Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

@starjjmoon‌, thank you for confirming the news.

@QuercusL, I had some doubts too, but now it's all clear:-)

Wow, and so soon, on Monday 16 June! I hope there'll be at least photos from the event:-))

Sarah.lina, I think it's a pic from HB's birthday last year? It's true that we see for the first time KSR with them..:-)

Guest meelis

Our beloved Jin Ha (I'm still under his spell after re-watching Bichunmoo) :x :x :x

4gq34.jpg

ubta3.jpg

onah.jpg

credits as labeled / to the owners

Guest anjshin

wowwwww,. thanks for the pictures and news ladies. :D

Sorry for answering you here my dear @meelis thanks for the updated articles, seems uri JinMo is busy with different events, love the news after almost 2 months off cam from him.

On the other hand, now I understand @sarah.lina when she said that she enjoyed DREAM because I ENJOYED it too :D , despite my bias for our JJM, as a sports lover myself, I was sold by the plot, the execution, the drama and the comedy. It was sad that it didn't payed a good rating, but indeed got QUALITY until the end. It was sad for my part because this was aired in our country back 2012 I think when I was all busy with my profession. Better late than never, my time isn't wasted for the drama. :) ;;) :x

Wow different characters WangYoo, LeeShinJeon, KimDongYoung, LeeHanSae, JinHa and NamJeIL with one great, fabulous and handsome charismatic actor, JOO JIN MO. :x =D>

@meelis~~~
Thank you for the photos!!  I love them!!!  Also thank you for the news about "Miss Sexy Back" pageant!  I was laughing pretty hard when I saw the news.  I wonder if he ever attended this kind of event before, it is so not JJM!!  Anyway, it is good to see him in a public event!! :D Maybe, he is warming up after his "fishing mode". He will announce his next project soon.  :D

@anjshin : glad that you like Dream, it's really an underrated drama but agains QSD it's normal, from what i've read in some articles, the low ratings were attributed to :

1. Being against QSD
2. Lack of Romance
3. Son Dam Bi's awkward Acting

There were articles like that : "Even with Joo Jin Mo powerful charisma and acting in XX episode couldn't save the ratings" 

@sarah.lina~~
Interesting comments about Dream!  I actually consider 2 as a positive reason and I do not think Son Dam B was that bad!   Personally, I like her better than the second female lead in Fashion 70s. >-  It is funny that people's opinions could be so different! :) 

Speaking of bad acting, JJM said that his acting in Musa was used as an example of bad acting in a class.  For those who watched Musa, was he really that bad in Musa? The more I learned about Musa, the more I like it.  It is a good movie!! JJM did not seem to be too bad in Musa!    

Guest lorac

Regarding Musa, I don't think it's so much bad acting as an underdeveloped character. The general's actions didn't make much sense unless it was viewed as a vehicle to advance the story. Scenes of the general's character development were edited out for release in other countries. Maybe Ju Jin Mo was as lost in interpreting the character as the general was in formulating a plan to save his people. In the end, one has to blame the director if the acting is unsatisfactory.
The Korean version seems to make the most sense. The general held his position because he was the son of a famous military leader, not that he had military ability. His reason for rescuing the Ming princess was to get back in the good graces of the Chinese, but the story tried to imply there was romance involved and that led to the conflict between Choi-Jung and Yeo-Sol. I never felt that was a good reason for his actions.

I'll cut Jin Mo some slack for that role as it was early in his career. After all, I just watched Pompeii with Keifer Sutherland and Carrie Moss and I thought both did a horrible job acting in that film. The only saving grace was Kit Harington's ripped abs.

Maybe one of our Chinese friends could translate excerpts from the article and share with us. Is there a higher resolution or larger image of the magazine article?
By the way, there is a long post in the Vietnam FC page for Ju Jin Mo that comments on the relationship conflicts in the story and between fans of Empress Ki. I guess it's still being talked about. Google Translate got me through the post. I have to say, Google does a better job translating Vietnamese that does Bing.

Guest anjshin

@sarah.lina: yes dear, loved DREAM that's why I made a marathon of it. You're right, It's underrated, because when it aired QSD was already in the midway, and I made a little search for the writer; he is the writer of Damo and Jumong, I haven't watched Damo yet, but knowing Jumong plot, it got romance but very little and like in DREAM it isn't that force much, maybe BROmance lol, but even though there is no love story, the plot is still interesting. Regarding SDB, for me she just delivered her character the way it's supposed to be. And those we're the reasons I fell in love with DREAM, it got some story to tell, to DREAM a midst of adversities. So for me it's just right for uri JJM to accept the project.  :D :-*
here are some picture of my DREAM fever official stills, BTS. :D10442412_10202023468334612_1484890191528
10403119_10202023467854600_8730891013219
10377001_10202023465214534_7326197107548

10471149_10202023462734472_5567129127021
10386261_10202023463894501_4500857035751
10403409_10202023465574543_7035568725682
1908028_10202023465774548_14090726871443
10356205_10202023466094556_7894580454824
10378157_10202023466894576_4208797302953
10299063_10202023467414589_2009730647205
10346391_10202023469494641_5296794002428
credits as labeled and to hancinema

@lorac~~ 
Thank you for the comments :)!  Very inisghtful!!
It seems to me that not many JJM fans talked about "sad temptation" (maybe, due to the fact it is a gay drama?).  Anyway, I just watched a small part of it.  I understood  nothing (there is no sub), but the young JJM in the drama looks so....... yummy!!! :\"> 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gaSPzE8IO8

Guest lorac

I can't comment on Sad Temptation because I haven't watched it. I know it's on YouTube, but it doesn't have subtitles so I keep putting it off. There are so many of his dramas with subtitles that they always become a first choice.
The last couple days I've been watching Punch (Ddae Ryuh), a perennial favorite. I was just reading the Punch thread here at Soompi and read that the subtitles were completed in May of 2011. I only discovered them this year. It goes to show that if you wait long enough good thing eventually come around. Same with a Korean language version of Bichunmoo. That was a long wait but well worth it.
I've yet to watch Fashion 70s. The subtitles are such a mess, so out of time with the files I have that it will take a major effort to re-time and fix them. I looked at episode one and in places the grammar was a mess also, so that would need editing as well. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to timing, so I can't stand to watch something out of sync.
@Anjshin, I highly recommend Damo. It's one of the first dramas I watched years ago and I've always though it was a perfectly told 14 episode story, but it is definitely a story of unrequited love.