Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colorstoobright

March 9th! :tears: x999 Oh well.. lol, I wasn't as torn up as I imagined. Gives me time to play other games, I suppose..

lol its been pushed back for a full year

at this rate it will be on the next gen nintendo console!

Full year o_o? Just a month, actually.

Guest Velocitii

VELOCITI DOON'T DO ITT, you'll regret it...

Just wait for Brawwwlll, in the meanwhile, get a ps3!! lol

Besides, No More Heroes is coming out soon and that game will pwn

It's getting good previews and stuff, I can't wait to get it!!!

(but I gotta beat re4 first)

ugh, nightmares.

i already have a ps3 lol, no more heroes seems alright, im gonna wait for reviews first

Guest aznfishyfart

Full year o_o? Just a month, actually.

the delay is only a month. where'd you get a year from?

full year from when it was supposed to originally come out lol

ive been on preorder for a year xP

Guest yukumushio

Guys, who's gonna get NMH?

It's seems like a really cool game, but many are afraid it'll go by unnoticed, like Zack and Wiki, which IGN and Gonintendo pushed a lot!!!

Zack and Wiki was soooo fun...

If NMH gets good reviews - 8,9,10..would you get it?

Guest colorstoobright

^ I watched the NMH vid preview on IGN a few hours ago, but it doesn't look like I'd enjoy the game (but the setting yourself on fire was funny lol).. I dunno why, but it's kinda like Bully. I wouldn't see myself having fun with that game either. I need adventure! :D Still, I wouldn't mind trying it. Oh the violence (:

Guest yukumushio

dude, pleease give it a try, it's sorta a linear game, point A to point B, kill assasins, make enough money to get the info on the next assassin, kill them. Pretty simple right? But the previews say it's just too much fun, oozes style and stuff...

btw, there's a petition to get Bionic Commando on the Wii, I know petitions never work, but capcom said they really would think about it if there was demand, I never heard of this game myself, but after seeing the trailer for the original bionic commando remake, It makes me excited about it, I really want this game on WiiWare at least!!!

Please help bump the digg as well!

Signing up to Digg is uber easy, DON'T BE LAZY AND SIGN UP!!

http://digg.com/nintendo/Bionic_Commando_W..._make_it_happen

and here's the petition, please sign!!! The game seems really cool!

Bionic Commando Petition!

Guest CK92842

Delayed means that they might implement new characters. I wonder what's the complete roster this time.

My guess would have to be that Nintendo is either upgrading their servers to handle the insane demand there will be or that online play in the States still could use some serious tweaking. 4-player brawl is pretty impressive especially when it comes to newcomers like Nintendo, heck everyone has been up and arms lately about Xbox Live's downtime since Christmas 07. Myself included, added to the fact that we're paying yearly subscriptions for online play. I could go on and on but as of right now I'm so tempted to import SSBB. :blush:

Guest yukumushio

actually a rumor came up that the delay was so they could make more discs.

lol, it's possible right? they make gazillions and sell 'em all.

actually a rumor came up that the delay was so they could make more discs.

lol, it's possible right? they make gazillions and sell 'em all.

^why would they do that, its going to sell gazaillions anyways

the rumor I heard is that the U.S. translation/localization team fell behind on their work... they are delaying the Japanese release only by a week to shorten the gap in between releases.

Guest yukumushio

CatGoesMEOW

omg...you have a ps3 and a wii?? OMGOMGOMG!!!

lucky~

Uhh, for Wii, I recommend a bunch of games

NO More Heroes

Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Legend of Zelda

I finally got my Wii. It's pretty late to be getting a Wii, lol.

The controller is really weird for me, haha.

Just got back from playing Mario Galaxy, it's hard for a noob like me x.x

I wished Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart would release a little faster =\

Is the Zelda game good? I'm tempted to buy it since a friend of mine said it was a pretty good game.

Guest RS Trax

Today brings two releases of classic games on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console.

Adventures_of_Lolo_2-135.jpg

ADVENTURES OF LOLO 2

NES®

1 player

Rated E for Everyone

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventures_of_Lolo_2

super%20street%20fighter%20ii%20-%20the%20new%20challengers.jpg

SUPER STREET FIGHTER™ II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS

Super NES®

1-2 players

Rated T for Teen - Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Street_Fighter_II

-----------------

New Wii game releases this week:

*Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream Wiki

*No More Heroes Wiki

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Wiki

New Nintendo DS game releases this week:

*Advance Wars: Days of Ruin Wiki

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Wiki

Mega Brain Boost GameSpot

-----------------

Guitar Hero III Replacement Disc Update

A piece of an Activision automated-email update:

"We wanted to provide you with an update regarding the status of the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Wii replacement discs. The game has been approved by Nintendo and is currently in manufacturing. We expect to have the replacement discs available in February. Once we have the discs, we will contact you and then pro actively send you a prepaid return envelop with a game exchange claim form. You should return the completed form with your current copy of the game. Once we receive a completed claim form and game, we will send you the replacement disc. We thank you for your patience and support."

-----------------

preview_wii_music.jpg

Wii Music details:

- gameplay centered on ‘Play Sessions’

- music from Nintendo Sound Team (old BGMs and new music)

- Over 40 parts/instruments available: Folk Guitar, Bass Guitar, Trumpets, Maracass, Marimbas and much more.

- Be the conductor as well

- Each part has different controls (ex - trumpet makes strong sounds if Wiimote is at high angle, weak sounds if held low. Play drums with two Wiimotes. Guitar has you using the C button as a pick.)

- You can play 6 parts together: 4 for humans, 2 for AI

- Replay options

- Release date in 2008 TBA

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Music

----------------

logo.jpg

Details on WiiWare title, PLÄTTCHEN

- the name PLÄTTCHEN is final, worldwide

- it’s a mix between a shooter and a puzzle game

- you can switch the color of every ‘plate’ in a level by shoot at it

- playing with the Wii Zapper brings some advantages, so the developers say

- no online mode, but offline multiplayer for 12 people at the same time

- 100 CLASSIC levels

- Copycat and Mission modes

- rotate the Wiimote to select different colors

- DK Bongo support!

- second quarter 2008 release, 1,500 Wii Points

- Dev Bplus is planning a series of games for DS, all the games following the same story, but telling different parts of it. Project has been delayed for a bit due to the wrapping-up of Plättchen.

Thanks to n-knight for translating an interview from GamesCathedral

----------------

Publisher Atlus U.S.A.'s upcoming RPG Baroque has been delayed until March 18 in order to launch the PlayStation 2 and Wii versions simultaneously.

In reparation, Atlus cracked the lid on the Wii version's differentiating features. The Wii version will support widescreen and progressive scan. Subtle motion control integration for "power attacks" will compliment the Wii Remote and Nunchuk control scheme. As reported previously, Baroque will also support the Classic Controller.

Additionally, Atlus provided information on the various types of items that will aid players in their quest through Neuro Tower (click the name for an image of the item):

Angelic Rifle: A uniquely shaped rifle that can annihilate any meta-being with one shot. However, its specialized ammunition is very limited.

Sword: A melee weapon to attack the enemy. There are swords that will possess enhanced attributes and added effects.

Coat: Protective gear to resist attacks. There are some coats that will have other effects besides just raising defense.

Torturer: Item that causes a variety of area effects depending on the type of Torturer. They can be combined with others to enhance their effects.

Parasite: It can grant a variety of effects by fusing it with the protagonist or equipment. You can also fuse a parasite with another parasite.

Official website: http://www.atlus.com/baroque/

YouTube:

-----------------

Speaking of delays, it's official that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is delayed yet again. It's most likely due to low initial shipments, and Nintendo would sure like to print more copies of the game since America is a much larger country than Japan. I bet they added Rockman (Megaman) at the last minute.

Here are the DOJO!! updates:

Shiek (from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) is confirmed for Brawl.

sheik_080116b.jpg

Pikmin & Olimar's Final Smash: End of Day

pikmin_080117d.jpg

Sticker Power-ups

modea12_080118f.jpg

Zelda's Final Smash: Light Arrow

zelda_080121b.jpg

New Release dates: [JP] January 31, 2008; [NA] March 9, 2008; [EU] TBA 2008, [AUS] TBA 2008

Official website: http://www.smashbros.com

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_bros_brawl

---------------

Catch up on previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest colorstoobright

I finally got my Wii. It's pretty late to be getting a Wii, lol.

The controller is really weird for me, haha.

Just got back from playing Mario Galaxy, it's hard for a noob like me x.x

I wished Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart would release a little faster =\

Is the Zelda game good? I'm tempted to buy it since a friend of mine said it was a pretty good game.

I loooooooove Twilight Princess. The gameplay is good, the controls are smooth, but the game is a little too easy.. A 70-hour game turned out to be a 30-hour instead if you play at a steady pace. I still say it's a must have for Wii, though. It's still my favorite game on the console!

Archived