Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

omgjcss!!!! i just noticed that i've always spelt our princess' name as SHG as in Song Hye Gyo... but her actual name is spelt with a K... SHK song hye kyo..... im such a ba bo!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha....

btw, anyone has the main track for my girl & i??????????

I don't think it matters whether you spell it with a "k" or a "g"...it's just a matter of preference...I prefer to spell it with a "g" :D

Guest LuvSHK

Thank you fanta and all great Shk'ers that post the lovely pictures of Song Hye Kyo. She is really really pretty.

Guest crazili

I don't think it matters whether you spell it with a "k" or a "g"...it's just a matter of preference...I prefer to spell it with a "g" :D

but she spelt her name as hye Kyo!

Siggy.jpg

but she spelt her name as hye Kyo!

Siggy.jpg

Yeah, she spells her name like that but when you romanize Korean names/words, it's not always going to sound exactly how it's spelled in English. Like the Korean last name "Lee" is not pronounced like that in Korean. If you listen closely to how people say "Gyo", it def. sounds more like a "g" sound. There's no point in going back and forth about this...like I said, it's a matter of preference :D

Guest soutsada7

thanks rangsi for sharing those beautiful pix and your thoughts with us...yeah, if bi and SHG shared the same flight, then it would be exactly like that scene in FH ;)

i think song hye-gyo is the most beautiful girl i ever seen! :rolleyes:

and i think her best performance is on full house with rain..

anyway, i'm a newbie here, and sorry if my english is so bad..

hi, guess_...welcome to our wonderful thread. No, your English is perfect, so don't worry :D Hope to see you here more :)

Guest crazili

Yeah, she spells her name like that but when you romanize Korean names/words, it's not always going to sound exactly how it's spelled in English. Like the Korean last name "Lee" is not pronounced like that in Korean. If you listen closely to how people say "Gyo", it def. sounds more like a "g" sound. There's no point in going back and forth about this...like I said, it's a matter of preference.

OooooOOoo.. i c i c.... thanks for the clarification......... :)

just for curiosities' sake how do you pronounce the surname 'Lee' in Korean??? thanks again...

Guest soutsada7

wow you all really got to go so close..

i was SOOO far away.. and i could only see heads of all the talls guys..

:( so sad...

welcome to our thread, candy3012...I'm so happy that we're getting more people in this thread :P anyway, yeah I completely agree with you that fanta's so lucky to get so close to SHG...I just love those pix that fanta posted of SHG looking directly at her camera's lens and smiled :D

Every country that SHK and CTH visited seems very enthusiast welcoming them :)

welcome to our thread Fanny Agusbrata :D yeah, their fans do seem very enthusiastic...I'd be super enthusiastic too if I were to have a chance to meet them :D

i wonder why they had to rush the promo like that... flying straight from one place to another... poor SHG she had to endure long flights and thousands of strangers taking her photographs and telling her that they love her... puahahahahhaha n she doesnt even know them!!!! although i am one of those 'strangers', i can actually sympathise with poor SHG.... i saw her interview on malaysian tv that day n her look was like 'wth am i doing here??? i shall endure.,.. only then i can have that delicious crab dish from fatty crab restaurant later... '...

hahahaa just a figment of my weird imagination....

saranghae hye gyo UNNIe!

pwahahaha, I was laughing my butt off when I saw your post...what a great imagination you had going there, li :P anyway, I agree with you that their promo seemed to be a bit rushed...hmmm, maybe they were in a hurry cause CTH's gotta prep for his marriage and SHG has a new major project coming up? (hopefully another drama? ^_^)

omgjcss!!!! i just noticed that i've always spelt our princess' name as SHG as in Song Hye Gyo... but her actual name is spelt with a K... SHK song hye kyo..... im such a ba bo!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha....

btw, anyone has the main track for my girl & i??????????

yeah, just like what Shanda said, it really depends on your preference...I like to spell her name with a "g" too :)

hi, kkyo, welcome aboard to the coolest thread in Soompi :D

just for curiosities' sake how do you pronounce the surname 'Lee' in Korean??? thanks again...

It's okay...I hope I didn't come off as a "know it all"...I'm sorry if I did, those weren't my intentions at all :)

How to pronounce 'Lee' in Korean? Just like "Ee" in English.

Guest soutsada7

^^ says who??? hahahahaha......

lol, says moi :P

o/t: li, been to visit the goong thread lately? geeze, that thread moves too fast for me, so all I do is dl the epis and upload them...never really posted regular comments there :sweatingbullets:

alrighty my wonderful SHGers...gotta head out to class now...see you later :D :waves bye to everybody:

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Actually, by official Romanization standards, it really should be Song Hye Gyo, not Kyo. The character ㄱ is spoken either with a K sound or a G sound, depending on where it's placed. In her name, the ㄱ is placed in between two vowels ('y' is equivalent to a vowel in Hangul), so it should be a G and not a K. But for some reason, she opted to use the K instead.

It's pronounced 'Ee', as in the 'L' is silent. Same thing with Lim ('Im').

Actually, by official Romanization standards, it really should be Song Hye Gyo, not Kyo. The character ㄱ is spoken either with a K sound or a G sound, depending on where it's placed. In her name, the ㄱ is placed in between two vowels ('y' is equivalent to a vowel in Hangul), so it should be a G and not a K. But for some reason, she opted to use the K instead.

Thank you soooo much for the explanation...you said exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the right words! Again, thank you so much :D

Guest soutsada7

whoa really? :blink: so, one doesn't pronounce the "L" at all? :blink: alrighty, now I'm really heading out to class :sweatingbullets:

Guest crazili

thanks shanda and paulette for your explanation.....

o/t: goong-ners: so lee shin should be pronounced as Ee Shin instead.....

lol, says moi :P

o/t: li, been to visit the goong thread lately? geeze, that thread moves too fast for me, so all I do is dl the epis and upload them...never really posted regular comments there :sweatingbullets:

alrighty my wonderful SHGers...gotta head out to class now...see you later :D :waves bye to everybody:

o/t: yes soutsada!!!! on a daily basis... mostly a silent goong-ner....

hahahha look at my avvie!!!! i bet its the only one on soompi.... i went through all the trouble for candy's sake hahahaha..... candy thank me!! joking joking!!!

Guest soutsada7

^^pwahahaha...sitting in my lecture and visiting my fav thread again (I'm so bad :P) anyway, loving your avatar li :D oh, sheesh, the professor's looking at me...gotta pay attention now :lol:

Guest PuccaGirl_64

WOW ..soo many pics of SHG...Soo.|COOl..

WELCOME..to all the NEW SHG'ers hope to see yuo all here more!

:D

Rangsi..you're such a BI-KYO fan..Like me..let's just keep dreamin!! hehehe

Who cares about if whether her name is SHK or SHG. It makes no difference and we like her anyway.

I don't think anyone was making a big deal...perhaps some people were just curious on the difference of her name spelling and some people may not know Korean so they don't understand the whole romanization thing :)

^^pwahahaha...sitting in my lecture and visiting my fav thread again (I'm so bad :P) anyway, loving your avatar li :D oh, sheesh, the professor's looking at me...gotta pay attention now :lol:

Ha ha ha, are you serious...you're in class and visiting this thread?! Tsk, tsk! :P lol. We're all some seriously dedicated SHG fans!

Here are some random pics~

fh1os.jpg

four4sv.jpg

400629993or.jpg

adbc23gp.jpg