Love everything about him to bits, even his hermit side that drives us crazy. :wub: :P

From me some BTS caps from the AFF DVD:

bwUWh2.png

9VSgZt.png

BF5meS.png

cRtCmc.png

From here: http://topsy.tistory.com/213

More (poster shooting and interview):

KWhgR9.png

e3qCfz.png

cMLFSU.png

:P:D

Guest Chrrriiistinee

@lucy13880 and Chrrriiistinee~~

Thank you very much for sharing and translating the interviews.  I love these interviews.  JJM's manager was right. He is simple pure-hearted guy. 

No worries @QuercusL! Our poor bae, someone please give him a warm hug and much of love!

Thank you Christine!

Yeah ten hours' bed scene shooting was crazy. :lol:

IKR, it was actually insane! Can't imagine the 10 hours shooting of bed scenes X.X :o but hard works paid off! The scenes are incredible. Also Thank you @lucy13880 for sharing the handsome pic :w00t: !

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the translations, @lucy13880 and @Chrrriiistinee ! JJM's interviews are always so candid and he's like the coolest guy ever. Love everything about him to bits, even his hermit side that drives us crazy. :wub: :P

From me some BTS caps from the AFF DVD:

bwUWh2.png

Hidden Content

BF5meS.png

Hidden Content

From here: http://topsy.tistory.com/213

More (poster shooting and interview):

KWhgR9.png

Hidden Content

cMLFSU.png

:P:D

Haha, no worries @meelis! :wub: Our bae is always candid, that's why we love him. I love his honesty and that is how we know/ get close to bae. :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing these awesome picture too! Mwaahhh

By the way, does anyone have any link to Free Download My Love Eun Dong with Chinese Sub?  I've download 12 episodes but unfortunately the download link for the rest 4 episodes (5,7,9,?) are broken. Please Halp!! Need the link asap~ :tears:

Edited by Chrrriiistinee

@meelis  I have more bts stories of AFF. :P

JJM JIS SJY explain acting details for the movie A Frozen Flower

CMlttN_UkAImbK1.jpg

read more http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3823485090 

Having translated some of them. 

嵌入图像的永久链接

JJM: In the original script adult cast shall start acting in this scene, but I suggest Dr. keep using child cast here

CMlwc5UUAAAmlOH.jpgCMlwc9KVAAAiIij.jpg

The fisrt scene JJM and JIS shoot for the movie. JJM: The viewers were surprised at this scene at the premiere. I didn't feel shy during shooting but felt a little bit ashamed after watching the finished film. We filmed it twice in two days.

嵌入图像的永久链接

JJM: It was suffering for me in this scene. There was something dirty in the cups and I drank then I threw up.

嵌入图像的永久链接

JJM: This 0.01 second scene we have shoot for several hours.

嵌入图像的永久链接

JIS: We work hard for this scene (Laugh)

JJM: As the actors what we associate with the movie while rewatching it are only pressures and worries during the filming.

• Like 4

Guest meelis

Thank you, @lucy13880! Where are you digging these great stuff? 

Oh, poor babe, the shooting of AFF has been such a torture, but at least it paid off (because in some other cases it didn't happen like this). 

So this is the model girlfriend whom he dated until 2004? I remember having seen her pics in Baidu some time ago, but forgot how she looks. (still find his taste in women questionnable :lol:, when it comes to GFs of course, his choice of women - friends is way better).

@Chrrriiistinee, I admit I spent some time pondering about the 10 hours it took to shoot the 3 bed scenes in a row. I can't really share my thoughts about it, because it'd be R-rated.:P