[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Happy_Day

Ahaha, my predictions were right. I'm disappointed that SH and JN's night together wasn't innocent also. This will make JN seem like a richard simmons, even though she isn't. She's the one everyone is going to blame, especially Nara. Tsk tsk.. More heartache to come for JN. SH is too much of a wuss to stick up completely for JN. Poor girl.

I have a question. Please, someone answer!!:

SH is going to be in a new drama starting beginning of April. Is he going to be doing both dramas at once, or is he leaving this one?!! If he's doing both, man, he's going to be one exhausted guy!

Guest snam124

Did you read the article? I used the Google translator and it came up with "an inveterate disease" for what is wrong with Suk-hyun...

Ducky- any clue what "inveterate disease" is?

this is from websters:

inveterate

One entry found for inveterate.

Main Entry: in·vet·er·ate

Pronunciation: in-'ve-t(&-)r&t

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin inveteratus, from past participle of inveterare to age (v.t.), from in- + veter-, vetus old -- more at WETHER

1 : firmly established by long persistence <the inveterate tendency to overlook the obvious>

2 : confirmed in a habit : HABITUAL <an inveterate liar>

- in·vet·er·ate·ly adverb

synonyms INVETERATE, CONFIRMED, CHRONIC mean firmly established. INVETERATE applies to a habit, attitude or feeling of such long existence as to be practically ineradicable or unalterable <an inveterate smoker>. CONFIRMED implies a growing stronger and firmer with time so as to resist change or reform <a confirmed bachelor>. CHRONIC suggests something that is persistent or endlessly recurrent and troublesome <a chronic complainer>.

I'm confused- LOL :blink:

Guest n5y17cgirl

Ducky- any clue what "inveterate disease" is?

I'm confused- LOL :blink:

hahaha... :)

the article/link that donilpark posted earlier - this is what it said regarding SH (for those who can read Korean):

"설상가상으로 고주원은 난치병에 걸린다. 어릴 때 미국에서 치료했던 담소폐쇄증이 재발하는 것."

which when translated means "To make matters worse, [the actor who plays] SH will get sick with an incurable disease - a relapse of what he was treated for in America when he was little."

I don't think they've revealed what kind of sickness he had as a baby just yet.

and yes, Mme. De Giry, the article is legit. it's from a Seoul newspaper, and it was posted on 3-26-06.

Guest n5y17cgirl

oh yeah...

p.s.

not to worry b/c if I understand the following sentence in that article correctly (see below for the quote), it basically says that "Minsook will make some huge sacrifice and ends up saving SH somehow. But as far as the details of that sacrifice, the PDs have not yet decided on."

"이런 반목과 갈등은 큰집 며느리 김해숙의 노력으로 풀리게 된다. 김해숙이 자신을 버리는 희생을 한 끝에 고주원이 살아나게 되는 것. 다만 제작진은 구체적인 '희생 내용'은 정하지 않았다."

Ahaha, my predictions were right. I'm disappointed that SH and JN's night together wasn't innocent also. This will make JN seem like a richard simmons, even though she isn't. She's the one everyone is going to blame, especially Nara. Tsk tsk.. More heartache to come for JN. SH is too much of a wuss to stick up completely for JN. Poor girl.

I have a question. Please, someone answer!!:

SH is going to be in a new drama starting beginning of April. Is he going to be doing both dramas at once, or is he leaving this one?!! If he's doing both, man, he's going to be one exhausted guy!

Happy Day on page 79 and 80 of this site there is discussion about this topic........ :)

These shows usually go for cancer when they want something incurable...but I doubt that's what he had as a baby----Maybe he has some form of deadly diaper rash.... :vicx::vicx::vicx:

"Minsook will make some huge sacrifice and ends up saving SH somehow.

If it's incurable how could Minsook save him???

oh yeah...

p.s.

not to worry b/c if I understand the following sentence in that article correctly (see below for the quote), it basically says that "Minsook will make some huge sacrifice and ends up saving SH somehow. But as far as the details of that sacrifice, the PDs have not yet decided on."

"이런 반목과 갈등은 큰집 며느리 김해숙의 노력으로 풀리게 된다. 김해숙이 자신을 버리는 희생을 한 끝에 고주원이 살아나게 되는 것. 다만 제작진은 구체적인 '희생 내용'은 정하지 않았다."

Of course it would be Min-sook and not Nara making the sacrifice..... I wonder could that mean he needs his biological mom so he can survive..... Maybe ?????

Guest kawaiiyuki

I agree with everyone here. I now wish that they stuck with the 150 eps. :huh:

if MS saves SH then that means SH will not be leaving the show any time soon. I think he will stay for the rest of the show and if he does he might not be in every eps so he can do the other one. In american shows, if an actor has to do more then one show they aren't always in every eps. so maybe with SH being sick they can have him at home and shot around that. That way he can still be in BB and the new one. :blush:

Guest Happy_Day

Happy Day on page 79 and 80 of this site there is discussion about this topic........ :)

Oh okay! Thanks!

I just read it... but I guess the answer is not answered for sure? Wth.. Why would SH leave the drama? It's the #1 drama in Korea right now.. I hope he doesn't.

Guest Heavensent_Asian

Ohiyo! I just wanted to say hi since I'm pretty new here. And PWPM is my obsession! But if JN is pregnant, I really do hope that Nara won't try to ruin it. That would be horrible and SK can't get sick because of JN! That would be horrible. Hopefully the next wedding picture we see is the one of SK and JN. *pouts* It's so depressing. :tears:

I life in NY and we're only on eppie 82. Thank gosh for Clubbox! The depressing part is no subtitles!

*pouts* Are you guys sure it's gonna be 170 eppies with all those story lines happening? That would be sad. I didn't watch MSMD, but by the sounds of it, I don't want PWPM to end like it.

Ta ta.

Guest Heavensent_Asian

maybe he needs a transplant of some sort?

That would be my guess -- a Kidney, you think?

Do you really think so? At least he'd be alive...

Guest kawaiiyuki

Ohiyo! I just wanted to say hi since I'm pretty new here. And PWPM is my obsession! But if JN is pregnant, I really do hope that Nara won't try to ruin it. That would be horrible and SK can't get sick because of JN! That would be horrible. Hopefully the next wedding picture we see is the one of SK and JN. *pouts* It's so depressing. :tears:

I life in NY and we're only on eppie 82. Thank gosh for Clubbox! The depressing part is no subtitles!

*pouts* Are you guys sure it's gonna be 170 eppies with all those story lines happening? That would be sad. I didn't watch MSMD, but by the sounds of it, I don't want PWPM to end like it.

Ta ta.

Just wanted to say hi to another new yorker. I also live in ny so yeah, i know how annoying it is to be so behind on the show. thank goodness for this site. We have to wait until the end if may to get to the lovely SH and JN moments.

maybe he needs a transplant of some sort? :huh:

I think he had a problem with breathing when he was a baby.......

Something with his lungs????

They do lung transplants now But I think the donor is usually a person who is brain dead or has no hope of survival....

Does anyone know the answer to that question?

Archived