Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@meelis : Yes it's the cooking competition movie :D
and Yes, there is some consistency with his ideal type, tall, model like, with a kind of big breast and she has to be 10 years old his junior lol but like @QuercusL said if he didn't marry Go Jun Hee, because it seemed like serious, i think that now he's looking for a wife and not a girfriend anymore, it's not like it's early for him, he will get 40 years old in less than a month (well with the other calendar)

Guest meelis

@QuercusL, I remember that interview, it was a significant change, because for many years he kept repeating he wanted a girlfriend and getting married, and now he said he's willing to wait for the right one, he even got his parents' approval. @sarah.lina has a reason to say he's now looking for wife, not gf, so maybe he should start looking in different places? :D

@meelis : the problem is there are some contradictions, with Joo Jin Mo's japanese interview and what Jang Dong Gun said recently.

Joo Jin Mo said he's waiting for the right one.
Jang Dong Gun said that he always said that but there is nothing serious.

My conclusion : he's still waiting for the right one but he's playing around with some models loooool

Even if, i will never understand, wth, Go Jun Hee did We Got Married just after breaking up with JJM... when from the news it was a long relation, they had /:)... well talking about her, it seems like she has forgotten Joo Jin Mo a long time ago...

go-jun-hee-beenzino-3.jpg

@sarah.lina good for her if she have already forgotten Joo Jin Mo (but i really don't believe in that scandal, cause it was denied not just once... >:):P )

As for our dear Joo Jin Mo, hope/wish that he can find his right one and HAVE A NEW PROJECT(hopefully it is a drama series) [-O< [-O< :))

@starjjmoon : i bet you were on happy mode, when you saw the pic :)) :))

Ahhhhh i'm wating for him too... because of that... i became even more picky with some actors (i'm talking about acting) for example in Joseon Gunman Yu Oh Seong is the only one that matches Joo Jin Mo's charisma on screen. loooool

@sarah.lina who is in the pic??Lol don't know her :)>- :)) :)) :P

I'm much happier if Joo Jin Mo will announce his next project :D

I also became picky with k.actors, aftermath of watching JJM's charismatic acting :\"> :))

Guest anjshin

hi ladies, I miss meddling in your discussions :D ,. what to do on these critical days where JJM is nowhere to be found, :-/ 8-} ahhhh before i forgot, @sarah.lina and @starjjmoon‌ please, no more of GJH talks. \m/ :P :-w

@anjshin : i will say that you're kind of lucky, because you're busy these days, you don't have the same withdrawal as me, *currently healing myself lol* so our lack of JJM should be (i think) less dramatic :)) .... that damn schedule, i'm busy when JJM is on my screen, but i'm completely free when he isn't... =D>

About GJH @starjjmoon doesn't know her nor do I... i think she's an actress that doesn't know how to sit properly on a sofa :D...

Guest lorac

Anjshin asked: "what to do on these critical days where JJM is nowhere to be found?"
I make lemonade. The original of this image has to be one of the worst I've ever see of Jin Mo. He's tired and his eyes are bloodshot. The only thing going is his nice smile. It's perfect for Photoshop enhancement techniques. I still wonder why the magazine published it without tweaking the image first. 

clear-eyes-makeover-v2_zps2377dbfe.jpg

Guest ElinaG

@lorac good job done! the moment I saw your image, first thought: wow! what an improvement! You made him look  himself finally.

@sarah.lina and @meelis~~
Maybe, after dating beautiful/young ex-models, he realized that they were not his type.  He decided to wait for the "right one" at the age of 40.  
Personally, I think he is totally cool and cute about this!   For most people at his age, they will comprise and settle down quickly (as I watched the patterns of my friends). And yet, he said "I will wait for the right one and even talked to his parents!!  I think this decision is very JJM!! Knowing him, there is no other way for him.  

@lorac : your edit is marvelous, his eyes are shining, clearly better than the original one :x

@QuercusL : that's what i've understand, i think he understood that he's looking for a wife material now not a girlfriend anymore, i hope he will find his right one, looking at some other actors around his age that still didn't get married, Jung Woo Sung (1973), Shin Ha Kyun (1974), Kim Joo Hyuk (1972) and so forth and so on...

Joo Jin Mo being spotted again.. this time playing Baseball with Jang Dong Gun and Lee Jong Suk
there is a group pic too, click on the link

CREDITS TO : http://blog.naver.com/eunkyung345/220064220453

There is MBC Infinite Dream Contest

content-intro1.jpg

Empress Ki is nominated in the Best Drama Category

As for the actors/actresses category :
Joo Jin Mo is nominated for Empress Ki

Actor/Actresses Category : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/mbcfest/act/index.html
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/mbcfest/

Note : For the Best Actor/Actress Category, you have to select 5 people and login with your MBC Account, if you have one.

Guest minnie0103

sarah.lina

said:

PSH : "I was excited and nervous because i'm a fan of him, but he's really comfortable to be around !; I thought that he would be hard to work with, but it wasn't like that at all; He was very sweet like an older brother"

JJM : "I was like a servant !"

@minnie0103 : it's recent (2009) it's from A Frozen Flower, he did that to Jo In Sung character looool

That's exactly what i like about him, not only he managed to bring laughter on the set, but he's really protective towards his female co-stars even to the point of being fired by some productions, he's a real gentleman or knight :D
;;)

Guest dhebbie2t

5 Reasons Why You Need to Watch “Empress Ki”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/19/5-reasons-why-you-need-to-watch-empress-ki/

We here at Soompi are doing a special series on many of the nominees of the Seoul International Drama Awards. As Soompi is home to many superfans, we thought it fitting to reach out to our own forum community to introduce some of their favorite shows and actors to you. Hanyeoun is one of our K-Drama forum moderators, and would like to share the glory that is Empress Ki, nominated for all 3 awards – Best Drama, Best Actor for Ji Chang Wook, and Best Actress for Ha Ji Won.

Click through the gallery to find out some of the reasons why this drama may deserve your vote for the 2014 Outstanding Korean Drama award.

The Romance Between Two Kingdoms

Empress Ki offers two interesting love lines with Seung Nyang, torn between choosing Wang Yoo representing her homeland, Goryeo, or Tae Hwan from the invading Mongol Empire of the Yuan Dynasty. Her fate is already predetermined as Seung Nyang chose to carry the mission of protecting Tae Hwan instead of following her beloved prince Wang Yoo. The love triangle spanning over this series is mesmerizing because it carves an important path for our heroine finding her place and identity in the middle of both warring nations.

The Heartbreaking Moments

Empress Ki offers a wide range of emotions displayed from our wonderful actors and actresses. With the combination of impressive instrumental soundtracks, almost every scene seamlessly carries a significant importance such as the latest moments of Commander Ki, forcibly played by his own nation’s politics and branded as a traitor for treason, bidding farewell to his long lost daughter, Seung Nyang. If there are any sageuk fans out there, you will certainly tear up at some point in this enthralling drama.

The Villainy

For every drama, there is always a baddie. El Temur is the prime example of this series. However, he is not the true villain of Empress Ki. The evil lies in the political struggle with the goal of gaining more power in the Court. El Temur was known to be a famous conqueror until he got attached to his greed of gaining the throne for the sake of the Yuan people. The only thing he doesn’t realize is his tyrannic desire of becoming the Emperor destroys his own nation he wants to build.

The Rise of a New Empress

Of course, let’s not forget the quest of Seung Nyang reuniting Goryeo and the Mongol Empire for peace. Her route of rightfully coveting the seat of authority is hindered by many obstacles such as the Temur family including Empress Tanashiri, the brothers Dangkise, Talahai and their minions. With the downfall of this household, new villains are awakened with the mysterious Eagle House as they will also try to steal the throne by themselves.

The Staff and Cast

Behind the scenes, the real highlight behind Empress Ki is the selection of extraordinary talents such as Ha Ji Won, Joo Min Mo, Ji Chang Wook or Baek Jin Hee. The interaction between these handpicked actors and actresses is worth admiring accompanied with balanced screenwriting, attractive cinematography and soothing melodies. Anyone who missed this amazing jewel should view this groundbreaking series praised positively with high numbers from the Korean audience.

Empress Ki was a roller coaster of feelings with lots of unforgettable scenes. What were your favorite moments of Empress Ki? Please share them with us! 

Guest lorac

"even to the point of being fired by some productions"
Can you site an example of when Jin Mo was fired for his attitude?
And thank you for the favorable comments on my edits to a very tired Ju Jin Mo as I tried to bathe him in a sublime light of tranquility.

@lorac : There is an another one, but i don't remember the link.

1. He has faced some bad luck in his career. A few of the films he was cast in got cancelled due to financing issues. Some of his dramas were scheduled in unlucky spots. That happened with the series "Dream" which was in the same time slot as the hit drama "Queen Seonduk." His intolerance of rudeness and tendency to speak out against actors being treated poorly has also lost him some roles.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/13273/20131219/five-fun-facts-about-joo-jin-mo.htm

@sarah.lina~
Thank you for the article!
In the end of the article~~~
"In interviews Joo Jin Mo comes across pretty much the same way as King Wang Yu does: loyal, unafraid to stand up for what he believes in and surprisingly shy with women. It's a winning combination."  ;)