Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

'Descendants of the Sun' inches up with final quarter remaining

South Korean TV series "Descendants of the Sun" has renewed its viewership record yet again, inching closer to the 40-percent mark that no weeknight show has been able to touch in four years, data showed Friday.

The KBS 2TV drama was watched by 33 percent of viewers across South Korea on Thursday, data by Nielsen Korea showed. In Seoul, where response has been generally greater, the figure was 36.6 percent. Bothare the highest viewership that has ever been reported in the respective regions for this drama.

The series starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo now has four episodes remaining to reach the 40-percent milestone. The previous weekday night drama to have achieved that status was MBC's "Moon Embracing the Sun," which placed "My Love from the Star" actor Kim Soo-hyun in directors' radar and catapulted him to Asia-wide fame.

In episode 12, South Korean special forces captain Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) rescues Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) from her kidnappers in the fictional country of Uruk. For the first time, Kang sees firsthand just how dangerous Yoo's job can be, but she reaffirms her commitment to Yoo, saying, "I'm gonna put up with you."

The remaining four episodes will take place in Seoul, as the team of soldiers and doctors complete their mission in Uruk and fly back to South Korea.

While the experience in the Mediterranean country has brought Yoo and Kang closer, it has seemingly left the other couple, Sgt. Major Seo Dae-young and First Lt. Yun Myeong-ju, fragile.

"Descendants of the Sun" airs Wednesday and Thursday nights at 10 p.m. In China, where the show is simultaneously broadcast, episodes are available on the video website iQiyi.

Source: Yonhapnews

Song Joong Ki Philippines's photo.
  • Like 8

“Descendants of the Sun” Is Not Jin Goo’s First Drama With Song Hye Kyo?

As popularity for the drama “Descendants of the Sun” is hitting the roof, actorsJin Goo and Song Hye Kyo’s past connection is garnering interest.

Jin Goo recently sat down for an interview and opened up about his connection to Song Hye Kyo.

Turns out Jin Goo and Song Hye Kyo had appeared in SBS’s drama from 2003, “All In.” They didn’t have a scene together, but Jin Goo had debuted portraying the younger role of actor Lee Byung Hun’s character.

When questioned about this, Jin Goo commented, “I was honored and had mixture of emotions about reconnecting with her again.”

Jin Goo added, “Song Hye Kyo is actually a year younger than me. But she was already a star when I made my debut and she was loved by many soldiers. I was grateful to be in the same drama as her. She was also a much better actor than I am and I’m glad we got to star in ‘Descendants of the Sun’ together.”

He continued, “I was able to get together at an outing with Song Hye Kyo and we had a chance to reminisce about the past. She said, ‘Oppa, we finally get to work together like this again. It’s been too long.’ I was really moved.”

Jin Goo was asked about Song Hye Kyo’s personality. He commented, “She’s originally a more outgoing, humble, kind, and all-around fun person. But we’re living in times where every word we speak has to be carefully thought out. So, I think she’s more quiet and careful with her words these days.”

Jin Goo and Song Hye Kyo are currently receiving immense love from fans for their portrayal of Sergeant Seo Dae Young and Dr. Kang Mo Yeon, respectively, on “Descendants of the Sun.”

• Like 15

I seriously dont know how I will deal after DOTS ends ....I get used to seeing  kyo every weak .....get used to her sassy confident warm thoughtful spirit ...this is the best female character  has  been  played by hye kyo ....the only thing will help me if she considers another project soon ....or accept to open up little with interviews .....I want her to have also hit films under her belt like her many hit dramas ....I know she is the queen of korean dramas .....but also want her to be the queen of k films

and from now on I hope directors and writers know that hye kyo shines more and  fits  well the strong determined sassy characters ...so hope she will have more scripts with this aspect in her future projects

• Like 5

Guest RoseS

What's Soju's taste but most (99%) K-dramas having for drink and women love it? Of course, DOTS' party, has Soju for Song-Song couple. And Soju models meet together!

Do you remember? The "Descendants of the Sun" Soju models

photo707738.jpg

Only the best can be a model for a liquor brand. Song Joong-ki from "Descendants of the Sun" was chosen to model for a beer brand ad proved how popular he is. Song Hye-kyo who was already a top star since the year 2000 and even Jin Goo, have experience as a model for a liquor brand.

Back then, Song Hye-kyo was drinking Chungha in a Japanese bar. She tasted a shot of Chungha and smiled softly as a blue light appeared on her chest. The blue light then went from people to people which resembled connecting people. The bar became a lively place and Song Hye-kyo narrated, "Chungha's blue light lights up the city and a new story begins".

photo707739.jpg

Song Hye-kyo was a star in 2004 for the KBS 2TV drama "Full House". Doosan Chungha chose her as its model. After the first release of Chungha in 1986, the company stopped using models for its ad in 1999 after Park Joo-mi, Lee Yeong-beom and others. Song Hye-kyo was the first in four years to model for Doosan Chungha again and the response was hot. Song Hye-kyo's unique purity drew the attention of those fans in their 20s and 30s and the brand's sophisticated advertisement was enough to win the hearts of women. Song Hye-kyo's clean and neat image was enough to maximize the concept of the image.

photo707740.jpg

Precious Soju J, precious Song Hye-kyo.

The 'precious' J Soju broke the mould of a noisy and crowded drinking atmosphere with Song Hye-kyo. They created an ad that looked like a stylish fashion show. Song Hye-kyo appeared in the ad, sexy and stylish with her long hair bouncing behind her. The slim and longer designed Soju bottle was also a big hit.

Jinro had said, "Song Hye-kyo helped us to reflect the younger generations tastes in being cool and trendy while being stylish at the same time".

photo707741.jpg

Song Joong-ki who is the man at the moment, was a Soju model 6 years ago. He modeled for Lotte Soju in 2010 with After School's UEE.

It was right before Song Joong-ki starred in the KBS 2TV drama "Sungkyunkwan Scandal". He was just starting to rise as the generations newest faces.

photo707742.jpg

Lotte Soju previously stated, "Song Joong-ki fits the concept of being 'soft and fresh', making the drinking environment a fun and sound one. He also stands well with UEE which is why we decided to double cast them".

Jin Goo was also a Soju model. He appeared in the commercial for Good Day Soju. He was quite different from the Seo Dae-yeong character that he's playing in "Descendants of the Sun".

photo707743.jpg

Jin Goo was a university student in the commercial. He had just admitted to school.

photo707744.jpg

Jin Goo was a good student.

photo707745.jpg

He went on vacation using the scholarship he got from school

photo707746.jpg

He even had relationships with girls on campus

photo707747.jpg

However, above all, Jin Goo loved the drinking sessions he had with his schoolmates

photo707748.jpg

He expressed his joy of drinking with B-Boy steps

photo707749.jpg

Jin Goo wore a cap tilted to the side and put himself to the music

Source : www.wowtv.co.kr/newsc...