Arirang Labels Kara And Battle As "not Successful"

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ~ cherrie ~

though i'm not so much of Kara and Battle fan ( never hear their songs ), their management cos. are to be blamed..they are not promoting them much instead

rushing things. it's so mean and rude to label them as 'failures' ..come on, they still have fans going crazy over them..:)

why they so-call 'labeled' as failed?

1. bad management.

2. lack of promotions.

3.bad bad management.

4. sucky management.

every group has its own popularity, skills and all.. why all the sudden mentioning something that is so hurtful.

but the reality is that they are not that popular compared to better management like YG, JYP and SM..

YG, JYP and SM really are hardcore mgmt.companies..they really make you work your a** off..

they got to bring something new and fresh..otherwise they will be eaten alive by bigger sharks..ouch!

Kara and Battle Hwaiting! . . ^^

Guest subdwfreaky

some of the reasons why they considered them "failures" were due to 1] "Lack of Musical Skills", 2] "Lack of Musical creativity", and 3] "Interest in 'short -term' success".

LMAO.....i was burning hell when i read that article..especially that one part....

darn them.....i never like artistes who don't qualified to become one.....

and i don't like Battle or Kara....I absolutely L O V E them.....and erm...i don't find myself attracted at all to the rest of this year's new groups...with some exceptions like..T-Max...Sunny Hill...

if i want to.....i can bashhhhhh, argue, question and criticize talents of other so called 'successful' new-debuted artistes of the year.....

but since the rule in first page forbid me from doing so..... :P i shall not break it. (or try not to)

1] "Lack of Musical Skills"

Okay....so...anyone had really seen Battle err....sing LIVE?...or KARA?.....Battle's first live performance was the best thing i've ever seen....they can sing, they can rap, they can dance.....n to be honest...i tried some other groups too..who can't really sing..but they're worshipped like mad...so..what musical skills that they have more than my Battle?.....same goes for Kara....it's cuz they're really good in live stages that i am so proud of these two groups.. altho i love Battle more....and come on...they didn't even train for years like some other can't-sing artistes...i'm seriously pissed off....haha...

2] "Lack of Musical creativity"

so...are they trying to tell us that every other group who came out brought out the most creative things?......i know Kara songs are pop-ish.....but aren't most some other popular girlgroups like that too?....and for Battle who are willing to try n adapt new genres and various music styles....i don't know what more to say...and don't come n tell me all other successful groups make their own music... :lol:

3] "Interest in 'short -term' success"

oh..and where did this come from?!! Cuz they're said to be 2nd FinK.L n 2nd Shinhwa?...did they claim that themselves?...people who called them that...and they're the ones to be bashed over n over again. Darn. so..they're saying other artistes are so long-term focused? *tries to refrain from mentioning names*

This is my opinion....i don't think they're promoted with enough hype to catch attention..even if there were hypes...all were bad hypes to make people hate them or look down on them such as being 2nd this n that.......and plus....they're more brought out in music shows/ stage performances here n there than featured in Variety shows.....so people didn't care/bother much.....and that's the main reason.

i am so darn pissed-off n my hands turned cold. suddenly i felt like tearing

i know my Battle is more underrated than Kara.....

but i know how Awesome both groups are...and i'm glad because i know n love them, and i'm not among the people who look down on them just cuz they didn't know them.

maybe if Kara is given better songs...it'd be great...but i still doubt they'd get as much attention...

what Battle needs is just a chance from skeptical views of audience.....cuz they're great enough to me.....everytime i watch them performing....not once they disappoint me as a fan...or made me embarrassed to admit i'm a fan....(the incident where their music was screwed on live perf..and how they handled.......shows how 'musically talented' n not to mention, mature they are....you go Battle!!)

i know both groups are not as popular as SNSD,Wonder girls, big bang, ft island.........so what?

being not as popular doesn't make them lack anything in terms of musical talent or whatever....

having good skills isn't always the key to have many fans n support.....at least that's my conclusion from observing Kpop scene nowadays... :sweatingbullets:

i won't be so mad if they said Battle n Kara are failures cuz they're not popular enough among teens/fans or whatever...

but saying it's cuz they lack bla bla and having short interest....gosh...i feel so bad for them....

especially for Battle whom i've really come to understand their talents n vision....

anyhow.......i want them to come back and show those __________________ what they're made off...

Fighting BATTLE n KARA!!!! my fav boyband n girlgroup of all time.

-edit-

finally arirang is interesting for a change

anyways

i agree cause i dont know who they are

well i know kara but im not that big of a fan

^ well...an example/proof of what i said... =/

ps: and no..i'm not saying Battle n Kara are great simply cuz i love them....i love them cuz they're great. try them before deciding.

Guest Meethoing

WHAT?!?!,.. NO WAY.. THEIR TV PROGRAM IS GONNA BE A FAILURE NOW.. i mean this whole program should not have been shown.. KARA.. their great singers.. they have a lot of talents but i think its because of their record label.. but still there should be no bashing of whos more POPULAR and etc.. abiout the record label.. obvious SM JYP AND YG already have major big artists in the company.. but i still think that they should not be call failures or "not successful".. this upsets me.. i love BIG BANG and little bit of WG but still..

i just think this program should of never air.

EDIT.. okay... i think its wrong to say that kara and battle were not successful.. i think they did good for their first year. if you exceed great expectations your first year of debut... wow!.. like BIG BANG.. damn! their really popular right now.. and WG with their tell me dance and everything.. but because they had such good ratings or wateva.. their consider TOP groups right now.. i think just because kara didnt sell as much albums as WG.. their not failures.. whatever.

That really hurt.

I'm a big big big big Kara fan, and I support the girls in everything. And i really think that Sunghee is going to be one of the best singers in Korea when she goes solo. She has an amazing talent, she makes things easy & wonderful.

What it hurts is that they label them like "failures". It should be a failure when you dont get anything from something you do, but Kara have a strong a faithful fan base, so this isnt just insulting Kara, is also insulting to the ones that follow them, so i think is the wrong term.

The truth is clear, they weren't promoting anything, how many times i've said that (i was so sorry for the girls because always looks like they were the poor ones, it made me so hard to understand how 9 girls can be dressed up 3 times! what is equal to 27 pairs of clothes, and Kara always had the same clothes on....). They need to get promoted, They need to spend money on them, to people find them pretty and fresh. They need to be not only on gayo shows but in tv shows once a week for people see you there and know you.

DSP, PROMOTION PLEASE! ¬¬

Guest damifino

lols!!! this seems like a joke to me =.=

kara and battle do hve their talents.

they hvent been doing much promotions doesnt really mean they arent successful

No, the not doing much promotions doesn't mean they aren't successful, the lack of album sales does :ph34r:

I think folks are taking this article too much to heart. They didn't say that they will be unsuccessful for the rest of the careers, just that for the year 2007 of the groups that debuted, they weren't successful (or "failures") in Korea... after all, Arirang reports on Korea not the rest of the world. There were probably over a half a dozen that came out and for them even to be remembered as failures is saying that they weren't complete failures. I mean, they didn't list Cats, BabyVox Rev., T-Max, Storm, Tachyon, etc.

As for talent, being more successful doesn't necessarily mean that folks are more talented. This is k-pop we are talking about here. Besides, if everything were solely based on talent, 3/4 of those in show biz would no longer be in it. It's always about being at the right place at the right time with the right song and the right backing. Who knows, Kara and Battle could end up being the most successful in the long run and the other artists could just be one hit wonders. The future isn't something that we nor Arirang can predict nor did they. They just talked about 2007.

I'm not a fan of either..but that's rude to say they are failures..they just need good promotion .n. more support.

I think the article is targeting the company more.

I can see where the article is coming from. They meant to say is that these groups will become failures IF the companies don't get off there a$$es and promote them more.

These groups really need promotion, get more notice.

I think another group you can add is Baby Re.Vox...they did the whole "disappearing act"..lol

Guest cc_yang

i don't really know what to say about this because... i only listen to 1 or 2 songs from each of these groups that are listed... from Kara... i only listen to one song... from Battle... i don't listen to them at all... Wonder Girls... two songs... So Nyuh Shi Dae... two songs... Big Bang... i listen to Big Bang... FT Island... i haven't listen to any of there songs yet... i have it... but... i haven't gotten the chance to listen to it yet... but... i did hear that FT Island are good... because they are talented... anyhow... about Kara and Battle... i did hear that they didn't make it as big as the new groups... when Kara and Wonder Girls debut at the same time... i did hear that Wonder Girls was better than Kara... and as for Battle... didn't really hear much about them... anyhow... i don't know... i just want to wish every group the best luck in making it big... :)...

Guest Feelings

personally, i don't find any female "idol" groups that are out there currently have any musical skills whatsoever.

i find satisfaction in female solo singers like lim jung hee, boa, paik ji young, zhang li yin, etc.

all those girl groups are pretty much failures. i totally agree with the article. (im not bashing, im just stating my opinion).

i kind of also have to agree with some of those boy bands.

excluding ft island and big bang that have debuted recently,

i don't find any of those "pretty boy" band groups very appealing.

they obviously don't have talents in the singing world. in my opinion.

however, i LOVE LOVE LOVE ft island and big bang.

i think they are extremely talented, and they ahve their own creativity that no one can follow.

Guest mochamist

It's an honest critique. Battle and Kara do lack originality and their promotion is poor. And one of the girls from KARA, the one who thinks she's "cute", I find extremely annoying. I never listened to Battle ever. SNSD did follow in the Superjunior fade, but their music and concept is different from superjunior's. Music critics aren't like fans. They are allowed to criticize and scrutinize idol groups because its their jobs. They don't have to be nice, but they are bluntly honest.

The Korean music industry is just picking up pace and becoming more competitive, rather than being easy like (if you were good-looking, you'd be famous) in the past. I think it's good that now you have to work much harder and have much more talent to be successful. That's why the American music industry is extremely competitive. Sometimes it's not just having the ability to sing, but having charisma, the thing that makes you stand out. If you have the "X" factor you have a chance at being successful, but most people fail within 5 seconds of trying to become an American singer. Then again, America has brought up the greatest singers in the world.

There are other groups like Baby Vox Rev, Cats, and someone other group name I can't even remember...

Another thing...you can't blame everything on the management companies. It's the group's perserverence and dedication themselves that matters the most. Look at how much BigBang, SNSD, Wondergirls, FT Island all seem to care and put all their efforts into their careers. These groups promote themselves with their personalities. There are singers out there who are not in good management companies, but they are enormously successful and even the best at what they do because they know ultimately it all comes down to them. Look at DBSK...didn't they say from the beginning that they wanted to be a group that went down in history? Even though they came from SM...CSJH, superjunior, Zhang Ri In, even the actresses there, etc are not as successful as them.

I never knew Kara was supposed to be the "second" Finkl. Though, I think the majority of reporters and etc just label them that way.

Sure, they weren't successful this year. Alright, that's okay. Shinhwa was the same 9-10 years ago when they debuted. They were over shadowed and etc, failed during their 1st album and such but look - they are still together and have a very strong fan base. It's usually the ones who are quietly in the back that will rise soon enough. Not saying that the current singers now will suck later, lol.

realistically true...but just blantantly rude...

it is the management's fault for not promoting them...but kara and battle could get popular any time soon

just because newbies like wg and bb and ft got really really popular doesnt mean everyone else has to get popular in their first year.

shinhwa didn't get popular until their 2nd album and their first album was considered a failure because SM didnt spend enough time promoting them and also their songs clashed in with weather/financial disasters and stuff...

so kara and battle still has time to recover

It's not fair to make such a remark, because we all know how experienced YG, SM, JYP, DSP, Good Ent, and M.net are as management companies. I mean c'mon, they've had their fair shares of so called "failures" too.

I hope Arirang apologizes for making such rude remarks.

Guest eleclya111

This article is rude, as everybody said, it's not that Battle and Kara are not successful, it's that they are not as successful as other groups out there...

I can't speak for Kara but I know Battle have only released two singles, and spent the last months training, learning other languages and recording/practicing for their 1st album. Plus they have been in China for about a month and will stay there doing promo for still many weeks. Obviously they aren't as popular in Korea as other new groups, since they have been practically inactive for months! But they will come back, and prove to Arirang they are talented -_-

And they are extremely popular in China and Thailand, so much that they get invited to variety shows and awards.

Guest eleclya111

^Those labels as "second" whatever comes from the media. The groups themselves never chose to live under that pressure.

Edit: Also, how hypocritical of Arirang to bring Battle down like this when they've made a couple of flattering videos about them not too long ago. (you can watch one here )

Guest i KITTY x3 =)*

Dude, do these writers have any lives?

I don't like it when groups copy one another or try to become

the second and battle/kara songs weren't as CATCHY as

others

Battle/Kara don't CHOOSE to copy other groups. They don't write their songs, they don't make their own dances, I don't think they even choose their own clothes. Performers basically don't get any say; they are to do what their managers/reps tell them to do/say.

Besides, there are so many artists out there right now or have existed in the past, it's impossible to come up with your own style without copying part of someone else's. There are only so many ways to dress or sing. It's really hard to stand out from the rest when there are so many different fashions out there already.

Archived