Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@sarah.lina and@meelis~~~
I agreed with everything you said :)!  I think he is carefully looking for something different!! I look forward to it.  :D  
You are so right about his characters. They are all devoted to relationships!  I love JMM portraying this kind of characters. They fit him well. However, I do hope he will choose something different!  A bad boy, a crazy man.... even a funny gangster.... something different from WY or King Gongmin!  
You are so right about him choosing this kind of character.  It could reflect his personality or philosophy.  I guess I could sense it by the ways he treats his love ones and coworkers.  I happened to read the news about Kang So-Ra.  I think JJM indeed tried very hard to help her. He was a good mentor!! 

@meelis : you noticed it too! they couldn't afford Joo Jin Mo anymore... knowing how he loves money, he didn't accept to do it without a good paycheck [Cha Tae Hyun refused some CF because of the paycheck too] ... and Lee Jin Wook's CF is exactly how you've described it...

The music, ambiance, concept... were all good and perfect for JJM, now i'm wondering if it wasn't him, in person, that gave his concept to Salomon, knowing how he sang himself.

@Quercus : A bad boy, crazy man, funny gangster... either of them i'm in but just something different from Gongmin, Wang Yoo, Illichi... :D

Guest meelis

Hahaha, @sarah.lina, I don't know if JJM loves money or not, but what I've observed is:- when it comes to his job, i.e. acting, he doesn't care so much about money, we discussed here already that he joined Friend 2 without being paid, he wasn't paid much for Dream, about Flowers in Fog - his payment was substantial, but if he took the drama for money only, he would do that right away, not after two months of "courtship", etc.- in CFs etc. for which he sells his name and image, he has reached a stage in his life and career to sell himself for a price and/or to carefully choose which brand to endorse, and I think it's the right thing to do. :)>-
LOL at the article, thank you for sharing, @QuercusL.. aren't we in tune with the global trends? Google translate says it's about the actors' bold scenes, apart from AFF, Happy end is also mentioned in the JJM part. ;)

I just have a random thought.....
JJM's and HJW's families are similar.  There are 3 girls and one boy in their respective families.  Also, the boy is the youngest!
Maybe, HJW was treating JJM in the same she was treating her brother!! LOL That could explain why they get alone so well :)!  
I guess the loving families made two sincere and lovable actors!  

@meelis : he wasn't paid for Friend 2?... oh thanks for the info, i sensed it was the case but i have never read that... ah i'm glad suddenly :))

By the way i went on Daum Movie, and read some critics about Friend 2, i can't say much about the substance but about the form :
1. Joo Jin Mo's name is mentionned much more than Kim Woo Bin one.
2. They either asked why JJM had so little screentime?... or what's the point of his character?.
3. They waste Joo Jin Mo (haha 2013-2014 will be the year of wasting JJM).... but someone added that he was a guest star in the movie so promoting the movie with JJM's name was wrong.

@QuercusL : oh thanks Sunpung Clinic :*

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, yes, he took Friend 2 only because of his friendship with Kwak Kyung Taek, if I remember it correctly, they said about him not being paid during one of the Friend 2 presscons, it's either KKT who talked about that, or JJM himself.  

Hahaha, @QuercusL, thank you for the Sunping clinic, never knew about this cameo, he's so young there... :))  So sweet, but it's great that he never looked flower-boyish or effeminate.
Some very old pics from me:
I don't even know what's the occasion here (some prize?) LOL at JJM's hair
a5bf9c.jpg010c1b.jpg

With Kim Myung Min2aed19.jpg
With Uhm Tae Woongf0e407.jpg

With Park Nam Hyun (it took me some time, but I remembered where I've seen him, he was coach Go in Dream)
c30e4b.jpg
© to the ownersEDIT: Sorry, the spoiler isn't cooperating

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, I didn't know about the Sad temptation writer either. 
As to JJM's other old drama, Turn your angry face, Look back in anger, or whatever its name, I don't know if it was any good, but it promoted a bunch of young actors from that generation, apart from JJM, Kim Myung Min and Uhm Tae Woong, Bae Doo Na and late Lee Eun Ju were there too, to name just a few.  

And an iconic pic from Sad temptation:
wnlhJx.jpg
© to the owner
=P~ :x

@meelis : Here a tumblr blog post that i've read from ravensreview,
http://ravensreview.tumblr.com/

So I’m watching this 1999 Noh Hee Kyung (It’s Okay That’s Love, Padam Padam, etc.) joint cuz it’s on youtube (tho it’s RAW) and why not. It’s called Sad Temptation and is a short two hour mini-drama.

Anyway, a young Joo Jin Mo is in it! And he is so incredibly gorgeous. He’s playing a sharp young gay businessman who gets dumped by his boyfriend but soon starts falling for a married man, his professional rival, at his job. He also has a missing older brother who he spends the entire time searching for desperately.

The married man is played by the lovely Kim Gab Soo (Marriage Not Dating). His character is an aging businessman who’s dissatisfied in his life and keeps his feelings close to his chest. He’s also getting shunted to the side at work for the younger set of professionals coming in. 

The third main character is played by Kim Mi Sook (Glorious Day). She is Kim Gab Soo’s artist wife who also knows her marriage has lost all life. She keeps trying to connect with her husband despite a lackluster response from him. They also have a grown daughter together.

Soon Kim Gab Soo’s character starts to feel a magnetic draw towards Joo’s character despite being workplace rivals and he finds his new found emotions for another man both thrilling and frightening. 

As expected from Noh Hee Kyung, the story features realistic characters going about their every day lives and trying to figure themselves out. This is a pretty melo drama though so also expect really gradual progress, introspective character narration, moody orchestral music, dark night scenes, and lingering close up shots of people’s faces. lol

Joo Jin Mo was quite charismatic, as always, and he nailed his character’s emotions. Kim Gab Soo also gave quite a turn as a man wrestling with his own innermost thoughts and feelings that seem to contradict everything he thought was him in his life. The two actors had some very great tension between them and every scene was palpable.

If you don’t mind watching something RAW or you understand Korean, I’d say give this one a go. I quite enjoyed it.

PS. I read up a bit on the drama and it’s actually the first drama to ever have a gay couple on Korean television. 

PPS. Nobody dies and nobody has AIDs, thank god.

PPPS. Don’t hold the 90s styling against them. They’re a product of their times. lmao

Guest meelis

Great review, thank you for sharing, @sarah.lina.  >:D<
Too bad Sad temptation was never translated and subbed, I've watched parts of it in youtube, but it's not the same.
BTW, the review led me to a site called MyDramaList, it also has movie reviews, so I randomly read reviews and comments on A Better Tomorrow, and there is a hilarious one: ...OH EM GEEE the cast... I don't just ship this movie. I luxury cruise it XD.... It's great, I'm sitting here and laughing like crazy in the middle of the night. :))

@meelis : =)) that comment is gold!!!!!!!

LOL at "And there's even a cute story from the set. Apparently, Joo Jin Mo and Song Seung Hun swapped the same cold back and forth while filming. One needed checking up at the hospital later, though. That's less cute. XD"... they should just get married they were meant to be together, they even went both of them in Ahn Sung Gi "The Divine Move" VIP Premiere... Love is in the air, i'm tellin' ya :x

Ah i was looking for it so badly, when @QuercusL posted it sometime ago, thanks to JJM Vietnam FC, it was during Empress Ki's Break no?

16321_322276577946630_426069854646318259

@sarah.lina~~~
Oh! The golf photo :)!  If I remembered correctly, it was about the same time as  the famous photo of the "A lister super stars"! It was before EK.  I think JJM's face looks bigger only because he was in the front. 

@meelis~~~
Thank you very much for the photos!! I love the photos of young JJM!! I also loved your comments.  Yes, he was never flower-boyish during his 20s.  

Here is a photo from Queen of the Game.  I wonder which website he was checking ;)
10616045_1442889289334233_81173124783380