Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

45 minutes ago, larus said:

This is a family drama. I read that the main family has three daughters. I watched just one family drama so I am not an expert but from what I know, all three daughters will have a romantic interest. It is more evident that Lee joon will be paired with Jung Soo Min, who I assume will play the youngest daughter. Kim Soyeon  will play the second daughter, a lawyer.

I think Kim so yeon will be paired with Kim Sang Kyung. That makes more sense. I don`t think Lee Joon will play the role instead of Joo Jin Mo. Kim Sang Kyung is similar in age with Joo Jin Mo. It is not my dream reunion :tears: but it is still a reunion. Kim so yeon and Kim Sang Kyung played together in 2004 Human Market. She played the second lead there and she had a crush on Lee sang Kyung`s character. From unrequited love to romantic interest. It is something new for this pair. :)

From the casting news, the actor Kim Sang woo received the proposal to play in the KBS drama, but he has not even reviewed it. We have to wait who will be her costar. 

If the above is confirmed, then it's good news because Kim Sang Kyung is a good actor, I remb i had seen his past few movies, "Memories of murder" (2003) (thumps up) and The Tower (2012), those were good.. If i have time, I will watch his another movie called "Montage" (2013) as this movie was officially remade in Hindi in 2016. KSY is lucky to pair up with him. My guess is Lee Joon is the son who suddenly appear to the family and claim himself is the son of the family, and therefore the father has to reveal his past identity eventually........i hope the story line can keep us in suspense. Let the audience guess guess guess........... :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If the above is confirmed, then it's good news because Kim Sang Kyung is a good actor, I remb i had seen his past few movies, "Memories of murder" (2003) (thumps up) and The Tower (2012), those were good.. If i have time, I will watch his another movie called "Montage" (2013) as this movie was officially remade in Hindi in 2016. KSY is lucky to pair up with him. My guess is Lee Joon is the son who suddenly appear to the family and claim himself is the son of the family, and therefore the father has to reveal his past identity eventually........i hope the story line can keep us in suspense. Let the audience guess guess guess........... :)

Yeah, Kim Sang Kyung is a good actor. I saw him just in Human Market but I did not watched the whole drama just the scenes with Soyeon and something about his fight scenes. :w00t: I saw it without subtitles. He was a cop or a reporter (I don`t remember well) and he wanted to catch Kim sang Joong`s character. I saw a few scenes with him on You Tube and one of the scene was from movie Montage and then a hilarious scene with Kim Hyun Joo (it looked like a family drama as well).

If he will confirm It will be good. I just knew that Soyeon will not be paired with Lee Joon. They did not give more details about the characters. I wonder who will play the older sister and the brother.

I can`t believe that I reacted so calm to the news of another family drama. I`m starting to feel anxiety. I feel like this time I will watch a classical family drama. In Happy Home half of the drama was about Hae ryung and her story. I hope Soyeon will have a good screen time and her story will be interesting. 

• Like 1

CR : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110552825

[Independence] Kim Sang-kyung, 'Father is strange .

[OSEN = reporter Jung So-young] Kim Sang-kyung is named as the male protagonist of 'father is strange'.

According to a number of broadcasting officials on the 15th, Kim Sang-kyung received a proposal as a male main character, Cha Jeong-hwan, on the KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My father is strange.'

The role that has been passed on to him is to play the role of "minus hand", and it seems to draw romance with Kim So Yeon, who has confirmed his appearance before.

However, Kim Sang-kyung's agency told OSEN, "The Synopsis of 'My father is strange' has only been passed on to the management team, and the actor has not even reviewed it."

KBS also said, "Not only Kim Sang-kyung, but also four male candidates as a male protagonist," he said.

Kim Sang-kyung had a big love for acting Sejong in KBS 1TV 'Jang Young-sil'. There are many questions about his next work.

Meanwhile, 'My father is strange' is scheduled to be broadcast in February next year, followed by 'laurels tailors'. / Jsy901104@osen.co.kr

[Photo] OSEN DB.

[Copyright © OSEN All rights reserved and redistribution prohibited]

Anyone wish to guess who are the rest of the candidates as a male protagonist (besides Kim Sang kyung and Lee Joon)? (See above in bold and underline, they are four male candidates.

12 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Anyone wish to guess who are the rest of the candidates as a male protagonist (besides Kim Sang kyung and Lee Joon)? (See above in bold and underline, they are four male candidates.

I don`t know. It was not clear for me when I read the Raw translation for this article. It seams to be many protagonists. At first I thought they gave the same offer to four actors. :sweatingbullets:

Kim Sang Kyung`s character for the second daughter, I think Lee Joon for the youngest daughter. One main character for the oldest daughter. The family has a son also. That I understood from all those articles.

But we don`t know many information. Who will came in the family pretending he is the son of the family? Lee joon`s character?

I did not understand what the article says about Kim Sang Kyung`s character. What does it mean he will play the role of "minus hand"? I also get that expression from RAW translations.  :)

May be KBS offered to few potential candidates and only Kim Sang-kyung, who is one of those accepted the role but without even reviewed the script. Haha.:w00t:

At first i was quite curious who will pair up with soyeon and now i am quite happy because kim Sang-kyung always played tough guy role, he is not very handsome but he has charismatic and charming look, especially if you see him in different action role.

I am currently watching  Kim Sang-kyung's "montage" korean movie with English subtitle, based on review, it was high rating and thus it was officially remade in bollywood..........Enjoy this thriller, suspense, detective movie....:)

• Like 3

December 16, 2016

Kim So-yeon joins cast of ‘Father is Strange’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

15202201.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon is joining singer-turned-actor Lee Joon for the upcoming KBS2 drama “Father is Strange.”

The two will be taking the leading roles in the upcoming drama. The show will be about the story of a father who reveals his identity to his children in the midst of their marriage preparations.

The upcoming drama will take the timeslot of “The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop,” and is to be directed by Lee Jae-sang, who previously directed KBS2 drama “Bel Ami” (2013) and “Trot Lovers” (2014). 

Kim is a veteran actress who appeared in nearly 30 television productions since her debut in 1994. She was cast in the critically acclaimed 2009 KBS2 drama “IRIS,” and later made a special appearance in its sequels. She recently starred in the MBC drama “Happy Home,” which ended in August.

“I’m happy that I’m able to take on a new character so soon after the conclusion of my previous drama,” Kim said. “I chose to become involved with this drama in order to challenge myself.”

Her co-star Lee Joon is a former member of the K-pop band Mblaq. He has been keeping busy this year as an actor, and recently starred in the comedy blockbuster “Luck-key.”

By Chung Jin-hong

• Like 3

In the above article it says that "the show will be about the story of a father who reveals his identity to his children in the midst of their marriage preparations."

The father will reveal his identity for so many years? Why now? And it sound like all their children are preparing for their weddings. Really? I want to read the character`s descriptions.

Happy Home started airing on February also so until August she will be busy filming this drama.:sweatingbullets: I hope we`ll have at least translations for it not like the MBC dramas.

Kim So-yeon confirms KBS weekend drama Father Is Weird

by tineybeanie | December 15, 2016 | 1 Comment

ksy0.jpg

More information regarding KBS family drama Father Is Weird has been released with new actors joining and others confirming their roles. Kim So-yeon (All’s Well With a Happy Home) has been added as the latest member of the cast, as the eldest daughter of the central family. Father Is Weird is purported to be a warm feel-good drama centered around a family living in the suburbs of Seoul.

The titular patriarch of the family will be played by Kim Young-chul, who coincidentally also played Kim So-yeon’s father in their last project, All’s Well With a Happy Home. The similarities don’t end there. For Happy Home, he played the owner of a Chinese restaurant, and for this upcoming drama, he’s been cast as the owner of a snack restaurant. He loves his wife and four kids, but has been hiding a deep secret for many years.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/kim-so-yeon-confirms-kbs-weekend-drama-father-is-weird/

• Like 2

Lee Sang Woo And Kim So Yeon Address Rumors They Will Attend MBC Drama Awards Together

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/15082823/lee-sang-woo-kim-so-yeon.jpg

Actors Lee Sang Woo and Kim So Yeon, who recently confirmed that they are in a relationship, have been rumored to be attending the MBC Drama Awards together as a couple.

Lee Sang Woo’s agency, HM Entertainment, stated on December 15, “Lee Sang Woo currently has other plans on the day of the Drama Awards, but he is working to reschedule. His attendance at the MBC Drama Awards has not yet been confirmed.”

Kim So Yeon’s agency, Namoo Actors, stated on the same day, “Kim So Yeon will be attending the MBC Drama Awards, but nothing has been confirmed about attending as a couple with Lee Sang Woo.”

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/15/lee-sang-woo-kim-yeon-address-rumors-will-attend-mbc-drama-awards-together/

• Like 3

On 15.12.2016 at 3:30 PM, larus said:

I don`t know. It was not clear for me when I read the Raw translation for this article. It seams to be many protagonists. At first I thought they gave the same offer to four actors. :sweatingbullets:

According to Dramabeans, " KBS has explicitly said that Kim Sang-kyung is one of four actors whom they have approached to possibly take this lead role". So, I was right. :w00t: I think KBS are in a hurry. After Joo jin Mo refused the role (he said that it was due to a scheduling conflict but I think the real reason was that it was a long family drama), they need another lead.  They want Kim Sang Kyung now but they want to be sure they have a backup plan.

• Like 1

Possible sister threesome combo for weekend drama Father is Weird

by tineybeanie | December 16, 2016 | 7 Comments

ff1c-1.jpg
Kim So-yeon, Jung So-min, Ryu Hwa-young

For the upcoming KBS comedic family drama Father is Weird, an earnest patriarch and his dedicated wife live in the outskirts of Seoul along with their one son and three marriageable daughters until one day, a Hallyu celebrity becomes a permanent resident in their home. The actresses to play the three daughters are, from eldest to youngest: Kim So-yeon (All’s Well With a Happy Home), Jung So-min (D-Day), and Ryu Hwa-young (Age of Youth).

Kim So-yeon and Jung So-min confirmed recently, and it’s only Ryu Hwa-young, up for the youngest sister’s role, who has yet to make a final decision. Kim So-yeon’s character is a beautiful, intelligent lawyer who radiates confidence. Mostly wrapped up in her own life, she doesn’t care to involve herself in family affairs, but does so when she is needed.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/possible-sister-threesome-combo-for-weekend-drama-father-is-weird/

• Like 2

A few pictures from SBS drama New Human Market (2004) where Soyeon played with Kim Sang Kyung and Kim Sang Joong. She was 24 and so beautiful. I think her role there was her saddest.

The unexpected kiss. She tried to drug him but she changed her mind and gave him a kiss to distract him. She had a crush on him and it was unrequited feelings but I think he cared for her as a friend.

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo3_540.png

In the new drama things will be so different. :)

Spoiler

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo5_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo6_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo7_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo9_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo10_540.png

tumblr_oiauhhyKU21sdd1ivo8_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo3_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo5_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo6_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo7_540.png

tumblr_oiauk9AhUg1sdd1ivo8_540.png

• Like 5

Yes I missed the couple too. They really begin to look like "husband and wife". hahaha :w00t:

If Kim Sang Kyung actor not able to confirm the new drama male lead role, my wish list for the potential candidates are :

• Jung Woo Sung
  • Jang Dong Gun
  • Jang Hyuk
  • Cha Seung Won
  • Won Bin

I know it would be unlikely to happen mainly because they are "expensive" actors and moreover it is a weekend family drama, too long and will affect the budget and time schedule for them. Anyway, it is just my "Christmas wish for the year" :w00t: 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the lovely KSY fans here, we have been holding on closely "on and off " together in this forum....may all your wishes come true and enjoy the upcoming festive seasons with your loved ones on this weekends :) :blush:

• Like 5

On 18.12.2016 at 4:39 AM, lebeaucouple said:

Yes I missed the couple too. They really begin to look like "husband and wife". hahaha :w00t:

If Kim Sang Kyung actor not able to confirm the new drama male lead role, my wish list for the potential candidates are :

• Jung Woo Sung
  • Jang Dong Gun
  • Jang Hyuk
  • Cha Seung Won
  • Won Bin

I know it would be unlikely to happen mainly because they are "expensive" actors and moreover it is a weekend family drama, too long and will affect the budget and time schedule for them. Anyway, it is just my "Christmas wish for the year" :w00t:

This is not just a simple Christmas wish list ... you are asking for a Christmas miracle.  :w00t: The actors who are appearing in movies could chose a television miniseries if the role is compelling but never chose a soap opera. I laugh when I saw Won Bin on the list. Every time there is a project with good prospect, his name is brought into question ...and nothing.  Now I read about a SF drama that is in works with someone important in Korean movie industry and Woo Bin name is mentioned again or another big star.

I wish more that Kim So Yeon will play in a movie or a interesting drama and not in a family drama. This way it would be more possible for her to be paired with the names from your list. :)

Kim Sang Kyung did a KBS family drama not long ago, in 2014. I saw some scenes from that drama. He was paired with Kim Hyun Joo and they made a good couple on screen. If the character in Father is Weird is different, it is possible for Kim Sang Kyung to accept the role. Hope he and Soyeon have a good story-line and their roles would be good.

If he will not sign, I have another name. Lee Jung Jin. :w00t:

Never-ending discussion until the official announcement.

Soyeon said that she chose to become involved with this drama in order to challenge herself. I like that she always does that. She chose roles that are different than her previous roles. This time she chose a comedy after the emotional exhausted role in Happy Home. She doesn`t have many comedies on her filmography and not everyone likes her in comedies. It will be a challenge for sure. But I know that she will do a good job. As I said, I want for her a good role as always. Fingers crossed.

Another thing... I am curious how she will chose her hairstyle. She changes her hairstyle for every project. I miss seeing her without bangs. About fashion...  we`ll see her in many office outfits.

Because Kim Soyeon and Lee Sang Woo are a real couple, they are in spotlight before the MBC Drama awards. The articles find the situation funny and they are asking if the real couple, Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon, can win the "Best Couple Award" by surpassing the strong candidates. Like we find it funny, there is the situation when Soyeon and Lee Pil Mo are nominated and they are asking that hypothetically, what if  Kim So - yeon is likely to win the best couple 's prize with Lee' s friend in front of the real boyfriend. Even if they won`t win the couple award, people realized that we don`t find many cases where a real couple was nominated in couple award category. But they are nominated as a drama couple and there are some popular couples on the list.

I want Sang Woo to be there for Soyeon but it is totally fine if he will not show up. 

201612221033778698_585b2ddda0c59.jpg

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=4870055

• Like 1