Sm Audition Results?

Guest Kaga

Guest flyaway.

anita, i dunt think they like u very much. no confirmation email after 3 sent in and no reject email from last year. =P

well, a lot of people from oakland didn't get anything back last year...

& yeah. i don't think they like me either. <_< but whatever. they can't stop me from auditioning.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest simply_dream

The Henry kid is really good. It's only been a year and they are already releasing his image out with Super Junior and if he's from Canada, god knows how his Korean is at the moment. A lot of people are impressed with him. CRAZY violin skills, can dance, good-looking...got to wait for his singing skills.

i have a question, what do u mean by releasing his image out with super junior?!? he was with em? o.0 when... and ya i heard about this kid too, but my friend said he aint as good as everybody says, but he WAS goodlooking XD

i didnt get a rejection letter either >.< i think they hate me too haha

Guest dancingbymyself

Yea, I hear alot of things too, but I haven't heard it from the horses mouth yet. I'm pretty sure they allow at least 5-10 per audition site since it's just preliminaries. The audition examiners probably aren't the people in the high positions, so they won't have the authority to pick out finalists yet.

And yea, I know SM referrals people to other labels and gets a hefty commision from it.

^Yea, thats what they did to me last year. They got me a private audition with some guys from Trifecta and Stam... I unltimatly still got rejected because of my non existent korean skills lol.

Guest ImSmiley

my sister got a email about 2 months after her audition and i got one last month which is really weird because i didn't even attend the audition. i only apply for it. and it's been like what, almost a year now.

Guest lilmagoo

is this henry guy from toronto??? if he is then i might noe who ur talking bout...=P but still where can i see this henry guy's pictures/?????

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

^ yeah there's a thread about him in the korean photo section.. he's from toronto.. the audition last year. He's cute and talented.. not sure can he sing though.

Guest dancingbymyself

dancingmyself u mean u dunno korean but can sing or dance? i tohught if u were good they would teach or sumthing.

I'm an actor. SM doesn't really care as much how your korean is, but others do because they dont have like... as much money as SM.

I'm an actor. SM doesn't really care as much how your korean is, but others do because they dont have like... as much money as SM.

Yea, that kinda stuff makes me wonder how Daniel Henney (sp?) debuted in the Korean media scene w/o knowing much of the language. In comparison with US media standards, his looks are average anyway.

Maybe it's just cuz he's half, so therefore he's exotic. I guess sucking at Korean when you're an endangered species is excusable.

Guest love=music=life

One of my high school co-choir member's friend was offered a trainee position.

But according to my friend (i don't know who her friend is.. never met her)...

They told her friend that she would have to lose 10-20lbs, get plastic surgery on her nose and eyes....

SO I'm guessing that her friend was very talented but didn't have the ideal SM look?

But yea, supposibly her mom was against it and so she had to decline the offer

Guest gimptastic

So.... I auditioned.... I was the only white guy..... they asked me to sing at the korean festival in LA and I got fourth? does that mean they dont wanna sign me? The auditioner lady came up to me at the hotel and told me she thought I had a good performance and people wouldnt forget it easily but that I would have to wait a few months to hear the results...so is that like a polite no? Did anyone go to the SM talent show and see me? could you understand me? I had the red in my hair...?

Guest --hearts.

i have a question, what do u mean by releasing his image out with super junior?!? he was with em? o.0 when... and ya i heard about this kid too, but my friend said he aint as good as everybody says, but he WAS goodlooking XD

Thread about Henry with audition video: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167334

If you're a DBSK fan, remember when Yunho danced and rapped with Dana before he was with DBSK? Sort of like that. They are more or less using Super Junior to promote him. So far, nothing negative has been said about him at all. The fans really like him. He plays the violin and does a duet violin/dance with with Hyukjae and Donghae in the middle of the song which appears on both the performances and the mv. People are really glorifying him so I can see why others say that he isn't AS good as being said, but he IS good. He was smart enough to combine the two skills [although it isn't rocket science] and he has exactly what SM looks for and wants. Face. Body. Moves. Voice. Skills. Age.

He'll probably debut next year at the soonest though with all of SM artist right now that they are promoting. What was being said is basically that he was going to go solo at first, but now they might put a group together of the different people from different countries. It is also said that Lee Soo Man has told him he's at a higher level and therefore will be debuting soon[er.] This is debatable since it is true that SM does release trainees that do have specific talents that make them stand out earlier sometimes, but a lot of it has to do with luck, timing, and planning. Ryeowook was put into Super Junior a month before their debut because the original 12th guy dropped, BUT Ryeowook CAN sing very well. Kyuhyun was taken in by SM for about half a year before they added him into Suju too. [boA trained for about two years, if not a little less, before they debuted her and she was 13. Micky from DBSK was added in 6 months before and I love him to death, but I constantly hear how compared to the rest, he does not have as strong qualities as the others which may or may not be true depending on personal opinion. I personally love his voice because it has a very smooth-richness to it. ] A lot of the Super Junior members trained for an average of 4 to 6 years before they debuted, but they are very talented too. [Hence the "higher level" thing = unlikely.] Given all the kids in SM are pretty damn talented or very well adapted if you're not really an SM fan and refuse to state that they are truly "talented" [thought I doubt there are any of you in THIS thread and even nonfans have to admit that SM knows how to chose kids that know how to ADAPT into things VERY well. Or perhaps another way of putting it is, SM knows how to make their trainees weak points stronger and their strong points unbreakable.] Point is, SM is very good at what they do.

Yea, that kinda stuff makes me wonder how Daniel Henney (sp?) debuted in the Korean media scene w/o knowing much of the language. In comparison with US media standards, his looks are average anyway.

Maybe it's just cuz he's half, so therefore he's exotic. I guess sucking at Korean when you're an endangered species is excusable.

SM is looking to expand hence the multiple world auditioning tours. They knew they weren't going to find kids that all knew how to speak Korean and were also very talented. Henry is a very good example. The kid is from Canada and is of Taiwanese descent. He barely speaks Chinese [which they can teach him because the fact that he is Chinese is good for them with the Chinese population period] and speaks more or less perfect English. His Korean is pretty much down in the hole, but they are teaching him and have said it has improved a LOT. It really depends on how much they like you/how talented you are to invest all that time to teach you the language. Can't say it doesn't give you a lot of points if you DID speak it though because it does. If you aren't Korean, tell them you're self taught [if you are] and they will take you in a second [given you have the skills first.]

Archived