[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

Guest LJONES@POWELL.COM

I also thank you n5y17cgirl for that detailed translation. It was great. if you do translations for eps 129. thanks!

Nara the witch is back and i thought she was going to stay under that blanket!! Man why didn't she. Will JN meet with Granny? If yes, i hope SH goes with her.

Wow thanks so much n5y17cgirl :) , for some reason my heart feels heavy for the both of them now... I am wondering how they will ever make it with everyone so against them. The nerve of Nara, does she even love her son I mean at least Jaoek is trying to sympathize with Jongnam. Eventhough she is getting on my nerves too ... but I can't say I blame her. Nara is a witch in this drama and it will not be easy for them. Can anyone please let me know how they feel about the whole thing. I am beside myself right now. I want them to be together but ayo the pain they will encounter. I think they can do it they are both pretty strong and stubborn. :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest professor97

n5y17cgirl--wow thank you--that really must have taken forever. I wish there was a way for us to repay your hard work. Anyway--was JN just making fun of Nara about the money--was that her tone--if so the old Jongnam is back and she can handle that woman. But I don't know about Grandmother and JO. Next week is going to be good especially when Nara finds out Sukhyun knows the truth.

Guest ChiSoju

Nara has two ways of solving problems: coercion and bribery. I can just picture Nara in grade school --

Teacher: "Nara, how much is three times six?"

Nara: "Here." [slips teacher an envelope full of money] <_<

I was kind of surprised to see that one scene where she bows to Jae-do. I didn't think she'd bow to anybody.

I still can't get over her status in the family. Yes she has a lot of money, and seems to be responsible for saving Suk-hyun's life, but she's only a daughter-in-law, not a daughter, and she's not even the wife of the eldest son. I wonder if her position has something to do with the 'mistake' Grandpa made which they've made a couple of references to.

Maybe Nara is actually Jae-man's half sister; Grandpa had a daughter out of wedlock with a wealthy money lender, and, to be responsible, Jae-man had to marry her because no one else would, she's such a Bee. And that's why they can't have any children together.

I'm not really serious about that, but it would explain a lot.

Guest n5y17cgirl

i was just about to post this entry, when my internet explorer decides to crash... ugh, don't you hate when that happens? anyway, haha - moving on...

Wow thanks so much n5y17cgirl :) , for some reason my heart feels heavy for the both of them now... I am wondering how they will ever make it with everyone so against them. The nerve of Nara, does she even love her son I mean at least Jaoek is trying to sympathize with Jongnam. Eventhough she is getting on my nerves too ... but I can't say I blame her. Nara is a witch in this drama and it will not be easy for them. Can anyone please let me know how they feel about the whole thing. I am beside myself right now. I want them to be together but ayo the pain they will encounter. I think they can do it they are both pretty strong and stubborn. :(

Well, it'll definitely be an uphill battle for those two. But like you said, they're both strong. so we'll just have to wait & see what happens. *keeping my fingers crossed*

I think more so than anything - it's not that JO doesn't want JN to be happy with the person she truly loves - JO just wants the best for JN b/c she loves her daughter and doesn't want to see her live a hard life - the stereotypical daughter-in-law to Nara who hates her and would make her life forever miserable... which from a mother's point-of-view is perfectly understandable. And yeah, just like someone posted a couple of weeks ago, I think there may have been some bad blood b/w JO & Nara way back when - not sure what exactly, but they seem to kind of allude to that... of course, it could just be that they simply don't get along. :rolleyes:

Also, there was this one scene - I think it may have been in ep. 129 - where MS & JD are talking after finding out that JN & SH disappeared together, and MS says to JD: "Any way I think about it, I think we'll have to give them our blessing and let them get married. It's not just SH; JN loves him, too..." So in that sense, I think MS is the one person that's trying to be more sympathetic & understanding towards JN & SH b/c she doesn't want to see SH hurting anymore. So maybe she'll be the one that ends up helping the two of them somehow.

n5y17cgirl--wow thank you--that really must have taken forever. I wish there was a way for us to repay your hard work. Anyway--was JN just making fun of Nara about the money--was that her tone--if so the old Jongnam is back and she can handle that woman. But I don't know about Grandmother and JO. Next week is going to be good especially when Nara finds out Sukhyun knows the truth.

you're welcome. :) I know, I can't wait for Nara to find out that SH knows the truth about his birth parents! I'm actually ready for everyone to find out about everything already. :P I wonder when they'll fill us in with all the details on the whole mystery surrounding SH's "adoption" - why Nara agreed to raise SH as her own son and paid MS & JD for him, and how that all came about to be, etc...

and yes, JN's tone in that scene was one of "o.k. I'll play along for a bit; let's pow-wow" kind of thing. you go, JN! :lol:

Nara has two ways of solving problems: coercion and bribery. I can just picture Nara in grade school --

Teacher: "Nara, how much is three times six?"

Nara: "Here." [slips teacher an envelope full of money] <_<

I was kind of surprised to see that one scene where she bows to Jae-do. I didn't think she'd bow to anybody.

I still can't get over her status in the family. Yes she has a lot of money, and seems to be responsible for saving Suk-hyun's life, but she's only a daughter-in-law, not a daughter, and she's not even the wife of the eldest son. I wonder if her position has something to do with the 'mistake' Grandpa made which they've made a couple of references to.

puhaha... you're funny. I like that scenario. :)

yeah... I think despite her tough exterior, Nara is still the kind of person to uphold certain proper etiquette - probably b/c of how she was raised. JD is her older brother-in-law, so she knows to show respect to him. I don't get her whole high status thing, either... I mean, other than the fact that she has money and was responsible for saving SH's life like you said.

One thing I was actually wondering, though, was about her own family. Where are they? What's the story behind them? I mean, I know the cast is so big as it is, so it would have been hard to bring any more characters into the storyline, but do we know anything about her family - her parents, etc? Perhaps I missed something in those earlier episodes...

p.s. thnx for the YSI link, dramaok! :wub:

Guest professor97

Well, we know her mother is alive--she uses her as an excuse to leave the big family's house whenever she wants to keep Sukhyun away from Minsook and Jongnam. Also she must have sisters because when Minsook wanted to help with Haein and Sukhyun's wedding, Nara curtly told her that she was going to have her sisters help her--and Minsook cried. :(

Ultimately, Nara is going to lose big time because if she pushes Sukhyun he'll tell her he knows about her lies about his birth--I saw the teror on her face in the preview. I think Sukhyun is not going to give up Jongnam no matter what now--"She's his woman." I loved that statement, albeit it is a bit chauvinistic. Can you see him pounding his chest to IB and saying, "She's my woman now!!" :w00t:

Oh I want all the secrets to come out so much. Thank you again for the translations. :D

Ultimately, Nara is going to lose big time because if she pushes Sukhyun he'll tell her he knows about her lies about his birth--I saw the teror on her face in the preview. I think Sukhyun is not going to give up Jongnam no matter what now--"She's his woman." I loved that statement, albeit it is a bit chauvinistic. Can you see him pounding his chest to IB and saying, "She's my woman now!!" :w00t:

I agree with you Professor!!!!!!! In my 5 years of watching K-Dramas Nara has got to be the EVILEST Woman I have seen. I think she is the Spawn from H*LL!!!!!!! :fury: :fury: :fury:

N5y17cgirl Thank you for the translations. Now I am going to watch episode 130 and truly enjoy it :)

I hope the saying "What goes around comes around " will soon bite Nara in the butt... :w00t:

Guest myapril

i loved the spot translation for eps 130 but can someone post screen caps from that eps? thanks ~~ :)

Wanted to post it earlier.......but got busy......But here you go:

EPISODE 130:

Nara showed up and after slapping JN:

bscap420.jpg

bscap421.jpg

bscap422.jpg

bscap423.jpg

bscap424.jpg

Nara goes to KW's house and JN returns home:

bscap426.jpg

bscap427.jpg

bscap428.jpg

bscap429.jpg

bscap430.jpg

bscap431.jpg

SH at work :

bscap432.jpg

bscap433.jpg

HI tells parents about her proposal and BD tries to convince YJ ?(whatever her name is)

bscap434.jpg

bscap435.jpg

bscap436.jpg

KW returns home and the scene when he thought granny is sick becuase of him and HI

bscap437.jpg

bscap438.jpg

bscap439.jpg

bscap440.jpg

After KW realized everyone was talking about SH and JN, and everyone realized KW was talking about HI and KW

bscap441.jpg

bscap442.jpg

bscap443.jpg

bscap444.jpg

bscap445.jpg

SH calls JN and meets:

bscap446.jpg

bscap447.jpg

bscap448.jpg

bscap449.jpg

JN and JO talks:

bscap450.jpg

bscap451.jpg

bscap452.jpg

bscap453.jpg

bscap454.jpg

Nara after she came up with her BRILIANT IDEA to offer money to JN to leave SH :vicx:

bscap455.jpg

JN meets IB and breaks off whatever engagement they had:

bscap456.jpg

bscap457.jpg

bscap458.jpg

bscap459.jpg

After the meeting she sees Nara's name on her caller id

bscap460.jpg

JN goes to SH's house:

bscap461.jpg

Nara executing her briliant idea:

bscap462.jpg

JN takes the check:

bscap463.jpg

bscap464.jpg

JN says excuse me ...and it ended:

bscap465.jpg

Guest myapril

Since this drama still has 2 more months to go and Nara is going to find out next week that SH knows the truth makes me nervous for some reason! Not sure exactly why! :unsure:

I was the one who said that-between Nara and JO there might be something else! Reason, in one of the episodes JO says to Nara one of the reasons Nara looks down on JN is because Nara looks down on JO-I thought that comment was little weird........why Nara would look down on JO? In the very begining once Nara mentioned to JM that she had helped JO when she open her resaturant with money....something to that affect! So, there must be something else........I mean everyone hates Nara in that family but it just seems that JO hates the most while it actually should be MS! But it also could be something to do with adopting SH.....just the question we have why couldn't Nara just give money to treat SH instead of taking SH? Probably JO also think the same......IYWIM? Now that I'm writing this I do actually think it has something to do with that! Caz JO mentioned quite a few times one of the reasons Nara does whatever she wants or gets away with things that she do becuase she has power....aka money! And she tries to control everyone beacause of that! And who knows probably JO opposed Nara adopting SH .......and that's why Nara doesn't like her?????? Could be that.

Now, I really wanted to MS to know about SH and JN. I was actually waiting for the episode when MS will come to know about SH and JN. And I knew if she knew that she was the only who could help SH and JN more than anybody! N5y17cgirl, thanks for letting us know the comment MS made about SH and JN-to give them belssing as they both love each other-now, I totally think she is the ONLY one who would not oppose one bit against SH and JN wedding and acually sway everyone who is opposed to the idea of JN and SH's marriage except Nara!

Now, I'm wondering what Nara would do after she finds out that! May be she will consent to SH and JN's wedding thinking opposing it only will turn SH away from her or made him more angry! Or it will take complete different turn.......I just hope something not that crazy!

Guest tovand2

n5y17cgirl, when you put "chief-ess" in your translation, is that what SH said in korean, or is it just your short-hand translation? It's really cute though. Those pics where JN and SH are wearing i guess the landlady's clothes, they look like a fishermen couple. Maybe they should just leave it all behind and go live by the sea. =)

Guest n5y17cgirl

n5y17cgirl, when you put "chief-ess" in your translation, is that what SH said in korean, or is it just your short-hand translation? It's really cute though. Those pics where JN and SH are wearing i guess the landlady's clothes, they look like a fishermen couple. Maybe they should just leave it all behind and go live by the sea. =)

It's sort of a combination of both: SH uses the word "Ee Jang Ddae" which when translated means something like "wife of chief of small town." so my short-hand version of that is to use "chief-ess."

If you remember in episode 127 (see my Post #1622 - Episode 127: SH & JN scenes translations), there was this one scene where JN calls SH "Ee Jang Nim":

SH: Hey, ajuma.

JN: What, Ee Jang Nim (Mr. "chief of a small town/village").

SH: What? Have you ever seen a handsome chief like me?

JN: Handsome – please…

so then later in episode 128, SH calls JN "Ee Jang Ddae." and ever since then, it's been kind of a running joke between the two of them - the "Ee Jang Nim" (chief) and "Ee Jang Ddae" (chief-ess) couple. cute, huh. :P

Guest n5y17cgirl

Since this drama still has 2 more months to go and Nara is going to find out next week that SH knows the truth makes me nervous for some reason! Not sure exactly why! :unsure:

um, perhaps because a lot can happen in 2 months? :) I know what you mean, though. They could either:

A. drag out the storyline between SH & JN - they'll have to face all of these obstacles so that they can't be together until the very end, OR

B. they'll get together fairly quickly (with or without their parents' approval) and then something bad will happen, OR

C. they'll give those two a happy ending early on, so that we can actually see them living as a married couple for at least a month or so before the series ends.

Well, we know her mother is alive--she uses her as an excuse to leave the big family's house whenever she wants to keep Sukhyun away from Minsook and Jongnam. Also she must have sisters because when Minsook wanted to help with Haein and Sukhyun's wedding, Nara curtly told her that she was going to have her sisters help her--and Minsook cried. :(

ohh... i see. thnx for that clarification, professor97. :)

yeah, I agree with you: there's no way SH is going to give up JN now. "She's his woman now!" how very caveman-like. it's like "Me, man - you, woman!" puhaha... :lol:

Guest dramaok

kudos to n5y17cgirl. great translation/summary. your 'chief ness' translation is too cute. ^^

professor or was it my april (sorry too lazy to go back).

nara has no siblings. she is the sole heir to 'wellbeing shopping' and grew up without siblings.

but you're right she does have a mother. she's on the phone with her every now and then.

starSub_cast2_02.jpg

i tried to upload ep. 130 again on ysi but failed 2x. i'll try again later.

some good news:

a420060326_23101103.jpg

a420060326_23100950.jpg

a420060326_23100924.jpg

a420060326_23100855.jpg

the wedding scene will broadcast on 4-4 and 4-5.

and for the storyline. do we agree that JN and SH were intimate? okay i know i seem a bit obsessed with the issue. but it seems important to me. because i wanna know where the story is going. and if JN and SH were really intimate then there's the possibility of pregnancy in the storyline and i'd hate to see it go that direction.... if not then are JN and SH just pretending like they were intimiate so ppl have no chose but approve them being together? SH sort of implies to his mom that JN is 'his woman' and in the traditional caveman sense i interpret that as 'i had sex with her therefore i'm responsible for her now' and JN says 'sorry' to her mom when JO asks if she and SH were intimiate and the 'sorry' i interpret as 'yes i did i'm sorry'...?

Guest professor97

Dramaok: Where did you get the pictures of the wedding? Did you see Haein's aunt in the picture with Jae-min--that means the truth will be out soon about those two--oh boy the end is near for poor Jae-min if Haein's father discovers he's Mr. Kim.

The reason I said Nara has sisters was that she said that to Minsook about the wedding--it could have been just the subtitles being wrong as usual?

Is that a Buddist wedding ceremony?

And anyone who's Korean--is there anything in your culture that allows for elopements--I've never seen a drama where anyone has run away and eloped--they've only talked about going to the US (We must be the elopement capital of the world--just curious because if I were Sukhyun I'd take "My woman" and get away from Nara. We know Jongnam didn't take her bribe or she wouldn't have to try bribing IB next. She takes the :crazy: award for the worst KD character ever.

Guest ChiSoju

Who are the kids?

I notice that Ok-doo and Jae-man are both there, standing as far apart as they can, trying hard to ignore each other, with Byoung-doo and Nara between them. I guess this means there's going to be some development in their "romance".

Guest ChiSoju

Professor, it is a traditional Korean wedding. I think both Buddhists and Christians can opt for this ceremony.

I wouldn't say Nara is the worst character ever - just the most hateable. Without her ornery spitefullnes, this show would have already ended last month. She's really the engine behind the show.

Guest myapril

some good news:

a420060326_23101103.jpg

the wedding scene will broadcast on 4-4 and 4-5.

and for the storyline. do we agree that JN and SH were intimate? JN says 'sorry' to her mom when JO asks if she and SH were intimiate and the 'sorry' i interpret as 'yes i did i'm sorry'...?

First of all, thanks for the pic!!!! I like the pic where everyone is there! First thing as soon as I saw OD, I looked for JM.......and there he is.....so far far away from OD! he looks embarrased and OD looks sad!poor them!

Intersting that Nara seems sort of outside...somewhere..even SH is not right next to her...and that pic is taken after Nara finds out SH knows the truth! I'm trying to play a gussing game from looking at the pic.....what's happening during that time! LOL.

Regarding the SH and JN whether or not........the reason why I requested the scene translation when JN and JO talked and I just wanted to make sure if what I was guessing was actually right when JO asked Jn how far they went and JN asnwered saying sorry-what does that mean? To me it means -Sorry we went too far- or sorry I can't tell you! Whatever that is I hope things go ok.....

Another very common K-Drama trait looks like will be true here too- One Traditional Korean Wedding! I was wondering who will have that SH and JN or KW and HI-but now I know! I also noticed that Korean traditinal wedding usually happens when one family is not financailly THAT well off or there is some family problem. For ex, I haven't seen those episodes but I know in YH Tae-Young and his wife had traditional wedding, in OMR- Hae-Ran's brother and Lead actress's sister had that (and Hae-ran's family was we all know not well off at all), then in MPC- lead acotr and actress (and we all know the reason that Hee-Soo married that guy to save their house-) and in MSMD I havn't seen how In-Young's brother married but I'll guess traditional way. So, is that always a second option? If someone can't afford the fancy wedding then they opt for traditional one? Or if someone doesn't want all the hype then they go for it?

Archived