Arirang Labels Kara And Battle As "not Successful"

WG, Big Bang, SNSD, F.T.I, Battle, KARA
Watch It: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wODX7xe4gs

I REUPLOADED THE LINK SO YOU DONT HAVE TO BE THAT PERSONS FRIEND JUST TO WATCH IT! <_<

Arirang features the Successful and Failures of Groups in 2007.

865x55j.jpg

On this week Arirang Showbiz, the representatives discuss about the "IDOL GROUPS"- at the top of their game and "Follow-the-trend- Attitude shortens careers. Basically, they generalize on how some of the new groups that has debuted/and or comeback were either successful or not. The discussion was mostly directed at the Management companies YG, SM, JYP, DSP, Good Ent, and M.net. The Idol groups such as Wonder Girls, F.T Island, So Nyuh Shi Dae, and Big Bang have received positive feedback due to how their management companies were able to promote them successfully. The second part of the showbiz focuses on the "failures" of the new groups for as they "follow the trend" meaning trying to become the second Fin.kl or Shinhwa. As leaving negative comments on the management companies of KARA and Battle [calling them "No-how hand experiencing management companies] , some of the reasons why they considered them "failures" were due to 1] "Lack of Musical Skills", 2] "Lack of Musical creativity", and 3] "Interest in 'short -term' success". The comments were not only directed to the two groups but rather directed to the management companies as well.

6lo1s9z.jpg

89u01hc.jpg

I kind of find the article truthful but saying how they are failures just turn me off. I mean comparing these two groups against the 4 is impossible. All what KARA/BATTLE needs is just more support. They should not just be called Failures but rather “not as successful" because they are successful but no where to the point where the other 4 are. I am also disappointed however to how they didn't include all the "other" seconds that supposedly disappeared. I agree that KARA needs to have better promotion and they do kind of lack originality, but no where do they lack musical talent.

1] Yes I am a big KARA fan, and I am not trying to gain attention for KARA and/or Battle, I’m just posting this for opinions from others from what they think.

2] If MODS think this thread should be closed, then please close it.

3] Absolutely no bashing other artists.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest icecube.

okay I'm not much of a big KARA fan but a BIG WG fan

but it was just wrong saying that they were not successful

and failures in the kpop scene..arirang is very biased on

the groups' popularity and their own opinions..

Guest x3DOLPHiN

I thought it was mean ..

I started searching up Kara, & they were in the same entertainment at SS501 & i knew they were gonna be low on promoted. I think Kara is like Wonder Girls, it's just JYP & SM & YG knows what they are doing & knows how to make their groups popular.

The man who is the boss of DSP needs to learn some lessons from JYP.

It's NOT THEIR SINGING ! KARA & WONDERGIRLS are EQUAL ! [thats what i think] ;)

its just Mr.DSP doesn't know whats his doing to get them what they need.

BUT I HEARD SS501 is getting popular in Japan ?

but . Big Bang really OWNED all of them. Maybe its just the song Lies, they made us love them more.

But i have to say, it was a very good piece. But Last Farewell ehhh , its okay. :tears:

&& to top it off !

Kara & Battle beated like thousands of young teens that wanted to be in their spots.

DUH! they are talented.

just .. PROMOTiNGG ! <_<

It is really unnecessary to label them as "failures". I mean, I am not a fan of KARA or BATTLE but I think their talents (vocally, dance, stage presence, and etc.) are at par (or almost at par) with some of the groups mentioned above. It is just the factor of poor promotion and their company's status in the industry that kick into play, and not to mention having to bare the burden of the "2nd .... " is really not a good way to start out...

Oh well, good luck in the future to all groups!!!

-ida

Guest angel2nyt

they havent been in the industry for 2 years.. and theyre already labeled as failures..

i dont care what arirang says, i still have high hopes for this two groups

Guest inspire.me*

KARA or BATTLE are not failures in the music industry.

like i said before, it was wrong to say that they are failures in the music industry--- KARA

just wasn't as successful as the other becauses what they need was the support from the

company, which KARA didn't get.

i agree that promotion sucked for them and their album wasn't the greatest but i know for

a fact that for sure KARA does have the talent.

Guest dudnaito

Who can say although I do find it strange that you feel that they have a sufficient level of musical talent to keep them in the k-pop scene. They're not bad, but they do seem to rely more on their looks and charm. It seems pretty well accepted that they basically left "showsurvival," because they frankly couldn't compete against the other competitors musically.

I'm actually more curious how groups like super junior and so nyu shi dae are doing financially for the members. How exactly are the members getting paid? Do guys like Kang In get paid more for being in so many shows? All in all, the entire k-pop scene isn't doing too well financially with the exception of a Bi or BoA who were able to break out of the Korean scene. Korea frankly doesn't seem to have the necessary population to finance their musical stars, and of course, mp3's are a huge problem in Korea especially with everybody in Korea being so tech-savvy.

Guest addickshun

i'm a KARA fan,

i totally dislike them for saying that

as cuz' KARA's not from a big company with less promotions

plus. KARA's not the same with SNSD and WG.

great to see ftisland a BIGGGG success<3

Guest juhilove

this article is so baised this groups still have times to show more one year if not determind to judge if this group sucessful or not , and Idont agree when they say they dont have talent Battle live skill is great they should see their live perfomance before judge they just looking in one side if they popluar or not but this not the only side for any new artist Ilove kara album they have great music but there was big competitions this year so it was hard little bit and it like saying shinhwa choice is wrong when they pick Battle member

Battle in haitues because they are perparing for Best album they can for their fans and they will come back after one month and for sure the album will be awesome they work hard Iam just waiting for album and it will prove those wrong wait and see Ijust cant handle this kind of article that try put people down when they are working hard to make mark in this industry and forget talent just foucs how much popluar they become Iwill support Battle forever

Guest Jamieâ„¢

well in comparison to the other groups, Kara & Battle are not as successful

BUT I think they are still quite popular, and their singles/albums sold decently (Kara sold around 10,000+ for their album.. I don't know battle's statistics since I'm not a fan =T) for album sales nowadays

there are several other groups that debuted this year that were less sucessful than Kara & Battle imo.. so I don't understand why they weren't mentioned..

maybe it's because I'm a big Kara fan, but I see potential in them to become more popular, they just need more promotion.

one thing I do agree with the article about is that trying to label groups as '2nd finkl' or '2nd shinhwa' for more attention backfires.. It just creates unnecessary comparisons -__-

Kara should have debuted with a single so their promotion could be longer when they release their first album.

Why do they mention Big Bang?

I know they only got really successful this year with 'Lies,' but to compare them with newbies like F.T Island, Wonder Girls, and SNSD?

V Yeah, where the heck is Storm Kitty?

They were on Inkigayo once and then they disappeared again..

Guest splendidlure

i think if ur gonna be a "2nd" or a "female version" you should have powerful support. like seeya has the support of sg wannabe who trained them. or dbsk was considered "2nd h.o.t." but had the smart promotions of SM & backing from boa<3

kara is talented. but not really mind-blowing like big bang to really be super popular/stand out yet. i see potential.

i agree. there were less popularity from other girl groups yet the article fails to mention them. where's storm kitty, cats & babyvox rev. now?

popularity does not equal talent. there are a whole gripp of underrated talented groups/artists out there that the korean audience fail to notice. like, lena park/brown eyed girls. i barely hear about 8eight & yet their album was amazing.

Guest lilswtazndevil

isnt it kinda mean to say somebody not successful in their career especially when they are so young...

they need support!!

im a fan of all groups!!! =]

failures?! i dont think so.

i loooove kara and battle!!! i loved every single song they had!! they both definatly had talent!!!

but i dont think they did well on promoting them.

i hope kara and battle come back soon!!!!! i really miss them!!

i guess they're "failures" in the music market.

like the other groups are racking in a lot more money compared to kara and battle.

they just need like a hit song (ie. tell me - wonder girls)

Guest susiexpark

I think compared to the other groups listed, it is true that Kara and Battle are less successful.

But .. there are a lot more bands that were "hear one time and never hear about them again" bands.

It was hard to be a great success as a band during this year in my opinion.

It seemed everybdy and their mom were debuting as a band, increasing the competition.

Just the fact that Kara and Battle is remembered (even as "failures") makes them success as being famous?

I'm sure both groups will have more success in the following year. Maybe they'll try a new concept or just have good luck.

Guest *lilyisland*

I watched this program on tv last night and thought that it was kinda mean to Battle and Kara , they said that Girl's Generation were more successful and stuff but like in Thailand (my country) Battle and Kara are much more famous than Girl's Generation and they have thousands of girl and boy fans here^^;

Archived