Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest CK92842

Gamesaves are insanely small and would probably never fill up an entire 1GB SD card however if you're looking to buy games on the Virtual Console and archive them because the 512MB of the Wii's internal memory is filled up then yeah you might want something with more memory. Here's an average of the file sizes based off a few ROMs I have on my PC...

200KB - NES games

1.3MB - SNES games

16.9MB - N64 games

Oh and my Mario Galaxy (Wii) gamesave is 108KB, hope this bit of info helps.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lil.Miss.A

my first post here since I'm going to buy wii sometime soon.. =]

Today's releases of classic titles on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console include the following.

Bossrainbow.gif

BUBBLE BOBBLE

NES

1-2 players

Rated E for Everyone

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_bobble

haha.. that reminds me of the rainbow-shooting character I played ages ago on Sega.. brings back the memories.. x]

Guest CK92842

Speaking of Brawl, Snake's final smash just released! Can't wait for the 10th..

Rats! Looks like I'll make SSBB my birthday present after all. This new rumor has been spreading like wildfire and because it's Nintendo comes as no surprise. Basically the game is being delayed another month, this coming in from a online VG retailer who's spilled the beans of it a few hours ago. That and the fact that when I went to go log in my gamefly account there it was on the bottom of my queue list no longer with a 2/10 release date but instead 3/12/08. <_<

Guest colorstoobright

Rats! Looks like I'll make SSBB my birthday present after all. This new rumor has been spreading like wildfire and because it's Nintendo comes as no surprise. Basically the game is being delayed another month, this coming in from a online VG retailer who's spilled the beans of it a few hours ago. That and the fact that when I went to go log in my gamefly account there it was on the bottom of my queue list no longer with a 2/10 release date but instead 3/12/08. <_<

Oh man... At least it's not official until Dojo states it. According to the people on Smash Boards, there was a same topic made for the second delay yesterday but Dojo wasn't updated so I'm sticking with the fact that it's not delayed.

eta: It's highly possible that Gamefly changed their date because that's the date they'll have it available for renting since mostly everywhere else has the same Feb. date.

And last week Japan released their first Brawl commercial for tv! Lucky for them..

Guest CK92842

Oh man... At least it's not official until Dojo states it. According to the people on Smash Boards, there was a same topic made for the second delay yesterday but Dojo wasn't updated so I'm sticking with the fact that it's not delayed.

eta: It's highly possible that Gamefly changed their date because that's the date they'll have it available for renting since mostly everywhere else has the same Feb. date.

And last week Japan released their first Brawl commercial for tv! Lucky for them..

Gamefly as far as I know is pretty spot on with their release dates. They broke the news on the House of the Dead series hitting the Wii before anyone and in the past I've gotten games a few days in advance of the release date so I don't think their taking a shot in the dark here. I sincerely hope I'm wrong here but if Nintendo feels that it could use some more tweaking then I guess we all can do nothing but wait. Look how Mario Galaxy turned out after all. :)

Bit of a geek moment here so bear with me... :sweatingbullets:

"A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.

And by the way, what's the deal with Wii Fit hitting the states? I have yet to hear anything as far as release dates go.

Guest Poetic Prophet

I love my wii, but have made several bad buys...like harry potter: order of the phoenix, Elebits... however i am pleased with how it plays, and i can't play madden any other way... I do enjoy Super mario galaxy (getting used to the controls was a bit nauseating) but after 10 minutes it all went away. I like many other people on the board can't wait for smash brothers...and i might have to download pokemon snap. I remember going to blockbuster with my mom to rent a n64 (cause i didnt have one) and pokemon snap when it came out...yea that says a lil too much there. i may still have a few pics of mew on the lil sticker photo thingys you could get.

Im still surprised though that despite being an inferior system (spec wise) to the 360 and ps3, its still selling like crazy.

Peace!

Guest Velocitii

is smash bros really getting delayed? thats the only reason im keeping my wii

i got the wii around december of 06 and i havent touched it since, really thinking about selling it, but i wanna play smash brothers

Guest yukumushio

yea, wait for the ssbb!!!

No More Heroes sounds awesome too, get that as well

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is a really good shooter, awesome controls, I finally got around to buying it and I love it!! 32 Multiplayer online, is sorta...primitive but it's funfunfun~

Actually NMH is coming out Jan 22nd I think, that should hold you over till feburary, where SSBB will probably keep you busy forEVER!! lol

That is, until mario Kart comes out

Guest colorstoobright

is smash bros really getting delayed? thats the only reason im keeping my wii

i got the wii around december of 06 and i havent touched it since, really thinking about selling it, but i wanna play smash brothers

Keep the Wii! You'll regret it eventually, yea? I say keep it since Brawl is almost out ;).

Guest RS Trax

Today brings two releases of classic games on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console.

Pac-Attack_GEN_ScreenShot3.jpg

Pac-Attack

Super NES®

1-2 players

Rated E for Everyone

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Attack

Riot_Zoneefa.png

Riot Zone

TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM

1 player

Rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Tobacco Reference, Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Zone

------------------

New titles for Wii this week:

*Nitrobike Wiki

*Furu Furu Park Wiki

Samurai Warriors: Katana Wiki

CSI: Hard Evidence Wiki

Action Girlz Racing Wiki

------------------

bioniccommando_petition89f.jpg

Bionic Commando Petition! I think some of you may know that the classic NES title, Bionic Commando. Capcom is looking to bring back the sequel to the next generation for Xbox360, PS3, and PC systems. This is a petition to get them to work on a version for Wii system as well. Hopefully this will go through and inspire Capcom to bring this monstrous title for Wii. Already, there are over an astounding 5000 signatures!

Read and Sign the online petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/0819/petition.html

Also please help by spreading the word to your friends, family, neighbors, classmates.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Commando

-------------------

Guitar Hero III [Wii] owners! For those of you who haven't seen this yet or those who do not want to call in to have their replacement disc mailed, you can visit the Activision disc replacement website.

Here's what Activision says will happen:

"Once the replacement discs are available, the replacement program will begin. We will send you a disc replacement package which will consist of exchange instructions, a replacement disc claim form, and a postage paid envelope for you to return your current copy of the Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Once you receive your package, please complete the claim form and return your original game as directed. Once we receive your game, we will mail you the free replacement disc."

Just fill out the form at the following link to take part in the replacement disc program.

http://www.activisiongameexchange.com/

kpd, that's a good question that might've been asked at the Activision website's FAQs. I'm sure DLC is a given for sometime in 2008 as they mentioned months back. No matter which version of the disc, both should auto update when you load up the game at the time they release the content which may probably be on WiiWare.

------------------

The WiiWare service, expected to launch this March, will allow users to download original software titles through the Wii Shop Channel using Wii Points.

Source

-------------------

Shin'en Multimedia, a game creator and leading audio producer for Nintendo platforms, has announced plans to lend the company's audio outsourcing services to WiiWare developers.

The aural experts at Shin'en Multimedia will create and offer custom data solutions for WiiWare titles. Shin'en expects original sequenced soundtracks to use only a fraction of the resources normally required for streamed audio. The studio did not say when these tools will become available or for what price.

Founded in 1999, Shin'en Multimedia has provided audio middleware and soundtracks for nearly 200 games. Their official Web site provides further information about their services.

http://www.shinen.com/

-------------------

20080111_ninjagaiden_04.jpg

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword has been given a firm Japanese release date of March 20th, 2008. Not yet has it been announced for North America, but let's hope it'll be around the same time.

New screenshots arose at Dengenki: http://dol.dengeki.com/data/news/2008/1/11...31574bc614.html

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Gaiden_Dragon_Sword

Official website: http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/ngds/

-------------------

Smash Bros. DOJO!! updates us with the following.

Newcomer: Captain Olimar & Pikmin (from Pikmin)

pikmin_080109b.jpg

His moves include.. Standard Special Move: Pikmin Pluck, where he plucks out Pikmin from the ground (up to 6 max).

Side Special Move: Pikmin Throw, where Olimar throws Pikmin and latches onto an opponent and drain their energy.

Up Special Move: Pikmin Chain, where Olimar can use a chain of Pikmin to perform a recovery move in case of a fall.

Down Special Move: Pikmin Order, where Olimar can recall and change the order of his Pikmin.

pikmin_080111k.jpg

Theme: "Pikmin: World Map"

Challenges, a game mode that gives you hints about what you need to do to unlock items such as trophies, stickers, music, etc.

various22_080114f.jpg

STADIUM: Multi-Man Brawl, which is a battle against various enemy robots.

various21_080108a.jpg

This time around you battle against the Red Alloy, Blue Alloy, Green Alloy, and Yellow Alloys. Now it even includes 2-player mode as well as an online co-op mode with a friend.

Snake's Final Smash: Grenade Launcher

snake_080110d.jpg

Some online stores have been updating theirs site with a North American release date for Brawl a month later on March (rumor of another delay?). Though, the official site still says February, so we'll stick to that.

Release Dates: JP - Jan 25th, NA - Feb 5th!

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_bros_brawl

Official website: http://www.smashbros.com/

--------------

Catch up on previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest yukumushio

thanks for updates!

Sweet, just borrowed RE4 wii edition from someone, and I love it!

I'm not that far yet, haven't even killed the big monster man, but the game is sweet, the shooting was weird at first but it's really good now...it's uber scary, I highly recommend a rent/buy..it's pretty cheap now at some places, maybe 20 bucks? totally worth it for 20~

I don't think I can beat it in two weeks, that's all the time I have for it T_T

BUT NO I MUST PERSEVERE, I WILL OWN THE EVIL...<insert name of big bad guys in the game here> I dunno who the evil enemy is, BUT THEY WILL DIIEEE

I love wii~

Guest Velocitii

whoaaaa im annoyed, first nights flopped, now this gets delayed againnn!!?? they better be making it perfect, then i wont mind

this just makes me want to sell the wii even more

Guest yukumushio

VELOCITI DOON'T DO ITT, you'll regret it...

Just wait for Brawwwlll, in the meanwhile, get a ps3!! lol

Besides, No More Heroes is coming out soon and that game will pwn

It's getting good previews and stuff, I can't wait to get it!!!

(but I gotta beat re4 first)

ugh, nightmares.

Archived