Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

On 7/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, willenette said:

Hi hibiscus, I do agree with you - CJH has to rest for a while after this HIT drama then I hope he could do another drama. I just hope he won't keep us wait for too long. :tongue:

Hi @willenette indeed, we'll let him take a rest :lol: & yes i agree he better not let us wait too long coz right now we miss him oredi! i'm venturing on old kdramas like Bridal Mask & i do like Joo Won as well since Baker King, etc. i also liked him in Yong Pal! it's so hard to have so many faves in kdramas LOL

Hi @booha guys pls excuse my few days absence here, but he's always on my mind :) yes nadu me too i luv kfood, kcosmetix aside fr kdramas & kactors hahaha! hmm my fave also is bibimbap n from liking it i was able to learn how to cook it n i can't eat that w/o that stainless steel bowl that we see in kdramas pluc their long spoon (which i bought this in SK when we went) spkg of this spoon i nvr used any regular spoon anymore LOL it's gotta be this long K spoon period! i also luv their jap-chae awwww yummy plus their banjan - mind u i can eat even just the ban jan (side dishes) w/o any other meat --- just give me some banjan N i'll be satisfied! thx for sharing his photo i think i remember that one too! u said you're rewatching P& P drama again, i just luvd that one too, he was also good in it! thx to the other young actor i got to know CJH from that drama! :)

yes i also support that styel of his! woah that girl who won is super lucky N to think she'll take a photo w/him? i'm super jealous! (i hate her :) kidding) i hope someday one of us will hv that same opportunity! :) keep our fingers crossed!

Edited by hibiscus23
forgot to include something
  • Like 2

2 more Pride & Prejudice OST 

Hwayobi - My Universe FMV (Pride and Prejudice OST)[ENGSUB + Romanization + Hangul]

cr to uploader

Lee Ki Chan (이기찬) - 보통 이별 MV (Pride And Prejudice OST)[ENGSUB + Romanization + Hangul]

cr to uploader

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Hi @willenette indeed, we'll let him take a rest :lol: & yes i agree he better not let us wait too long coz right now we miss him oredi! i'm venturing on old kdramas like Bridal Mask & i do like Joo Won as well since Baker King, etc. i also liked him in Yong Pal! it's so hard to have so many faves in kdramas LOL

Hi @booha guys pls excuse my few days absence here, but he's always on my mind :) yes nadu me too i luv kfood, kcosmetix aside fr kdramas & kactors hahaha! hmm my fave also is bibimbap n from liking it i was able to learn how to cook it n i can't eat that w/o that stainless steel bowl that we see in kdramas pluc their long spoon (which i bought this in SK when we went) spkg of this spoon i nvr used any regular spoon anymore LOL it's gotta be this long K spoon period! i also luv their jap-chae awwww yummy plus their banjan - mind u i can eat even just the ban jan (side dishes) w/o any other meat --- just give me some banjan N i'll be satisfied! thx for sharing his photo i think i remember that one too! u said you're rewatching P& P drama again, i just luvd that one too, he was also good in it! thx to the other young actor i got to know CJH from that drama! :)

yes i also support that styel of his! woah that girl who won is super lucky N to think she'll take a photo w/him? i'm super jealous! (i hate her :) kidding) i hope someday one of us will hv that same opportunity! :) keep our fingers crossed!

Dear chingu  I read one soompi member saying ‘I have many biases and can love them all equally.’  whahaha  :D:tongue:  I know that isn’t going to sound all right in RL but in soompi dramaland  we can all relate to that  thinking  right!!    haha    Yes I like Joo Won(7th Grade Civil Servant)  but I have to say my next fav has to be  Yoon Shi Yoon( Me Too Flower, tried to watch Baker King but  couldn’t finish it for some reason… )   And of course how can I forget the sweetie  Lee Tae Hwan.  hehehe    I was pleasantly surprised to see him as sweet Sung Joon in Father, I'll Take Care of.  I thought it was such perfect role for him.  
** So you visited SK. I’m very envious of you.  The trip to SK is just too expensive  for us from US.  So funny to read about K-spoon.  haha     Hope someday  you will share some more of your experience . 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, booha said:

2 more Pride & Prejudice OST 

Hwayobi - My Universe FMV (Pride and Prejudice OST)[ENGSUB + Romanization + Hangul]

cr to uploader

Lee Ki Chan (이기찬) - 보통 이별 MV (Pride And Prejudice OST)[ENGSUB + Romanization + Hang

cr to uploader

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this clips. NICE. I love this drama, too. The last episode of Pride and Prejudice had one scene that made me cryThis is the scene where in the past there had been two little boys with similar clothes on whom the bad guys had kidnapped because they couldn't tell them apart. I love legal dramas so, I find this good. I'm happy that it led the ratings in its time slot domestically. I find CJH's acting here good -  It solidifies him as an actor who can carry complicated and demanding roles, given a good script (despite that rather dubious haircut). The show strips away the glamour and romance of the prosecutor’s job. Watching this drama is rewarding. It’s a story that is as human as can be, about how a group of people deal with loss, grief, and their own wrongdoing. :tongue:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, booha said:

Dear chingu  I read one soompi member saying ‘I have many biases and can love them all equally.’  whahaha  :D:tongue:  I know that isn’t going to sound all right in RL but in soompi dramaland  we can all relate to that  thinking  right!!    haha    Yes I like Joo Won(7th Grade Civil Servant)  but I have to say my next fav has to be  Yoon Shi Yoon( Me Too Flower, tried to watch Baker King but  couldn’t finish it for some reason… )   And of course how can I forget the sweetie  Lee Tae Hwan.  hehehe    I was pleasantly surprised to see him as sweet Sung Joon in Father, I'll Take Care of.  I thought it was such perfect role for him.  
** So you visited SK. I’m very envious of you.  The trip to SK is just too expensive  for us from US.  So funny to read about K-spoon.  haha     Hope someday  you will share some more of your experience . 

Hey dear chingu @booha really hahaha yeah i guess i can say same thing in my case but true we can love them equally if that will ease the pain hahaha:Dagreed, in soompi dramaland yes we can all relate to that thinking if i may use your phrase! hmm i hvnt seen 7th GCS that's in the queue once i'm done with his BM series! u know believe it or not when i saw YSY in Baker King he was my fave N at that time since JW was the antagonist in the drama i guess viewers like me was quite annoyed with him but then when i saw him (JW) again in Ojakyo? brothers or something i fell for him i guess sometimes we fall for their character if i'm not mistaken at least my opinion, aside from the actor playing the role per se, anyway if i may continue with YSY he was super cute in Baker King n pls try to finish it, i even invested on the dvd but you reminded me now to rewatch it hahaha! anyhow, in Flowers drama he was cute too but after that he kinda slowed down but i know he's got a new drama w/c i forgot the title! i'm sure you know that JW is now in the milit service just last month & his latest bef gg to the service is Sassy Girl but i'm not into epic dramas except Gu Family Book where our CJH was in it & great acting too, one of my epic faves wld be GFB not only bc of him but the story itself was really good!

oh don't let me start with Lee tae hwan, thanks to him he brought me to watch P&P and discovered our CJH otherwise i wldn't hv known CJH at all! i fell for LTH in Father, I'll Take Care of You - i agree his role was really cute & watching him there made me look for some more of his prev projects hence I saw Pride & Prejudice and i sorta hit 2 birds in one shot (seeing another cute K actor in CJH) LOL.

yes i'll share some more of my SK experience next time as my lunch time is wrapping up soon, however you guys shld try to visit SK, it's worth your while....we went for 3 wks & didn't cover as much as we wanted to such as gg to Jeju Do (do means island in SK as u know is termed 'Do') plus my sis & i wanted to see Busan but we just didn't hv enough time, before you know it it was time to leave the beautiful country of SK! it was a marvelous experience, and people were v helpful albeit some hardly speak the English lang but we got by! hmm and don't forget to go to Myeondong District shopping where it's like NY city they never sleep! hahaha of course you hv to venture their eating places and we even went to one of those red tents altho we didn't have soju but just the dishes we often seen in kdramas LOL, at first my sis was hesitating coz we thought a lot of ppl there wld just be in drinking spree but we found one that's not too busy so we sat down & ordered something....and they're v reasonably priced!

to be continued chingoos till nxt time :)

Edited by hibiscus23
typo
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2017 at 11:06 PM, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this clips. NICE. I love this drama, too. The last episode of Pride and Prejudice had one scene that made me cryThis is the scene where in the past there had been two little boys with similar clothes on whom the bad guys had kidnapped because they couldn't tell them apart. I love legal dramas so, I find this good. I'm happy that it led the ratings in its time slot domestically. I find CJH's acting here good -  It solidifies him as an actor who can carry complicated and demanding roles, given a good script (despite that rather dubious haircut). The show strips away the glamour and romance of the prosecutor’s job. Watching this drama is rewarding. It’s a story that is as human as can be, about how a group of people deal with loss, grief, and their own wrongdoing. :tongue:

Yes how anyone can forget  about the scene of two little boys.  By chance they ran into each other and as a result one died and the other escaped but was traumatized.   As I thought  about these two boys, I wondered whether  the writer first came up with this idea of random acts of fate snagged the two boys, and then built up the complicated, suspenseful and human story.  I read that PP was made because  what happened  in the tragic Sewol ferry disaster  which happened 2015.   I felt that it was PD (or with the writer) who came up the idea making a drama to reflect/commemorate the Sewol disaster and the death of children.   We know  many children drowned/died  and  there were ferry safety issues  related with corruption.

You made a very good observation.  I think  the character Gu Dong Chi was unlike any of other characters CJH played before.  I will not be surprised if CJH had experienced what real acting was through GDC & PP.  Looking at his comeback project, Tunnel,  I feel CJH wanted to challenge and to grow himself as an actor.  I hope it doesn’t mean he can’t play different characters,  like  serious but entertaining  or fluffy but heartwarming.  

• Like 1

Ohh more pictures from the event in Tigerroar, Taiwan.  Thank you @saanjh sena   5ff0cHE.gif
First  a couple more IG photos from  JHssi.

In this IG it has a translation but it needs a bit more detail...  

“This dress was pretty/nice in reality but it didn’t convey that in the photo …   Still the bathroom is the best place for taking a photo (or a selfie)”  (( He is joking))

• Like 3

@booha thx for sharing his cute photos! taiwan is a nice little country to visit also and am sure he'll luv it there! i think you also watched father i'll take care and first few epis were filmed there in taiwan where the scenery was awesome! anyway if you guys haven't been to hancinema this am or today they got EC as drama of the week and here's the link: (sorry the link didn't seem to work when i tried to paste it) but here's the excerpt:

Korean drama of the week "Emergency Couple"

With Song Ji-hyo, Choi Jin-hyuk, Lee Pil-mo, Choi Yeo-jin, Clara, Lee Mi-young,...

21 episodes - Fri, Sat 20:40
Formerly known as "Emergency Boy and Girl" on HanCinema
Synopsis
Choi Jin-hyeok and Song Ji-hyo star in this playful and sexy drama about a medical school student, Chang-min, and a dietitian, Jin-hee, who fall in love and marry despite his family's strong opposition. When Chang-min marries Jin-hee, he gives up his medical internship to become a pharmaceutical salesman despite the fact that the rest of his family are successful doctors. Their married life is miserable as Chang-min's family looks down on Jin-hee and Chang-min begins to treat her poorly. They finally divorce and go their separate ways until they are suddenly reunited as interns working at the same hospital. Will this couple's tumultuous feelings for each other be rekindled?

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2014/01/24~2014/04/05

-----

i've said it before if i hv time i wld luv to watch this drama again! he was so cute in his role!

have a gr8 w/end chingoos here!

• Like 3

@hibiscus23  Haha  I noticed the first chemistry between DH & SJ in the Taiwan scenes.  Thank you about EC – hancinema.  I hope  JHssi will pick another romance drama. :)

On 7/18/2017 at 3:49 PM, hibiscus23 said:

Hey dear chingu @booha really hahaha yeah i guess i can say same thing in my case but true we can love them equally if that will ease the pain hahaha:Dagreed, in soompi dramaland yes we can all relate to that thinking if i may use your phrase! hmm i hvnt seen 7th GCS that's in the queue once i'm done with his BM series! u know believe it or not when i saw YSY in Baker King he was my fave N at that time since JW was the antagonist in the drama i guess viewers like me was quite annoyed with him but then when i saw him (JW) again in Ojakyo? brothers or something i fell for him i guess sometimes we fall for their character if i'm not mistaken at least my opinion, aside from the actor playing the role per se, anyway if i may continue with YSY he was super cute in Baker King n pls try to finish it, i even invested on the dvd but you reminded me now to rewatch it hahaha! anyhow, in Flowers drama he was cute too but after that he kinda slowed down but i know he's got a new drama w/c i forgot the title! i'm sure you know that JW is now in the milit service just last month & his latest bef gg to the service is Sassy Girl but i'm not into epic dramas except Gu Family Book where our CJH was in it & great acting too, one of my epic faves wld be GFB not only bc of him but the story itself was really good!

oh don't let me start with Lee tae hwan, thanks to him he brought me to watch P&P and discovered our CJH otherwise i wldn't hv known CJH at all! i fell for LTH in Father, I'll Take Care of You - i agree his role was really cute & watching him there made me look for some more of his prev projects hence I saw Pride & Prejudice and i sorta hit 2 birds in one shot (seeing another cute K actor in CJH) LOL.

yes i'll share some more of my SK experience next time as my lunch time is wrapping up soon, however you guys shld try to visit SK, it's worth your while....we went for 3 wks & didn't cover as much as we wanted to such as gg to Jeju Do (do means island in SK as u know is termed 'Do') plus my sis & i wanted to see Busan but we just didn't hv enough time, before you know it it was time to leave the beautiful country of SK! it was a marvelous experience, and people were v helpful albeit some hardly speak the English lang but we got by! hmm and don't forget to go to Myeondong District shopping where it's like NY city they never sleep! hahaha of course you hv to venture their eating places and we even went to one of those red tents altho we didn't have soju but just the dishes we often seen in kdramas LOL, at first my sis was hesitating coz we thought a lot of ppl there wld just be in drinking spree but we found one that's not too busy so we sat down & ordered something....and they're v reasonably priced!

to be continued chingoos till nxt time :)

Well okay  your enthusiasm for Baker King peaked my interest so last night I watched EP1 Baker King and I enjoyed it a lot.   I wonder why I dropped it before. humm  Unfortunately I’m not able to do a marathon watch at the moment, but I will watch it.   wow There were many familiar faces in this drama.  They looked younger.  

You are right.  I think it’s a character (or combo, a character&the actor) which we fall for.  If an actor is able to portray a strong character and grab my emotion,  there will be lingering residue which carries me to follow an actor to a next drama and so on.  They are our muse: Butterflies(us haha) hopping around pretty flowers. :tongue:

I don’t know whether you know this.  Lee Tae Hwan signed for another new weekend drama( KBS2 My Golden Life with Park Si Ho & Shin Hye Sun & broadcast sometimes Sep after Father Is Strange)

Omo You spent 3 weeks in SK!!   It sounds like you had a fun time.   yesyes  Something about this tent-eatery scene in kdramas has such allure .   If I make it to SK, the first thing I would like to try is just that, eating in such a place.  Me too I can’t drink soju.  So I wonder if eating in the tent-eatery without sojo might not be as fun as with sojo?!!   hehe   :wink::wink:

(From DF’s article)  https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/k-drama-confessional-7-skinship-manner-legs-and-chocolate-abs-oh-my/{[{notification.object.url}]}

K-Drama Confessional #7: Ranking the 12 best Konglish words from manner legs to chocolate abs
por KD Bonbon en Jue., Feb 25, 2016

10: One Shot

2K4WOe1.png

Rara: K-dramas have taught me wayyyy more than I’d ever thought I’d know about soju. Seriously, it’s basically a main character of every show at this point!

pyNlpMB.jpg

KD: It’s scary how true that is! Soju is involved whenever a character is happy, sad, celebrating, or pining over a forbidden love!

Rara: One shots for everyone!

PY0sTi4.gif

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha thx for sharing his cute photos! taiwan is a nice little country to visit also and am sure he'll luv it there! i think you also watched father i'll take care and first few epis were filmed there in taiwan where the scenery was awesome! anyway if you guys haven't been to hancinema this am or today they got EC as drama of the week and here's the link: (sorry the link didn't seem to work when i tried to paste it) but here's the excerpt:

Korean drama of the week "Emergency Couple"

With Song Ji-hyo, Choi Jin-hyuk, Lee Pil-mo, Choi Yeo-jin, Clara, Lee Mi-young,...

21 episodes - Fri, Sat 20:40
Formerly known as "Emergency Boy and Girl" on HanCinema
Synopsis
Choi Jin-hyeok and Song Ji-hyo star in this playful and sexy drama about a medical school student, Chang-min, and a dietitian, Jin-hee, who fall in love and marry despite his family's strong opposition. When Chang-min marries Jin-hee, he gives up his medical internship to become a pharmaceutical salesman despite the fact that the rest of his family are successful doctors. Their married life is miserable as Chang-min's family looks down on Jin-hee and Chang-min begins to treat her poorly. They finally divorce and go their separate ways until they are suddenly reunited as interns working at the same hospital. Will this couple's tumultuous feelings for each other be rekindled?

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2014/01/24~2014/04/05

-----

i've said it before if i hv time i wld luv to watch this drama again! he was so cute in his role!

have a gr8 w/end chingoos here!

This makes me soo happy to read,  Emergency couple is my favourite K-drama, this just proves this drama's story theme and depth is timeless, I will repost this in the Song Ji Hyo thread :)

• Like 2

Hello, I am a new Choi Jin Hyuk's fan. I finished watching OCN's Tunnel recently, and officially I am become his new fan. Truthfully, I had watched him, in The Heirs, but he didn't get my attention (well, the drama itself didn't that great also).

Fortunatelly, I decided to download Tunnel. I hesitated at first because I didn't really know anyone from the drama. But I heard Tunnel got good reactions and criminal drama is my fav, so I watch it, and wow I really like Park Kwang Ho character. And I really love how Choi Jin Hyuk acted as Kwang Ho.

Now that I did his filmography, anyone can recommend me his drama/film that worth watching? Thank youuu :)

• Like 2

On 24/7/2017 at 7:03 PM, achil said:

Hello, I am a new Choi Jin Hyuk's fan. I finished watching OCN's Tunnel recently, and officially I am become his new fan. Truthfully, I had watched him, in The Heirs, but he didn't get my attention (well, the drama itself didn't that great also).

Fortunatelly, I decided to download Tunnel. I hesitated at first because I didn't really know anyone from the drama. But I heard Tunnel got good reactions and criminal drama is my fav, so I watch it, and wow I really like Park Kwang Ho character. And I really love how Choi Jin Hyuk acted as Kwang Ho.

Now that I did his filmography, anyone can recommend me his drama/film that worth watching? Thank youuu :)

Yes Emergency couple its a MUST watch, He has amazing chemistry with Song Ji Hyo in it

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, achil said:

EMERGENCY  COUPLE 

pride and prejudice and gu family book

• Like 3

@booha u r welcome chingoo, as usual sori for late reply! yes EC wld be one of CJH's dramas i won't forget & luvd it aside from GF and Tunnel! so happy to see it was drama of the week!

@achilWELCOME to CJH thread, i agree with @saanjh sena those dramas were to be reckoned with, i wldnt mind rewatching them if i get a chance!

@mary-ann yes me too made me happy to see EC is their drama of the week! :)

• Like 4

The IG photos are from an actor Lee Hyong  Chol/Lee Hyeong Cheol.  It looks like they played golf on a hot & muggy rainy day.  LHC mentioned a drama, Pasta which they both were in.  LHC said “#drama #Pasta.  It has been a long time since I saw him ~ It’s nice to see his face.”  So it means they just met again.  I wonder whether CJH has a new project and LHC is in it  so they were testing their working chemistry with  golf??   
PS The other two men are actors too.
Jo Min Gi ((**It’s interesting to learn that he’s an actor and associate professor.)) http://asianwiki.com/Jo_Min-Gi
Park Jung Chu  http://asianwiki.com/Park_Jung-Chul

Lee hyong Chol http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Hyeong-Cheol

• Like 2

@hibiscus23   I spent last Saturday afternoon watching Baker King from EP3 to EP6.  huhuuu :)  take care

On 7/22/2017 at 7:32 AM, saanjh sena said:

Choi Jin hyuk  (tunnel) and hong bin (Wednesday 3:30pm).....❤

They both wear the same clothes!!   So Hong Bin is from VIXX of which N who was in Tunnel as 86 PKH is a member too.  interesting  haha  The way CJH looks at Hong Bin in the picture,  big bro to younger bro…:wink:

10 hours ago, achil said:

Hello Hello  Let me join in welcoming you here.  So you are a fan of crime drama.  I’m glad you liked Tunnel.  It’s a unique drama in the sense it has a well blended mixture of crime&suspense /time slip/heartwarming.  Yeah before watching the drama I was a bit apprehensive about the Kwang Ho character after reading the character description of him.  It was CJH’s comeback drama after the long absence from his tragic enlistment so I was happy to see how CJH was able to bring out this endearing character Kwang Ho.  
Btw CJH played another crime&suspense, Pride & Prejudice(2015).  It’s not Jane Austen’s P&P which at the beginning  the drama title confused some JA followers.  hhhh  Though K-PP is a crime drama, it has the same underlying  concept as JA’s PP: The folly of pride & prejudice.  -_-:wink:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, booha said:

The IG photos are from an actor Lee Hyong  Chol/Lee Hyeong Cheol.  It looks like they played golf on a hot & muggy rainy day.  LHC mentioned a drama, Pasta which they both were in.  LHC said “#drama #Pasta.  It has been a long time since I saw him ~ It’s nice to see his face.”  So it means they just met again.  I wonder whether CJH has a new project and LHC is in it  so they were testing their working chemistry with  golf??   
PS The other two men are actors too.
Jo Min Gi ((**It’s interesting to learn that he’s an actor and associate professor.)) http://asianwiki.com/Jo_Min-Gi
Park Jung Chu  http://asianwiki.com/Park_Jung-Chul

Lee hyong Chol http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Hyeong-Cheol

Hi booha, thanks for sharing the pictures. Awww............so NICE to know that CJH is into golf............:tongue:

• Like 1