[Drama 2008] The Great King Sejong 대왕세종 大王世宗

Guest huangsy

Guest zachposh

my gosh. that poor actress sure has loads of peeps having some disdain towards her.

anyways, could someone tell me more of episode 38 and 39? i didn't manage to watch it on KBS World cause i was studying for my tests.

it's about something with crown prince yang nyeong and why he decided to give up his crown prince position? i think it was something about that. then i watched the raw version and saw auri heading towards the lake? did she kill herself?

man... could someone tell me a lil about this? thanks!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aaandy

ahh this drama is getting better and better.

seems choongnyeong finally got his wits about him and i'm at the part where he and the crown prince are face to face at the border..

my gosh. that poor actress sure has loads of peeps having some disdain towards her.

anyways, could someone tell me more of episode 38 and 39? i didn't manage to watch it on KBS World cause i was studying for my tests.

it's about something with crown prince yang nyeong and why he decided to give up his crown prince position? i think it was something about that. then i watched the raw version and saw auri heading towards the lake? did she kill herself?

man... could someone tell me a lil about this? thanks!

I wait another one better than me in English to answer your question …. But no one answered you yet … so I’ll try my best

The crown prince went to auri place to find her ill …. He bring her to the palace in the same time papers spread in all the capital say that the crown prince is in relationship with important lord’s concubine and the King knew about these news and saw his son holding that girl in the palace he became sad and angry … auri waked up to see herself in the palace and the CRP beside her …. She told him that she must go he told her not to do that and stay in his chamber waiting him and that all thing had over … she insist to go before people know about her being in the palace but the servant tell her that all people knew already … she went to Sejong’s father in low and asked him why he spread those papers … he told her that he know nothing about these papers (“here we have no idea about who order to write these papers”) … the ministers asked the king to re announce the CRP and choose the wise son…. The king banished the CRP to a poor place so auri felt guilty and kill herself.

The former king told the king he can help him to choose the wise son (to help the second prince to take chance to be a CRP )… when the second price visited the CRP the CRP told him not to think to be the king and that he did not broke his father’s heart to let him be the king (then we discovered that the CRP is the one who ordered the papers about his relationship to be written ) he do that because he no longer interest in the throne and he felt that his younger brother is worthy more than him to be king ….

I hope my answer helps you :)

Guest zachposh

I wait another one better than me in English to answer your question …. But no one answered you yet … so I’ll try my best

The crown prince went to auri place to find her ill …. He bring her to the palace in the same time papers spread in all the capital say that the crown prince is in relationship with important lord’s concubine and the King knew about these news and saw his son holding that girl in the palace he became sad and angry … auri waked up to see herself in the palace and the CRP beside her …. She told him that she must go he told her not to do that and stay in his chamber waiting him and that all thing had over … she insist to go before people know about her being in the palace but the servant tell her that all people knew already … she went to Sejong’s father in low and asked him why he spread those papers … he told her that he know nothing about these papers (“here we have no idea about who order to write these papers”) … the ministers asked the king to re announce the CRP and choose the wise son…. The king banished the CRP to a poor place so auri felt guilty and kill herself.

The former king told the king he can help him to choose the wise son (to help the second prince to take chance to be a CRP )… when the second price visited the CRP the CRP told him not to think to be the king and that he did not broke his father’s heart to let him be the king (then we discovered that the CRP is the one who ordered the papers about his relationship to be written ) he do that because he no longer interest in the throne and he felt that his younger brother is worthy more than him to be king ….

I hope my answer helps you :)

yea!! it seriously helped me a lot in understanding the show much better!

thanks so much!!!

=)

Thanks pint0 for the summary of the episode I missed. Decided to not bother watching the repeat on Saturday morning in case I puke at the Chinese speaking scene! :lol:

Anyway ... Taejong ... you're a monster & a moron. Or maybe it's the writer who is a moron for portraying him in that light if that ain't the case. I can't believe he would act monstrously towards the only loyal retainer he still had without wondering even once if he's the one with the problem and why Gang Sangin no longer wants to be just his foot servant.

The abdicated Taejong kept contradicting himself ... tells his son to rule benevolently and not to be like him (so at least he kind of admit he's a tyrant although in his mind it's all justifiable of course) but then he decided he will hold on to the military affairs so he can continue with his tyranny ways even after abdicating. Oh yeah, I'm sure he's justifying it to himself that he needs to purge off enemies to his son before he can totally hand over but everyone is an enemy in his eyes due to his paranoid ways.

He tells Gang Sangin ... when are you going to stop being my foot servant & think for yourself? Then in the next sentence to him said how glad that Gang Sangin will be his hand & foot as the Minister of Military. And obviously from what happened ... he really only wants Gang Sangin to be his foot servant & anything less than that is considered a betrayal.

And he gets rid of people just based on a hunch or his own experience ... all father in laws or in laws are bad. Never mind that they did not dig out any dirt on Shim On as yet ... he just decide to fabricate the crime so he can save his son from the BIG enemy when it's he that's the enemy. And people like Jo Malseng(? - if I didn't remember his name wrongly) and Park Eun ... are they going to be his last purging? Does it make sense that he will leave men whose loyalty towards the current King is questionable and going against him just because he the ex-King is commanding them to spy on him? But he would get rid of the King's loyal men because they might make use of him to gain power for themselves. WTH kind of rationale is that?

Guest b00kw0rm

Yes, why did Taejong abdicate if he still wants to hang on to power. He is upset because Gang Sangin is loyal to the new King? He should be pleased that he trained him so well!

And Sejong - not one kind look or word to say to your Queen who kneels down in front of you in front of all the servants. The sweet gentle Queen who has always stood by you even when everyone else was against you? I felt like kicking his richard simmons yesterday.

Guest b00kw0rm

A more correct title should be The GreatLY USELESS King Sejong. Hiding behind his books and leaving his wife to suffer by herself. He is no King.

Guest b00kw0rm

Hi every one .... I want to ask did KBS world air EP today???

and please can any one please tell me what happened in yesterday' EP ??? I was out and I missed it

I think it was not aired at all? I tuned in and the title on the guide says "GKS" but it was a drama about a bunch of schoolkids. I was wondering if they had such rotten reviews that they pulled the plug on the show. Or went back to the drawing board to rewrite the scripts :tongue2:

Guest pint0

Hi every one .... I want to ask did KBS world air EP today???

and please can any one please tell me what happened in yesterday' EP ??? I was out and I missed it

I think we all only got 1 episode this weekend.

The sweet angelic Queen sends that ugly servant of hers to warn her father about what is awaiting him when he returns. Sejong's half-brother who is with the Prime Minister tells him he will look the other way if the PM wishes to run away. While another guy goes to the Chinese Ambassador and pleads with him to give refuge to the PM. The PM refuses and says that if he runs away, there would be no end to the persecutions. Meantime, the evil bastards with no work to do plot how to get rid of the Queen. They are afraid that her son would want day take revenge for killing his grandfather. They capture the ugly, irritating servant of hers and tell Sejong that the Queen supports high treason so she should be deposed.

While we know from history that this is one thing Sejong does not give in to and the sweet Queen bears him many children later in life, I am as upset as other viewers that he did not think to go to her at what must be the lowest point of her life. Even if there was nothing he could do, he should have been by her side and not taking refuge in the library. So cowardly of him. And you see what a generous heart the Queen has when she said that Sejong agreed only because he could not find any other way to save her Dad.

Sorry to ramble Fantoosa but this Sejong is getting on my nerves! He's a damm lousy husband and no catch at all!

Guest manutunia

I think we all only got 1 episode this weekend.

Did anyone knew why???

I have high respect for Sejong's action before he's the King, but now the officials were messing up with his wife.... and if he do nothing...byebye Sejong

Guest b00kw0rm

Did anyone knew why???

I have high respect for Sejong's action before he's the King, but now the officials were messing up with his wife.... and if he do nothing...byebye Sejong

Agree. I think its the damm writers trying to inject some drama. But they are killing the character and making it quite unbearable to watch.

Guest pint0

Sejong the character is a big yawn.

When the cameras should be on the Queen, they zoom in on that ugly servant of hers. Is it her Dad being beaten up, accused of a crime, etc? Don't the camera men or the bloody directors know the script?

If tonight's episode is as dreadful as the last couple of episodes, I am not going to continue watching this show. Tonight's their last chance to redeem themselves - better scripts and filiming!

LOL ... pint0 ... good luck with tonight's episode. I've officially given up on this drama because I can't take it anymore. Haha~ It's sad though 'coz it started out good ... what on earth is going through the head of the production team ie. scriptwriter, director, camera man etc... :ph34r:

Btw ... is Hwang Hui officially out of the drama? I wonder if he's going to come back to court later on.

Guest b00kw0rm

I too am disappointed with the way the show has turned out. It started off so well. A most impressive start compared to so many other dramas. This is such a waste!

I think they are trying to blame Sejong having 8 concubines on his Dad so that we have some sympathy for him. And the Queen now doesn't "understand her husband" so he will look for love elsewhere? C'mon, if he is such a weak puppet of his Dad, would people be willing to die for him?! The writing has gaping holes in it.

And that what's-her-name, so aptly described as "ugly" - how come she hasn't been kicked out of the palace? In earlier episodes, she was mooning Sejong when he was then a prince, she keeps stopping to LOOK at him when the Queen and other maids have walked past, on her own initiative she seeks out the King because she wants him to understand the Queen is trying to cope, etc. She is too forward and forgets her place. If the writers hope that we can warm up to her, sorry, it ain't working! Quite, the opposite in fact. The more they zoom in on her mullish expression and especially when she opens her mouth to speak, I wonder why am I still watching this show!

King Sejong the Great Puppet of his Dad.

Guest pint0

LOL ... pint0 ... good luck with tonight's episode. I've officially given up on this drama because I can't take it anymore. Haha~ It's sad though 'coz it started out good ... what on earth is going through the head of the production team ie. scriptwriter, director, camera man etc... :ph34r:

Btw ... is Hwang Hui officially out of the drama? I wonder if he's going to come back to court later on.

I will stop watching the show for awhile as it only makes me more and more annoyed .. and on a weekend too! Don't want to spoil my mood when there are other shows out there!

It does look like Hwang Hui is coming back. This is the second time someone from Sejong's camp has gone to beg him to return to help Sejong. 3 times lucky?

The King told Sejong that he is happy that Sejong has grown into a wise person who could inherit the throne while the king was alive. Then he turns right round and starts killing people who are loyal to Sejong. And last night he nearly had a stroke when he got all puffed up and asked if he shoudl turn over military matters to Sejong and completely retire? Exupery, maybe Sunae from Beautiful Days inherited the soup recipe from an ancestor working in the palace kitchen :tongue2:

Guest pint0

I tuned in for only 3 minutes this weekend. What an opportune time to tune in. The king was talking about a very serious matter - war! And the camera zoomed in on .. yup, that mullilsh servant! The director might be trying to promote her but this constant zooming in on that ugly mug when the scene is not about her makes her look like a damm MEDIA *PROSTITUTE! (*I used another word but it got edited! haha, a spade is a spade!)

Archived