Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Link to watch, i haven't watched them yet :P

http://media.daum.net/society/affair/view.html?cateid=1010&newsid=20110926151310450&p=YTN

http://media.daum.net/society/affair/view.html?cateid=1010&newsid=20110926155304183&p=YTN

http://media.daum.net/society/affair/view.html?cateid=1010&newsid=20110926172305149&p=YTN

http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?cateid=1034&newsid=20110926172105529&p=yonhap

Guest crazy-girl

Hi to you all SHKer’s ......

finally we got to see our gorgeous unni :D ... it feels like a dream ...

I see she put on some weight which is great .. it suits her better than being skinny ...

I am really amazed about how she becomes prettier and younger everytime we see new pics of her ... A TRUE ULTIMATE EVERLASTING BEAUTY ...

Song stars as grieving documentary maker

Award-winning director Lee Jeong-hyang’s ‘A Reason to Live’ delves into questions of forgiveness

After starring as the famous Joseon gisaeng ― female entertainer ― Hwang Jin-i and the mysterious daughter of a Korean shaman, Song Hye-gyo is returning to the big screen as a documentary filmmaker mourning the death of her fianc.

“When I pick movies, I don’t really think about whether the film I’m going to shoot is going to be a commercial one or an art house one,” Song told reporters at a press conference promoting the film, “A Reason to Live,” on Monday.

“The only thing I care about is whether I genuinely feel for the character or not. And I really felt I could express this character along with the director.”

The film’s Korean title is “Oneul,” which translates as “today.”

In the film, Song plays Da-hye, a non-fiction moviemaker whose fianc was killed in a motorcycle accident on her last birthday. Shortly after he died, she had forgiven the 17-year-old driver of the motorcycle, thinking that would bring peace to everyone. However, as she unexpectedly discovers what the 17-year-old has been doing since the accident and her forgiveness, Da-hye goes through a series of emotional turmoil and confusion.

20110926000696_0.jpg

Song Hye-gyo stars in Lee Jeong-hyang’s upcoming film, “A Reason to Live.” (Lotte Entertainment)

“I’ve never had such an intense experience (like Da-hye) so it was definitely challenging,” Song told reporters. “The theme of forgiveness is never easy. There are scenes where I break down, but I also cared much about delivering the unexpressed emotions that are kept inside my character.”

“A Reason to Live” is the third film by award-winning director Lee Jeong-hyang, who took a nine-year break after her 2002 film “The Way Home.” A heart-warming tale about a grandmother who lives in a remote rural village and her city-born grandson, the 2002 film attracted some 4 million viewers, and won best picture and screenplay at the Grand Bell Awards that year.

Lee’s 1998 debut film, “Art Museum by the Zoo,” starred Shim Eun-ha, who still remains as one of the most significant and beloved actresses of the last decade even after her withdrawal from the entertainment industry in 2002, and won best actress and best emerging director prizes at the Grand Bell Awards.

“I took about two years off after ‘The Way Home,’” director Lee told reporters. “And I’ve only concentrated working on the script of ‘A Reason to Live’ since 2005.”

And it was Song who showed interest in the film even before the script was fully completed. She was the first actress to contact Lee about the movie.

“I’ve always been a huge fan of director Lee, and she doesn’t make a lot of films,” Song said. “So I contacted her first after hearing from a source that her new movie’s script was almost done. And I fell in love with the completed script when I finally got to see it.”

For Lee, who “does not write for particular actors or actresses” when working on a script, it was a surprise to hear from Song. “I didn’t think the Da-hye character suited Song, or any actresses, really,” Lee told reporters. “But when I met with Song in person, I was very surprised that she’s actually very different from how she is usually represented on TV. And I thought she’d match the Da-hye character. And things went well from there.”

“I want this film to be a piece of consolation to the real-life families of murder victims,” Lee said going on to explain its Korean title. “I think many laws in Korea are still indifferent toward them and their pains. Yet living with a grudge can make one’s life meaningless. My message is at least live your today for yourself, and nobody else, and maybe you’d eventually be free from grudges and resentments after repeating those todays over and over.”

“A Reason to Live” opens in theaters on Oct. 27. The film also has been invited to the Gala Presentation section of Busan International Film Festival (Oct. 6- 14) this year.

By Claire Lee (dyc@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110926000689

^ the bts pics of Kyo and the director is LOVE...she hold Kyo's hands tightly, so beautiful to look at :wub: . It's like a mom is taking care of her daughter..awww. I love what I see, so heartwarming :wub:.

I must say i really like the way the article from The Korea Herald reporting, so informativ and it seems Kyo got contacted with the director at an early stage already . I think this movie will be a beautiful touching movie and Kyo for sure be proud to get a chance to portray this role and I'm proud of Kyo too. I have always wish and love to see her in such kind of movie, a movie with heart :wub:. Fighting!!

So many pics and articles, videos out there, and i still haven't got time to see anyone of them yet .. Thanks putriN for update Today's thread .

Gahh..she's lovely and glowing :wub: and WOW for the music trailer..simply beautiful.

edit: wahh, so a lot of love icon in my post haha...but it really is.

hi celebrities thanks for posting... those pics are huge... can see her eye balls are so crystal clear :rolleyes:

kim, if i'm not wrong, the 9am is referring to the opening time for "Today" advance booking tickets @BIFF.

i remember that it opens tomorrow for booking.... or maybe both ? :unsure:

굿솔 @dc

언론시사보다 영화제가 먼저지?

내일 오전 9시 예매 오픈인데

꼭 성공해야지! 티켓팅 무서워..

tpc18.jpg

credit as labelled

[2011-09-27]

Song Hye Kyo: 'It Is My Honor To Be Compared to Actress Shim Eun Ha'

Director Lee Jeong Hyang said during the production presentation of the movie "A Reason To Live" that was held at Lotte Cinema Pacadiri on September 26, "When I made a comeback with 'The Way Home' after a three-year break, it was like coming back after being discharged from the military and being welcomed by many people. This time, I am making a comeback after a similar long break, and I really appreciate people's attention shown to my new movie." Lee was once the most promising female director from the end of the 1990s until the early 2000s. She debuted with her movie "Art Museum By the Zoo" in 1998, in which star actress Shim Eun Ha appeared as the female protagonist, and she garnered Best New Director's prizes at various film festivals in Korea at that time. When she released her second film "The Way Home," the movie achieved huge success, and almost 4.8 million people watched the film. She has been confirmed as a great director in terms of popularity and artistry, but it took almost nine years for her to produce her next film. Lee Jeong Hyang said, "I had written the synopsis for 'A Reason To Live' even before I debuted. After I finished filming 'The Way Home,' I announced that I would make a movie entitled 'Nobody Somebody' (the former title for 'A Reason To Live'), but as I wrote the script, I added my new thoughts that I could have as I was growing older, and I had to change the story to my new point of view. Since 2005, I had begun to write the script in earnest. I had only concentrated on writing the script."

7926_3115_l.jpg

"A Reason To Live" is a story about forgiveness, and it focus on the changing mind of the protagonist named Da Hye, who is a documentary production director. Da Hye (Song Hye Kyo) lost her fiance in a hit-and-run accident. She eventually forgives the perpetrator with great effort, and she begins to produce a documentary with the subject of "forgiveness" one year after the accident. As she continues to film the documentary, one day she comes to think about the perpetrator -- who was a seventeen-year-old boy -- and when she has obtains information about the boy, she becomes totally shocked. Why does the director entitle the film "A Reason To Live?" Lee explained, "I have wanted to give at least some consolation to the families of victims of murder cases through this movie. Usually the law tends to be indifferent to the family of the deceased. I have agonized about how a neglected family of the deceased would live. If they are living while keeping anger inside themselves, their lives would be devastated. But I thought that they might have come back to their ordinary lives that they had had before the accident if they pushed their anger outside their lives and just tried to live. So I made up the title of 'A Reason To Live' with this thought."

7926_3116_l.jpg

"Asia's star" actress Song Hye Kyo will appear as the protagonist of the movie. She has held activities across Asian countries so far, but she is making a comeback to Korean films after a four-year break since her last film "Hwangjinyi" in 2007. Song Hye Kyo said, "I was a huge fan of the director, Lee Jeong Hyang. When I heard the news that she completed the script, I made a call to her. And I actually fell in love with the script after reading it. I really wanted to appear in her movie." She also explained the reason why she had chosen this serious movie for her comeback film by saying, "After I read the script, I really wanted to play the character. I have not chosen any work after considering whether it was a commercial film or an art film. Instead, I have just chosen the work to appear in when I have come to have a thought of playing the character."

"A Reason To Live" follows the emotion of the main character. Song, who has presented acting that usually expresses great emotion, said, "I feel difficulties whenever I act, but this time it was particularly difficult for me to act because I had to express emotion that cannot be seen on the outside. Except that, I could naturally concentrate on acting thanks to the director's help." Song Hye Kyo has been chosen as the third female protagonist of Lee Jeong Hyang's third movie, and she has already been compared to actress Shim Eun Ha, who had appeared in Lee's film "Art Museum By the Zoo." Asked whether she feels pressure about people's comparisons, she answered, "I am a fan of Shim Eun Ha, so I am very glad about it. It could have been critics, depending on the success of the movie later, but anyway it is an honor for me that people mention me and my senior actress together."

The film will be released on October 27.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7926

Song Hye Gyo's Comeback on the Big Screen   

"Forgiveness and sadness. I want to play the part of a character like that."

After almost four years, actress Song Hye Gyo will return to the big screen in Korea. The reason? She wants to "challenge" herself by making a "transformation".

On September 26 at the Lotte Cinema in Seoul, Song Hye Gyo attended a press conference for her upcoming movie "Today". She said, "At first, [i chose this movie because] I trust Director Lee Jung Hyang. But after reading over the scenario, I was even more enthusiastic."

The challenge of portraying a new type of character moved Song Hye Gyo to take on the role. "It's true that I've only taken really limited and restricted characters before. This time, I want to play a character who I can make. There's no reason why I wouldn't want to do this role," she added.

Song Hye Gyo's casting in the movie was a direct result of a lovecall. "I was always a fan of Director Lee. But after hearing rumors of a completed scenario, I came up to him first. We had this mutual connection and we ended up in an agreement to make this movie together."

"Today" is the tragic story of a woman named Da Hae (Song Hye Gyo) who loses her beloved fiancee on her birthday, due to a hit-and-run motorcycle driver. The movie focuses on the deep scars she carries around with her. A video clip of the movie slipped a few tears here and there.

When asked about the difficulty in portraying emotion, Song Hye Gyo answered, "It's hard to show deep emotion in any touching movie. This movie was special because there were times when I had to show an emotion through an experience which I had never had before. It was hard for me to understand what it would feel like."

At times like those, Director Lee was a big help. She added, "The things that I had trouble with in the beginning repeated, so that was resolved. As I talked with the director, I was about to naturally understand the situation and the acting."

This is Director Lee Jung Hyang's first time picking up the megaphone since the movie "On the Way Home" nine years ago. It will come out on in theaters in Korea next month.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/122467951

Director lee said hye kyo nearly dropped "Today" as grandmaster was delayed again when they were about to agree on filming. She was dissapointed at first that hye kyo 

might not be able to join and has few other actresses in mind,however she said hye kyo and her seems to have a lot of  affinity and hye kyo is still her no 1 choice.

http://tieba.baidu.c...179064798?pn=11

Hye kyo said nam ji hyeon act really well and expressed a little jealousy.Hye kyo said,she joined the industry when she was at junior high and didn't put in a lot of effort in 

learning to act, causing laughter in the room.

Guest Laila085

HyeKyo is too pretty, her skin, her face is just perfect, a little chubby, but so cute :wub:. Im so jealous of her skin.

I love the sisterhood interactions and I love the director LJH :wub:. No male in the movie?

cant really wait for the movie, it seems to be a gloomy and tearjerker movie. !

Thanks to everyone for postings :D .

201109260005491.jpg

2011092613170182611.jpg

201109260005381.jpg

dc

Guest LadyKash

oh my...Kyo's so gorgeous!!!..i love her hair!..did he had hair extensions??..i really wish i could see her new movie..it's been a long time since I've seen her act...

..just dropping by quickly..got to go!!.. take care guys! :)