Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

In the Baidu K Movie forum, I read the boxoffice records for many actors.  Joo Jin Mo is doing well.  All actors have ups and downs(one of the exceptions was Kyung-Gu Sol. All his movies in the past few years were doing well).  It seems pretty normal for an actor to have some movies with good boxoffice, then got a few failed projects.  I just realized that some movies had fewer than 10,000 admissions.  So sad!!! 
Lately, the majority of K movies do not seem to do well in terms of boxoffice. "Crying man"  failed (with less than 1 M admissions).  It seems to me that the box office in K movies is becoming a M shape.  The movies are either doing super well or super bad!  I guess it puts a lot of pressure on the actors!
PS: I apologize for those who do not like discussing box office and ratings.  I am a fan of numbers and will try to control myself :)

@QuercusL : i also love numbers so continue, dear, i love that :D

If that can help you, KBS Entertainement released an episode, i forgot the number, i know it's recent, they said that korean movies, nowadays became a success when it's not testosterone-gangster-male-oriented-movies (viewers are sick of them), human movies, comedies like Miss Granny or Miracle in Cell No. 7 are the trend, so no wonder that Crying Man didn't do well... it's because of that i want Joo Jin Mo to act in those kind of movies or drama next, it could be a great change for him.

@sarah.lina~~
Thank you for the information! I guess we are seeing a new era. In the past, k movies are dominant by male oriented movies.  I like the new trend :)!  
Besides, JJM and JDG had a tendency to choose big-budget movies in the past few years, such as "A Better Tomorro", "Gabi", "Crying Man".  They were putting extra pressure on their shoulders this way.  Maybe, JJM should choose a small-budget movie with an easy topic (comedies or family movies).  With JJM's charm and acting skills, it would be a nice project. :D 

I recently discovered the Baidu K movie forum.  Like the other Baidu forums, it is quite information.  Among all the statistics of boxoffice, there is a message asking the posters to select two k stars  whom they would like to see dating in the real life. 

People chose various stars.  One of the answers is JJM and HJW!!!! :D

Guest meelis

I agree with you, @sarah.lina, that Gabi was hugely disappointing, I was expecting more action and more romance, but the movie was... bland. I have to admit that I even didn't particularly like neither JJM's character, nor KSY's, found them too schematic (I don't blame the actors for that, they did their job very well, but the script was poor), the most interesting character who had more depth was emperor's. So it's no wonder Gabi didn't do well at the boxoffice, however we've seen much worse movies doing better, so...  Anyway, at least the movie was pleasing to the eye, I loved all JJM's transformations, so the hair, make up and costume departments did well. Plus, he put extra efforts promoting the movie (to no avail), so there're many interviews and nice pics from that period (poor man drunk liters of coffee during the promotions, he had enough for 5 years ahead). :)
5254e1.jpg

45f3f4.jpg

93d35f.jpg305f20.jpg263911.jpg6dd793.jpg168044.jpgca6c22.jpg© as labeled / JJM Garden

@QuercusL, I'm really bad with figures, math has always been my nightmare, but now I find it interesting to read and compare, please go on.

@meelis : Seriously the first set of three pics you posted is my favorite hairstyle of him. As for Gabi, you have spotted the same problems as me, i only liked the emperor... and "liked". I remember i read a review, the reviewer conclude his review with, "the only thing worthy in this movie was looking at Joo Jin Mo's with this period clothes" =)) =)) I AGREE

Guest meelis

Oh, it's one of my favorite hairstyles too, but unfortunately he doesn't let his hair grow more very often.One more of the series for you then:
3f7e04.jpg

I also like his hair in these:
4lp.gifywlt.gif © to the owners

Guest meelis

=)) @sarah.lina, I'm out of this hair length pics of him anyway.
These are pics I had never seen, not very HQ though:
4xxt.jpgf4fddb.jpg

© to the owners / JJM DC Gallery

Guest meelis

Oh, @sarah.lina, these are perfect, thank you!
Here, I found another one that wasn't posted, I hope:
079794.jpg

And sleeker:
9f7cec.jpg

vsrqp.jpg

© as labeled / to the owner

Guest meelis

Who had said, @anjshin's sister?, that JJM looked like a mixed Asian-Latino?  :D
Well, the girls at the EK thread of Asia-team (http://www.asia-team.net/foros/showthread.php?t=63083) thought he looked like Mexican actor Fernando Colunga:
f950bd.jpg  888650.jpg

:D I'm not sure about this, on some pics, with a similar hairstyle... maybe there is something. But in general, not really. What do you think? ;))
3a3b11.jpgfbec3f.jpg
© to the owners / as labeled

Guest meelis

Italian? Mmm, I wonder who he might be, will be waiting for your pics, @sarah.lina. ;;)
On pics like this one, in which the shape of his eyes can't be clearly seen, he really could be taken for Caucasian:
1iep.jpg
© as labeled
EDIT: @ElinaG, we know, we know...:))

@ElinaG was ready to kill us... if we had continued on this direction =)) >-)

Jin Hi Yan said that he loves fishing no wonder he's close to Joo Jin Mo, maybe he even went with him to fish...

@meelis : Ok, my bad he's a greek australian actor, Costas Mandylor back in 2004 because he's 48 years old now, so at that time he had pratically the same age as Joo Jin Mo :D

tumblr_n87l1ldxgd1sq7hzoo5_r1_1280.png

Koreans have really something for the actor with small faces, they even circled it

%EC%A3%BC%EC%A7%84%EB%AA%A8-%EC%96%BC%EA

Did you know that Joo Jin Mo had a scandal back in 2010 with the model turned actress Gong Hyeon Ju?
wow he really loves models, now i understand what was Jang Dong Gun meaning by, he's not actually serious about marriage.

745ad60dc049fa25d2d1d0a3dfd9af25.jpg

Seems like Joo Jin Mo favorite restaurant is our friend Hong Seok Cheon's one (well according to him), you know the secret-dating restaurant :))
he cited Jang Dong Gun, Joo Jin Mo, Hyun Bin and Lee Byung Hun

Story_Zine_223.jpg

http://lifestyler.interest.me/Content/View/896?reffer=channelprogramview

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, yes, Costas Mandylor, I know him, I've even seen this movie (they were in a cooking competition, right?), it's true that his nose is similar to JJM's.. :D
I think there is always at least one part of truth in those dating rumors, so we can see already JJM's dating pattern: ex-models, similar names, dating/marriage plans denied by agencies etc. :D
BTW, I start to like HSC's egg-shaped head, he's everywhere around JJM anyway, plus something like his Cupid, hosting his secret dates in the restaurant. :))
Funny pics:
Funny face
5d7412.jpg

Funny hat
4xww.jpg

Funny... pink towel (too precious this one) :D
e549f4.jpg

© to the owners =))

@meelis~
I remembered reading an article saying that he had a serious talk with his parents about marriage after the filming of F in F.  He was seeking his parents' understanding and decided to wait for his "true love".  Things may be changing now.

meelis said:
I think there is always at least one part of truth in those dating rumors, so we can see already JJM's dating pattern: ex-models, similar names, dating/marriage plans denied by agencies etc. :D
BTW, I start to like HSC's egg-shaped head, he's everywhere around JJM anyway, plus something like his Cupid, hosting his secret dates in the restaurant. :))
Funny pics:
Funny face
5d7412.jpg

Funny hat
4xww.jpg

Funny... pink towel (too precious this one) :D
e549f4.jpg

© to the owners =))