Sm Audition Results?

Guest Kaga

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging on these...I guess Global Auditions are tougher than the local auditions?

Gosh. -___-;;

Definitely. Just finding great talent in a small city/country is hard enough... when you're pitted against the international society, there's much more talent, therefore much slimmer chances to be the best. Plus, like with any human related businesses, it's all dependant on personal preference of the judges/ceo/stockholders. It's a business, so they won't be nice and they wont care if you're the nicest person alive. Sad reality, but it's life. <_<

Guest CitrusFlower

for people who made it they must be talented!6 trainees for like idk 6 cities or something is a little to me since probably thousands of people audition but it's just me, sm is very tough i saw how they train boa so you must be really talented to make it

uh yea it came off as a bit insensitive actually. but i think by you asking if you sound mean you already knew you did.

do you work for SM, or did you audition and make it? just want to know if your answers carry any weight...

hey briatrix kiddo, I don't think smile-jw was being "mean" or anything. I think she was just trying to save you from a possible disappointment. I mean obviously there are people who really want this badly. And sometimes, the truth are the facts that we don't want to hear. But we're all hoping for the best...so good luck!

Guest Mishxmish

yea i didnt think she was being insensitive... there are a lot of camera people going around audition interviewing people for their opinions for later use... so it could of been that.. you must still be nervous about the whole call backs and etc.. its definitely understandable.. but i feel that what smile-jw said does carry "weight" because its common sense...

*referring to page one*

yeah i didn't get an email either..

but my friend got a rejection letter.

and she said that if you didn't get a rejection letter, they didn't FULLY reject yu...

idk.

Guest briatrix kiddo

To all that replied to my reply:

The insensitivity I was referring to was in her wording, not in her point.

But it is fine, she apologized and all is forgiven.

That being said. The only reason why I thought what happened may have meant something was because I didn't see them ask anyone else to say anything on camera. That goes for the whole 2 hours I was there waiting beforehand, walking back and forth between the 2 small rooms the auditionees were gathered. Granted I wasn't there all day, but I can only vouch for the time I was there. The reason why I had asked here is because I wanted to know if It had happened to anyone else that went to the prior audition or the Chicago one. In all honesty, since they did not tell me what it was for, the first thing that came to mind was that it was for an advertisement for the global auditions, but usually there is some sort of agreement you sign that says they have your consent. So thats what got me thinking about it more. Anyway, of course I'm nervous and appreciate people trying to stay "real" about these responses to our questions. But I guess my point is, unless someone answering is one of the people that are doing the actual judging or working the audition, theres no way to really know what or of whom they are considering. Trying to save people from "disappointment" isn't really necessary is it? Life is full of disappointments that everyone has to come to grips with on their own. And honestly don't you think most of the people that tried out already know that a good majority of people don't make it in? So instead of focusing on the negative side of what could happen, why not stay positive for the people that tried out and think the best for them? anyway. good luck to everyone going and just do your best. when you put in 100% and have no regrets, there's no room for disappointment.

Guest smile-jw

^^^ Thanks for forgiving me. :x I need to work on my tone of speaking/writing. ._.

Woah, I just got my letter telling to come by 2 ;;;;

Cool ?

I was like "OMG SOMEONE MADE IT!?"

But then I stalked some of your posts and it seems like the letter was the reply to GO to the auditions~ :lol:

Where did you/ will you audition?

V Oh cool. XD 2nd round? Mind telling us how did it go last year? ^^

Guest BeatOfAzia

*referring to page one*

yeah i didn't get an email either..

but my friend got a rejection letter.

and she said that if you didn't get a rejection letter, they didn't FULLY reject yu...

idk.

So they have already started giving out rejection letters !?!?!?!? >_< Anyone else recieved anything at all, after auditioning this year?

Guest smile-jw

So they have already started giving out rejection letters !?!?!?!? >_< Anyone else recieved anything at all, after auditioning this year?

Haha no they didnt send them out yet..

I think that person was refering to last year...

To all that replied to my reply:

The insensitivity I was referring to was in her wording, not in her point.

But it is fine, she apologized and all is forgiven.

That being said. The only reason why I thought what happened may have meant something was because I didn't see them ask anyone else to say anything on camera. That goes for the whole 2 hours I was there waiting beforehand, walking back and forth between the 2 small rooms the auditionees were gathered. Granted I wasn't there all day, but I can only vouch for the time I was there. The reason why I had asked here is because I wanted to know if It had happened to anyone else that went to the prior audition or the Chicago one. In all honesty, since they did not tell me what it was for, the first thing that came to mind was that it was for an advertisement for the global auditions, but usually there is some sort of agreement you sign that says they have your consent. So thats what got me thinking about it more. Anyway, of course I'm nervous and appreciate people trying to stay "real" about these responses to our questions. But I guess my point is, unless someone answering is one of the people that are doing the actual judging or working the audition, theres no way to really know what or of whom they are considering. Trying to save people from "disappointment" isn't really necessary is it? Life is full of disappointments that everyone has to come to grips with on their own. And honestly don't you think most of the people that tried out already know that a good majority of people don't make it in? So instead of focusing on the negative side of what could happen, why not stay positive for the people that tried out and think the best for them? anyway. good luck to everyone going and just do your best. when you put in 100% and have no regrets, there's no room for disappointment.

You have a point, but if why would people set their expectations higher when they know the chances are very slim? My point is, the higher your expectations, the bigger the disappointment...

Guest chocomint11

i really wasn't going to post but i felt like i need to get this out

sm people are LOOKING for certain people in this audition

and by that, i mean that they're not just sitting there and checking out all the people that audition

they started this audition because they're looking for certain people for their new/upcoming project/plans.

so if you dont get a callback, it doesn't have to mean that you sucked

it might mean that you weren't what they were looking for

like in last year's global audition, they were looking for a certain people for the new band they wanted to make

and those are the only ppl they took, as far as i know

(and in case some of you guys are wondering, what i know has pretty good "weight")

and this year, they are coming again for something else

and esp becasue global auditions came at such short notice this year, i guess they're pretty desperate.

that being said, i know some of you guys are going to read this and imm reply that "that's not true if they saw someone incredibly talented, they would take them, whether they were looking for him/her or not"

and yeahhh thats true...

but chances are low, because they have fifty million trainees alraedy and unless you're mariah carey-status amazing, it's going to be hard

ohh i guess that makes sense...

could u tell us wat exactly they're looking for? like if they want guys or girls, solos/groups... etc.?

Guest smile-jw

ohh i guess that makes sense...

could u tell us wat exactly they're looking for? like if they want guys or girls, solos/groups... etc.?

Well, I dont think anyone would know.

I mean, we arent SM afterall.

So you never know... :D

Archived