Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Some more CJH pictures from Japan Fan Group & CJH HK Fan Group reposted them.

崔振赫香港飯團 Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 HK Fan Group added 2 new photos.

【2017.10.20 ★ 崔振赫日本官網相片更新】
【2017.10.20 ★ Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Offical FanClub Photo Update】

"Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Offical FanClub" 更新
チェ・ジニョク ポスター写真をアップいたしました

※本飯團經得日本官方FanClub授權轉發相片
請勿自行刪除水印,圖片日本官方版權所有

※We (CJHHKFG) have the official authorization from Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Official Fan Club to repost the photos.
The photo copyright belongs to Choi Jin Hyuk Japan Official Fan Club. Reposting, modifying and sharing are strictly prohibited.

※当サイトに掲載されているすべての画像(写真、デザイン)、映像、文章などは著作権の対象となっています。
掲載されている情報の全てについて、無断で使用・転載・複製等することを禁じます。

Cr: choijinhyuk.jp

v07inUk.jpg

orueGym.jpg

• Like 3

@hibiscus23   omg  It’s an interesting article you posted!!  I’m surprised and glad to hear that there is enough interest from Thai people  about Korea so that the Thai government added Korean as the second language to learn.  
Actually I hadn’t thought about visiting Korea in connection with kdrama.  Yes that would be very interesting.  It would be nice to see actual places where some of (my) memorable kdrama scenes happened;  like that famous Myeong-dong shopping street where CJH/SJH took the first shooting on a cold winter January day.  hehe  Just thinking about it made me feeling rather mushy…  seems so long long ago… :tongue:

Okay g-tree left an interesting line at the end which they didn’t translate. I wonder why!! :  #D-12 #이유가_곧_공개됩니다!#커밍순  (#D-12 #Soon the answer will be revealed! #coming soon)

I wonder what is this“#D-12”??  Day 12??  So I counted it and it seems this falls around Nov 2 or 3. I know CJH Japan FM starts Nov 4.  What can be revealed then??   Hoping  he will have a new project.  
I’m so not crazy about his choice of clothes in the pictures…   Maybe he wore different clothes for the shoot   :rolleyes::tongue:

((**Though g-tree translated I’m going to add my own. ))
# Jinhyuk day, coming back again    As it has been a long absence, g-tree prepared a surprise.
Here is a sneak peek at #CJH’s current state ~the glimpse of #CJH waiting next to the camera!!!
What kind of shooting is he doing wearing beautiful clothes?  
#D-12 #The answer will be revealed! #coming soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaktBn0hAed/?taken-by=g_tree_creative

The second photo is from CJH weibo.  Why isn’t he smiling?? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BalWlxGlgNk/?taken-by=choijinhyukhkfangroup

• Like 3

@booha sorry for late rep chingoo, got bz with a lot of things :)thx for sharing those pix, he seems pensive in one of the photos! hmm i luv him in those denim shirts, so h/some! woah he's gg for fan meet in Japan? woah awesome! when is he gg to give us another drama?

Yes indeed interesting artic isn’t it? Can u believe that Thai govt educ min adding K lang officially? Awesome! i know they shot that scene in a cold winter Jan, very professional actors indeed!

Woah spkg of Myeongdong I miss that place, like I said bef it’s like NY it never sleeps, there’s music, lots of food carts, shopping and cheap stuff all around, you’ll go ‘gaga’ hahaha! One of my weaknesses are shoes & omo omo they’re beautiful and you’ll find cheap/expensive ones too, I got a few prs for only $10. I go for bargain in that cheap but nice category hahaha! Bought a beautiful party dress for only $10. w/c is about W10,000 & that’s cheap already if you have US dlrs to spend! I recommend you & @willenetteothers to go experience SK! you'll luv it there! i really want to go again if time permits!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha sorry for late rep chingoo, got bz with a lot of things :)thx for sharing those pix, he seems pensive in one of the photos! hmm i luv him in those denim shirts, so h/some! woah he's gg for fan meet in Japan? woah awesome! when is he gg to give us another drama?

Yes indeed interesting artic isn’t it? Can u believe that Thai govt educ min adding K lang officially? Awesome! i know they shot that scene in a cold winter Jan, very professional actors indeed!

Woah spkg of Myeongdong I miss that place, like I said bef it’s like NY it never sleeps, there’s music, lots of food carts, shopping and cheap stuff all around, you’ll go ‘gaga’ hahaha! One of my weaknesses are shoes & omo omo they’re beautiful and you’ll find cheap/expensive ones too, I got a few prs for only $10. I go for bargain in that cheap but nice category hahaha! Bought a beautiful party dress for only $10. w/c is about W10,000 & that’s cheap already if you have US dlrs to spend! I recommend you & @willenetteothers to go experience SK! you'll luv it there! i really want to go again if time permits!

Hi hibiscus dear - I'm always in Seoul yearly - hahaha - Myeong-dong is one of the primary shopping districts in Seoul with a mixture of street stalls and retail outlet. It's lined with almost every major Korean beauty shops & department stores. That's why, it is one of the busiest places in Seoul because Myeongdong surges with pedestrians. If you're a tourist, you must go in this place because it's located in the heart of the city and caters to Western tastes. This is mostly a commercial area, being one of Seoul's main shopping and tourism districts. Have you been to Insadong, too?  They are quite close to each other. What about Han River, I'm sure you've been there, too. :tongue:

• Like 2

@hibiscus23   Well I would go gaga too with ‘cheap/expensive’ (imitation-brand) shoes for $10.  And a dress for $10!!  That’s how one should experience any shopping frenzy. No care except buying and buying  hehe   In the US before the housing market crash,  there was so  much bubble money.  Every store stocked with so many clothes that one could barely walk though between them. Then at the end of season, there were tons of leftover stuff on sale.  They were so cheap that I didn’t have to worry whether I would actually wear all of them or not.   haha  It was golden days.  Now stores don’t carry much inventory so no good bargain sales at the end.    So thanks for sharing your gaga shopping adventure.  

Where is his new drama really??  Imagine one of them could be the look of his possible new character:wub::wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaU1aoyBLN2/?taken-by=kousuke20031112

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, booha said:

@hibiscus23   Well I would go gaga too with ‘cheap/expensive’ (imitation-brand) shoes for $10.  And a dress for $10!!  That’s how one should experience any shopping frenzy. No care except buying and buying  hehe   In the US before the housing market crash,  there was so  much bubble money.  Every store stocked with so many clothes that one could barely walk though between them. Then at the end of season, there were tons of leftover stuff on sale.  They were so cheap that I didn’t have to worry whether I would actually wear all of them or not.   haha  It was golden days.  Now stores don’t carry much inventory so no good bargain sales at the end.    So thanks for sharing your gaga shopping adventure.  

Where is his new drama really??  Imagine one of them could be the look of his possible new character:wub::wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaU1aoyBLN2/?taken-by=kousuke20031112

Hi booha, does he have a new drama? Well, who doesn't love to see him in another drama, huh? It mentions here about November 4 - what's significant about this date, huh? Thanks for sharing these IG pictures. :tongue:I like that!

• Like 2

@booha yes my chingoo it's hard and it's tempting to shop at Myeongdong distr and like u said in the US once bargain hunting starts esp during Black Friday right you'll see ppl liing up for good bargains, but in SK u don't hv to wait for BF hahaha just visit Myeongdong, Nandameun market, the latter is more of a variety district with souvenirs, food, grocery and ahjummas selling veggies/fruits/fresh fish & everything from those i mentioned & some retail clothing stores as well! i'm sure our chingoo willenette experienced Nandameun and Dongdameun also!

@willenette i envy u chingoo for gg to SK every year! i know isn't that amazing at Myeongdong? i just luv the place and when my sis & i went there we were probab there practically everyday if i remember correctly! LOL You must hv gone also to Nami Island where they filmed Winter Sonata? we enjoyed it there too, lots of tourists eh? One of my regrets wld be that we didn't go to Busan or Jeju do bc of limited time! oh well hopefully next time :)

yeah is he gg for another new drama? we can't wait right? :)

as always thnx for sharing his handsome photos! i hvnt really browsed right now & will chk out the link later! TTYL chingoos

where's ev.body here? hahaha a lot of MIAs bz with new dramas?

• Like 1

@willenette

I think the Japan fan meeting will be Nov 4.    Btw CJH agency said in the last IG, CJH was shooting something and soon we would find what it was about.  It could be about the coming Japan FM or (my prayer) his new project??
 Thank you always for sharing about Korea.  
Wow I just googled about “Insadong”   fantastic!  

@hibiscus23  ohuuu  I'm checking out other places too: Hongdae / Myeongdong/ Bukchon hanok village / Dongdaemun (& Nandameun ) markets 

mnaVgVi.gif

Insadong Korea: Insadong- images

wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insa-dong

gzlrkde.jpg

Spoiler

Insa-dong is a dong, or neighborhood of the Jongno-gu district of the South Korean city of Seoul. The main street is Insadong-gil, which is connected to a multitude of alleys that lead deeper into the district,[1] with modern galleries and tea shops.[2] At one time it was the largest market for antiques and artworks in Korea.[3]

In area, 12.7 hectares (or 31.4 acres),[4] the district is bordered by Gwanhun-dong to the north, Nagwon-dong to the east, and Jongno 2-ga and Jeokseon-dong to the south, and Gongpyeong-dong to the west.[5]

History
Insadong was originally two towns whose names ended in the syllables "In" and "Sa". They were divided by a stream which ran along Insadong's current main street. Insadong began 500 years ago as an area of residence for government officials.[6] During the early period of the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897), the place belonged to Gwanin-bang and Gyeonpyeong-bang - bang was the name of an administrative unit during the time[7] - of Hanseong (old name for the capital, Seoul).[5] During the Japanese occupation, the wealthy Korean residents were forced to move and sell their belongings, at which point the site became an area of trading in antiques. After the end of the Korean War, the area became a focus of South Korea's artistic and cafe life.[6] It was a popular destination among foreign visitors to South Korea during the 1960s, who called the area "Mary's Alley".[8] It gained in popularity with international tourists during the 1988 Seoul Olympics.[6] In 2000 the area was renovated,[9][10] and, after protest, the rapid modernization of the area was halted for two years beginning that year.[6] In recent years the backstreets of Insadong have continued to be gentrified with cafes, garden restaurants, and traditional pension-style accommodations.

Sights
nsadong-gil is "well known as a traditional street to both locals and foreigners"[11] and represents the "culture of the past and the present".[12] It contains a mixture of historical and modern atmosphere and is a "unique area of Seoul that truly represents the cultural history of the nation."[11] The majority of the traditional buildings originally belonged to merchants and bureaucrats. Some larger residences, built for retired government officials during the Joseon period, can also be seen. Most of these older buildings are now used as restaurants or shops. Among the historically significant buildings located in the area are Unhyeongung mansion, Jogyesa - one of the most significant Korean Buddhist temples, and one of Korea's oldest Presbyterian churches.[4]

The area is well known for sightseeing, with approximately 100,000 visitors on Sundays reported in 2000.[6] Insadong is also a visiting spot for foreign dignitaries such as Queen Elizabeth II and the princes of Spain and the Netherlands.[13] It contains 40 percent of the nation's antique shops and art galleries as well as 90 percent of the traditional stationery shops.[14] Particularly noteworthy is Tongmungwan,[15] the oldest bookstore in Seoul, and Kyung-in Art Gallery,[16] the oldest tea house. There are daily calligraphy demonstrations and pansori dancing performances.[17]

Ssamzigil, a shopping mall that concentrates in specialty stores of handcrafts, is also a prominent destination in Insadong. It opened in 2004.[18]

https://lifetoreset.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/insa-dong/

Night time Souvenir Shopping at Insa-dong & Visit to Jogyesa Temple, Seoul, South Korea

"Historically, Insa-dong is the original “art” neighborhood of Seoul. A famous hang-out place for painters and art students during the Joseon Dynasty, but these days it is more of a souvenir shopping bazaar though more arts and crafts shop can be found."

Spoiler

j3Ipy6P.jpg

YIUzrpj.jpg

another interesting blog about Insadong:

http://www.myseoulsearching.com/2016/09/best-things-to-do-insadong-seoul.html

Cheers!

Although Insadong’s nightlife options are limited — most places shut down around 9pm — there are a few makgeolli (Korean rice wine) pubs that are worth visiting. The best in the neighborhood is Story of the Blue Star, a hidden gem located just a stone’s throw from the subway station.

Adorned by colorful prayer flags, smiling Buddhas and old movie posters (many of which feature the actor-turned-owner’s previous film and theatrical productions), the pub is rustic, unpretentious and popular with rowdy businessmen. Fresh makgeolli is served Korean style, in brass kettles, and pairs well with the kimchi dubu, homemade kimchi and tofu pyramids.

Spoiler

8ell1Ld.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha yes my chingoo it's hard and it's tempting to shop at Myeongdong distr and like u said in the US once bargain hunting starts esp during Black Friday right you'll see ppl liing up for good bargains, but in SK u don't hv to wait for BF hahaha just visit Myeongdong, Nandameun market, the latter is more of a variety district with souvenirs, food, grocery and ahjummas selling veggies/fruits/fresh fish & everything from those i mentioned & some retail clothing stores as well! i'm sure our chingoo willenette experienced Nandameun and Dongdameun also!

@willenette i envy u chingoo for gg to SK every year! i know isn't that amazing at Myeongdong? i just luv the place and when my sis & i went there we were probab there practically everyday if i remember correctly! LOL You must hv gone also to Nami Island where they filmed Winter Sonata? we enjoyed it there too, lots of tourists eh? One of my regrets wld be that we didn't go to Busan or Jeju do bc of limited time! oh well hopefully next time :)

yeah is he gg for another new drama? we can't wait right? :)

as always thnx for sharing his handsome photos! i hvnt really browsed right now & will chk out the link later! TTYL chingoos

where's ev.body here? hahaha a lot of MIAs bz with new dramas?

Hi hibiscus,  Nami Island is fantastic with lots of fun things to do! It's breathtaking.  Busan has recently been gaining attraction and now sees a steady flow of tourists. There, I could say that the city is a more chilled out, relaxed version of the populated Seoul.  Shinsegae Mall is there, the world’s largest shopping complex. A day might not even be enough to cover the entire shopping centre. Shinsegae is almost like a gigantic outlet mall, with tons of branded items. If you get tired of shopping, the spa services within the mall are affordable. :tongue:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, booha said:

@willenette

I think the Japan fan meeting will be Nov 4.    Btw CJH agency said in the last IG, CJH was shooting something and soon we would find what it was about.  It could be about the coming Japan FM or (my prayer) his new project??
 Thank you always for sharing about Korea.  
Wow I just googled about “Insadong”   fantastic!  

@hibiscus23  ohuuu  I'm checking out other places too: Hongdae / Myeongdong/ Bukchon hanok village / Dongdaemun (& Nandameun ) markets 

mnaVgVi.gif

Insadong Korea: Insadong- images

wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insa-dong

Reveal hidden contents

Insa-dong is a dong, or neighborhood of the Jongno-gu district of the South Korean city of Seoul. The main street is Insadong-gil, which is connected to a multitude of alleys that lead deeper into the district,[1] with modern galleries and tea shops.[2] At one time it was the largest market for antiques and artworks in Korea.[3]

In area, 12.7 hectares (or 31.4 acres),[4] the district is bordered by Gwanhun-dong to the north, Nagwon-dong to the east, and Jongno 2-ga and Jeokseon-dong to the south, and Gongpyeong-dong to the west.[5]

History
Insadong was originally two towns whose names ended in the syllables "In" and "Sa". They were divided by a stream which ran along Insadong's current main street. Insadong began 500 years ago as an area of residence for government officials.[6] During the early period of the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897), the place belonged to Gwanin-bang and Gyeonpyeong-bang - bang was the name of an administrative unit during the time[7] - of Hanseong (old name for the capital, Seoul).[5] During the Japanese occupation, the wealthy Korean residents were forced to move and sell their belongings, at which point the site became an area of trading in antiques. After the end of the Korean War, the area became a focus of South Korea's artistic and cafe life.[6] It was a popular destination among foreign visitors to South Korea during the 1960s, who called the area "Mary's Alley".[8] It gained in popularity with international tourists during the 1988 Seoul Olympics.[6] In 2000 the area was renovated,[9][10] and, after protest, the rapid modernization of the area was halted for two years beginning that year.[6] In recent years the backstreets of Insadong have continued to be gentrified with cafes, garden restaurants, and traditional pension-style accommodations.

Sights
nsadong-gil is "well known as a traditional street to both locals and foreigners"[11] and represents the "culture of the past and the present".[12] It contains a mixture of historical and modern atmosphere and is a "unique area of Seoul that truly represents the cultural history of the nation."[11] The majority of the traditional buildings originally belonged to merchants and bureaucrats. Some larger residences, built for retired government officials during the Joseon period, can also be seen. Most of these older buildings are now used as restaurants or shops. Among the historically significant buildings located in the area are Unhyeongung mansion, Jogyesa - one of the most significant Korean Buddhist temples, and one of Korea's oldest Presbyterian churches.[4]

The area is well known for sightseeing, with approximately 100,000 visitors on Sundays reported in 2000.[6] Insadong is also a visiting spot for foreign dignitaries such as Queen Elizabeth II and the princes of Spain and the Netherlands.[13] It contains 40 percent of the nation's antique shops and art galleries as well as 90 percent of the traditional stationery shops.[14] Particularly noteworthy is Tongmungwan,[15] the oldest bookstore in Seoul, and Kyung-in Art Gallery,[16] the oldest tea house. There are daily calligraphy demonstrations and pansori dancing performances.[17]

Ssamzigil, a shopping mall that concentrates in specialty stores of handcrafts, is also a prominent destination in Insadong. It opened in 2004.[18]

https://lifetoreset.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/insa-dong/

Night time Souvenir Shopping at Insa-dong & Visit to Jogyesa Temple, Seoul, South Korea

"Historically, Insa-dong is the original “art” neighborhood of Seoul. A famous hang-out place for painters and art students during the Joseon Dynasty, but these days it is more of a souvenir shopping bazaar though more arts and crafts shop can be found."

Reveal hidden contents

j3Ipy6P.jpg

YIUzrpj.jpg

another interesting blog about Insadong:

http://www.myseoulsearching.com/2016/09/best-things-to-do-insadong-seoul.html

Cheers!

Although Insadong’s nightlife options are limited — most places shut down around 9pm — there are a few makgeolli (Korean rice wine) pubs that are worth visiting. The best in the neighborhood is Story of the Blue Star, a hidden gem located just a stone’s throw from the subway station.

Adorned by colorful prayer flags, smiling Buddhas and old movie posters (many of which feature the actor-turned-owner’s previous film and theatrical productions), the pub is rustic, unpretentious and popular with rowdy businessmen. Fresh makgeolli is served Korean style, in brass kettles, and pairs well with the kimchi dubu, homemade kimchi and tofu pyramids.

Reveal hidden contents

8ell1Ld.jpg

Hi booha, so his Japan FM will be on November 4. I don't think CJH is filming a drama right now - it might be a CF or as what you said something related to his upcoming FM. I've some K-friends who just arrived from Seoul & they told me that it's very cold now there but till manageable.  It's autumn.....and it is raining (not that hard though) sometimes. Having been to Seoul, Tokyo & Shanghai I can testify that Seoul is significantly colder than Tokyo, and much colder than Shanghai I guess due to it being further north. Koreans have very warm and effectively heated houses, and there's a traditional form of heating houses called ondol.  According to my friends, the evenings seem to get down to chilly temps. They say you don't need more than a lightweight jacket. It's too cold to walk around in just a long-sleeve shirt now. The weather is pleasant most of the time but now the weather is getting quite cold. :tongue:

• Like 2

@willenette i'm sure you'd been to Nami Is too, wasn't it fantastic? we were there for almost all day and just having fun & sat down for some K foods in the island! it's funny like their famous ginger chicken was one of the menus when we went to this Nami resto (in the island) and it must also be one of their specialties so the waitress assumed we'll order the boiled ginger chicken or i think called dak gom tang and my sis is a small eater so she was just sorta surprised when we looked around the chicken wld be good for i think 3 or 4 ppl LOL so we just told her in broken hangeul (w/my little pocketbook of K lang w/me) to give us a small portion & the waitress just smiled at us! LOL anyway i regret not taking a trip to Busan, one of the bank tellers where i live is fr Busan & she tells me all about the nice things there n she said to make sure include Busan in our itin nxt time! she said if i like seafood that's THE place! i agree w/you Seol is too populated, traffic cld be horrendous too! btw we experienced Shinsegae mall in Seol & yes this one is big enough for me i think & i luvd that fast food d/stairs where they had a huge selection of bread, pastries, dumplings etc. I think Lotte dept store is also one that is quite huge & popular in the city! i'm not really into branded stuff i'm happy if i can shop at Myeongdong hahaha but to kinda window shop it was fun! Did you enjoy Lotte World as well? woah that place was huge but it was rainy when we went so we didn't get to explore outdoors so much but we did enjoy the night parade! i envy you if you go every year! woah take me in your suitcase ok? hahaha

@booha hehehe ok chingoo yes Insadong and Gangnam is where a lot of celebs live which is an expensive spot in SK! there's another place am sure our chingoo willenette remembers this place i'm not sure about the spelling but it's a trendy shopping area too in Apgeujeong? a busy place too for tourists but it's really not my spot hahaha for shopping that is, i'm more of a bargain hunter hahaha! here's a YT vid for you of Myeongdong:

love love their streetfood esp the fish stick n they're so cheap! not sure if you have Paris Baguette there in Chicago but it's a really nice bake shop and the name speaks for itself mostly i believe patterned from French recipes that's why n it's yummy!

more next time and our chingoo willenette can tell us more about SK since she goes there every year! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette i'm sure you'd been to Nami Is too, wasn't it fantastic? we were there for almost all day and just having fun & sat down for some K foods in the island! it's funny like their famous ginger chicken was one of the menus when we went to this Nami resto (in the island) and it must also be one of their specialties so the waitress assumed we'll order the boiled ginger chicken or i think called dak gom tang and my sis is a small eater so she was just sorta surprised when we looked around the chicken wld be good for i think 3 or 4 ppl LOL so we just told her in broken hangeul (w/my little pocketbook of K lang w/me) to give us a small portion & the waitress just smiled at us! LOL anyway i regret not taking a trip to Busan, one of the bank tellers where i live is fr Busan & she tells me all about the nice things there n she said to make sure include Busan in our itin nxt time! she said if i like seafood that's THE place! i agree w/you Seol is too populated, traffic cld be horrendous too! btw we experienced Shinsegae mall in Seol & yes this one is big enough for me i think & i luvd that fast food d/stairs where they had a huge selection of bread, pastries, dumplings etc. I think Lotte dept store is also one that is quite huge & popular in the city! i'm not really into branded stuff i'm happy if i can shop at Myeongdong hahaha but to kinda window shop it was fun! Did you enjoy Lotte World as well? woah that place was huge but it was rainy when we went so we didn't get to explore outdoors so much but we did enjoy the night parade! i envy you if you go every year! woah take me in your suitcase ok? hahaha

@booha hehehe ok chingoo yes Insadong and Gangnam is where a lot of celebs live which is an expensive spot in SK! there's another place am sure our chingoo willenette remembers this place i'm not sure about the spelling but it's a trendy shopping area too in Apgeujeong? a busy place too for tourists but it's really not my spot hahaha for shopping that is, i'm more of a bargain hunter hahaha! here's a YT vid for you of Myeongdong:

love love their streetfood esp the fish stick n they're so cheap! not sure if you have Paris Baguette there in Chicago but it's a really nice bake shop and the name speaks for itself mostly i believe patterned from French recipes that's why n it's yummy!

more next time and our chingoo willenette can tell us more about SK since she goes there every year! :)

hibiscus, dear, I visit the place yearly because my BF is a Korean, it's just that they're based in US.....Ye, the island has lots of food options, from the sit-down restaurant to food tents. During my 1st visit there I also strolled the island for a day but last year I was only there around 3 hours.  There is a fair selection of restaurants on the island but I personally recommend to try dining at Seomhyanggi for lunch in your next visit. It’s located at the center of Nami Island with some other restaurant and cafe. There is indoor and outdoor dining area, but I usually sit outside so I can view around and feel the cold breeze (I'm always in Seoul during December so, it's winter there). This is a self-service restaurant, so you need to go to the cashier and then order and pay it directly. There are some side dish and drinks that you can take as much as you want. The signature dishes in Seomhyanggi are BBQ Chicken and BBQ Pork Belly. Your order comes with lettuce to wrap the barbecued meat. You can order rice separately. I ordered BBQ chicken since I don't eat pork & beef. The food is delicious. Even though it’s a little bit pricey with the small portion, it’s still worth a visit and I recommend you to experience Korean BBQ at Seomhyanggi when you visit Nami Island again. :tongue:

There's also Lotte Dept. Store in Busan aside from Seoul. So many of them in Korea but the main is located in Myeongdong. Ye, I enjoyed Lotte World. My 1st there was when I watched the filming of Stairway to Heaven starring Kwon Sang Woo.....That was filmed in Lotte World. This place is very crowded, right? I advice you should not exchange money in this crowded place. The Department Store is composed of 14 stories, right? Have you checked the supermarket? The supermarket downstairs is cool to check out. You know, Korean Department Stores usually have a food court on the basement floor and restaurants on the top floors. I love going here because toilets are clean and very accessible. Please realize that English isn't a standard out there in Seoul, so you'll have some difficulty. :D

Apgujeong-dong is considered one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in South Korea.  The area is filled with upscale department stores & shops.  Here, big names etch themselves onto designer shops. In Apgujeong, prices are high. Apgujeong-dong is the most hip place in Seoul. It also has its own subway station and the famous Rodeo Street! :D

Streetfood in Myeongdong is daebak!  South Korea is the land of appetizing and affordable street food that you can find at markets, subway stations and from what they ‘pojangmacha’ – (street carts along popular areas.) During my last visit, which was last year, I realized that the number of street food stalls along the key Myeongdong Shopping Street has increased.  I made it a point to try 3 or 4 different ones in a week I was there. NICE that many stalls provide an English menu.  But, you know, stalls could change location, or serve varied items depending on the season. I love the deep friend battered shrimp - that's also in stick! :)

Paris Baguette can be found all over South Korea. You are 100% guaranteed to bump into this place somewhere on the street as there are many of them there. Every time I am in Korea, I come here almost every day to get some breakfast or snack. It’s just convenient and there are locations that open 24 hours. They have a few locations inside the Incheon Airport. It’s not the best bakery in Seoul but it sure is convenient. :blush:

• Like 2

@willenette our dear chingoo.....woah that's why you're there every yr! hmmm b/f is Korean how about that chingoo @booha did you know this already? hehehe

i think Dec would be nice too esp around xmas right since SK is very creative, with lights & stuff!

i agree Apgeujong is a very expensive & v trendy N heard a lot of celebs aside fr Gangnam live there right? i experienced Rodeo but we didn't stay long! u know one of my faves in SK wld be there yummy roasted sweet potatoes that we often see in kdramas, plus their fish in sticks, ahhh i miss those! i'm sure you'd explored Nandaemun Mkt as well if you hvnt tried their veggie pao not sure how they termed it but woah it's always long queue coz of it's goodness, popular among locals & v inexpensive! :) i can eat a lot of those in one sitting hahaha

I enjoyed Shinsagae as well and you're right the basement is where you'll find foodstuff and upstairs are mostly dept stores and restos!

i'll surely remember gg to that place  Seomhyanggi when we go back to Nami Is God willing nxt time!

yes Lotte W is where STH drama was filmed & that's actually how i urged my sis to go there since i recall that scene of KSW & CJW in that famous carousel scene! :) yes indeed a v crowded place! when we went there we got some Won already exchanged before arriving and we did go to one of the banks in SK when i thought i needed to exchange some more :)

yes....yes... i luv Myeongdong it's really daebak! really lots of streetfood carts now? we always hangout in that district bc it was a happy/cheerful place in SK! i don't recall seeing the battered shrimp though we probab missed it :( . One of the places i enjoyed when we went were some visits to the palaces there one of them Gwongjeong palace, woah it was marvelous!

yes Paris B. is all over SK and they have some in the US now too which i frequent when i can! did you ever try their coffee buns? awww i luvd those! hahaha

i think you & i can go on & on with all the goodies we both experienced in that country! overall, SK will be one of my fave places in the universe!

you spoke about ondol what a concept in that country to have those heated floors eh? i wld luv that hahaha really SK is colder than Japan? i've been to Japan but during spring time and to Taiwan again during spring but not in Shanghai i wld love to experience the latter as it's also a beautiful place to visit! :)

i quite apprec your tips and experiences in being in SK every year, it's worth having a Kor b/f hahaha just kidding! you must know how to speak and u/stand hangeul am sure :)

@booha so chingoo Nov 4th is his trip? that's nice to know!

changing-of-the-guard-gyeongbok-palace-2

Gyeongbok Palace in Seoul (i loved their exhibition/parade) it was a great experience

• Like 1

4904984f9d496543006630115e53d6c1.jpg

[OSEN = Min Kyung-Hoon] The 12th Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign charity event was held at the 'Dragon Korea Korea' Seoul Dragon City Sky Bridge in Yongsan-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 27th Oct 2017 Choi Jin-hyeok posing in photo wall ./rumi@osen.co.kr

7b16915f94bfa15810855878f6bb586d.jpg83b787a8b4d78972b34fde1d6053754d.jpg

• Like 3

f675b351c4292ab34b36f2546ac10f5f.jpge395d302f40089b58c336f482f388d71.jpgf2fe38caae7f8a56d4966d1d809132b4.jpg

Spoiler

a2a1b15082916581d1013a9b1acf9a03.jpg4db52804cea3a742bcaa02454b1e041c.jpgd7a1581eb603d716fbfaf27ec2fd93e3.jpg386e7d1f48fbea6a06ec932cfa8aa556.jpg19c77c910b9acee034b2fdded7f15577.jpg

Actor Choi Jin-hyuk attended the 12th Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign sponsored by fashion magazine Woolee Korea on July 27 at 'Seoul Dragon City' in Yongsan, Seoul. (Google translated )

Source. NAVER

• Like 2

@willenette @hibiscus23

NfZMUhC.gif

Hahaha I thought I was going to die watching “StreetFood” video. :confounded:   Being a hard core foodie, it was sheer torment. :confounded::confounded:   I really wanted to dive into the screen and snatch the food they were eating.  Wow so many different dishes and they all looked good.  In YT there are so many more ‘Street Food’ videos but I tried hard to restrain myself from watching them.  :bawling:   Otherwise I might have to fly to Korea 

Thank you so much for more info about Korea.  I only had a quick glimpse of the latest  postings but later I would like to read them more leisurely.   So much to look through   B):lol:

6 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

[OSEN = Min Kyung-Hoon] The 12th Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign charity event was held at the 'Dragon Korea Korea' Seoul Dragon City Sky Bridge in Yongsan-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 27th Oct 2017 Choi Jin-hyeok posing in photo wall ./rumi@osen.co.kr

Thank you  for posting photos.  It’s about time CJH made a public appearance.  

This was a charity event by WKorea (( ** I assume W stands for women))  for breast cancer awareness  with a Halloween theme.   ((  @wkorea - #LoveYourW #W할로윈   ))

((** Lovable Jung Yong Hwa’s tata motion.  Humm could JHssi do like that in future?!!  ))

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bav2Ubog19B/?taken-by=wkorea

**Gtree posted
It has been a long time since he made a public appearance  #Jin Hyuk actor #Wkorea <The 12th Breast Cancer Awareness Promotion Campaign> The photo of cool Choi Jin-hyuk !!
And Jin Hyuk wishes for a pleasant weekend~  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BawFTiEh-L3/?taken-by=g_tree_creative

** A Japanese fan posted this IG video clip(from @wkorea)  with ‘finding JHssi’   & then someone spotted him  hehe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BawLdzknEyV/?taken-by=0209hiromi

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaxjLCpBQ-c/?taken-by=mandyyip_hk

• Like 1

**CJH posted this strange photo.  Why blonde?? :wacko::unsure: 
I got so bored while getting my hair done…
#selfy in a hundred years #like a woman #It’s not from today #yesterday

** The picture is from Japan Fan Group.
ファンミーティングまであと10日。一生懸命準備中です!
Fifteen more days to fan meeting. I am preparing so hard!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaxdQNHFigs/?taken-by=choijinhyukhkfangroup

• Like 1
  • LOL 1