Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Baseball is big in Asian countries, too (Japan, Korea and Taiwan)! :)

As for the translation, here is a site developed by Chinese. It is better than Google when Chinese is involved (Chinese-English, Korean-Chinese) since it is designed for Chinese.

http://fanyi.youdao.com/

I accidentally discovered that a Korean movie is in preparation. The movie features a famous mountain climber. JJM's good friend Hwang Jung-min may star in the movie. It sounds like a project for JJM.
Edit:  In the Naver search today, there is an article mentioning JJM's name at the Busan.com. I was excited and thought  the article would be something related to his Busan trip. It turned out the article was about a local singing competition. One of the participants said that he looks like Joo Jin Mo.  :-S

Guest lorac

sarah.lina said: @lorac : i started admiring translators when some subs weren't that good and when i started watching everything with subs... it's really an art ... like WithS2 Subs that close down *sigh* but i think that @meelis knows better than me the difficulty of this task ;) 

Guest meelis

Agree with all of you, about sports it's important where you're from, but also your milieu, I've grown up with people (not only men!) who were religiously following all football (soccer, I mean) and tennis matches, and it's the same in my family now, so I know very well these sports. While I've never seen a whole baseball match, only parts of it as shown in many movies, so it's still a mystery for me. Anyway, it doesn't prevent me from drooling over a particular player, as I said..:\">

About being interpreter/translator, I'm really passionate with my job and I really hate when people take it lightly or think it's a piece of cake. Moreover, if you do that in politics or business, translation is crucial... But even if you just translate movies for fun, if the subs are badly translated, you ruin others' movie watching experience, so I think it should be done with more responsibility. I understand the emergency, especially with dramas, plus I know that it's mostly voluntary work that people are doing in their spare time, but still....

To make my post more relevant, as lorac said, here you are two of my favorite things combined, thanks to the girl from Baidu JJM who made these! 
Chocolate and Joo Jin Mo
022895.jpg

1d4fdb.jpg
© Baidu JJM Board
:x :x

Guest lorac

meelis said:  But even if you just translate movies for fun, if the subs are badly translated, you ruin others' movie watching experience, so I think it should be done with more responsibility. I understand the emergency, especially with dramas, plus I know that it's mostly voluntary work that people are doing in their spare time, but still....

@meelis : slowly with the chocolates, you might get diabeties :))

I completely agree with you with the translations, the last time was Poutine Interview, they didn't translate well what he said about Clinton but it already went viral with the media... it was good to read in the web a high quality translation of his interview by a russian, explaining all the words play that we don't know.

@lorac : That's the big problem i have with them lately, they are paid but their subtitles are awfull, the EK subs were the worst, Bannon is really a joke, even if someone released his infos, he seemed like a professional in korean... but we all know how it seemed like he started translating every episode while playing soccer, if not, how can he do an awfull job even after being paid?, when some fans are far better than him.

A very nice AFF MV!
The first half is  good summary of the movie and the second half is a collection of BTS scenes which are very funny. >:D
Warnings: They are some R-rated scenes! (Am I allowed to post it here?  If not, I will delete the link!  I am sorry about this! I did not realize there are r-rated scenes until I posted the link)
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3189238094

Guest meelis

For some reason I can't see the video in @QuercusL's link, but I love the scene @lorac is referring to, I think it didn't make it to the movie at all, you're right that it's not even in the director's cut:

hIHcW6.gifI also found another one, I'm not sure what kind of treatment JJM receives exactly from JIS, but I like it:x95VWz.gif© as labeledI agree he's in his best shape here! With Jin Mo, I'm all the time shallow mode on/off, but actually never feel guilty, because he's also an excellent actor.

@meelis : i've found that in Joo Jin Mo Garden someone posted the entire video of the bath scene, but the link doesn't work anymore.
@lorac : I'm wondering why you don't have this scene? but sometimes there are two kinds of Director's Cut, i forgot the name.

EDIT
: there are two kind of releases : the Director's Cut (the movie is shorter, with some scenes cut)
                                                           the Uncut Version (it's where, we can have the bath scene)

Everytime, i watched a movie, i try to find the uncut version which is longer.

Guest lorac

sarah.lina said: EDIT : there are two kind of releases : the Director's Cut (the movie is shorter, with some scenes cut)

NHK BS Interview (14.7.27)
9:00PM -> 9:59PM

65751k.png

There are two parts, 24 minutes the two of them, it was upload by a Ji Chang Wook Fan so the interview was cut... i didn't find the entire interview yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpun_HTyQg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCy4eryOFQ

The 133 min version is the version showing in the theater. Also, the DVD I got in Taiwan is also 133 min.  The bath scene did not make it to either version.
There is message comparing the two versions at the Baidu AFF forum.  Here are some of the extra scenes that I remembered.
1) The King and HL went horse back riding in the field after the assassination. The King expressed his wish to leave the palace and become a regular citizen. 
2) When HL was away, the deputy captain expressed his enviousness towards HL and hinted his love for the King. The King refused.
3) In the end of the movie, there is a flashback of the teenager King and little HL right after the death of the King and HL (before the horse riding scene).  They were looking at the palace from the mountains. HL was excited to see the palace and expressed his wish to live in the palace with the King forever. 
4) The love scene between the King and HL was longer. 

sarah.lina said: EDIT : there are two kind of releases : the Director's Cut (the movie is shorter, with some scenes cut)

Guest lorac

QuercusL said: There is message comparing the differences between the two versions at the Baidu.  Here are some of the extra scenes that I remembered.

1) The King and HL went horse back riding in the field after the assassination. The King expressed his wish to leave the palace and become a regular citizen. 
2) When HL was away, the deputy captain expressed his enviousness towards HL and hinted his love for the King. The King refused.
3) In the end of the movie, there is a flashback of the teenager King and little HL right after the death of the King and HL (before the horse riding scene).  They were looking at the palace from the mountains. HL was excited to see the palace and expressed his wish to live in the palace with the King forever. 
4) The love scene between King and HL was longer.

@lorac~~
The version in the internet was the longer version. I was surprised when I got my DVD and discovering that many scenes were not included.  
I think DVDs are different for different countries.  Unfortunately, we got the shorter version in Taiwan.  Also, I am pretty sure that it was the shorter version that was showing in the Korean theaters. 

Guest meelis

It's a complete mess with those AFF versions, I checked my database (I told you I'm crazy, I have more than 1000 movies on several storage devices, these are only movies I decided to keep :D), and don't know why but AFF is the only movie I have 2 copies of - a "regular" 133 min. version and a "director's cut" 143 min. (but as @lorac said, the bath scene isn't here). Should I now look for a third one - "uncut" version? It's getting even crazier. :))

@stclaus, the interview was taken end of June in a Seoul hotel, it's for the NHK Japanese channel broadcasting of Empress Ki. :)>-

@sarah.lina, thanks for the screencaps and the videos, looks like the shorter clips are already gone, and tudou takes ages to load, huh.. :(

@meelis : download it with this website :
http://www.flvdown.com/?url=aHR0cDojI3d3dy50dWRvdS5jb20vcHJvZ3JhbXMvdmlldy9XYVlDQ3ctZVRaMC8= i never watch tudou vids online (well it's the same with Daily, YouTube, Vimeo.. ok everything), i always dl them

If you have the add on "Download Manager" from Mozzilla Firefox, you will finish downloading it in no time! ;)