Katherin Heigl Vanity Fair Jan 2008 Photoshoot!

Guest Vino de Jerez

Guest Vino de Jerez

Wow! this classic shoot looks wonderful! Great Concept!
katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-00.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-01.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-02.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-03.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-04.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-05.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-06.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-07.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-08.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-09.jpg

katherine-heigl-vanity-fair-january-2008-10.jpg

Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl continues her rise to the top, letting her guard down for the January 2008 issue of Vanity Fair, as shot by Norman Jean Roy in Los Angeles.

Here are some highlights from the lead article “Heigl Voltage”:

On the Mormon influence in her family’s life before her brother’s death: “A couple of Mormon families were a great comfort [after the death of her brother when Heigl was 7 years old]. Both my parents felt a great desire for answers, and they found an answer in the Mormon church—or answers they could live with, anyway, because there really are none. I didn’t really understand death, so it was very confusing for me. The worst part was watching the devastation of my family. They weren’t the same people anymore. Everything was kind of a mess for a while. It wasn’t like Ordinary People, where it destroyed that family so badly that there was never finding any joy or loving or appreciating being alive again. But I give my parents unbelievable credit for pulling it together, and I give the Mormon church a lot of credit for helping them to do that.”

On Gizzie, the relationship between her Grey’s character Izzie and George (T.R. Knight): “That was kind of a big change for Izzie, wasn’t it, after she was so up on her moral high ground. They really hurt somebody, and they didn’t seem to be taking a lot of responsibility for it. I have a really hard time with that kind of thing. I’m maybe a little too black-and-white about it. I don’t really know Izzie very well right now. She’s changed a lot. I’m trying to figure her out and keep her real… It was a ratings ploy. It was absolutely something that shocked people; it wasn’t predictable, and people didn’t see it coming. It’s our fourth season; there’s not a lot of spontaneity left. And business is business; I understand that, but I want there to be some cooperation between the business end and the creative end, so there’s some way of keeping it real.”

Guest janeberryblue

oh gosh i LOVE pin-up shots like the first one! i think it's the epitome of classic beauty! katherine looks so stunning in these photos.

izzy's getting on my nerves though :P

thanks for sharing!

Guest Vino de Jerez

oh gosh i LOVE pin-up shots like the first one! i think it's the epitome of classic beauty! katherine looks so stunning in these photos.

izzy's getting on my nerves though :P

thanks for sharing!

haha anytime!

Guest neonhamster

my gosh she's gorgeous. her hair, her face, her figure...she really does look like a 40's movie star in these.

"It was a ratings ploy. It was absolutely something that shocked people; it wasn’t predictable, and people didn’t see it coming. It’s our fourth season; there’s not a lot of spontaneity left."

wow...she's really direct, isn't she? she seems to have a good head and a lot of substance...i'm glad that she's doing so well and gaining a lot of popularity.

Guest SUPERSTAR

i think she is so pretty

and she seems to have a good personality

i never watched grey's anatomy fully before

but i liked knocked up and i wanna watch 27 dresses!

Guest the.elephant

i dunno. after seeing her without make up and such. she lost her appeal to me. yes she looks pretty but i cant stop thinking how much makeup and computers helped to make her look like that.

Guest Vino de Jerez

^hahah yea true. and honestly, not many hollywood actresses would actually look pretty without make-up, and i think kat is no exception.

Guest the.elephant

yea i agree that they need the makeup and such to look stunning/gorgeous but they should at least look decent without all that. like lindsay, all the jennifers, angelina, paris, natalie, jessica alba, charlize and many more << i say they look pretty even without much make up but when i saw kat without make up, it was just shocking because i thought she looked pretty good before. loooool

she reminded me of chalize theron's character in MONSTER. hahaha

katherine heigl without makeup

Guest xxxNanaxxx

Oh i love her since roswell,she has really gorgeous smiles.I like how she;s not afraid to show what she thinks abt her character,it's true that the show is going downhill...

Guest kimchibaby

Katherin Heigl is just not pretty to me. She's definitely not ugly, but she's not...pretty. I guess I think she's okay. But I do like the concept of the photoshoot.

Archived