My Internet Browsers Are Acting Up Again.

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

help. how to fix? O_O
I'm reusing this thread so don't mind the other replies.. =p (post #2-#4)

My Internet Explorer's add-ons are disabled. I let my cousin use the computer a couple weeks ago and after he used it.. all the add-ons on my IE browser went missing :| (He claims it was like that when he used it, pffffffts). It says that it'll restart again or whatever when I restart my computer, but it's forever off. I've tried the help thing .. it tells me to go to tools, then "manage add ons" but the manage add-ons option is diabled.. I can't click on it.

I'm assuming my cousin made Firefox the default web browser because all the files that I have that are aposed to open with IE, now opens with Firefox.

Since I didn't know how to fix the add ons thingie with my IE, I started using Firefox. BUT now the firefox browser is acting up ;_________; It doesn't seem to open pages that uses javascripts or something of the sort. I cannot do quick edits on Soompi anymore, check posts, add comments, etc (doesn't allow me to do things on other sites as well). It just stays frozen :blink:

Anyone know how to fix these errors? D:

WAIT.. one more question XD

Before the add-ons got disabled, for a while my IE would take forever to load everytime I opened a new window. It would take literally 5-10 minutes for each new opened window. After the add-ons got disabled, it started working perfectly fine again (except that I can't watch flash movies and other stuffs because there are no add-ons). If I get my add-ons enabled again is there anyway to fix the slow start up of the browser? I don't know what went wrong with it @_@........

• 11 months later...

Frozen..

Backup your bookmarks Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup button at the top and make a backup of it.

Then go uninstall it and reinstall it.

That hopefully will handle that

For your IE issue... you should get Hijackthis and remove most of the plugins (and BHO) except for the ones you need.

Archived