Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

3 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette chingoo nice to hear fr you and you're welcome! sorry i'm a bit absent fr this site but he's not forgotten of course! i know Chuseok in SK is one of the biggest celebs & one of our friends who's Korean often share a bit of their tradition & i really am v impressed with their rich culture/tradition! i really get that strong feeling of their bonding, how they pay respects to their ancestors etc. Yes it is i gathered also celebrated in China! How is wish that nxt time we go to SK it will be around this time to experience this celebration! :tongue: esp their yummy foods ...incidentally just over the w/end my sis & i went for some K foods & luv luv their variety of ban chans (side dishes) awwwww i can eat those everyday even if i didn't have to have the main course LOL! 

Spkg of hanbok i tried to find a photo of CJH in hanbok so i can post it here together w/the Chuseok image but all i cld find was his Gu family costume online & we know it's Woolrung's outfit so w/c is not really appropriate here? hahaha

hisbiscus, Korea celebrates Chuseok on different dates yearly - They always celebrate this on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar on the full moon. Even if I visit the place yearly, I still haven't experienced celebrating Chuseok there since I'm always there during winter time, which is December.....Oh, Banchan - are you referring to Kimchi?  It's one of side dishes/banchans. There's also marinated mung bean sprouts, stir-fried dried anchovies, dried shredded squid, stir-fried glass noodles - K-restaurants always serve those tasty, complimentary sides. They could very well have been the best part of the meal; banchan is eaten at practically every meal in Korea. About Hanbok, I haven't seen CJH yet on hanbok - hahaha - I hope booha could get to share it with us here in case she has one..... :tongue:

• Like 4

@willenette chingoo i envy you for gg there often in SK, ahhh yes you're so right it depends on the moon or lunar year! i really admire their rich culture/tradition esp their respects for elders etc. i love seeing the young or adult children bowing to the elderly!

yes banchan cld be anything from kimchi, daikon, sprouts, fish cakes ahhhh i luv all of them LOL and you must know that when you go eat at Kor restos & you want to hv 2nd of their banchan they will gladly give it to you generously w/o extra charge hahaha my fave will be kal bi, bulgogi (the latter i've eaten & tried this dish even before i got hooked on kdramas yrs ago) LOL i luv their food! When we went to SK i was amazed how cheap they charged in K restos & v generous with portions eh? woah i can't wait to go back for a vacation and this time i'd like to go to Busan or Jedu do!

Yeah i tried so hard to look for his photo in hanbok to no avail! hahaha yeah maybe @booha can find one you guys are very resourceful indeed!

see you later & let's wish SK a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING/HAENG BOKHAN CHUSEOK ESP TO CHOI JIN HYUK & HIS LOVED ONES!!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette chingoo i envy you for gg there often in SK, ahhh yes you're so right it depends on the moon or lunar year! i really admire their rich culture/tradition esp their respects for elders etc. i love seeing the young or adult children bowing to the elderly!

yes banchan cld be anything from kimchi, daikon, sprouts, fish cakes ahhhh i luv all of them LOL and you must know that when you go eat at Kor restos & you want to hv 2nd of their banchan they will gladly give it to you generously w/o extra charge hahaha my fave will be kal bi, bulgogi (the latter i've eaten & tried this dish even before i got hooked on kdramas yrs ago) LOL i luv their food! When we went to SK i was amazed how cheap they charged in K restos & v generous with portions eh? woah i can't wait to go back for a vacation and this time i'd like to go to Busan or Jedu do!

Yeah i tried so hard to look for his photo in hanbok to no avail! hahaha yeah maybe @booha can find one you guys are very resourceful indeed!

see you later & let's wish SK a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING/HAENG BOKHAN CHUSEOK ESP TO CHOI JIN HYUK & HIS LOVED ONES!!!!

hisbiscus, they bow to show the most respect. Koreans typically give their older family members a big bow (keunjeol) on Lunar New Years (설날 – seollal) and the Harvest Festival (추석 – Chuseok). But, this traditional greeting isn't only done in Korea. Bows are also the traditional greeting in East Asia, particularly in Japan, China, and Vietnam.  It's just that In China and Vietnam shaking hands or a slight bow have become more popular than a full bow. The bow is the traditional Korean greeting, although it is often accompanied by a handshake among men.  Korean women usually nod slightly and will not shake hands with Western men. When meeting someone in an informal setting in Korea, just a slight tilt of the head is usually ok. This simple bow is also used when saying hello, bye and thank you ... Although the culture around hugging is changing, hugging in Korea is generally reserved for couplesUsually, a younger person bows first. My K-BF told me that the most difficult Korean habit to break was bowing. But, you will rarely see close friends bowing to one another, for example, unless they are of a certain age or in a public arena. It is polite to return bows if you are receiving one, unless you’re an obvious seniorExchange of name cards and business cards are common in Korea, and you’ll find yourself in situations when you’ll be exchanging cards and bowing at the same time. Note that Korean women generally don’t offer handshakes first. Actually, there are different bows in Korea.  Casual Bow is a brief head nod.  Respectful 30º ~ 45º Bow is the most common, this is the standard bow.  “Belly-button” Bow is the “belly-button” bow (배꼽인사). This is the formal respectful bow that is mostly used by women in uniform, like flight attendants and salespeople. :tongue:

Busan is a NICE place - this is South Korea's second most-popular city after Seoul.  Busan is a seaside town that's why, so many beaches and seafood there.  So many tourist attractions, too.  They have their own international airport called Gimhae Airport.  Jeju has long been the country's favorite domestic holiday destination.  Here, the top island destination is undoubtedly the picturesque Jeju IslandThis is also known as the "Island of the Gods," as this is a popular vacation spot for Koreans and many Japanese. It remains one of the top honeymoon destinations... :D

• Like 3

@willenette woah chingoo you know a great deal of SK tradition/culture, 2 thumbs up for you on how well knowledgeable you are about them, i have a lot more to pay attention too but yes i noticed that so-called belly button bow where approx almost half of their body are bowing esp with elders and/or high ranking officials :) I really love their rich culture/tradition and yes Chinese/Japanese etc in EA for that matter!

ah i know Busan is one of the biggest cities and seeing places like this one in kdramas with lots of seafood and noticeably the squids being hanged like clothes hahaha i just love to see Busan in the future; oh my Jeju yes it's like one of their popular vacations bc of the fantastic scenic views and warm temps --- the honeymoon capital we can say for SK! :D

I just love SK, it's a beautiful beautiful country!!!:heart:

• Like 3

@willenette  @hibiscus23

Dear chingu chingu  I enjoyed reading you two latest conversations.   And thank you.   Yeah  I have  been MIA lately.    Last month we sold our house and bought a new house in a different town.  This moving became mired with so many problems.   I didn’t realize how much stuff we had accumulated over the years.  At least we finished moving the last stuff last weekend.  Now we are living with unpacked boxes  and it will be awhile before everything will settle down  but I am happy  to know it’s over.  :expressionless:
It’s already Oct yet there is no news about CJH’s next project.   Could it mean CJH will not be in any winter drama…   sad  :cold_sweat:

from Jin Hyukssi IG:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@booha chingu chingu ya nice to see u here, i've been an MIA for a while myself so no worries we all cld get busy & glad your moving is done and no worries before you know it you'll get things settled in no time! :) moving is not easy we believe you & it cld be tiring am sure! well our CJH must be relaxing somewhere away from the maddening crowd hahaha, he deserves to take a bit of a rest n yeah it sounds like he won't hv a winter drama :( or is he gg to surprise us? :wub:

thx for sharing those IG pix, cute dog he's got eh?

@willenette chingu what's up? are you watching some new dramas perhaps? :) am watching some old dramas of my other inspiration hahaha i hv to catch up w/his old dramas (like i did with CJH when i started liking him) and 2 of them are v long since it's a family drama! let's hope CJH will surprise us with another new drama we miss him already!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND CHINGOOS AND TTYL

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 12:17 PM, booha said:

@willenette  @hibiscus23

Dear chingu chingu  I enjoyed reading you two latest conversations.   And thank you.   Yeah  I have  been MIA lately.    Last month we sold our house and bought a new house in a different town.  This moving became mired with so many problems.   I didn’t realize how much stuff we had accumulated over the years.  At least we finished moving the last stuff last weekend.  Now we are living with unpacked boxes  and it will be awhile before everything will settle down  but I am happy  to know it’s over.  :expressionless:
It’s already Oct yet there is no news about CJH’s next project.   Could it mean CJH will not be in any winter drama…   sad  :cold_sweat:

from Jin Hyukssi IG:

Hi booha good that you were able to sell your house easily - It's a struggle to sell up some properties right now. Moving house is hard work, too. The labor of moving everything is incredibly stressful and people don't realize it.  You leave behind these four walls that you know. Now, you're in a new place, which is stranger to you. You leave behind old friends. Just try to focus on the positives of what you're doing.  In a few short weeks, it will feel like home. I hope we could get to hear news about CJH. Good news for sure soon. We have to be positive. :tongue:

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

Hello chingoos @booha@willenette and other chingoos who's MIAs here :) let's see and read his lips here LOL:

Hi hibiscus, thanks for sharing these NICE gifs.....I like that! :tongue: I'm soon to finish the current drama, which I was telling you. I'm now on its 39EP & one more to go.....Slow pacing, right - I'm telling you - :D

• Like 4

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha good that you were able to sell your house easily - It's a struggle to sell up some properties right now. Moving house is hard work, too. The labor of moving everything is incredibly stressful and people don't realize it.  You leave behind these four walls that you know. Now, you're in a new place, which is stranger to you. You leave behind old friends. Just try to focus on the positives of what you're doing.  In a few short weeks, it will feel like home. I hope we could get to hear news about CJH. Good news for sure soon. We have to be positive. :tongue:

Hi hibiscus, thanks for sharing these NICE gifs.....I like that! :tongue: I'm soon to finish the current drama, which I was telling you. I'm now on its 39EP & one more to go.....Slow pacing, right - I'm telling you - :D

Hi willenette  ur more than welcome i seldom post these days so glad you liked it! woah i forgot which drama you're watching :) good it's one more to go & you're done :D mind you i also went through that while watching a 165 epis so i thought of skipping if i was not into the characters of the drama but whewww it almost took forever, if only the K actors we admire knew what we go through in supporting them eh? hahaha yes i sure hope we'll some news about our CJH coz we miss him already!

@booha congrats based fr the msg here by willenette, i agree moving is no fun at all! take it easy chingoo bc stressing is not good at all but of course it's easier said than done, we all go through that sometimes!

you guys hv a gr8 day! how come there's lots of MIAs here now eh? hahaha

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Hi willenette  ur more than welcome i seldom post these days so glad you liked it! woah i forgot which drama you're watching :) good it's one more to go & you're done :D mind you i also went through that while watching a 165 epis so i thought of skipping if i was not into the characters of the drama but whewww it almost took forever, if only the K actors we admire knew what we go through in supporting them eh? hahaha yes i sure hope we'll some news about our CJH coz we miss him already!

@booha congrats based fr the msg here by willenette, i agree moving is no fun at all! take it easy chingoo bc stressing is not good at all but of course it's easier said than done, we all go through that sometimes!

you guys hv a gr8 day! how come there's lots of MIAs here now eh? hahaha

Hi hibiscus, currently watching "Suspicious Partner" starring Ji Chang Wook. :tongue:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi hibiscus, currently watching "Suspicious Partner" starring Ji Chang Wook. :tongue:

Hi willenette i did start on that but didn't continue although i also like JCW :D i think i got distracted about something & didn't go back to continue hahaha (he's in the military now right?) you shld see his score in AAA woah a lot! :)

• Like 3

@willenette  @hibiscus23

Ahaha  Guess what, yesterday morning  I noticed that  the feeling of unfamiliarity  wasn’t there when I opened my eyes.    Many mornings  I woke up and  crawled out of a bed and looked out the window to see new surroundings because  I felt surreal.  Though I’m very excited about moving,  it was a bit of a shock to see one day everything familiar was no longer there.   But you are right. Finally I must be adjusting to this new place.   I know we were lucky to sell our house, because the housing market in that town was very very  stagnant.    
@hibiscus23  talked about Korean ban chans.  Well my new home is much closer to Chicago than the previous  one.   Now it takes just about an hour drive to the downtown  and in about thirty minutes  I can get so many tasty ban chans  from  Korean stores.   There were couple of Korean stores in my old town but they didn’t have many selections like the ones here.  It’s good to live next to a mega city like Chicago.   So many delicious treats... yumyum  haha
Yeah I started to watch ‘Suspicious Partner’ because of JCW  but I didn’t finish it.    I read he just finished  his basic training(Sep 21). He is going to be discharged  May 2019.  He looks still good with his army hair cut.   

PS  Sorry I don’t think there is any picture of CJH in hanbok.  

Wow  I found out CJH spent his Chuseok holiday vacationing in a pricy resort place.  
CJH_ globalfanbase  made a funny comment about CJH’s IG photo. :lol::lol:

" Hmm. . .
we are getting a bit sick of looking at your back.
When are you going to put up your face (not your back, doggy or some food)? LoL
Or... is there something going on your face?
"

** Southcape Spa&suite, Namhae

IG:Southcape Spa&suite

FB:http://Southcape Spa&suite - Facebook

** Namhae: Namhae   (It has two islands & spa is from the smaller one)

((from official version)) 'Discover Korea’s Grandest Landscape, Namhae'

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=1942504

((from un-official version))'Namhae Island: The Unexplored Corner of South Korea'
GVZtfvX.jpg

**How about rural B&B in Namhae with a tasty looking breakfast

http://www.matjoykorea.com/2016/08/rural-b-kkakkumak-namhae-gun.html

bMDBVXw.jpg

• Like 2

@booha girl it's good that you seem to be looking f/ward to your new surrounding :) woah really you're closer to Chicago now the windiest city? LOL i went there a few yrs ago but didn't hv enough time to really explore the city - was attending a seminar of sorts but we went to one of their museums, my sis came with me but maybe next time we may be able to explore more! woah you made my mouth watery just a mere mention of banchans hahaha the other day i tried their triangle shaped kimbap in one of the Kor stores around the office since i saw this in Cheese in the Trap drama hahaha it was not easy to peel that plastic wrap i tell you just like when Park hae jin was doing it in the drama! Anyway as i said bef i can east their banchans even w/o the main course LOL just those wld suffice my fancy! Well thx for those IG pix woah really he spent his Chuseok in a pricey place? good for him! He must be enjoying his break fr filming N you're right why are we seeing just his back in the photo? hahaha  woah what a breakfast too yummy to look at thx for sharing!

@willenette like i said chingoo i started watching that but didn't get to continue :) yes he's now in the military & i saw his photo with his short short milit hair cut he was looking cute! he's one of those who made to the top ten in AAA voting i think this is first round right? woah a  lot of flower boys on top ten, our CJH even my new crush PHJ didn't make it to 10 :( hu hu hu!!!

anyway, to our hearts they're already winners :)

we'll touch base again chingoos & sorry if i can't come here often :( but thx for keeping this thread alive & well!:heart: Hope we hear fr CJH's new proj soon right?

• Like 2

@hibiscus23

Yup Chicago is called the windy city because the big lake is so big that it can create its own weather system.  It’s like this witch with power and a wicked temperament.  So I’m dreading the coming Chicago winter.   Ohh  You made a business trip here!!  It sounds like you visited ‘The Art Institute of Chicago’.   When the weather is nice it’s very pleasant to walk around there.
Sorry to hear PHJ didn’t make AAA too.  Poor CJH  He wasn’t even that close.  hehe  But there were a lot of familiar flower boys  as you pointed out.  haha  Have a good day foodie chingu :blush:

CJH posted another golf picture.:tongue:   

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaL47MTj7aB/?taken-by=choijinhyuk_globalfanbase

• Like 1

@booha hi chingoo yes we'd been there i went w/my sis as she was available to come w/me so we were there for about a week! it was windy for sure LOL! didn't get to go around that much since i was attending a seminar, but my sis went with some friends at that time who used to live there! yes i know chicago can get a harsh winter days so stay warm! :) actually PHJ didn't make it to first round? but the 2nd round he's no. 3 or 4 apparently there's two parts so i'm not able to vote this time bc it's a diff concept - in that u hv to d/l the apps w/c was too taxing for me and accdg to one of my friends she also had a hard time so i'm glad he's making it to the 2nd round w/c they say is v impt! i know our CJH didn't quite make it, yes the flower boys are really tough to beat in a way :) LOL so many youngsters are into them n i guess they have lots of time in their hands! woah thx for sharing his IG pix! he seems to be having a gr8 time spending in golf hahaha that's good then when a good proj comes along he'll grab it! you know the other actor he was with in Tunnel got a new drama but i can't recall the title i thot i saw him in hancinema!

OK u too have a good day foodie chingoo! take care & hv a nice start of the week!

f7755f8befb5a9e8114c9ce0cd8c1876--choi-j

cute photo of our CJH

d9TB-rbN_400x400.jpg

here he looks so preppy :)

9d78f108444232578ffce43d31fe09b2f963744c

• Like 1

http://www.hancinema.net/learning-korean-all-the-rage-in-thailand-110927.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

chingoos the link will lead you to the hancinema artic and in Thailand the Brd of Educ i believe will launch a txtbook for students as their second foreign lang to learn....i mean Korean lang. way to go eh? I know our fave stars have a lot of fans in Thailand too! There are many Thailanders who visit SK for that matter, the influence of K waves :)  cool

have a good start of the wekk chingoos! SYL/TTYL

• Like 1