Saikano

Guest sleepii

Guest sleepii

cute ^^;
Saikano_background-wallpaper.jpg

Plot:
A girl and boy decide they want to fall in love. He's introverted, mean and has terrible trouble articulating what he really wants to say. She's shy, cute and is the Ultimate Weapon. During the course of their relationship, interruptions of missions parts them for periods of time. Etc. (don't feel like writing anymore...)

Title: Saikano
By: Shin Takahashi
Type: Manga (there's also the anime version)

Have you heard of this? The art is simply adorable, much different than your "average manga style" and is for mature readers (due to some sexual innuendo). I don't take to shojo manga EVER but this was so adorable ^^;
Volumes: 7 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1816Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 13 + 2 OVAs*This series has also live action film released
saikano-anime-9088536-1280-960.jpg

Saikano_background_wallpaper.jpg

saikano61600ze9.jpg

Guest sleepii

^ it says shojo on the cover ? ^^;

Wow, I didn't know about the live version...o__o

The mangaka also did Kimi no Kakera (Pieces of You). I <3 that manga o__o But there hasn't been scanlations of it as of late ==;

Guest MoonChild

I watched the anime, but I haven't read the manga. For me, Saikano is a profound movie about love and war, and it's definitely for mature people. If anyone hoping for a typical shoujo anime, then don't watch Saikano. However, if anyone hoping for anime that will make you think afterward, then Saikano is your anime.

Guest kokoro

i've seen the anime too... still thinking if i should read the manga... i dont like reading. i havent even finish reading this manga i read from two days ago and it's only 10 volume.

saikano, my top 5 favorite. im even listening to Sayonara, the ending theme song. i cried watching the anime. i dunno, maybe it's just me. i really enjoyed the anime.

Guest firelogic

I watched the 13 episode series and the 2 episode OVA and let me tell you, it's one of the most depressing shows ever. Depressing but good.:D

Guest sleepii

Yeah, it's pretty sad BUT it seems very true to life ^^; From what I've observed in the manga, the everyday tribulations of a girlfriend and boyfriend, the pressures of sex and etc. For mature audiences yes ^^;

Where can you read the manga? You can buy it ^^; snoopycool used to scanlate it until it got licensed by Viz.

Guest Yume_no_Miyavi

Saikano is my Favorite Manga and Anime After InuYasha i think its Awesome very Sad though...everytime i read it i CRY!! i only have one DVD and Six Manga so far.

• 6 months later...
Guest knockblock

I wasn't sad. I was bitter. It drove me nuts. Anybody want to explain why they didn't explain how the girl became the weapon and all that stuff? This show pissed me off :angry:

• 6 months later...
Guest papasmurf

well..the anime i owned and also the Live movie...and it's very sad....to tell u the truth i was crying like a girl because i got so emotional (i don't know if that's a good thing to do infront of a girl)....

Guest .Cherry.

I have the whole anime, it's a really good series...but it's so sad!! Goodness...i don't think an anime made me cry as much as this one did, haahaha. Towards the end though, I started to get upset cause...I don't know...the series was making upset and depressed...haha...poor Chise. -_-;;

There's a live action movie out??? O___O!! When did that happen?? I so gotta watch that.

I have the whole anime, it's a really good series...but it's so sad!! Goodness...i don't think an anime made me cry as much as this one did, haahaha. Towards the end though, I started to get upset cause...I don't know...the series was making upset and depressed...haha...poor Chise. -_-;;

There's a live action movie out??? O___O!! When did that happen?? I so gotta watch that.

I won't watch the movie. I heard the movie was bad. Pretty bad.

Guest papasmurf

have the movie......it was bad.....but it's okay i got it for like 3bucks....the girl who plays chise is cute...

Guest .Cherry.

have the movie......it was bad.....but it's okay i got it for like 3bucks....the girl who plays chise is cute...

Oh no, really?! That stinks. I saw the commercial for it and it did look a little odd. The graphics were so fake. Anyway, by bad, what do you guys exactly mean? Like bad acting or just like entire movie bad, haha?

I've read the review of the movie from a Korean blog a long time ago.

So I don't remember much details.

But (I think if I remember correctly) there was very very few good thing about it.

Don't watch it if you have read the manga and/or watched the anime.

The movie will just ruin it.

Don't trust me too much though since I myself didn't watch it.

Guest .Cherry.

^I understand. Thank you for your help! If the movie is anymore depressing like the anime, then I'll just skip it, lol. I don't wanna feel like crap after watching something, even if Chise is adorably cute. ^_^;;

• 8 months later...
Guest 122333

i haven't read the manga, but i loved the anime... i cried in the first episode and a bit in the second episode... I feel so sorry for Chise....the last few episodes broke my heart...i don't really get the ending though in the anime...and isn't there another saikano thing that was made... it showed chise...and another lady... the other lady was a weapon too, but i don't know... i haven't seen that one...my uncle cownloaded it and i only saw parts of it...

Archived