[drama 2008] Robbers 불한당

Guest o-cha

Just finished ep5 and am glad that I haven't given up on this series. The storyline was a little dragging in ep3&4 but now getting more interesting.

Have always been a fan of LDH and hope the rating will pick up pace as the story develops . . .

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha!!!! OMG, I laughed so loud for at least a full minute and almost fell out of my chair! What a greeaaaattttt picture, jahye! :w00t:

PINKmocha, thank you for the ep7 preview translation. I guess Soon Dae will fall for anyone that plays with her. Hope she doesn't give up on Jin Goo, though. They make a cute pair.

Super-shirley, I was wondering about New Heart. It has such high ratings. Is it really that good? (Please don't get me hooked on another series! ;) )

o-cha, I got the feeling that Soon Dae was looking at Jin Goo with pity and said, "He's a fool" for both reasons: he was supposed come and carry her on his airplane (isn't that the whole point of the game?), but instead, he came and made a fool out of himself.

Guest bluenitesky

i can't wait for the drama to change it's course and persuade those that hate oh joon into loving him lol, it'd be interesting to see how that's going to happen though, cause we can't hate the main actor 4ever rite ?

i can't wait for the drama to change it's course and persuade those that hate oh joon into loving him lol, it'd be interesting to see how that's going to happen though, cause we can't hate the main actor 4ever rite ?

Hahahaha..I hope so..although maybe we will always hate and like him at the same time.

hjkomo : you're right..there might eb 2 reasons to why Soon Dae said that.

vkkkim : eps 5 is great,isn't it? My favorite episode so far.

Oh BTW I uploaded the official MV into youtube...

Robbers Official MV

Guest imogene_af

I think it's going to be a love-hate relationship. After epi 5, I cannot despise him... I like anti-heroes in general,though. Maybe I'm evoooolll in real life. :lol::ph34r:

O-Cha- Thanks for putting it up on youtube! I like the song. I'm guessing it's the Dal Rae POV. Anyone wanna translate? :lol:

just thought i could contribute some more active-ness to this thread :] i'll help translate the ep 7 preview ripgal

Ep 7 Preview

순섬은 오준이 돈을 돌려주자 달래가 열아홉살때부터 힘들게 벌어 모은 피같은 돈이라며 연신 고마움을 표시한다.아침을 얻어 먹고 졸고 있던 오준은 순대가 비행기를 해달라고 하자 순대와 놀이삼매경에 빠진다.달래와 함께 태오의 위패가 있는 절을 찾은 순섬은 달래를 놓아주어야 겠다는 생각을 굳히고 달래를 향해 독설을 쏟아낸다.가슴이 아픈 달래는 마음에 없는 소리를 하지 말라며 순섬을 껴안는다.마음이 아픈 순섬은 호진을 찾아가 술을 마시며 넋두리를 한다.한편 달래는 진구와의 약속을 잊고 오준과 데이트 약속을 한다.달래를 기다리던 진구는 오준이 끼어들자 권오준이라는 펀드매니저는 없다며 사기치지 말라고 면박을 준다.오준은 자신에게 막말을 해대는 진구를 향해 강력히 항의하는 달래를 보고 감동을 받는데...

As Oh Jun returns Dallae's money, SoonSum (Dallae's mother-in-law) says deep thanks saying Dallae's been saving that money through hard work since she was 19. After he eats breakfast and is lazing around, Soondae asks Oh Jun to play airplane with her and he gets lost in play with her. With Dallae, SoonSum goes to Tae Oh's grave and thinks that they must let Dallae go. Dallae becomes heartbroken and tells SoonSum not to say such words and hugs her. Heartbroken, SoonSum goes to Ho Jin and drinks with him. On the other side, Dallae forgets about her promise to meet Jin Gu and plans a date with Oh Jun. Jin Gu, waiting for Dallae, intrudes on Oh Jun and insists that there is no fund manager named Kwon Oh Jun and accuses him of being a con artist. Oh Jun becomes impressed by Dallae who strongly protests against Jin Gu's accusations.

Hope that helped :)

thanks !! .....seriously i hope Jin Goo tear off that mask of Oh joon ..~!! .... :ph34r: but now Oh joon has a little fan in Dal Rae so ..tsk ..i wonder if Oh joon has much skills in charming little girls as well ..haha

Super-shirley, I was wondering about New Heart. It has such high ratings. Is it really that good? (Please don't get me hooked on another series! ;) )

now you know there are more mad kdrama addict out here ^^ in soompi . you should have come here eariler lol

well , it depends do you like medical dramas ? i have a soft spot for medical dramas, ..i think it is pretty decent drama not really to the level of great , it doesnt really stirred up much emotions in me as i normally get from good medical dramas,

it has the basic elements of medical dramas which will create a following , hence the high ratings . ..plus i do like Jo Jae Hyun in there . ..but there are some flaws i hope they work to improve on it to make it better .anyway i normally catch up on it when the subtitles are released lol so it ;s not that demanding on my viewing schedule .

~~ ..the one medical drama i will recommend you to watch is WHITE TOWER!! ^^ ...must watch ! ..

Guest babymarzy07

Am I horrible for wanting so much for the main lead to die?? :sweatingbullets: Seriously, I would enjoy watching this drama if I know for sure Oh Joon is going to die. Sorry, I'm all about Jin Goo. I have no sympathy nor pity for Oh Joon.

lol that's a funny pic!! hahaha well cant blame you there! hhee its gonna be really sad when Dal Rae find out everything. that will really hurt her. but somehow, im hoping for something good for Oh Joon. it seems like an inevitable ending that heading in the direction that your thinking for Oh Joon. i hope he can redeem himself before that though. poor Dal Rae if all the people she loves dies. :tears:

Guest PINKmocha

ripgal: no problem :) i know i'm soo not looking forward to the critical moment :( she'll be heartbroken... and i think something tragic will happen to make her forgive him but that's just opinion..

imogene_af: haha i'm glad i helped. i think soon dae will be more of a oh jun fan which is why dal rae will fall even harder for him :(

o-cha: you're welcome :] same hereee i'm more excited to see the immediate reaction of dal rae seeing her money back though

hjkomo: haha jin goo and soondae def make a cute pair... but oh jun is even cuter :]

shirley: :o are you not an oh jun fan? i think jin goo is a little bit too strange... and oh jun is so adorable and comical :)

i can't help but agree with most of the people that something tragic will happen to oh jun... :vicx: i don't see how else dal rae will forgive him when she finds out that he tried to steal her money and everything... or maybe im overlooking a loophole :hoping: haha

I have a feeling that this drama is going to be one of those sad, sad dramas that some one or another might end up dying or something like that. The actors and actresses are very good but if the storyline is going into that unhappy direction, I don't think I can bare to watch it. I really hope that there would be happy endings for the characters. Anyway, I will keep up with this for a little while longer and see how it turns out.

Totally agree I try never to watch sad or melodramas, I am happy enough for the odd sad event but for the whole show to be built on sadness..I mean * shivers * I like to see the end of a drama with happy thoughts and a smile on my face.

shirley, I haven't really watched any medical dramas, except Sunflower which was so long ago that I don't remember much of it. I've been meaning to watch White Tower and Surgeon Bong Dal Hee, so I guess I can wait on New Heart until I have the time. When will that ever be? It's good to know that there are people out there who watch even more than me. :)Phew! I'm not alone.

PINKmocha thanks for the translation - WOW - you're over here in this thread too?

you're everywhere - just like hjkomo!

both of you are so important to our threads.

THANKS@!!!

and the perenials - shirley - o_cha, ripgal, annchong and if i've missed your name ..

.. forgive me!

you know we appreciate you all!

Guest PINKmocha

Here's how they identified the song:

장정우 - 그것만은 (천국의 계단 OST)

any kind translaters reading here today?

i'm here :) thanks for the appreciation haha i'm glad to helpp

do you need something translated? (haha i sound like a store clerk or something...)

but that one there it says geu gut man eun by jang jungwoo... its from the stairway to heaven ost.

i'm here :) thanks for the appreciation haha i'm glad to helpp

do you need something translated? (haha i sound like a store clerk or something...)

but that one there it says geu gut man eun by jang jungwoo... its from the stairway to heaven ost.

Good morning PINKmocha!

SBS has a site up with pictures from the series - and they have the song you translated loaded onto the site to play while you look at the pictures - i didn't think it was from Robbers - it didn't sound familiar.

I thought Ep 6 was equally as good as Ep 5.. it was equally dark and solemn..and didn't focus so much on the warmth we've been seeing so far. (It's like watching Piano all over again).. I have a feeling the drama's really into Oh Joon's inner conflicts.. it sheds light on his wavering emotions every now and then, and shows us how much Oh Joon goes thru despite doing all those despicable stuff in every single episode. We don't see much about other characters already.. it's like Oh Joon's overshadowing all the characters in the drama. I don't know if it's the way the drama's supposed to be played out.. or maybe something's just missing.

About Da Hae's acting, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Altho I personnally thought she could have displayed more..but I think it's not her fault. If her script required her to put more emotion into the scenes, she would have done so without a problem. But again, we don't know.. but to be frank, I wasn't the least disappointed with her acting. She's still good..

Watching Ep 6..I wondered again, whether Oh Joon does deserve my empathy or pity? Sometimes I feel sorry for him, but the next minute when I see him smile when ppl succumb to his evil schemes, I have a sense of disgust. I hate his actions.. But again, that feeling tends not to last too long, because the next minute the drama shows him in deep conflict, doing all he can to help Dal Rae. Which is the true you Oh Joon? I'm guessing every minute..:o

Btw, does anybody think that the Robbers OST/ instrumentals resemble that of those commonly used in Japanese Dramas? A mix of jazz/ballad and soft rock?

(talking about Medical dramas.. I'm currently watching Iryu 2, and I really love the OST there.. it's soooo touching and inspiring..hehehe..)

Guest PINKmocha

Good morning canyayasis :)

Ohh I see... Robbers doesn't have an official OST yet right?

i can't wait for it to come out if it didnt :)

Guest imogene_af

I thought Ep 6 was equally as good as Ep 5.. it was equally dark and solemn..and didn't focus so much on the warmth we've been seeing so far. (It's like watching Piano all over again).. I have a feeling the drama's really into Oh Joon's inner conflicts.. it sheds light on his wavering emotions every now and then, and shows us how much Oh Joon goes thru despite doing all those despicable stuff in every single episode. We don't see much about other characters already.. it's like Oh Joon's overshadowing all the characters in the drama. I don't know if it's the way the drama's supposed to be played out.. or maybe something's just missing.

About Da Hae's acting, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Altho I personnally thought she could have displayed more..but I think it's not her fault. If her script required her to put more emotion into the scenes, she would have done so without a problem. But again, we don't know.. but to be frank, I wasn't the least disappointed with her acting. She's still good..

Watching Ep 6..I wondered again, whether Oh Joon does deserve my empathy or pity? Sometimes I feel sorry for him, but the next minute when I see him smile when ppl succumb to his evil schemes, I have a sense of disgust. I hate his actions.. But again, that feeling tends not to last too long, because the next minute the drama shows him in deep conflict, doing all he can to help Dal Rae. Which is the true you Oh Joon? I'm guessing every minute..:o

Re-watching episode 6 again, I think it may have been intentional that she acted like so, but I would have wanted the scene to be played out differently. I still maintain though that I think this is Lee Da Hae's best performance to date and I think she is carrying the Jin Dal Rae role quite well.

I thought episode 6 was the weakest in terms of direction and editing, only saving itself by the last 15 minutes starting from Jin Goo playing airplane with the broom ( :lol: ) and then ending when Dal Rae and Oh Joon meeting again. Episode 5 though was dark, I thought had a finesse way of building up everything. What I like about the way they handle the melodrama is it isn't sappy, it is kind of more of an emotional roller coaster. But this is coming from a person who loved "Requiem For A Dream", I'm weird like that. Haha.

ripgal : I see you're all caught up with the latest episode now. Well Oh Joon is probably the main character considering the title is Robber/Con-Man :lol:. He does seem to overshadow the rest of the characters-- not sure if this is how it is written or maybe just the direction of the drama. We have to admit that Oh Joon is a very intriguing character though. He always keeps us guessing which one is the true Oh Joon...to which I say he is all of them. He is both sincere and fake...both tender and harsh. I think once the writer/director has established this about Oh Joon they might move on to explaining a different character---maybe Jin Goo? I'm guessing they might give Jin Goo more dimension to his character in the upcoming episodes.

love Dal Rae's style..her clothes look so comfortable and warm....

PINKmocha : They haven't released an official OST album yet but there are 6 songs out there already for the OST. Check the first post of this thread or page 30. SBS has also put 3 or 4 songs on the Robbers official website. Oooh you should check out the website..there's a lot of fun stuff to do. If I can type in Korean I would probably have played some of the games and interactive things there.

Here's the site: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/bulhan

Archived