Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

Guest chaybags55
17 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@booha@willenette  just started GFB and am liking it already however is our guy only up to epis 2? since his charac as WR died already? wahhhh i wished it was longer their love story was amazing too, only 10 days and he'll become human but Seo wah betrayed him of course out of sheer fear!

am waiting for tunnel to be subbed so meantime i'm into GFB :)

TTYL all chingoos here

Hi chingu, wol ryung will re appear I think in ep 12 as demon.. To be honest, I watched eps where cjh appeared, ep 1, 2 , 12, 20 n 21

1 hour ago, chaybags55 said:

Hi chingu, wol ryung will re appear I think in ep 12 as demon.. To be honest, I watched eps where cjh appeared, ep 1, 2 , 12, 20 n 21

Hi chingu @chaybags55 ahhhh what a relief hahaha i thot come on only 2 epis that's unfair - thx for your feedback, nice to know he'll re-appear, u know am not into sageuk or epic dramas but this one seems pretty good, not only bc CJH brought me to watch it but the storyline is pretty interesting & i happen to like Lee from Brilliant Legacy & he's good in acting/singing too! so in other words it's a bonus already for someone like me :) i was gg to just watch epis where CJH appears but i think i'll continue with the rest! i luv the OSTs too w/c i d/l yday!

Have u chingoos here watched Tunnel's latest? it's good too but i don't wanna be a spoiler :)

• Like 1

@hibiscus23

chingu chingu I’m so delighted to hear you hopped into GFB.  Yeah CJH was casted as a special guest and was supposed to appear in the first 2 episodes only.  But his character GWR brought ‘WR fever’  and k-viewers demanded to bring him back to the drama so the writer cleverly made him as dark-WR since WR was killed at the end of EP2.     Unfortunately  it was too late for the writer to add more screen time for the dark WR character.  So he got about 3 minutes of screen time in each episode just like Heirs.

Because GFB had two very popular idols, Bae Suzy & Lee Seung Gi,  the production had a big budget. I found out later PDnim, Shin Woo Cheol had produced impressive works((Gu Family Book (MBC, 2013)     A Gentleman's Dignity (SBS, 2012)     Secret Garden (SBS, 2010)     City Hall (SBS, 2009)     On Air (SBS, 2008)     Lovers (SBS, 2006)     Lovers in Prague (SBS, 2005)     Lovers in Paris (SBS, 2004)))   It seems PDnim was the one who saw potential in CJH for the character and did an amazing job creating this timeless mystic WR character.  Lucky CJH for working with this PDnim because that was how CJH got a major break.     The production team spent a couple months making EP1&2. It was so well made and these two episodes are like a movie.  

PS  Tunnel had a great ending for today’s episode. 

rating for EP10: 5.4% in average and 5.9% at its highest

( @choijinhyuk_globalfanbase )

Qw6zsr1.gif

• Like 1

@boohachingoo thx for the update on tunnel's rating woah we're happy for him & the production! you really hv done your h/work hahaha i wld've hv known all about this Pdnim if not for you! i've seen i think all of his projects then among them LIP where i got introduced & became addicted to Kdramas! PDnim's projects were all impressive i must say! thx to this PDnim that he got his major break then! woah lucky him as u said!

Yes i agree now that i've started watching GFB those 2 episodes were DAEBAK imagine spending 2 mos for those episodes...and it was really nice and well made, the way WR was transformed into his beast image were fantastic, am now on epis 7 i believe when i continue after this and i may hv to do marathon watching since i just fin watching Tunnel epi 10! woah didn't you feel for him when he saw the whistle? ooopps sorry if i spoiled someone who hasn't watched it! :(

still on my queue after GFB will be FTLY, INR and the Daughter Flower whatever the title is hahaha oh i hvnt finished Panda i kept hopping from his dramas to another! i can't keep up! hahaha

• Like 1

@hibiscus23 you have been busy!!! :tongue: Thanks for giving me an opportunity to walk down the memory lane!! Those links and pics you posted are precious! :D

First 2 episodes of Gu Family Book can be made into a movie. Such a heartbreaking story and amazing acting by CJH.

On 4/22/2017 at 3:19 PM, hibiscus23 said:

sorry if this happens to be a dup but i just can't let this pass w/o posting it here as am started to watch this now LOL i'm addicted to CJH hahaha i luv the story of Wol ryung and Sae wa, so sad that he was betrayed by her for only a short 10 day and he's about to turn human! (our guy is so versatile he can also act in an epic drama and he's singing this ost too)

:heart:

@hibiscus23

I think I have watched this every day for a long long time. It still breaks my heart every time I watch it again. It makes it more special because CJH sang this OST. 

• Like 2

@hibiscus23   I’m glad to hear that LIP(by Shin Woo Cheol PDnim) snapped you into kdrama land.  haha    Yeah For myself, it’s all about WR which still is in my heart after many years.  But, because WR returned to GFB with  small screen time,  I always have wanted to see CJH play another fantasy saguk but, if he doesn’t do it soon, he may be a bit old to play the character like WR. :o:tongue:   

23 hours ago, msrose122 said:

https://youtu.be/bsWw7XTVo3k

@hibiscus23

Another MV I watched over and over...:D

@booha @hibiscus23

Baseball caps are good idea but I think CJH mentioned that he likes to play golf. I wonder if he will like golf items more??

me too  I watched this MV endlessly too ...  :D:D

[MV] Lee Sang Gon(이상곤)(NOEL) _ My love is hurt(사랑이 아프다)(Kangchi, the Beginning(구가의서) OST Pt.2)

:wub::wub:

JieAcvp.jpg

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Tunnel - Drama" Episode 10

photo842686.jpg

Our killers get increasingly frustrated in episode ten of "Tunnel - Drama", as the only person on the side of the law who can understand their signatures is Jae-i. Aside from delivering a timeline and recap of the murders, the episode also presents our killers with some surprises. After a conflict with Gwang-ho, Jae-i makes a bold and very dangerous decision about her involvement in the case.

We now have a clearer image of who has been killed by each murderer and we also have a hinted connection, which should bring about some answers soon enough. If Mok Jin-woo (Kim Min-sang-I) has been using ink from the factory of Jeong Ho-yeong's (Heo Sung-tae) parents, then the two could have very well known each other. I do hope everyone's connection will be explored by the end, because I assume that time would have a good reason for bending like this.

Jin-woo thinking about his connection to Seon-jaeJeong's family factory

One thing I find surprising is that Mok Jin-woo has not been aware of Seon-jae's (Yoon Hyun-min) identity. I assumed that he had approached Seon-jae with that in mind, that this was part of his much touted, mysterious reasoning when it comes to the murders. The fact that we know so little about him and that his behavior in light of new knowledge is not something we have precedent for makes him scarier, so it is a wise creative decision.

Speaking of creative decisions, this episode marks the first time when the series really drops the ball. Jae-i's (Lee Yoo-young) plan to act as bait is a smart and brave idea, but the execution here is very flawed. Taunting the killer without having an officer hiding in every bush in the area is simply suicidal. There are ways to elevate her bravery, put her in danger for suspense and make sure that the culprit escapes which do not involve such contrived, poor writing.

Jae-i reaching for her whistleJae-i shaken by Gwang-ho's comments

Gwang-ho (Choi Jin-hyuk) seeing a generic whistle and somehow recognizing it as his own is also nothing short of ridiculous and it is the kind of problematic drama cliche this series has so far avoided. It also lessens the emotional impact a more understated reunion would deliver, partly due to the irrational assumption and also because it happens during the action-packed scene of chasing away a killer.

There are a lot of good points about the episode, such as the exploration of the two killers' past and the conflict between emotion and duty that Jae-i, Gwang-ho and Seon-jae experience; a good cautionary tale about fiction's frequent portrayal of personal agenda in the workplace as heroic. I just hope the writer can avoid more absurdity. If this is why the drama is taking a break, then I am willing to wait as long as it takes.

"Tunnel - Drama" is directed by Sin Yong-hwi and Kim Seong-min-I, written by Lee Eun-mi-III and features Choi Jin-hyuk, Yoon Hyun-min and Lee Yoo-young.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Like 3

On 23/04/2017 at 6:19 AM, hibiscus23 said:

sorry if this happens to be a dup but i just can't let this pass w/o posting it here as am started to watch this now LOL i'm addicted to CJH hahaha i luv the story of Wol ryung and Sae wa, so sad that he was betrayed by her for only a short 10 day and he's about to turn human! (our guy is so versatile he can also act in an epic drama and he's singing this ost too)

:heart:

Love the OST, and love his great voice even more :D He sang like a professional singer

• Like 3

15 hours ago, wildaffairs said:

Love the OST, and love his great voice even more :D He sang like a professional singer

Thank you so much   I didn’t know someone made a collection of his songs. What a treat    I am always amazed by the emotional tone in his voice. :)

** #Tunnel hashtag on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tunnel?src=hash

** I found this Twitter posting in Tunnel thread so I checked out the site.   The site is very funny.    

Well  This twitter admitted posting 5 times for leg-gif.  :D:blink::D

https://twitter.com/Netizentown/status/856133406849150976

=>https://twitter.com/Netizentown/status/856133740099248130

=>https://twitter.com/Netizentown/status/856201390040821760

"most emotional leg gif ever, never thought I'd tear up at a leg gif :bawling: pls let everyone have a happy ending #Tunnel"

=>https://twitter.com/Netizentown/status/856261111372447744

=>https://twitter.com/Netizentown/status/856261306617401344

• Like 3

hello chingoos woah i missed this thread, i just got v busy aside fr trying to finish his drama gu fam book, i'm glued whenever i got a chance even b4 gg to work & after work i always had it on LOL! i was nvr a huge fan of saegeuk or epic dramas last i saw & didn't even finish was dong yi but i think i also finished dongbaek something bc of ji chang wook however, this one GFB even though his scenes epi 1&2 only & like @booha was it you who told me he'll be back around epis 12, 14, 15 and you're right am watching him on these epis now!

thx for all the instag you guys shared and hi to all here @wildaffairs@willenette and others i can't recall some of your UNames but u know who you are!

BBL

• Like 2

@boohawoah that's v early indeed for a shoot eh? thx chingoo for sharing their instagram....awesome! can't wait to see this w/end's episodes! :) do you hv instagram acc and if so, maybe you shld post there too and express our admiration :) for him & his drama! i tried to sign up the other day but was not able to post anything, i guess am not familiar doing it on that site :( any tips? hehehe thx chingoo

hello to all chingoos here! don't let this site stay quiet hehehe

• Like 1

It’s nice Tunnel has kept up good ratings.  Here is one of the articles which give a nod to CJH’s ability to pick winning dramas, like GFB, Heirs, EC, FTLY, and PP.

(translation) 

wrZbvJ2.jpg

Due to the hit drama ‘Tunnel’ which CJH currently plays,  CJH’s name made it to the rank called ‘watching a trustworthy actor’.   

As OCN’s original drama ‘Tunnel’ has exceeded the 5% rating and made hit, CJH’s ‘flower-road(success) in the project’ is also receiving new attention.   CJH’s return project after 3 years, ‘Tunnel’ continues to rise in popularity from word of mouth with a strong performance by CJH and  the script  that continues  the ‘delightful & refreshing rush’ in every episode.  This caused a reevaluation of  CJH’s ability in selecting his project.      As the box-office magic has continued from the drama ‘GFB’,  ‘Heirs’, ‘EC’, ‘FTLY’ and ‘PP’  to ‘Tunnel’ ,  so commonly acknowledged as ‘trustworthy (watching CJH as a trustworthy actor) began to receive attention again. 

Especially among the works he had played during his rookie years, there are a lot of works that have been called 'masterpieces' or 'hit rating', such as 'Pasta', 'My Daughter to Flower' and 'I Need Romance'. This "hit-and-hit" happens because the actor has a certain ability to assess the work.  It is said that he is quite excellent  in his ability to instinctively judge how much of a character he can digest after carefully reading the synopsis and script  of the casting proposal.

It is undeniable that CJH's talented acting ability enlivens the character colorfully(yummy yummy)  more than anything else and has become the driving force in 'Tunnel' hit.

CJH said, "I think about how I can express the desire of PKH to catch a criminal when such an  incomprehensible serial murder happens. I took a cell phone picture of the back of the criminal who was running out of the tunnel and tried to capture a certain emotion by watching it repeatedly before the shooting” conveying his behind story.

http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&artid=A201704280030

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@boohawoah that's v early indeed for a shoot eh? thx chingoo for sharing their instagram....awesome! can't wait to see this w/end's episodes! :) do you hv instagram acc and if so, maybe you shld post there too and express our admiration :) for him & his drama! i tried to sign up the other day but was not able to post anything, i guess am not familiar doing it on that site :( any tips? hehehe thx chingoo

hello to all chingoos here! don't let this site stay quiet hehehe

Yeah it sounds like the shooting  became a grueling march with no sleep.  We saw in VLive that his staff passed out on the seats while they were moving from one location to another.   Some of BTS showed he looked tired and worn out.  I also think these good ratings put him under a lot of stress because Tunnel has to go with 6 more episodes and the ratings have to be up and up.  Gosh  more sweat and sweat…:o   

Yes I opened this IG account  just for CJH so I could give the heart-sign.  But I didn’t open app to post any pictures because I just don’t have time for IGing.  I mean just clicking on all those heart signs is a lot of work too.

PS Maybe you didn’t have app for posting pictures??? 

Jin Hyukssi said " Americano addict"

• Like 3

Koreans and their Americano :D

Even CJH loves Americano ^_^

CJH is working really hard, but he hasn't fully recover from his knee injury

Feeling worried because there are so many chasing in Tunnel, would that take a toll on his knee :mellow:

Btw, I watched him in Running Man 'The Heirs' episode and I really like his manly-yet-cute personality :wub:

I really want him to be in a talk show like Radio star or reality show I live alone etc. 

Althou I didn't watch The Heirs, I'm glad he was in Running Man to promote the drama :grin:

• Like 2

@booha thx for all you'd been sharing here, woah indeed a 'trustworthy actor to watch' no doubt about it and he must have that hidden talent to discern how he'd take a role or be in depth with the charac he'll be playing (or have played).  i sure hope he doesnt get too stressed out and shld not worry too much about the ratings now! we shld be really happy for him coz he truly deserves all the accolades - am almost done watching him in GFB & i must admit with my first intention of watching this drama bc of him, now am also enjoying Suzy and LSG, as the latter's love story is to be reckoned with let alone the love story (too bad it's only 2 episodes for them) of WR & Sae wa was also v v touching! Re IG i did sign up but not sure how to post a comment for our guy, no am on stone-age if you will i don't hv those fancy gadgets believe u me hahaha so no access to Apps whatever! oh am sure even those heart icons wld be a lot of handle! :)

@wildaffairs i think you'll enjoy The Heirs not only bc he was in it but the whole story was really good too! i still hv in queue for CJH FTLY, INR plus the Daughter or Flower something hahaha i can't recall exactly, plus i still hv to go back to Panda drama! woah is he or was he in RM series? thx for sharing i'll watch it later! me too i wished he'd have one of thos radio shows coz he can really sing & luv his voice !

hello to other chingoos here and let's always root for CJH and his Tunnel drama.

• Like 1