Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest yukumushio

Actually, it was a 50 hour game for me, and I played normally, I guess you're reaalllyyy good, or I reaallly suck, or both.

Michelle, I recommend Legend of ZeldaVERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! But try to find it cheap, it's like over a year old, so finding it cheap would be good.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colorstoobright

Actually, it was a 50 hour game for me, and I played normally, I guess you're reaalllyyy good, or I reaallly suck, or both.

Michelle, I recommend Legend of ZeldaVERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! But try to find it cheap, it's like over a year old, so finding it cheap would be good.

No no, hahaha, I was just so excited when I got it I played non-stop :D.

Guest monchichi

I got the Wii :) and I got Zelda. It's so much fun but I keep on dying because I'm not used to the controls yet LOL my brother's gotten the hang of it though. I think he's more than halfway through already.

The gamestore guy recommended Mario Galaxy and I've seen a few clips of it on youtube... but does anyone personally recommend this game? Is it any good?

Guest yukumushio

OH HELLA YES!! I absolutely love the game!! lol, the thing that really made it amazing for me is probably gonna

be a stupid reason for some, After you beat the game...you can just continue!!! I loved taht about it, with something

like Zelda...After you beat it, the game starts over T_T, I'm still trying to get all 120 stars and every single little hidden

thing.

PS: I hated Mario Games till galaxy, didn't care for the platformer much, and I was not gonna buy galaxy. But, the

hype surrounding it and all the vids got to me, and I bought it!! I highly recommend it!

Guest aznfishyfart

lol when i first played zelda i had the hardest time

cuz normally u press a with ur thumb to swing....but now it just puts away ur sword so i keep getting damaged xP

I loooooooove Twilight Princess. The gameplay is good, the controls are smooth, but the game is a little too easy.. A 70-hour game turned out to be a 30-hour instead if you play at a steady pace. I still say it's a must have for Wii, though. It's still my favorite game on the console!

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll buy it next time when I have money.

Michelle, I recommend Legend of Zelda VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! But try to find it cheap, it's like over a year old, so finding it cheap would be good.

My friend told me it was fun, so I was considering it, but you guys' comments makes me want it now.

I'm still such a noob at Super Maio Galaxy, I get scared to play because I suck xD

I need to go play and get better -sigh-, but I'm still not used to the controls :X

Guest dudeman

Mario Galaxy is definitely a superb game.

Like a typical platformer, it gets progressively harder until it gets downright ridiculous for the last couple of stars.

I'm only on 118 stars right now...those purple coins are the death of me, specifically the Luigi's Purple Coins and the Purple coins on Dreadnaught.

If anyone knows of a reassuring way to beat those two levels, I would be glad to hear it.

Guest OppThumbs

Mario Galaxy is definitely a superb game.

Like a typical platformer, it gets progressively harder until it gets downright ridiculous for the last couple of stars.

I'm only on 118 stars right now...those purple coins are the death of me, specifically the Luigi's Purple Coins and the Purple coins on Dreadnaught.

If anyone knows of a reassuring way to beat those two levels, I would be glad to hear it.

Patience is key. I can't remember how many times I repeated the last few purple coin challenges. Never before have I been so angry at level designers.

Guest monchichi

My brother got Mario Galaxy and I did a test run last night...

So, thanks for the recommendations guys - Definitely worth the buy... it's so much fun!!! XD I love it!

My brother also got Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. It plays like House of the Dead, which I like and is quite fun but I got up to the first boss and kept on dying x_x

Any hints?

My brother got Mario Galaxy and I did a test run last night...

So, thanks for the recommendations guys - Definitely worth the buy... it's so much fun!!! XD I love it!

My brother also got Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. It plays like House of the Dead, which I like and is quite fun but I got up to the first boss and kept on dying x_x

Any hints?

The scorpion?

1) Throw a grenade at its mouth when its guard is down. That does a ridiculous amount of damage.

2) Hit his tail to get him to back away from you... And basically alternate between shooting its tail and shooting its head.

3) Notice that if it is close to you and you can't get it to back away, it will strike soon, so get ready to enter whatever dodge command pops up.

I generally don't play shooting games because if it was up to me, I'd never move forward, lol. I'm always so cautious, since I'm afraid something will jump out at you. But since in Umbrella Chronicles they move for you, I didn't find the game too scary at all. And yeah, definitely, if you like playing House of the Dead series at the arcade, this game has a very similar feel (you can even play with 2 players!).

Guest RS Trax

Yeah, I've been thinking about limiting the number of photos also so that the page would load up faster for others to read.

Today's release on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console is..

1080_degree_snowboarding.jpg

1080 SNOWBOARDING

N64

1-2 players

Rated E for Everyone

1,000 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080_Snowboarding

------------

According to Japanese publication IT Media, games from the SEGA Master System will soon become available on Virtual Console.

Fantasy Zone and Fist Of The North Star - priced at 500 and 600 Wii Points, respectively - will lead the February debut of Master System in Japan. It is unknown when other territories will begin distributing Master System games and at what cost.

The Master System first appeared in 1986 as a direct competitor to the Nintendo Entertainment System. Despite garnering mixed global success, the console gave rise to the SEGA Genesis and SEGA Game Gear, as well as franchises like Ys and Alex Kidd.

-----------

Super Smash DOJO!! updates us with the following.

Pokemon: Manapy

mball09_080122b.jpg

Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom

stage23_080123b.jpg

Super Mario Bros.: Ground Theme

Game Mode: Masterpieces (VC Demos)

Designer Masahiro Sakurai announced that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will offer a variety of game demonstrations based on Virtual Console titles. The downloads will come on the disc and therefore not require an online connection to play.

The original Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Star Fox 64 and other unnamed games will be playable. All of the announced games, except Super Metroid and Star Fox 64 (third and second installments, respectively), are the original appearances of each hero or heroine. Some titles reach back to the original Nintendo Entertainment System's console release in 1985.

Some games, like Super Metroid, will have pre-designed saved data for players looking to experience a major boss battle. All available demonstrations will expire after a set period of time. Sakurai mentioned, however, that the full game can be purchased from the Wii Shop Channel should the demo incline players towards that decision.

Release dates: Jan. 31st [Japan]; Mar. 9th [North America]

Official website: http://www.smashbros.com

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl

----------

// Roth

woah, its the full SSBB japanese intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBsajRrnY8

I thought it was fake at first because we've seen that first Mario shot before...then all this new stuff comes

YAY NESS AND MARTH

edit: apparently, the game got leaked. Its possible that by tomorrow that the whole character roster will be out. New screenshots are being released every few mins now.

Gannondorf and C.Falcon have just been spotted too.

and now Falco

and also Lucario and R.O.B....geez

Guest monchichi

The scorpion?

1) Throw a grenade at its mouth when its guard is down. That does a ridiculous amount of damage.

2) Hit his tail to get him to back away from you... And basically alternate between shooting its tail and shooting its head.

3) Notice that if it is close to you and you can't get it to back away, it will strike soon, so get ready to enter whatever dodge command pops up.

I generally don't play shooting games because if it was up to me, I'd never move forward, lol. I'm always so cautious, since I'm afraid something will jump out at you. But since in Umbrella Chronicles they move for you, I didn't find the game too scary at all. And yeah, definitely, if you like playing House of the Dead series at the arcade, this game has a very similar feel (you can even play with 2 players!).

Thanks for that!! I need to restart from the beginning again because I had run out of grenades at the last checkpoint before the boss ^^;

Yeah I like the fact that the game moves for you because I'm too scared to move as well. Plus, it also allows you to concentrate more on just shooting targets on the screen which is handy....

Thanks again! Now all I need is the Wii Zapper.... EB Games is having a special where you buy Ghost Squad and they give you a Wii Zapper for free, so I might convince my brother to get that next time around...

Guest CK92842

Thanks for that!! I need to restart from the beginning again because I had run out of grenades at the last checkpoint before the boss ^^;

Yeah I like the fact that the game moves for you because I'm too scared to move as well. Plus, it also allows you to concentrate more on just shooting targets on the screen which is handy....

Thanks again! Now all I need is the Wii Zapper.... EB Games is having a special where you buy Ghost Squad and they give you a Wii Zapper for free, so I might convince my brother to get that next time around...

You could pick up the Nyko Perfect Shot, I've heard good things about on another forum. For $15 I'd say it's reasonable.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/841/841403p1.html

Guest yukumushio

OMGOMGOMG, DID YOU GUYS SEE THE BRAWL SPOILERS?

Have all the characters been found out now? So there's only liek...35 chars? T_T I wanted moorree!!

I'M SOOO HYPED FOR THE GAMAAMAEAMEMA

Question here concerning Zelda TP & Smash Bros Brawl.

Ganon in SSBB, is that how he looks in Twilight Princess?

you probably found out by now

yes

this is what the character screen looks like now... spoilers i guess

it might be a photoshop, but it has all this correct chars so far

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Ra1n1/up254065.jpg

people still have hope for 'wolf' from the starfox series

Archived