Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"; [Upcoming Musical 2024.12.6~2025.2.16 : (Dracula) "Bloody Love"]

booha

Guest vforvintagevera

@booha,
LOL I don't work for any prestigious publishing industries or companies like that. I WISH I did, but sadly I don't. I actually work for a headphone company, where I'm the "Art Director / Creative Director" there. Basically, my job entails everything from arranging photoshoots, to being the actual photographer, taking photos of our models + products, post-production artwork (like photoshopping), arranging media content (like graphic designs + newsletters) and packaging design, etc. This is why I get a bit too critical and picky when it comes to analyzing the shots that end up in magazines for my biases, because in my job, I always have to look through all the photos I shoot and pick the ones that I think represents the products best while the models also look amazing in their poses. 

I actually think that CJH poses pretty well, trust me, after seeing so many of our models pose, it's ALWAYS awkward, not matter what. Even the best model will feel self-conscious sometimes. It just comes with the territory of the job, it's not really the models' fault that they feel awkward, it really is weird posing in front of strangers while trying to look cool. Of course, an experienced model is always better because they know their bodies and angles better and which side of their faces look better when captures by the camera. They'll also know which poses elongate their body and how the lighting around them affects how they look. It's also on the photographer to capture the poses and make the models look good as well. So a good shoot is when both the models and the photographers communicate well together to get the shot they want.
I think maybe why CJH looked a bit awkward to you was because maybe he was also a bit rusty. He had a long break after FTLY ended from photoshoots. I remember that stretch of time around summer when he had photoshoots for magazines, one after the other, promoting The Divine Move and FTLY. I think when he took on P&P, the turn around time was so short, he didn't have the usual time to promote P&P through photoshoots, only after he finished filming P&P did he have the time to finally take on photoshoots.
But honestly, he did a good job posing in that BTS video, very smexy, yet casual and manly. He's a good model without even needing to try (it's that height and build of his!) The rose part, he was probably trying to figure out how he wanted to pose with the flower without looking cheesy. Sometimes photoshoots are also experimental. It's fun to let the models try some new pose, even if it looks bad xD I love his High Cut shoot from 2013 (some of the shots in there are unflattering and hilariously funny - and that's the photographer + editor + director's fault for choosing bad photos because I saw his BTS from that shoot and he was wurking it, but I still swoon over these two shots):
hc103jinhyuk.jpgtumblr_mo9xkffMeE1r5z2nso1_500.jpg

And another fave shoot with a BTS that accompanied with it was the ELLE shoot from 2014 where he was smoking in it. I disapprove of smoking, but will not lie, he made it look hot:
choi-jin-hyuk-elle-aug-2013-02.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1jH2AjpoiPAJgz4K0c0cimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT7wJ_9w5AL2nOrKEUzaD

Also loved this shot of him in his photoshoot for IZE:05.jpg

AND OMG BLESS YOU ♥ for the translations! I hope his little directing/acting project gets picked up! I've been hoping he'll get a chance to act with Donghae again, I'm guessing he's including Donghae in there (but maybe not, SJ's schedule might be too busy), but I've been dying to see a mokpo-based drama with CJH and Donghae in it as brothers or bffs. I need this project to happen lol
And it's a good thing he got along so well with the cast and crew of P&P. Hopefully they can re-unite again (with a more amazing script) since the one thing EVERYBODY has noticed and praised P&P for, is the cast chemistry. It's one of the best, with everybody's acting on top of their game.
Regarding his thoughts on youth, I understand his POV on how he had to grow up fast because he was the only child and may or not have needed to be independent at an early age to help his family financially with work and then later, when he moved to Seoul at an early age with no friends/family's help to pursue his dreams. Then he was stuck in that 6 year purgatory no-name actor hell, which added on to bitter memories in his early to mid 20's when he should have been already enjoying the experience of fame or some measure of success during that time. 
BUT I hope he looks on the bright side. That at least he was still in his 20s when he finally achieved breakout success. He finally made it and as long as he has a positive outlook, age is all relative and just a number. Youth is all about what matters inside your heart and your mind and how your outlook on life, friendship, and family is. If you do youthful things like going out into nature or out with friend to dine/wine or to watch movies or go to music festivals, you'll still enjoy the perks of youth. Even when he gets out of the army, he'll still be in his early 30s, which imo, is still very young. 
As for Real Men, I'm sad that by the time he'll be going to the real army, Henry from Super Junior M will be leaving filming for Real Men. Henry was hilarious on Real Men (NECK SLICE!) and one of the main reasons to watch Real Men. I was kinda hoping they'd meet and Henry and CJH could bond and Henry could share some of his natural uplifting spirit and happiness to CJH.

Guest vforvintagevera

BTW LADIES HOLD ON TO YOUR COMPUTER SCREENS.
THE FIRST STILL OF CHOI JIN HYUK AS A VAMPIRE HAS BEEN RELEASED. And Yes. This news warrants all caps-case.

20150130-00000002-eiga-000-1-view.jpg
It's from Yahoo!Japan: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150130-00000002-eiga-moviI have no idea what the article says, it's all in Japanese, translation help ladies! Though I do believe via google translate that the article does talk about a little of what CJH's role in the film will be. I think he's the progeny / protege of the old vampire (Derek) you see in the photo below him.

Luckily, AsianWiki has added the movie to their database and updated the synopsis:

http://asianwiki.com/Vampire_in_Love

Unfortunately, no mention of CJH in the synopsis or what he'll be doing in the movie, but they do list his position along with his character's name, MIKE LOL and that he's the subordinate of Derek, the old vampire boss. I'm a little sad that it doesn't look like he'll have a lot of screentime (AGAIN) but hoping that his role is at least really juicy and that he'll get to show a fraction of the same charisma he oozed as Dark Wol Ryung for this role.

And sorry ladies, I have to put my opinions of what I think so far of this movie: I'm already ROFLCOPTORING at how generic and cheesy sounding the synopsis is, so I'm really hoping the trailers will change my mind, because at this point, I'm thinking it's going to be trainwreck with only CJH being the only actor worth watching in this. I'm expecting campy acting too. Also, I can't help laughing at how Derek is dressed. He looks like he's cosplaying as Dracula. At least Choi Jin Hyuk's vampire is dressed contemporary and chic with a slight 18th century flair with the high neck cravat. HOT. I'll literally be only watching this for him. Please please please let this movie be a pleasant surprise like The Divine Move was. I didn't think it was possible to make a violent movie about GO be interesting, but they somehow did it. And even though CJH also played a villainous lackey in it, he made bad look good and so damn hot.

Plot

Kiira (Mirei Kiritani) seems like an ordinary young girl, who likes to talk with her friends and to dress up. Her ultimate goal is to become the world's best baker, but what differentiates her from others is that she is a vampire. She has never told anyone her secret, including her childhood friend Tetsu, whom she played with everyday and liked as a child. After her parents died when Kiira was only 12-years-old, she had to go live with her relatives and lost contact with Tetsu.

Now, 8 years later, Tetsu appears at the bakery where Kiira is working part-time. Kiira is ecstatic to see her first love again. Soon, they are dating and Kiira dreams of having a family with Tetsu. Kiira also becomes filled with worries because she is vampire.

Cast

• Mirei Kiritani - Kiira
  • Shota Totsuka - Tetsu
  • Natsume Mito - Natsu
  • Summer Meng - Miki (Kiira's friend)
  • Ekin Cheng - Derek (vampire boss)
  • Choi Jin-Hyuk - Mike (Derek's subordinate) class="yjXL" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 22.3999996185303px; letter-spacing: -0.05em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: メイリオ, 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Meiryo, 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'MS PGothic', 'MS UI Gothic', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 27.2000007629395px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"
    class="yjXL" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 22.3999996185303px; letter-spacing: -0.05em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: メイリオ, 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro', Meiryo, 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3', 'MS PGothic', 'MS UI Gothic', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 27.2000007629395px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"桐谷美玲主演「恋する・ヴァンパイア」でアジアスターも吸血鬼に!
    桐谷美玲主演「恋する・ヴァンパイア」でアジアスターも吸血鬼に!

韓国のチェ・ジニョク(上)と 香港のイーキン・チェンもバンパイアに!

[映画.com ニュース] モデルで女優の桐谷美玲がバンパイア役で主演する映画「恋する・ヴァンパイア」(「・」はハートマーク)に出演したアジアスターたちが発表され、香港のスター俳優イーキン・チェン、韓国で絶大な人気を誇る人気俳優チェ・ジニョクがバンパイアに扮していることがわかった。

崔洋一監督の「カムイ外伝」で日本映画に初出演を果たしたイーキンが演じるのは、桐谷扮するキイラと因縁があるバンパイアの大ボス・デレック役。人間に恋するバンパイアを演じた桐谷について「とても美しくそして礼儀正しい女性でした」と語ったほか、銀幕デビューを果たした「A.B.C-Z」の戸塚祥太を「エネルギーにあふれていてダイナミックな役者さんだと思いました。戸塚さんには、俳優としてこのエネルギーと情熱を持ち続けてほしい」とエールを送る。さらに、「バンパイアは死にません……。きっとまたお会いするでしょう(笑)」とユーモアたっぷりのコメントを寄せた。

デレックの手下マイクを演じたチェは、「以前出演したテレビドラマ『九家の書』で守護霊の役を演じた時のことをよく思い出しました。その時は、超能力を駆使したり、変身したりしていたので、このバンパイア役を演じるにあたっても、難しいと感じることはなかったです」と余裕たっぷり。「今回は、バンパイアのどこか神秘的なものを感じてほしいと思い演じました」と振り返った。

2人のほか、台湾の女優モンガン・ルーがキイラの友人みき役として出演していることも発表された。数々の女性誌の表紙を飾ってきた実力派女優で、福山雅治が初めて台湾ドラマに主題歌を提供し、出演もしていることで話題を呼んだ「你照亮我星球(You Light Up My Star)」にも出演している。

世界一のパン職人を夢見るバンパイアのキイラ(桐谷)と、初恋相手の人間、哲(戸塚)が織り成すラブストーリー。主演の桐谷、戸塚のほか、人気モデルの三戸なつめらが共演する。今作で監督デビューを果たす鈴木舞が、原作の小説と脚本を兼ねた。4月17日から公開。東京・TOHOシネマズ新宿ではオープニング作品として上映される。

OK, the rate our man is pushing out interviews is driving me and @booha a little crazy. (I don't mean it negatively :D) The amount of news being released is... OMG... He's always done this - whenever his dramas end its run - the flurry of interviews and news reports coming out afterwards has always been insane, but I think he's really outdone himself this time. Moreover, he's going for Japan FM this weekend and there will be a ton of news and interviews in that part of the world, so I'll need to keep my eyes peeled to news and interviews from Japan over the weekend... 
@vforvintagevera - Thanks for the vampire CJH still and for providing the link to the article! I only translated out the portion talking about our guy (3rd last paragraph):
'CJH, who plays the role of Derek's subordinate, "Mike", said in a very relaxed manner: "I kept thinking about the time when I acted as a gumiho in my previous drama, GFB. At the time, he could freely use his supernatural powers, and change his form freely at will. In comparison, playing the role of a vampire here did not feel difficult at all." He added: "This time, I played the role with the intent of conveying that vampires had a somewhat mysterious feel to them."
AND I completely agree with you regarding the movie's plotline appearing very cheesy. Hahaha. I, for one, was shocked that Ekin Cheng (from Hong Kong) was the Vampire Boss, Derek. I ROFLed on that too. Twice over. It's ridiculously funny and I can already imagine myself cringing and guffawing when I eventually get a chance to watch it. But J movies do tend to be like that sometimes, don't take them too seriously, and just watch them with the intent of having a good laugh, and the movie can still end up being enjoyable. LOL. 

Hyukhyuk girls  Korean FM will be 2/28 and it posted to sell tickets on 2/4.  (It’s only for fans living in Korea. Someone mentioned about a small venue for FM. Perhaps CJH wanted to have a more intimate setting for him and his fans to say a goodbye.)

(( 약속 promise ))

V0Jq7uq.jpg

aomSaf5.jpg

cr to DC

@vforvintagevera   I’m very aware that any jobs related to publishing are in a cut throat market.  Telecommunication is a global economy so there should be plenty of opportunity.  Your job description seems very interesting.   I feel like it fits you well. Even though I have only known you in a limited capacity, you seem to have diverse interests and talents, and you could thrive well in the multi task environment.

Yes You are right pointing out the collaboration between a model and a photographer.  That’s exactly what he was doing in that video. He as an actor is the product and he tried to show certain a look or mood or feeling or something like that?? (sorry I couldn’t find right words for it)   In the process he hopes the photographer would capture something from him whether he did it consciously or subconsciously.   It’s like two artists(an actor & a photographer) playing a tango as they feed each other’s creativity. Thanks for sharing about the process.

About Donghae I don’t think they are seeing each other frequently.  You have to remember Donghae has firmly established the base which demands a busy schedule. Before when CJH was less known he probably had more time to fit into Donghae’s schedule. But now CJH has his own busy schedule so that it might be hard for them to socialize together regularly.  In HK FM interview CJH said LMH came to his house and ate chicken together just before PP. Then their next meeting was on the phone talking about a possible drink after the PP drama. People like them have such demanding schedules to have any normal relationship.   So these 4/5 dongsangs/ hubaes whom CJH mentioned, probably would have more flexible time to fit into CJH’s schedule.  However CJH mentioned that he would love to play a part with his native accent which he had a very difficult time to switching over to Seoul speech and whenever he had a chance to speak the Mokpo accent, he felt so delighted and free. He must have a deep emotional attachment with his home town.  I love your idea of CJH and Donghae playing brothers or cousins in their childhood hometown.   Btw After reading the article, I watched a few of Real Men on YT and it’s funny. I saw Henry too. I just learned there are more than one Super Junior and Henry’s from Super Junior M. Oh dear!

Edited by booha

hyukhyuk girls   Finally the news articles about CJH in ‘Vampire ♡ Love' came out.  RBH said CJH played the vampire Mike in the movie.  Otherwise there isn’t any new information about his part.  I hope this movie doesn’t become a total dud.  I don’t know much about any Japanese movie. But I feel the vampire movie  might give us a fun time talking about it.   hehe   At the moment there is no scheduling for this movie in Korea. Even if it shows on Korea, I don’t think CJH will be around to promote ‘Vampire ♡ Love'. Or this will make him more motivated to hurry into the army so that he doesn't have to promote it.   I picked this article because its headline had a fancy sound.

CJH, the Japanese film 'Vampire Love' ... making appearance with global stars

Ta5AjBd.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20150202/69424917/2

8zZFJG5.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha

Guest vforvintagevera

Hi ladies,
Any news on how CJH's Japanese fan event went? Didn't it happen on January 31st? I wonder why we haven't had any news about or fanaccounts, pictures, videos, etc.?
LOL @booha, this was my literal reaction when I found out about Super Junior and how many members they had:
tumblr_inline_ni9ebvS9bF1r9hslj.gif

I was initially first a Super Junior M fan because I really liked Donghae (he's my kpop bias), but it wasn't too hard learning all their names since there were only like 7 members to learn, but it was confusing because of them losing a member and then adding on two new members, but I always liked Henry and Kyuhyun, aside from Donghae. Henry is super talented, his violin and piano playing skills blew me away when he first debuted with Super Junior's Don't Don, and it's unfortunate that ELFs couldn't accept him so he got relegated to SJM instead. I'm happy he's having so much success as a solo artist in Korea, because it rubs it in the faces of the ELFs that still treat him awfully. Of course, when I learned that SJM was only the subgroup of Super Junior, I nearly fell off my chair, because it meant more names to learn! But now, I know all their members' names, past and present, but I still like only Donghae, Henry, and Kyuhyun the most. 
So that's how I became a CJH fan. I was first watching It's Okay Daddy's Girl for Donghae, but got blown away by CJH's acting. He was seriously the only one in that drama that was an actor who was acting, everybody else phoned it in when they realized how meh the plot got. I remember thinking that CJH was a super famous k-actor star, but it surprised me when he wasn't. He had the gravitas of an actor, the looks, the height, the acting chops, it really threw me off he wasn't well-known. So happy he got that break-out role he needed though from Gu Family Book. Wol Ryung is forever love.
tumblr_inline_nfxyvluuQv1r9hslj.gif

But yeah, like you and @celes80, I think we all have that "ehhhh" feeling when it comes to CJH's new japanese film. I just hope it's not cheesy and cheesy. That's all I want lol and I want CJH to be badass smexy and charismatic with lots of screentime. If I have to sit through a bad project, he better be the highlight of it. Like all his other projects (I Need Romance, Gu Family Book, Heirs, etc.) I have a feeling he's going to be the best thing about it ... again. 

It seems everybody wondered what happened to J-FM because there wasn’t any news or photos from it. But finally this very long ---- long news article came out with a few pictures. I’m posting the link because the article is long and @celes80 might have to decide whether it’s worth translating and if so when she could do it (sorry chingu!!)  So anybody who is curious, one can google it for now.

http://hot-korea.com/kpop/report.php?id=20150134

wW2b6PY.jpg

Zs9Awwq.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha

Thanks @booha!!!  Saw it earlier and was scratching my head... because it is soooo soooo long... it will take me forever to translate it... :( I'm wondering whether others (other news reporters) will get to it before I do, especially since I'm currently quite overwhelmed with translating all the other stuff. It might be faster to wait for others... The article is so long because basically it is a full account of what happened at the FM from beginning to end, including all the interview questions they posed to him and his full reply! I still haven't finished reading it but I'll try to finish it tonight after work or something.... IT IS SUPER INTERESTING!!! :x :x
There was quite a bit of lag time between the FM on Sat and the first reports coming out... I did manage to read a fan account of a J who went to his FM and from memory, she listed in her blog, some of the questions posed to our Hyuk and his reply (in summary). Since it's short, I decided to translate those instead. 
Here's the link to her blog:http://ameblo.jp/aoao035035/entry-11980806444.html

And the pics:o0640038013197569886_zpsll2yuhzv.jpg

Venue:

o0626035213204831860_zps3kfwliwd.jpg
Flowers the J fans sent to our Hyuk:o0526048013204831896_zpsupwnhxze.jpg
o0640048013204831883_zpsskkf8eqi.jpg

A promo poster of the "Love ♥ Vampire" movieo0480064013204831944_zpsgnlcyz6l.jpg

And finally, the interview questions translated (NB: this is from the girl's memory). I will need to read through the long long news report later to cross-validate the questions and the actual replies. So I hope this short translation will suffice everyone's curiosity for now.  ♥♥♥♥
Q. Once and for all, are you seeing anyone right now?CJH: For real, I'm not. I'm lonely....
Q: If we go to South Korea, where will we meet up? [i'm not sure about this Q&A translation - I need to double check this one with the article later...]CJH: In my house. 
Q: A good actor friend of yours is?CJH: Lee Min Ho. Yesterday, we were supposed to meet up for drinks, but I had to cancel at the last minute because of work.... So sad... (laughs) We were supposed to meet up at my house, and I was going to order in chicken, and talk over beer... We are very similar in character.
Q: What will you never give up on?CJH: My acting skills. (i'll translate the rest later)
Q: You mentioned that SNSD's Yuri was your ideal type once, so what happened after that?CJH: That was the script given to me for "Strong Heart" ... (i'll translate the rest later)
Q: What is the age range of girls you are willing to consider dating?CJH: Up to 10 years younger than me. Up to 7 years older than me. (HAHAHA!!!) 
Q: If there was a girl you liked, would you proactively approach her? Or would you wait and see?CJH: Aggressively go after her. Rather than confess to her, I would probably prefer to show it in my actions... For example, suddenly give her a kiss (laughs)
====Haha... so interesting right??? What do you all think?
Hyuk girls, please give me a bit of time to translate stuff. Rather overwhelmed right now... I was working on JMen over the weekend and its 75% done. Hope to post it maybe later tonight or tomorrow... It was one heck of a LONG interview.... 

Hello folks... I'm finally done with translating JMEN. Please go to my blog to read it: http://celesc.livejournal.com/13132.html;(I'm lazy to post it here, because its so long and I am so tired....)

That really was one heck of a LONG article, so I am going to let my brain rest for while and take a short break from translation. :) I will post interesting stuff from the J-FM after I'm done collecting and reading all the articles.
@PolarisCat and @chelseab - when you are well-rested from returning from Japan, please let us know how it went!! :)
P.S. The forum's been so quiet lately... Is that how it's going to be once our Hyuk enlists? Sigh.... I miss all the happy energy that you folk used to bestow me every morning as I visit this forum.... @ell4u. @chaybags55, @meomongco, @yeekrfan2 - where are all of you?? I miss you!!!

Guest chaybags55

Hi there @celes80 thanks for your translations.. Ive been busy with my personal life these days but I visit the thread even just for awhile to get updates. 
Oh that question of what is the age range of girls he is willing to consider dating.. I am tempted to break the rule of rounding off so I can fit in haha.. but its too too far so i guess I just have to admit that I am not qualified at all ..LOL..
Hello hyuk hyuk girls!! special mention to @yeekrfan2  wazz up chingu!
Keep the love for CJH burning!

:x :x  :x

Some random thoughts:
@vforvintagevera - I've been meaning to reply to all your awesome posts for some time, but I've been busy. I love all your insights about our Hyuk. I especially love how you were able to recognize the rough diamond of a man that he was, way before anyone of us picked up what a lovely gem he was. You have an amazing eye for beauty. :D It is no wonder you are an Art Director, how befitting. :x I wish sometimes I could have discovered him earlier. Then I could have spent more time being with him, supporting him through those dark times of his. How he got through it all... those dark times... I'll never understand. I only know that he is a guy with amazing willpower and I really admire his dogged persistence to pursue what he loved, no matter how tough the going was. He is a really good man. A simple, good man. I was really touched when I read about his story in the JMEN magazine - the bonds he has with his mom and how they all hugged around the dinner table and cried, when he realized that finally, his dark times were a thing of the past. How tough must it have been for him to have endured it all these years, all the while making his mom worry about him. I really love our guy. I love him for the wonderful decent human being that he is. I wish the world for him and nothing but the best. And just as I thought I was blessed to have discovered him, even if I did so rather belatedly, he has to leave us and enlist in the army. :(
I don't know about the rest of you guys. I know when he's gone, this forum will be all quiet and maybe we will all move on with the rest of our lives, finding new guys to swoon over and dramas to watch... and I know I would too...  But I also know that a small part of me will always have him in my thoughts, even as I move on... But he is not forgotten. I will be waiting for him to be discharged for the army, so I can continue to be charmed by him and his acting. 
There was a news headline today which said that he still has not received his enlistment notice. His current focus is just on completing his FMs. It is a wonderful thing, FMs, they are happy events... but somehow these are very bittersweet. It is his way of saying goodbye. I like how he has us all in his heart by organizing all these FMs. 
(I am very sentimental today... :(( )
I'll miss him so much when he's gone..... *tear*

Oh wow I just perfectly fit in the age range thing xD

Since he said he's going to aggressively seek after a woman he likes then I guess if we we're walking now down the hallway we would slam into each other head on :P Id like to think so anyway...

@chaybags55‌ looks like your plan of kissing him out of the blue wasn't so bad after all LOL

@celes80 oh thanks so much for the translation of Q&A posted by the blogger. Yes they are entertaining and endearing. A dc fan made a google translation in Korean too. haha    But I read someone in dc would translate it starting tomorrow but it wouldn’t be done in one shot due to long content.   At least for me the google Korean sounded better than the google English.

If you are interested in translating Q&A , I wonder if it might be better after he goes to the army since you already did a short version of it??  When he will be in the army, there isn’t going to be much news about him. This thread will be very quiet so we could have more fun reading it then?    It’s like having a rainy day fund.

PS Thanks for working on JMEN

hyukhyuk girls  Here is another site about CJH & vampire.

Choi Jin Hyuk Vamps It Up For A Supernatural Love Story

Choi Jin Hyuk

Viewers have already seen Choi Jin Hyuk play Gu Wol Ryung, a mythological creature known as a gumiho, and now they can see him play a vampire.

Gumhos can live a thousand years but his "Gu Family Book" character sacrificed near-eternity for love. The supernatural love story helped make the actor a breakout star.

And he is not done with supernatural roles.   On February 2, his agency, Red Bricks, revealed that he plays the character Mike in the Japanese film "Love Vampire." The film is a love story between a human and an vampire.

"When I received the script I was reminded of Gu Wol Ryung from 'Gu Family Book,'" said Choi Jin Hyuk. "I did not think it would be difficult to play a vampire since I already acted as a character that uses supernatural powers and I transformed as Gu Wol Ryung did. I hope I can show a new side of me in the vampire role."

The film premieres on April 17 in Japan. It is a global project featuring Japanese stars Mirei Kiritani and Totsuka Shota in the leading roles. But it also stars Ekin Chang of Hong Kong and Meng Geng Ru of Taiwan.

Choi Jin Hyuk is the only Korean actor with a role in this film. He plays the right hand man of a vampire boss, the role played by Ekin Chang.

The film tells the story of Keira, a vampire who has successfully lived among humans. She has reunited with her first love after years of separation and just wants to work as a baker and live an ordinary life. Mike's vampire boss does not agree with her plans.

Choi Jin Hyuk was offered the role in June 2014 and traveled to Japan to work on the film. Since his appearance in "GuFamily Book" and then "The Heirs" he has not stopped working. He appeared in the police drama "Pride and Prejudice," which premiered on Oct. 27, 2014.  And "Emergency Couple" was the fourth drama he did in 2014. He appeared in "Emergency Couple" with Song Ji Hyo, "Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit" with Lee Soon Jae and Kim Heechul and also in "Fated To Love You" with Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara.

It may be the last time viewers see him before he leaves to fulfill his mandatory military duty. At the after party for "Pride and Prejudice," he said that he was expecting his enlistment notice in February. He was originally scheduled to fulfill his duty as a conscripted policeman in the Seoul Police Public Relations Department but opted instead to serve as a regular soldier.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/72015/20150202/choi-jin-hyuk-vamps-it-up-for-a-supernatural-love-story.htm

Edited by booha

Summer Meng

AGdqHEx.jpg

http://asianwiki.com/Summer_Meng

I checked out Summer Meng.  She is only 23 (US 22).  She is the one who is supposed to have a neck bite from CJH right?  I haven’t had time to read much except her facebook which has many interesting pictures and shows her lively personality.

PS  I just saw Summer Meng posted about Vampire in Love in her FB.  It's in Chinese but I can read it well with the google English.

https://www.facebook.com/SummerMeng

去年耿如去日本參與了「恋する・ヴァンパイア」電影的演出

除了有日本傑尼斯旗下偶像戶塚祥太和超可愛的桐谷美玲外,

耿如這次搭配的演員是韓國人氣演員崔振赫,

他們的人都好帥好美好親切,團隊也對我們非常的好,

還記得殺青那天,耿如和桐谷美玲還依依不捨地哭了呢(ToT)

這次終於聽到日本要在4/17號上映了,

真的好開心,也終於能夠和大家說這件事了,哈~

希望有機會也能夠在台灣跟其他地方上映,

一起看看耿如在這部電影中有別於以往不同的精彩演出

之後會陸續放花絮照給大家看,要持續鎖定呦(管)

vbKuA6I.jpg

some of pictures from Meng FB

聽說這個最近很夯?

UluuUys.jpg

睏睏當中妝髮完畢

拜託雨趕快停:(

iiPQ8Uy.jpg

這.....姿勢是變異的青蛙嗎?

Or3AKsp.jpg

把頭甩斷最帥氣

uKQ0cfY.jpg

大家都在武媚娘

我來個武熊貓妝

不要揍我啦拜託

Y9KbeBk.jpg

Edited by booha

booha said:
hyukhyuk girls  Here is another site about CJH & vampire.
class="at_ttl"Choi Jin Hyuk Vamps It Up For A Supernatural Love StoryViewers have already seen Choi Jin Hyuk play Gu Wol Ryung, a mythological creature known as a gumiho, and now they can see him play a vampire.
Gumhos can live a thousand years but his "Gu Family Book" character sacrificed near-eternity for love. The supernatural love story helped make the actor a breakout star.
And he is not done with supernatural roles.   On February 2, his agency, Red Bricks, revealed that he plays the character Mike in the Japanese film "Love Vampire." The film is a love story between a human and an vampire.

"When I received the script I was reminded of Gu Wol Ryung from 'Gu Family Book,'" said Choi Jin Hyuk. "I did not think it would be difficult to play a vampire since I already acted as a character that uses supernatural powers and I transformed as Gu Wol Ryung did. I hope I can show a new side of me in the vampire role."

The film premieres on April 17 in Japan. It is a global project featuring Japanese stars Mirei Kiritani and Totsuka Shota in the leading roles. But it also stars Ekin Chang of Hong Kong and Meng Geng Ru of Taiwan.

Choi Jin Hyuk is the only Korean actor with a role in this film. He plays the right hand man of a vampire boss, the role played by Ekin Chang.

The film tells the story of Keira, a vampire who has successfully lived among humans. She has reunited with her first love after years of separation and just wants to work as a baker and live an ordinary life. Mike's vampire boss does not agree with her plans.

Choi Jin Hyuk was offered the role in June 2014 and traveled to Japan to work on the film. Since his appearance in "GuFamily Book" and then "The Heirs" he has not stopped working. He appeared in the police drama "Pride and Prejudice," which premiered on Oct. 27, 2014.  And "Emergency Couple" was the fourth drama he did in 2014. He appeared in "Emergency Couple" with Song Ji Hyo, "Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit" with Lee Soon Jae and Kim Heechul and also in "Fated To Love You" with Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara.

It may be the last time viewers see him before he leaves to fulfill his mandatory military duty. At the after party for "Pride and Prejudice," he said that he was expecting his enlistment notice in February. He was originally scheduled to fulfill his duty as a conscripted policeman in the Seoul Police Public Relations Department but opted instead to serve as a regular soldier.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/72015/20150202/choi-jin-hyuk-vamps-it-up-for-a-supernatural-love-story.htm

Guest vforvintagevera

@celes80,
Awww thank you for your compliments ♥ But tis I who should be thanking you for your awesome translations!! I had NO idea that his Strong Heart answer about SNSD's Yuri being his ideal was scripted. WTH. That is a HUGE surprise, because I had really thought it was true, but now that I think about it, his answer about him having a Yuri folder/player in his computer did sound a bit creepy lol no way that'd be something he'd admit to doing on public TV unless he was forced to. I also thought it was true because he later dated Son Eun Seo, who kinda resembles Yuri and I just figured that was his type lol 
If he had to cancel on Minho and go to work, does this mean his agency lined up something for him? it had to be big, like a AD or photoshoot or interview in order for him to have to cancel on Minho. I'm hoping it will be work that'll tide us over during his military service. 
His answer about dating noonas doesn't surprise me. If his Strong Heart story about his past girlfriend (who was a noona five years older than him that committed suicide over their breakup) was true, then the 7 years older bit is definitely his honest answer xD
TBH, even though I was rooting for CJH back in 2011/2012, I'm actually sad I didn't find this forum/board sooner for CJH. Back then, it was really hard to find news about CJH to fangirl with people and when he did have a new acting project, it never generated much interest within Korea - so I could only loosely follow his career through the occasional gossip/news mentions via AllKpop and casting news via OmonaTheyDidn't, Dramabeans, Koala's Playground and Couch Kimchi (and even his personal twitter account which he had until he closed after he made it big with Gu Family Book). He was such a selfie lover back then lol I also remember him thanking the fans via twitter for the support he received from his first 2 episodes on GFB and then later announcing his excitement via twitter that he was getting more episodes in GFB. So I was sad when he closed his twitter account. But actually, you'd be surprised to know how many people were rooting for him back in the day around 2010-12. Especially on Dramabeans and Couch Kimchi, all the mods there were rooting for him and constantly praising him, but lamenting the fact that he was in below mediocre dramas and not well-known in Korea. When he did get cast as Gumihot Daddy, Dramabeans was initially skeptical of the drama itself, but when it did air, they were floored by his performance of Wol Ryung, hence why WR gets so much love on DB (The one mane to rule them all - the most glorious mane of glory) and their pick as the character most deserving of their own drama.
@booha,
Thank you for posting those pics and sharing that article of his fanmeet. I was wondering if it had got cancelled or something. The HK fanmeet was bursting with news and media reports, interviews, while the JPN fanmeet was so quiet. No news articles until now, and no media reports or interviews with Japanese media, etc. So strange the difference between the two. 

Guest meomongco

@celes80, and @ dear my chingus,Wow, it's been for a long time no be here. I've really missed all you girls. I'm still very busy for my job. Chinese New Year's coming soon and i have many things to do.
I still try to visit you and the thread when i have a free time. 
I am really happy to hear that our Hyukie will play more a character before leaving for MS. And happier than because he will play with Ekin Chang. Chang is so famous in Asia and maybe in whole the world...:X. Perfect. I'm happy to translate the article to Vietnam fans...:X
@booha, and @celes80 noona, @PolarisCat, @chelseab thanks alot for your translations and updating for his infors. You make me feel to know about him more while i am really busy.
@Yeekrfan2, @chaybags55 @ell4u, @Vforvintagevera, miss you so much all 
And of course all girls here. 
Don't forget that i always miss you and be right here with you. I will be back soon! I'm sure!!!

I just read the J-FM report in full and realised that the girl's Q&A were rather different. Then I suddenly remembered that Jin Hyuk actually held 2 FMs that day, each lasting half a day, and so questions posed by the audience in one FM may have been different from the other one, which is why I didn't see the same questions in the article... The report posted the full account of the 2nd FM, which is I think the same one that @Polariscat and @chelseab went for. 
 The J-FM had a very different feel to the HK one. It was much more intimate and he allowed for a lot more fan interaction between himself and all who came to see him. Taking questions directly from the floor, coming down from the stage and moving in between the seats so he was really directly in front of you in some instances. And the Q&A time was really lengthy, it was more like a fan-directed personal interview session with him than the usual FM formats we are used to seeing. He'd mentioned before in his last J-FM in 2012 that he'd wanted it that way, the format to be less stiff, so I'm glad for the fans who got this direct interaction. I'd imagine in Korea it would be a lot more intimate than this one. But not so Taiwan. Some of the questions and his replies are very cute. He talked about getting drunk, and Choi Min Soo, exercising, PP, Japan's girls... 
I'm really hoping that some news agency translate it out into English or something... Maybe let's wait a couple of days and see how it goes first... Much as I want to share the news with all of you, I'm really very tired... :( 
And oops, I corrected the link for JMen in earlier post. It should work now... If u guys find any new news of J FM, let me know and I'll see what I can do.