[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look suspicious :angry:

Leave it to the witch Nara.......

She has already lost her husband Now she wants tp push SK over the edge too!!!

There is no end to her controlling people....Hope SK gets there in time.

Min-sook seems to be on JN and SK side...... That's a good thing......

When Nara got SK when he was a baby she treated him well. Now it seems that he is just like a pet to her. She wants to control every aspect of his life. She wants him to sit, eat, stay and roll over at her every wish. She is forgetting that there is something she can not take away from SK.... It is his free will to do as he pleases....

Beware Nara or you will lose SK..... Then who are you going to control?????

Can anyone please translate what they're saying in the preview video over at KBS? :tears:Is Nara forcing JN to have an abortion?!!! That's what it looks like to me... :fury:

Guest ronni

Can anyone please translate what they're saying in the preview video over at KBS? :tears:Is Nara forcing JN to have an abortion?!!! That's what it looks like to me... :fury:

This is what I think it says:

141- The whole family is shocked to find out about Jongnam's pregnancy, Nara storms home angrily, accompanied by Sukhyun. At home, Nara throws her cheating husband out.

Minsook asks Nara what she will do about the baby, Nara wants Jongnam ot have an abortion. Nara calls Jongnam and makes her promise to meet her.

142- Despite the family's reaction, Sukhyun and Jongnam don't give up hope. Kiwoong and Haein decide to stand by Sukhyun and Jongnam and help to persuade the family.

Minsook is upset that Nara wants Jongnam to get an abortion, so she finally calls Sukhyun. Sukhyun races for the hospital, while Nara drags a crying Jongnam to the OB/GYN.

I used the spoiler tags, so highlight it to show... How do you get that little happy face with the spoiler sign that shows the text?

((edit)) i didn't see that you were referring to the preview video. i don't know what it all says either, but i'd love if someone could tell us! :D

Guest kawaiiyuki

141- The whole family is shocked to find out about Jongnam's pregnancy, Nara storms home angrily, accompanied by Sukhyun. At home, Nara throws her cheating husband out.

Minsook asks Nara what she will do about the baby, Nara wants Jongnam ot have an abortion. Nara calls Jongnam and makes her promise to meet her.

142- Despite the family's reaction, Sukhyun and Jongnam don't give up hope. Kiwoong and Haein decide to stand by Sukhyun and Jongnam and help to persuade the family.

Minsook is upset that Nara wants Jongnam to get an abortion, so she finally calls Sukhyun. Sukhyun races for the hospital, while Nara drags a crying Jongnam to the OB/GYN.

I used the spoiler tags, so highlight it to show... How do you get that little happy face with the spoiler sign that shows the text?

Oh my god! :o the eps coming up are so dramatic. when i was watching the previews and saw SH ran it his car.. i was like this is not good. most of us had a feeling that Nara would want JN it get an abortion. :rolleyes: in the perviews we can see that MS was trying to protect JN from nara by hugging her. :) Can anyone figure out that JN's mom think? :sweatingbullets: But wait... Nara can't force JN to get the abortion.. i mean what is she (nara) going to do.. take the doctor's place? Only JN can decide that and if she doesn't want one the doctor can't do anything. B) There is a shot of a girl who drops to the floor begging Nara. Is that JN? i thought for a moment it was Hi's aunt but after reading the spoiler... I'm not sure.. can one see? (cause that shot moves pretty fast!)

Guest ronni

But wait... Nara can't force JN to get the abortion.. i mean what is she (nara) going to do.. take the doctor's place? Only JN can decide that and if she doesn't want one the doctor can't do anything. B)

I think it has to do with the respecting elders thing or something that they have over there. Did you see MSMD? How many times did that nasty MIL make InYoung get artificial insemination? Even when InYoung protested?

Jongnam's a bit more spunky, so hopefully she won't give in to Nasty Nara.

But.... I thought abortion was illegal in Korea?

Guest myapril

Before I went on vacation I read about the spoiler that JN will get preggo and SH will have his old sickness back................WHAT?

I'm so disgusted with this storyline that I was actually unable to post anything for a while...........even after I came back from vacation! Now, the next epis- especially Nara dragging JN to Ob/GYN is mind boggling! I know it's a drama...........but come on...........can KBS not hire those richard simmons writer anymore?????

I knew that SH and JN did the did..........caz the way JN was smiling after she woke up. If that wasn't enough to convince some viewers they did it, the scene when JN was washing (well she was done washing I guess in that scene) SH's shorts or underwear whatever that was.........I thought yap they did it, I would for one NEVER wash that piece of clothing unless........!! Ok, moving forward, I know it's old story now caz dah JN is preggo!

But how unrealistic is that in dramas (i know the drama itself is unrealistic, but still) whenever they have sex for once................VIOLA...........the girl is PG! Hmm...........I wonder if they on purpose have the one night stand around the time when the girl ovulates?????? This bugs me to a no end. Seriously, why is that always the girl is on her FERTILE time????? And near ovulation? or Ovulating? Why can't for once the girl passed her ovulate time........the most precious 48 hours right after that or she is having her period????? For once? Is that too much to ask from the writer???? For once I want to see in the drama when the couple ready to do their one night stuff........the girl says.....hey guess what, I'm having my peirod so back off!

I wanna write a letter to KBS saying I would love to see NOT these below things happen just in ONE daily drama:

1. No more 1 night stand that will lead to pregnancy

2. Not a single miscarriage

3. Not a single divorce

4. No traditional wedding that happens ONLY to people who are NOT well off- I wanna see a traditional wedding which happens in a RICH family.

5. And please don't drag the damn dramas in the begining to almost killing us and then when it's time to wrap up things happen in a super sonic speed.

I also agree with the poster who says the KW and HI wedding was in a rush. And this whole wedding thing and the honeymooning- wow what a rubbish! If I were KW, I would have waited at least 1 year to get settled first financially, the writer very well could have done that- hey KW waited for HI for 10 years , she could have waited for her 1 year- and since writers are good in fast forwarding time at the end of the drama I don't think that would have been any problem!!!!

I am not even going to comment on SH's disease coming back.........!

Someone posted here some pics of HI without make-up (don't know who posted) , just wanted to say I like HI more as.......Alien! I didn't like her human face aka without makeup at all!

Guest chevm

Before I went on vacation I read about the spoiler that JN will get preggo and SH will have his old sickness back................WHAT?

I'm so disgusted with this storyline that I was actually unable to post anything for a while...........even after I came back from vacation! Now, the next epis- especially Nara dragging JN to Ob/GYN is mind boggling! I know it's a drama...........but come on...........can KBS not hire those richard simmons writer anymore?????

I knew that SH and JN did the did..........caz the way JN was smiling after she woke up. If that wasn't enough to convince some viewers they did it, the scene when JN was washing (well she was done washing I guess in that scene) SH's shorts or underwear whatever that was.........I thought yap they did it, I would for one NEVER wash that piece of clothing unless........!! Ok, moving forward, I know it's old story now caz dah JN is preggo!

But how unrealistic is that in dramas (i know the drama itself is unrealistic, but still) whenever they have sex for once................VIOLA...........the girl is PG! Hmm...........I wonder if they on purpose have the one night stand around the time when the girl ovulates?????? This bugs me to a no end. Seriously, why is that always the girl is on her FERTILE time????? And near ovulation? or Ovulating? Why can't for once the girl passed her ovulate time........the most precious 48 hours right after that or she is having her period????? For once? Is that too much to ask from the writer???? For once I want to see in the drama when the couple ready to do their one night stuff........the girl says.....hey guess what, I'm having my peirod so back off!

I wanna write a letter to KBS saying I would love to see NOT these below things happen just in ONE daily drama:

3. Not a single divorce

4. No traditional wedding that happens ONLY to people who are NOT well off- I wanna see a traditional wedding which happens in a RICH family.

5. And please don't drag the damn dramas in the begining to almost killing us and then when it's time to wrap up things happen in a super sonic speed.

I also agree with the poster who says the KW and HI wedding was in a rush. And this whole wedding thing and the honeymooning- wow what a rubbish! If I were KW, I would have waited at least 1 year to get settled first financially, the writer very well could have done that- hey KW waited for HI for 10 years , she could have waited for her 1 year- and since writers are good in fast forwarding time at the end of the drama I don't think that would have been any problem!!!!

I am not even going to comment on SH's disease coming back.........!

Someone posted here some pics of HI without make-up (don't know who posted) , just wanted to say I like HI more as.......Alien! I didn't like her human face aka without makeup at all!

Ooops! Sorry, I didn't intend to copy/reply the specific quote above, and I don't know how to delete it. I'm fumbling, it's my first post in this forum.

Anyway, I'm a huge TBB fan, too, and this forum was just what I needed :)

I just discovered today that I could actually watch advance episodes through asf when I downloaded one from here. I've tried watching on the KBS site so many times--to no avail. Turned out it doesn't work on Mac. But asf does! :rolleyes:

Where I live we're on the 118th ep. Can't wait to see the coming eps, esp after reading the transcripts here. Can someone pls d/l eps. 127-130 again on asf, pls, pls! Would be really grateful :)

Guest ronni

But how unrealistic is that in dramas (i know the drama itself is unrealistic, but still) whenever they have sex for once................VIOLA...........the girl is PG!

This does actually happen in real life. See my avatar? :blush:

Guest Mme. De Giry

Thanks, ronni!!! I was going crazy not knowing what went on... Poor SH. :tears: I hope JN puts up a fight and creates a really big scene to get Nara off her (I mean if Nara really wants to go on with her nasty plan then the least JN could do is get Nara to drag her!). And Suky---run!!! Run! Run! Save your family!!! I hope they get to keep their baby (if they don't then maybe that's why SH will get his old disease back). :( Thanks for the preview summary translation, ronni! :) I wonder why they only did 2 days' worth? Those guys might not have that much creativity and imagination when it comes to the storyline, but they sure do know how to keep rabid viewers like me hanging!

Guest trendy

can anybody post any of the links for this weeks episodes. i missed everyone of them, i'm too slow and didn't reach the links in time. please please please! really wanted to see the wedding and all :)

You can always go to creidesca's clubbox. :) Just click on that link above for 139, then it'll put you through to her CB. On the left there's a box listing different kinds of things you can download--'Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man' is somewhere along the bottom-part. Click that and you can choose whatever episode you want to download. I wouldn't know about the YSI files cos those have time limits on them. The CB's always there. :) And I'm not sure if this week's episodes are on File Front, but you can always check it. Go to the first page of this thread--the link for FF is there.

*EDIT* I just noticed--dramaok has the link for 138 in YSI on the first post of this page ^^

Guest Mme. De Giry

I think it has to do with the respecting elders thing or something that they have over there. Did you see MSMD? How many times did that nasty MIL make InYoung get artificial insemination? Even when InYoung protested?

I thought they're (at least the characters involved in this particular dilemma) supposed to be modern? Besides, you can't even get a colonoscopy without an informed consent from the patient---how much more for an abortion! I guess Nara will have to do something illegal like bribing the doctor to look the other way, OR she might even do it herself. With Nara, you never know. :fury:

Guest professor97

My exact sentiments--I don't believe there is any law which requires a young woman to have an abortion if her boyfriend's mother insists on it--no Korean law that I have ever heard about. That storyline is really unbelieveable--I think they haven't put the rest of the week's summary up yet so they can have the audience in an uproar for a few days (the weekend). It's more fun if they torture us.

Thanks Ronni, though, for doing a quick translation. I'm getting really unhappy with the Nara part of this story. Someone needs to defy her wishes. She is just showing that she is not Sukhyun's real mother--no real mother would hurt her child that way--no mother could stand to do that. This bodes well for Minsook who may end up as Sukhyun's mother again finally--and Nara can live in her big house by herself.

((edit)) i didn't see that you were referring to the preview video. i don't know what it all says either, but i'd love if someone could tell us! :D

omg!!! ahhhh I hate NARA

Guest dramaok

Mme.De Giry, you're right. nara is dragging jongnam to the clinic to have an abortion. it looks like nara is still dilusional and thinks she reigns over the world. but like ronni said, it's not unfanthomable in korea. from nara's perspective, JN has her family's fetus and as 'queen nara' she believes she has the power to terminate that. it's the whole respecting elder tradition.

This does actually happen in real life. See my avatar? :blush:

ronni your avatar is adorable. is he really your son? he's fabulous!

myapril,

yes you were right about the smile look on JN the day after. and technically we don't really know if they only did it once. keke :ph34r: :blush: :blink:

abortion, btw, is illegal in korea; however your doctor can give you an exemption and still perform the abortion 'legally' and most ppl in korea don't know that abortion is illegal. and rarely will the illegal performance be prosecuted. i never heard of jailtime for abortion at least. maybe a fine. but usually private clinics will perform the abortion (up to certain weeks of gestation) for a fee.

3. Not a single divorce

Calm down and tell us how you really feel...

Guest professor97

We should all know that Nara will not be able to get Jongnam to abort the baby--no one is that powerful--but writers (as I am one) have to use drama to keep the drama going--and that is what they are doing and probably why they haven't released the rest of the summaries yet, because then we would know that the abortion didn't happen. I doubt Jongnam having an abortion would go over well with the audience in Korea--so we probably can relax about that. Isn't it interesting how we get so involved in these dramas that we cry and laugh with them? They must hit us at a place that feels familiar to us, because we identify so much.

Guest kawaiiyuki

My exact sentiments--I don't believe there is any law which requires a young woman to have an abortion if her boyfriend's mother insists on it--no Korean law that I have ever heard about. That storyline is really unbelieveable--I think they haven't put the rest of the week's summary up yet so they can have the audience in an uproar for a few days (the weekend). It's more fun if they torture us.

Thanks Ronni, though, for doing a quick translation. I'm getting really unhappy with the Nara part of this story. Someone needs to defy her wishes. She is just showing that she is not Sukhyun's real mother--no real mother would hurt her child that way--no mother could stand to do that. This bodes well for Minsook who may end up as Sukhyun's mother again finally--and Nara can live in her big house by herself.

I also thought that it was strange that they didn't post previews for the rest of the week. i'm just thinking that they don't have the tapes or whatever so they haven't posted it yet. but i also think that prof.97 is correct about the viewers being in a uproar. heck i'm pissed and hopes SH gets to the hospital in time to save his family. RUN SH RUN! :vicx: But there is really nothing nara can do about it if JN doesn't want to have the abortion. Hope JN beggs and cries to hard that everyone at the hospital (or at least on that floor) stares at them. Heck i hope the nurse and doctors come out and stare at them. :sweatingbullets:

Archived