Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

16 hours ago, leedonghaek said:

DotS hasn't finished airing yet and I already wonder how many years it'll take for us to see her on TV again. ;)

Don't go there yet...:cry: I'm trying not to think of that..Let's live a day at a time..:tears:

But I thought as a kyonatics, we have master the art of waiting..Waiting for her drama and waiting for unni to get married..:P

giphy.gif

• Like 11

Song Hye-kyo Continues Winning Streak in Hit Soap

Song Hye-kyoSong Hye-kyo

Song Hye-kyo continues her winning streak with KBS' series "Descendants of the Sun" both in Korea and beyond.

Song already has three TV soaps under her belt in her 20-year career that generated more than 40-percent ratings --"Autumn in My Heart" in 2000, "All In" in 2003 and "Full House" in 2004 -- and has starred opposite the country's leading heartthrobs, from Song Seung-hun to Hyun Bin.

One remarkable thing is that she seems impervious to the censoriousness that is still widespread in Korean public life.

She has been involved with most of her male co-stars, openly dating Lee Byung-hun ("All In") and with Hyun Bin ("The World That They Live In") and rumored to be seeing Kang Dong-won ("My Brilliant Life") and even Song Joong-ki, a younger actor who is now appearing in "Descendants of the Sun."

But instead of the usual cries of scandal, people seem to take it in their stride. "She is unfazed by rumors and focuses only on her acting, so she maintains an aura of mysticism, making her virtually bulletproof," says culture critic Ha Jae-geun.

From left, Kang Dong-won, Song Joong-ki and Hyun BinFrom left, Kang Dong-won, Song Joong-ki and Hyun Bin

It helps that she is rather waiflike, which perhaps provokes viewers' protective instincts. At 161 cm according to her official profile she looks smaller and is often paired with taller actors.

"She in many cases ends up having to look up at her male counterparts, and this creates a nice camera angle and makes her look prettier," says one producer.

The success of "Descendants of the Sun" has consolidated the view that Song can do nothing wrong.

Noh Hee-kyung, who wrote "That Winter, the Wind Blows" starring Song in 2013, said, "She is full of potential that exceeds whatever role I create."

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, jjeennyy19 said:

Don't go there yet...:cry: I'm trying not to think of that..Let's live a day at a time..:tears:

But I thought as a kyonatics, we have master the art of waiting..Waiting for her drama and waiting for unni to get married..:P

Aww...sorry for making you sad. I didn't mean to. :(

Yup...we'll always wait..no matter how long it takes. :)

• Like 5

'Older woman younger man' couples trend in Korean dramas

20160329_1459217870_02992800_1_99_201603

"Trust in nuna"... new drama trend 'older woman younger man'

[+294, -47] I don't know about Han Hyo Joo but Song Hye Gyo and Hwang Jung Eum have a way of making their co-stars shine

SHK unnie definitely has a way to make others shine.:wub:

47 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

Yup...we'll always wait..no matter how long it takes. :)

We'll wait even if it takes forever. We love Kyo unnie that much :)

• Like 11

Thank you @gigivillaceran for sharing the Chosun llbo write -up about Hye Kyo. 

English is not my native tongue, the article is written with so many adjectives that I just encountered, so I have to looked at the meaning through google.

And I did not know before that the drama "All in" reached 40 percent in viewership.

Indeed SHK seems to be a very thin and delicate in appearance thats why most people especially kyonatics protects and defend her all the time therefore she is not affected by criticisms.

I like what writter Noh Her-kyung said "SHK is full of potential that exceeds whatecer role I create." 

Somehow it reminds me of the manga/anime Glass Mask.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, hclover96 said:

@utkim dear, I have a feeling that your last straw will fall once we are near the end of DotS :lol:  We still have the sunset/terrace kiss to come :P

kekeke, certainly yes, this last straw is almost broken :lol: . Thanks for the trans dear. 

xqPFf2.jpg

dc

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

@petitemusings I literally live for Hye Kyo's friendship with YAI, he's like the best guy friend that she never had. Thank you UAA for signing UAA into the family.

I was going to put this in the songsong couple's thread but you beat me to it haha! We stalk too much haha 

yes i'm so happy for their friendship! They actually make an effort to see and support one another, it's nice to see since most of kyo's closest friends aren't celebrities. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, petitemusings said:

I was going to put this in the songsong couple's thread but you beat me to it haha! We stalk too much haha 

yes i'm so happy for their friendship! They actually make an effort to see and support one another, it's nice to see since most of kyo's closest friends aren't celebrities. 

actually she used to have loads of celebrity friends, but I think once one changes agencies it gets difficult to keep in touch since nobody knows what the schedules are like. In YAI's case since they share a lot of staff between them it gets a lot easier to keep in touch. Plus their agency only manages the two of them...lol.

• Like 7

Guest RoseS

SHK's Agency seems keeping 'silence' better than protecting her in strong. If protect her in wrong way then.., make a  'scar' that could not be 'erase'!

Anyway, still some things from SHK's agency that am, still disappointing:crazy::w00t:

Happy when someone=Pro. who are protecting actress Song Hye Kyo. Their voices're much much strong than her fans:w00t: My wish come true:D

Guest RoseS

Song Hye Kyo's beautiful , no one can denny(except antifans). That's the reason I like search news which relate to SHK more than SHK's photo(although English not good).

Happy when nearby time, DOTS broadcasting, not many but almost medias have the shows=news, talk show w/positive meaning about SHK, her career: dramas, movie. But antifans seem not watching or 'cover eyes/ears':tears:

Be SHK's fan in late time=after her very popularity films: Full House, All In, Autumn In My Heart....(but watch them over and over until now), TWTWB's her first drama that I watched it at the time broadcast.

But be her big fan:D:D Because she's desevers to be model 'idol'.

Guest RoseS

GOOD NEWS:w00t:

“Descendants of the Sun” Adds One More Week After Finale With Special Episodes

“Descendants of the Sun” Adds One More Week After Finale With Special Episodes

For those fans who just can’t get enough of KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun,” the broadcasting company has announced that there will be an extra week of special episodes following the finale of the drama.

According to a statement from KBS on March 29, the drama is set to air its final episode on April 14. The following week, special episodes will air for three days, from April 20 through the 22.

The first two special episodes will each be 70 minutes long and contain highlight reels. The final special episode will contain behind-the-scenes footage, as well as an epilogue. Following the run of special episodes, KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama, “Master: God of Noodles” will premiere on April 27.

Are you excited to see bonus footage for “Descendants of the Sun”? Make sure you’re caught up by then!

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/29/descendants-of-the-sun-adds-one-more-week-after-finale-with-special-episodes/

Guest RoseS

April 1??????????=old news?:crazy:

“Descendants of the Sun” Cast and Crew to Hold Reunion Party

“Descendants of the Sun” Cast and Crew to Hold Reunion Party

The cast and crew of “Descendants of the Sun” are going to be making an epic reunion!

According to a representative of the drama, lead actors Song Joong Ki andSong Hye Kyo will be meeting with the rest of the cast and crew on April 1 at a restaurant in the Nonhyun-dong neighborhood of Seoul. It will be the first time the entire cast and crew has been in one place since the wrap-up party on December 30 of last year.

Recently, Song Joong Ki, Park Hoon, Kim Min Suk and some of the other actors on the “Alpha Team” met for a meal in Itaewon. However, thanks to individual schedules, it was exceedingly difficult to make a time that worked well for everyone to meet in one place at one time until now.

Meanwhile, “Descendants of the Sun” remains wildly popular, breaking into the 30 percent ratings threshold only 9 episodes in. Are you curious about the hype? Check out the first episode below

Source (1)

42 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

actually she used to have loads of celebrity friends, but I think once one changes agencies it gets difficult to keep in touch since nobody knows what the schedules are like. In YAI's case since they share a lot of staff between them it gets a lot easier to keep in touch. Plus their agency only manages the two of them...lol.

Yeah after the tax scandals i haven't seen her with her celeb friends as much T.T and i wonder sometimes how many friends left because of that. But at least she will know who she can truly call friends now ^^ 

But she looks so happy now! And of course the DoTS cast will be added to her growing list of friends :heart:

just keep glowing and surrounding yourself with positive people kyo unnie! 

• Like 7

Just now, petitemusings said:

Yeah after the tax scandals i haven't seen her with her celeb friends as much T.T and i wonder sometimes how many friends left because of that. But at least she will know who she can truly call friends now ^^ 

But she looks so happy now! And of course the DoTS cast will be added to her growing list of friends :heart:

just keep glowing and surrounding yourself with positive people kyo unnie! 

exactly! good riddance to bad rubbish. Life is too short to worry about the people who are only friends with you while the going is good.! Kyo Unnie and Ah In oppa being friends is enough for me, I don't need some old fake celebs coming back to her who pretend to be her friends now that she's re-cemented her place.

• Like 11

Guest RoseS

16 K-Drama OSTs That Will Bring All the Feels Back

As all the drama addicts out there probably know, a successful drama isn’t exclusively driven by an intricate plot, smooth camerawork, or even a star-studded cast. As a good drama eventually ends and gets replaced by new ones, the most effective way to immediately play a flashback reel of memories and feels is a memorable OST. Inevitably, the most powerful songs sync perfectly with the actors’ emotional performances as well as reach a wide viewership. Although this list doesn’t include every single drama OST out there, let’s take a look at some iconic ones, the ones that can almost automatically bring the drama, with all its feels, to life again in your mind.

“You Are My Everything” – Descendants of the Sun

If you are part of the million or so people already hooked on “Descendants of the Sun” these days, you most definitely are familiar with Gummy’s powerfully raw and emotional voice. You know, the one that plays every single time Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo stare in each other’s eyes, unable to fully confess but really confessing it all already? If you don’t know already, check it out. “Descendants of the Sun” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on KBS2. Catch the latest episode on Viki.