Marimar

Guest ayadaokin

Guest ayadaokin

I never really knew this thread existed...

i love the show...

but it got draggy now...

ow! i hate angelika! i want to kick her in the face...

i love marian and dingdong...

i wish they would do another drama together...

I know. When I heard about them extending it, I thought

won't it drag on? Nah it'll be okay.

But I don't watch this show anymore; but I want to lol.

It really did drag on. I'm like 20 episodes behind now .___.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest STEPHOO--

LOL! there's a marimar thread?

When i was in the phils, the theme song thingy of this show was soo catchy.

haha, i didn't watch it though.

Didn't get the drift of the story, since it already started before i came.

Guest lang866

estrella wow in 5 days??!?! grabe un ah!

bilib ako sayo. :D

ayadaokin yes i wished they never extended it.

BUT! the episodes NOW is getting better. It's like at the climax part of the story (its suppose to end 1st week of March) so everything is like getting exciting again. Marimar is getting vicious again. haha. it's really cool.

Agawin na ni Angelica lahat kay Marimar, wag lang si Sergio. OR ELSE...panoorin nyo ung show for today. It was good.

And plus, marian's acting really showed in this episode.

She really is a very good actress. For today's epi. it felt like what Marian was acting was real.

Basta nood na lang kayo. haha

Guest angela_bears

i saw the episode earlier. its been awhile since i last watched it and now i'm so confused.

is angelika her sister and how?is esperanza dead?

ack! i'm really behind now! :sweatingbullets:

i like marian, she's really pretty and she fits the role but the story was kinda.. :blink:

Guest lang866

ok so here's the thing.

the marimar story writer sucks. i just have to say that. It feels like the writer just puts in whatever comes in their head.

BUT the thing that makes Marimar worth watching is the excellent actors/actresses.

Marian does a very good job portraying Marimar. (Watch the latest episodes and you'll be like whoa! because her acting looks so real)

So even if i get really annoyed by all the roller coasters their doing in Marimar, i think the casts balances it out.

angela_bears ok so here's what you've missed out on:

Angelika is Marimar's sister. Angelika killed tiya esperanza and made it look like Marimar did it because at that time, Marimar was mad at Tiya Experanza for stealing money from the company and for being responsible for Cruzita's "almost" death experience. So Angelika blackmailed Sergio to marry her or else she'll continue her plans to put Marimar behind bars. And ofcourse, Sergio goes with Angelika's plan.

After marimar found out that Sergio will marry Angelika instead of her, she flipped. She's been drinking and crying and doing stupid stuff. Also, she kicked Angelika out of her house. Angelika also managed to steal the company from Marimar. (another fishy thing on the writer's part here. Can this really happen in real life?)

Guest pandoras0nymph

watch out for the 3heavy slaps marimar will give to angelika! parang natanggal ata ang panga ni angelika sa sampal ni bella eh!

Guest angela_bears

^ i saw it last night. i was like :w00t: when marimar slaps angelika

angela_bears ok so here's what you've missed out on:

Angelika is Marimar's sister. Angelika killed tiya esperanza and made it look like Marimar did it because at that time, Marimar was mad at Tiya Experanza for stealing money from the company and for being responsible for Cruzita's "almost" death experience. So Angelika blackmailed Sergio to marry her or else she'll continue her plans to put Marimar behind bars. And ofcourse, Sergio goes with Angelika's plan.

After marimar found out that Sergio will marry Angelika instead of her, she flipped. She's been drinking and crying and doing stupid stuff. Also, she kicked Angelika out of her house. Angelika also managed to steal the company from Marimar. (another fishy thing on the writer's part here. Can this really happen in real life?)

^ thank you very much! :D haha, the story is really

f*ckd

up now. wonder how they gonna end it.

• 1 month later...
Guest ayadaokin

I saw the cast on S.O.P. today and remembered "OMG the Marimar thread on soompi!"

Haha I completely forgot because I don't watch it anymore. But it's ending this week~~

I didn't get to see the special that played after it (they kept repeating that they wanted everyone

to watch it lol)

But Maricris Garcia sang "Mahal Kita" which was really nice, Marian and Dingdong sat together

holding hands and Marian cried because it was coming to an end. She really is pretty though!

Finally endingg... and I stopped watching in January x_x so many problems in their lives lol..

Guest shobe_show

Wow! I can't believe that I'm posting in here! *lol*

I knew watched the whole Marimar series but the only thing that I was able to watch this their wedding. The wedding is so cool!

Guest pandoras0nymph

07.jpg

marimarsergioportrait.jpg

52.6% ratings on finale and 57.5% on non cable

PEAK | PILOT | DIFF. | SHOW

52.6 | 36.6 | +16 | MariMar

52.1 | 47.1 | +05.0 | Darna----->dethroned! :tongue2:

48.7 | 45.9 | +02.8 | Encantadia

48.6 | 33.0 | +15.6 | Mulawin

45.3 | 34.0 | +11.3 | Majika

44.9 | 37.5 | +07.4 | Captain Barbell

43.6 | 42.7 | +0.90 | Kamandag

42.2 | 36.6 | +05.6 | Joaquin Bordado

41.8 | 41.8 | +0.00 | Asian Treasures

40.0 | 36.5 | +03.5 | Sugo

40.0 | 34.6 | +05.4 | Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan

39.7 | 34.4 | +05.3 | Bakekang

39.3 | 35.4 | +03.9 | I Luv NY

38.6 | 38.6 | +0.00 | Etheria

38.2 | 35.9 | +02.3 | Super Twins

37.8 | 37.8 | +0.00 | Lupin

37.8 | 27.5 | +11.3 | Impostora

37.7 | 34.1 | +03.6 | Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas

37.2 | 28.7 | +08.5 | Mga Mata ni Anghelita

36.6 | 28.7 | +07.9 | La Vendetta

33.6 | 25.5 | +08.1 | Atlantika

the wedding pics from PEX,ratings was posted on PEP.COM and the ratings update is from pex

1zv75vm.png

show_scene-16-1.jpg

3d64c9cd8.jpg

Guest istatowin

TV Ratings (March 14-16): "Marimar" finale breaks records; Pacquiao-Marquez match a knockout

Erwin Santiago

Monday, March 17, 2008

02:05 PM

Rating

[Rate as 1] [Rate as 2] [Rate as 3] [Rate as 4] [Rate as 5]

Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime programs from March 14 to 16 according to the overnight ratings conducted by AGB Nielsen Philippines among Mega Manila households:

March 14 (Friday)

Daytime:

1. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 22.3%

2. Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 20%

3. Maging Akin Ka Lamang (GMA-7) - 19-1%

4. Kaputol ng Isang Awit (GMA-7) - 18.5%

5. Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 17.8%

6. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 17.3%

7. Wheel of Fortune (ABS-CBN) - 15.9%

8. Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 15.8%

9. Pacquiao-Marquez Fight Flash Report (GMA-7) - 13.5%

10. SiS (GMA-7) - 13.1%

Primetime:

1. Marimar (GMA-7) - 52.6%

2. Kamandag (GMA-7) - 43.3%

3. Joaquin Bordado (GMA-7) - 39.4%

4. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 29.5%

5. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 25.5%

6. Kung Fu Kids (ABS-CBN) - 24.2%

7. Bubble Gang (GMA-7) - 22.4%

8. Lobo (ABS-CBN) - 21.7%

9. Palos (ABS-CBN) - 17.3%

10. Maging Sino Ka Man (ABS-CBN) - 12.9%

March 15 (Saturday)

Daytime:

1. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 25.8%

2. Wish Ko Lang (GMA-7) - 16.5%

3. StarTalk (GMA-7) - 15.9%

4. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 15.4%

5. Takeshi's Castle (GMA-7) - 14.9%

6. Pinoy Records (GMA-7) - 14.8%

7. Cinema FPJ: Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) - 14.6%

8. Volta (ABS-CBN) - 13.5%

9. Entertainment Live (ABS-CBN) - 10.1%

10. Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 10%

Primetime:

1. Kapuso Mo, Jessica (GMA-7) - 37.1%

2. Bitoy's Funniest Videos (GMA-7) - 35.3%

3. Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 30.9%

4. Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? (GMA-7) - 26.6%

5. Pacquiao-Marquez Fight Update (GMA-7) - 19.3%

6. XXX (ABS-CBN) - 18.8%

7. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 18.4%

8. 1 vs. 100 (ABS-CBN) - 16.9%

9. Nuts Entertainment (GMA-7) - 16.4%

10. Sabado Movie Special: First Day High (ABS-CBN) - 10.2%

March 16 (Sunday)

Daytime:

1. Pacquiao-Marquez: Unfinished Business (GMA-7) - 48.5%

2. Marimar Memories (GMA-7) - 28.4%

3. Showbiz Central (GMA-7) - 17.6%

4. Ang Cute ng Ina Mo (ABS-CBN) - 13.5%

5. The Buzz (ABS-CBN) - 9.3%

6. ASAP '08 (ABS-CBN) - 4.9%

7. Your Song (ABS-CBN)

Primetime:

1. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 32.8%

2. Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok (GMA-7) - 31.9%

3. Mel & Joey (GMA-7) - 30.4%

4. All Star K (GMA-7) - 22.8%

5. Goin' Bulilit (ABS-CBN) - 19.6%

6. Sharon (ABS-CBN) - 17.7%

7. Ful Haus (ABS-CBN) - 16.5%

8. Rated K (ABS-CBN) - 14.8%

9. Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus (ABS-CBN) - 13.4%

10. That's My Doc (ABS-CBN) - 12.6%

Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines

Get showbiz news anytime, anywhere on your mobile! Just key in PEP ON and send to 4627. Available to all Sun, Globe, and Smart subscribers.

http://www.pep.ph/guide/1712/TV-Rati...tch-a-knockout

16byslg.jpg

1oklrp.jpg

cr: as labelled

more from the reception...

expecting a new baby eh? :lol:

1em5qx.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

cr: as labelled

marimar's wedding proposal :lol: :lol:

ehnrmd.jpg

2cihagg.jpg

ot1ao0.jpg

2gvrecp.jpg

2eft1fb.jpg

2rxiavq.jpg

MR AND MRS SANTIBANEZ...

ddcry.jpg

kisses.jpg

CR: AWWWWS

Guest Narda

ok, i JUST got addicted to Marimar! I started watching it online on Saturday night cause there wasn't anything else to do and I got hooked! I watched 116 episodes in 5 days! LOL

Dingdong and Marian have really, really good chemistry together....

Wow... 116 epi? Your eyes must've hurt. (i know mine would)

You make me want to watch it NOW though! :lol:

~Honestly, i've only watched 5 epi for that one day and i couldn't

find the rest of the epi in order on UTUBE.

In fact, i've recently watched the wedding only to check why ppl go gaga over this show.

So i think im just gonna wait for the DVD if there ever is one.

Besides, there should be a DVD knowing how many dongyanatics are there!

Yes, im a dongyan fan. (kind of.. just recently after looking at marimar SC i havent watched!)

Even though i havent watched marimar at all, i like seeing Marianne & DD together. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest whizzer's_rose

i wonder if GMA has plans of exporting this drama...honestly, the drama is well-made although the story towards the end was a bit too draggy and cliche.....overall, I loved the show because of the lead's chemistry.

Guest kivisd

I post this information, I find out, that the concept of Marimar was created firstly in Mexico.

Mari Mar Original Version (1994) Wikipedia

Marimar (Mexican TV series)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Marimar

Format Telenovela, Drama, Romance

Created by Televisa

Directed by Beatriz Sheridan

Starring Thalía

Eduardo Capetillo

Theme music composer Paco Navarette, Viviana Pimstein

Opening theme "Marimar" - Thalía

Country of origin Mexico

Language(s) Spanish

No. of episodes 72

Production

Executive

producer(s) Angelli Nesma Medina

Running time 45 minutes

Broadcast

Picture format 480i SDTV

Original airing 1994

Marimar is a Mexican TV telenovela that was originally broadcast in 1994 on Televisa. Marimar is a remake of the telenovela La venganza, which aired on Televisa in 1977 and starred Helena Rojo and Enrique Lizalde.

It is very popular in Latin America, Brazil, the United States, among French Overseas Network viewers in the French overseas departments and territories and Portuguese-speaking countries (via Brazil) in Africa and one of the most viewed soap opera in the Philippines and Indonesia. According to the daily Ivoir 'Soir, "At 7.30 p.m. precisely, Marimar begins and life grinds to a halt in Côte d'Ivoire." Singer Thalía is the soap's major star.

[edit] Cast

Thalia as María del Mar "MariMar" Aldama Pérez alias "Bella Aldama"/Lupita Perez

Eduardo Capetillo as Sergio Santibáñez

Miguel Palmer as Gustavo Aldama

Alfonso Iturralde as Renato Santibáñez

René Muñoz as Padre Porres

Chantal Andere as Angélica de Santibáñez

Marisol Santacruz as Monica

Ada Carrasco as Mamá Cruz

Tito Guízar as Papá Pancho

Pituka de Foronda as Tía Esperanza

Ricardo Blume as Fernando Montenegro

Guillermo García Cantú as Bernando Duarte

Frances Ondiviela as Brenda Icaza

Amairani as Natalia Montenegro

Patricia Navidad as Isabel

Fernando Colunga as Adrian Rosales

[edit] Storyline

Marimar is a poor young innocent girl who lives with her grandparents in a beach by the ocean. She then falls in love with Sergio, a son of a wealthy man. Sergio then agrees to marry Marimar despite his father and stepmother’s disapproval but along the way he falls deeply in love with her.

Sergio's stepmother Angelica despises Marimar because of her innocence and does not know the world of high society. Angelica constantly embarrasses Marimar, often demeaning her worth as an individual. Sergio gets angry so he decides to go away and earn money to take Marimar away from his father's house leaving Marimar safe from Angelica. Angelica then frames Marimar by telling the cops that she stole a bracelet from her and then Marimar is sent to prison. While Marimar is in prison Angelica sends one of her servants, Nicandro, to burn her grandparents' little hut, killing her grandparents in the process. Then, Angelica forges Sergio's writing and writes a letter to Marimar stating that he wants nothing to do with her and that he never loved her. All this and the impact of grandparents’ death change her and get her on the revenge road.

Marimar then moves from her hometown "San Martin de la Costa" to Mexico City and works to get back on track while on the road she meets her biological father without him or her knowing about it and he teaches her how to be a lady and how to read, write, and speak as well as her wardrobe.

After the new improved Marimar was ready to face society, her biological father decides to take her to the Opera when she bumps into Sergio and that's when the action begins. Fuelled by revenge, Marimar (assuming the identity of "Bella" and denying to Sergio and other people that she is Marimar) seduces Segio constantly and then rejects his advances to hurt him and at the same time strips Sergio's father and stepmother Angelica of their wealth. Marimar buys out the Santibáñez house and embarrasses Angelica the way she embarrassed Marimar before. As Sergio divorces Marimar and gets ready to marry Innocencia, Marimar plans on breaking them up. Secretly, Sergio is still in love with Marimar.

Angelica then gets into a car accident and gets burnt and dies as her last wish is for Marimar to be burned in her house alive. Innocencia finds out that Sergio is visiting Marimar and tried to go to Marimar's house. Innocencia was pregnant and she fell and was taken to the hospital where she had her baby and got a brain tumor. Marimar decides to forget about Sergio by falling in love with another man who is an engineer. Innocencia then has brain surgery and after that, she repents for all she has done and lets Marimar marry Sergio. They finally marry and live happily ever after.

[edit] Philippine remake

Archived