The 1st Vietnam Idol: Phương Vy

Guest mizzlinhie

Guest mizzlinhie

UPDATE: new single - Story about a Girl w/ a new english track!
UPDATED:

Page 3: 1st Single (Oct 2008) - Chuyện Về Người Con Gái (Story about a Girl)

phuongvy2qn4.jpg

Name: Nguyễn Ngọc Phương Vy

Born: August 27, 1987 (20 years old)

Origin: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Years active: 2007-present

Label: Music Faces Company

Official Website: http://www.phuongvy.vn

Nguyễn Ngọc Phương Vy is a Vietnamese singer who won the first season of Vietnam Idol, in 2007.

Phương Vy (b. August 27, 1987) auditioned for Vietnam Idol in Ho Chi Minh City. She proceeded into the top 10 and was never voted into the bottom three. Phương Vy advanced into the final and won the title over Ngọc Ánh on October 3rd 2007 with 53.44% of the votes. Upon winning the competition, she was awarded $US10,000 and signed a recording contract with the Music Faces Company.

She represented Vietnam in the first Asian Idol competition, held in December 2007. Even though Phương Vy was not the winner, she admitted that she had gained a great deal from this great experience, and that participating in the competition had brought her to the next level.

The Asian Idol audiences did not expect such great vocal skills from this young woman (she was the youngest contestant), who had just won the Vietnam Idol title two months before, but ended up being amazed by Vy's English-language performance on the great soul classic "River Deep, Mountain High." The audiences love the way she carried herself on stage. Some also said that Vy has great potential to win a future Asian Idol competition. With her looks, vocal skills, charisma, confidence, and such a cheerful personality, Vy has captured the heart of many audiences. Vy is now known to be the pretty/gorgeous Vietnam Idol with great talents on Asian Idol 2007.

Phương Vy is currently working on her first album, which is scheduled for release in early 2008.

Photos:

bgmm3.th.jpg bgpagefx7.th.jpg 165515672si9.th.jpg 9d7927ccf2b40a5087977fchj7.th.jpg 9a337c59a4fbe8df88a7e90cv2.th.jpg 6879cdeff73ec17887b2fd4yd5.th.jpg phuongvy1qg9.th.jpg

Videos:

Road to Asian Idol 2007 (Vietnam Idol)

'River Deep, Mountain High' & 'Luc Moi Yeu' Performance (Asian Idol)

Phuong Vy & Mau Marcelo - I Will Survive (Asian Idol Battle)

Phuong Vy & Siu Black - I Love Rock 'n Roll (Asian Idol Result Show)

Six Idols Performance (Asian Idol Result Show)

Phuong Vy's 1st Song (Vietnam Idol '07)

Phuong Vy's 2nd song (Vietnam Idol '07)

Phuong Vy's 3rd Song (Vietnam Idol '07)

dsc02947resizejx6.jpg

credits wiki & phuongvy.vn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chinese tears <3

Ooo, I didn't know there was an Asian Idol... I want to watch it! She looks pretty. I watched VN Idol though, and I liked Ngoc Anh better, lol... but I usually only like listening to male singers anyways so I guess I'm kind of biased. =X It's cool that she represented Vietnam and made a good impression. I hope she'll go far :]

Guest Inconnu

^ No she didnt win... What a dissapointment. She had such a strong voice yet she

choosed that Vietnamese song with such weak vocals... she couldve chosen one that

fit with her amazing voice. Sigh... I actually agreed with the Phillipines judge. Even

though the song was beautiful, it really lacked enthusiasm and was really empty. lol

hady from singapore won...

he had alot of crazy girl fans to support him..

I personally thot Indonesia,malaysia and philippines contestant were better but Phuong was good too

Guest mizzlinhie

^ No she didnt win... What a dissapointment. She had such a strong voice yet she

choosed that Vietnamese song with such weak vocals... she couldve chosen one that

fit with her amazing voice. Sigh... I actually agreed with the Phillipines judge. Even

though the song was beautiful, it really lacked enthusiasm and was really empty. lol

I thought so too. Vy should've choose a song that fits her strong voice. The judges were expecting alot from her Vietnamese song too :( Oh well, make a better choice next time Vy. That song is nice but it's not a song for a competition like Asian Idol.

Guest splendidlure

wow. i didn't know there was a vietnam idol. and even more, an asian idol. haha. i remember when i saw a parody of vietnam idol on paris by night & look it came true. haha. i find it funny how the sign says "vietnam" idol instead of vietnamese idol.

i will see how big/strong her voice is. =/

Guest chocopocky

She's gorgeous! Wow!

reminds me of Kim Ah-joong. :)

wowow, her voice is so big and strong!!

we need more Vietnamese singers like her.

I'm glad she won VN idol.

I was watching this show for a while when i was over there. It got reallly confusing so i stopped watching, but she was pretty good though. Good for her.

Archived