Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

mdolphins said:

@Yeekrfan2 Thanks for all of the photos and I agree with you how you said in the couples you always like Jin Hyuk's character more than their partners. So true for me as well. It was especially true with IY in INR, for a lot of the drama I hated how shallow she was, in the end I hated to watch SH suffer, but she did not deserve him, she and her ex were a matched pair of jerks. I am really looking forward to settling into MDTF.

Also, if you ever see that fanfic translated into English let me know, I would love to read it. I have a serious crush on Kim Won, pink lipstick and all, I think he is super hot.

I stumbled across something funny on Dramabeans, most of you probably read it at the end of the year (2013) but in case some missed it. Wol Ryung/Choi Jin Hyuk won a Beenie Award  for Most Glorious Mane of Glory. One mane to rule them all.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/12/2013-beanie-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-dramas-of-the-year/ 

It was funny that he was the only nominee for the award and in the past years they had characters compete. His hair really was great as WR, I personally want to thank whoever styled him in that drama, his hotness was seriously off the charts!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has been posting so many wonderful articles and photos lately, you guys are the best. I am so glad his thread continues to be active!!!!

Guest Mishiellie

booha said: (one more bit) We heard that the Chinese production was remaking Heirs. He might be a Chinese version of our Wonny@@
kdrama  Heirs => Kim Won

another???

VOILA ^^^^

cr to DC

Guest Mishiellie

p.s just an updateone of my tumblr friend and who was also on the thread before is going to Choi Jin Hyuk's fansigning eventHOWEVER.. I am not sure if the current ferry incident will effect the fansign,. if it will be postponed or cancelled=(so I may or may not get exclusive pictures from her

Guest Mishiellie

@sushine4everhello!!!!!!! and thank you for delurkingmy daughter the Flower is actually one of my fave from Jinhyuk and then it was i need romance (I HATED THE ENDING.. and then girl's choices makes me facepalm)

Guest Mishiellie

[interview] The Four Charms of Choi Jin Hyuk

Choi Jin Hyuk seems to have appeared out of nowhere but he is already in his 9th year in acting. He earned fame by acting as ‘Gu Wol Ryung’ in MBC’s Gu Family Book but that took him eight years. 

Despite starting out by winning the grand prize from KBS’s acting auditionStar Audition in 2006, Choi Jin Hyuk had to build his career for eight years before finally seeing the light. 

From acting as ‘Gu Wol Ryung’ in MBC’s Gu Family Book to playing Lee Min Ho’s older brother ‘Kim Won’ in SBS’s The Heirs and most recently as ‘Oh Chang Min’ in tvN’s Emergency Couple, he has been gathering the interest of many with his ripened acting abilities. 

Meeting with enews in a café near Samcheong-dong, four different charms of Choi Jin Hyuk were explored. 

Choi Jin Hyuk is Honest

Choi Jin Hyuk was honest and straightforward, even for sensitive questions. He was especially objective when it came to questions about his acting abilities or his projects. 

Emergency Couple was about a divorced couple meeting and falling in love with each other again. It was hard to get into the role. Even the other cast members and the director had a hard time agreeing with the storyline. So instead of trying to pull in the viewers’ attention, I spent more time on calculating how I could accept the situation and act it out.”

The storyline of Oh Jin Hee (Song Ji Hyo) falling in love with Oh Chang Min (Choi Jin Hyuk) again once his father died was something that could not easily persuade the viewers. 

Agreeing with this, Choi Jin Hyul said, “At first I couldn’t agree with Oh Chang Min’s character. You have to be thoughtful when a man and a woman come together again, but he was very quick in his decision. I also couldn’t agree with Oh Chang Min and Oh Jin Hee suddenly changing their thoughts upon his father’s death. But I kept trying to think from Chang Min’s point of view and there was a point where things finally started making sense.”

Choi Jin Hyuk appealed with his half moon shaped smile through the drama, creating an image of a ‘romantic guy’ for himself.

“When I don’t talk, people think I’m really cold and that’s stressful for me. Especially when I was a new actor I would often be frozen out of nervousness but people told me I was rude because I wasn’t smiling.”

Sweetness of a Tough Guy

Being 186cm tall, having a muscular body and cold image, Choi Jin Hyuk seems like a tough guy. But in person, he was fit to be called a ‘rom-com king.’ He introduced himself, “Cheery and playful from the bone marrow.”

“I’ve always wanted to do a romantic comedy. I was confident I could do well since it’s closer to my actual personality. (laughter) But every project that was offered was either an action or noir genre. I was offered many projects after acting in The Heirs and Emergency Couple really caught my eyes. I think was drawn to the charms of ‘romantic comedy.’”

Spirit of Never Giving Up

Choi Jin Hyuk went through many things. He started acting by winning the first place in an audition program, but that began his long journey of hardships. 

“I really went a severe period of heartaches. I think I was scolded everyday for about four, five years. Not only about my acting but also the way I talked informally. I would cry alone and get stressed. I thought about quitting acting many times. I even thought about it when I filmed Gu Family Book.

Choi Jin Hyuk considered Gu Family Book as his last chance. He poured in his everything into the drama, acting as the male ‘nine tailed fox.’ The result was a success. He quickly gained fame by ranking his name on top of search engines as soon as he appeared in the drama. It marked the beginning of Choi Jin Hyuk’s era.

Million Dollar Voice

One of the contributing factors to Choi Jin Hyuk’s popularity was his voice. His deep and low voice tone adds weight to his role and attracts viewers’ attention. Choi Jin Hyuk described his voice as ‘the one that echoes in a public bath house’ but his voice surely took away the hearts of many female viewers. 

He is also skilled in singing. He has participated in recording the OST for every project he was in. His OST for Gu Family Book and The Heirs ranked high on the music charts. 

“I don’t think my voice is good but it just echoes more than others.’ (laughter) I dreamed of becoming a singer when I was younger but I like acting more. I think of releasing an album but I want to participate in recording OST when the opportunity comes. I want to continue to interact with the public through good projects.”

Photo credit: enews/ Hea Jung Min

Cr: mwave

@Yeekrfan2   Thank you for all those interesting pictures& gifs    It was nice  to see again about '2013 Beanie Awards'.     CJH mentioned GFB PDnim in one of his latest torrent interviews: How much he wished to work with this pdnim again and he was so grateful for giving him this character.  He sounded genuinely grateful for him.   
 btw  We came back to New Orleans yesterday. Hopefully our staying in this city will not extend to the hurricane season. 

Hello everybody thank you for postings. You probably heard about the ferry sinking accident and tvN cancelled and postponed the volunteer activity.  I'm wondering about his fan meeting(4/27)  whether he has to cancel it.       Very sad time indeed for all those parents. 
‘Emergency Couple’ Team Cancels Community Service Project

‘Emergency Couple’ Team Cancels Community Service Project

The Emergency Couple volunteer project to Boramae Medical Center has been cancelled.

To fulfill a ratings promise, the team of tvN’s Emergency Couple made were scheduled to do community service on April 17 at Boramae Medical Center. However with the entire nation in sadness with the recent sinking of a passenger ship in Jindo, the group decided to fulfill its promise another time and canceled the project.

Newsen spoke with an Emergency Couple rep on April 18, who stated, “We decided that it wouldn’t be right to fulfill a promise immediately with the nation in anguish and canceled the project.”

The rep added, “We haven’t decided when we’ll carry on the promise. For now, it’s postponed.”

Meanwhile, on April 16, the passenger ship SEWOL departed Incheon, headed for Jeju Island. The ship unfortunately had an accident and began to sink. As of April 18 9AM (KST), 179 have been saved, 25 have died, and 271 are still missing.

Photo Credit: CJ E&M

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/64031/emergency-couple-team-cancels-community-service-project

Guest Yi0481

@Yeekrfan2‌ thanks for posting those gifs. Man, Won was really ... Such acerbic wit and dry humor love it! It's a stark contrast from Changmin, glad hat he took on EC as a project. It really showed a different side of him. @Mishiellie‌ thanks for posting the article! Nice to see his insights on EC. It's interesting to note that he didn't quite agree with it, but he made it work. 'Twas good indeed. EC fans.... I guess we weren't the only ones with complaints ey. HAHAHAHAHA~ :))

Guest mdolphins

@Yi0481 said: @Yeekrfan2‌ thanks for posting those gifs. Man, Won was really ... Such acerbic wit and dry humor love it! It's a stark contrast from Changmin, glad hat he took on EC as a project. It really showed a different side of him. @Mishiellie‌ thanks for posting the article! Nice to see his insights on EC. It's interesting to note that he didn't quite agree with it, but he made it work. 'Twas good indeed. EC fans.... I guess we weren't the only ones with complaints ey. HAHAHAHAHA~ :))

@Yeekrfan2 I didn't even see those gifs you posted at the top of this page! Which episode is the scene between Woo Bin and Jin Hyuk? I don't think I saw that scene. And gumiho daddy does deserve a drama of his own. 
@Mishiellie Thanks for that article! JH is quite honest with his thoughts in regards to his roles. He disagreed with something about Heirs too. Can't remember.